DaveRawlings
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Is he still out injured?

MikeIsaGiant
01-30-2012, 04:41 PM
I believe not

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought he was just inactive because they don't have any space for him on the active roster.

chasjay
01-30-2012, 04:43 PM
All I know for sure is that he's on the 53-man roster - I don't know how long it has been since he's been active for a game

chizz
01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Not injured just no need for him . That fumble cost him playing time

Kruunch
01-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Is he still out injured?

He had a brief (hopefully) case of fumblitis.

Raptor22
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Is he still out injured?

He had a brief (hopefully) case of fumblitis.

Luckily Coughlin is good at curing that.

As of now, Ware is the better (albeit less dynamic) option.

NYGRealityCheck
01-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams.

Danny Ware is the Giants 3rd RB because he has an edge over Scott right now in terms of playbook knowledge and execution of the plays on offense when called upon, which is much more important than raw speed in a crucial Superbowl game...

jomo
01-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams. Danny Ware is the Giants 3rd RB because he has an edge over Scott right now in terms of playbook knowledge and execution of the plays on offense when called upon, which is much more important than raw speed in a crucial Superbowl game...That's how it goes for now, I agree. I did however see some nice flash from him which hopefully develops fully in the future. Go Blue!

NYGRealityCheck
01-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams. Danny Ware is the Giants 3rd RB because he has an edge over Scott right now in terms of playbook knowledge and execution of the plays on offense when called upon, which is much more important than raw speed in a crucial Superbowl game...That's how it goes for now, I agree. I did however see some nice flash from him which hopefully develops fully in the future. Go Blue!

My only hope for him right now (if he even makes it onto the Superbowl roster) is to run a fake punt for TD against the Patriots again in the Superbowl, when it counts!. LOL!

myles2424
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
More & more I see the need of drafting a RB by round 3-4........
Jacobs isn't the same & probaly won't be back, Bradshaw is always hurt, Scott is a RB that can make a big play if given a wide open lane, he's more of straight line speed guy.......
And sorry to say, but ware is a below average back....

RoanokeFan
01-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Being a fan of Da'Rel Scott and his ridiculous speed, I would unfortunately have to say...the only spot for him on the team right now is on special teams.

Danny Ware is the Giants 3rd RB because he has an edge over Scott right now in terms of playbook knowledge and execution of the plays on offense when called upon, which is much more important than raw speed in a crucial Superbowl game...

What you say is true, yet, and I would never presume to know what TC is thinking, but I would think the fact that Scott has fumbled more than once on very few touches has him in the "NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS" dog house.

Remember, Bradshaw was benched for a time for the very same reason. It's not to say Scott is a bust, but we don't see what goes on in practice.

NYGRealityCheck
01-30-2012, 06:21 PM

What you say is true, yet, and I would never presume to know what TC is thinking, but I would think the fact that Scott has fumbled more than once on very few touches has him in the "NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS" dog house.

Remember, Bradshaw was benched for a time for the very same reason.* It's not to say Scott is a bust, but we don't see what goes on in practice.

I'm hoping Da'Rel Scott follows the footsteps of Victor Cruz.
Preseason Wonderboy-> first year past-> second year WOOHOO!

ebick
01-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Yes....look for him next year.....not Sunday.

Firenugget
01-30-2012, 06:37 PM

Remember, Bradshaw was benched for a time for the very same reason. It's not to say Scott is a bust, but we don't see what goes on in practice.

I don't think that's really the case here. The fact is BJ, Bradshaw and Ware are all healthy, there's no place for Scott at the moment.

embeshAtYa
01-30-2012, 08:17 PM
I cant stand to see Jacobs on the sideline with a jacket on and Ware in the game. I hate when Ware gets the ball. He looks like a boy among men out there. my opinion

jomo
01-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I cant stand to see Jacobs on the sideline with a jacket on and Ware in the game. I hate when Ware gets the ball. He looks like a boy among men out there. my opinionHe does, but he knows the playbook, can pass block and catch a little, doesn't fumbleplus he's our best shot running the 2 point conversion lol. Seriously, he is just OK but for the here and now he's gonna be in the mix just as he's been since the Jets game. It's been working out alright hasn't it? Next year, different story.

FDNY Fitzy
01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Oh boy, the fumble machine that was supposed to get half our carries this season according to folks on here.

He will bring us to the promised land oh Da-Real Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMFP2
01-30-2012, 09:01 PM
I cant stand to see Jacobs on the sideline with a jacket on and Ware in the game. I hate when Ware gets the ball. He looks like a boy among men out there. my opinionHe does, but he knows the playbook, can pass block and catch a little, doesn't fumbleplus he's our best shot running the 2 point conversion lol. Seriously, he is just OK but for the here and now he's gonna be in the mix just as he's been since the Jets game. It's been working out alright hasn't it? Next year, different story.</P>

DJ Ware isn't really awesome at anything, but on the flips side, he's okay in any situation....he can run, catch, and block.....so from a scheme standpoint, when he's on the field, he doesn't limit the playbook.</P>

I was huge Scott cheerleader during the midseason, but he had an issue with ball security.</P>

The difference in the NFCCG might have been that Kyle Williams was on the field, and Da'Rel Scott was not.</P>