PDA

View Full Version : Will Barden be activated?

giantsfan420
01-30-2012, 04:44 PM
he did well vs NE week 9, nicks should be good to go but he does have that shoulder issue, jerrigan hadnt done anything as a wr and done minimal as a returner, and barden could be a redzone staple that NE wont prepare for.

I hope he does get activated in case some one gets nicked up and we need a wr to contribute. as happy as i am with d.thomas as a special teamer he hasnt made any impact as a wr. barden hasnt done anything either really but he did have a good game week 9.

what u guys think what would u do?

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 04:45 PM
No, I don't think Barden will be activated. He'll be lucky to be activated next year, if he's still on the roster.

Gianthunter
01-30-2012, 04:50 PM
<FONT size=6>[8-|]WHY?</FONT>

01-30-2012, 04:52 PM
<FONT size=6>WHY?</FONT>

Bump. This Banana Barden has to go. Why waste more time? Draft someone and see how HE does in 3 years time.

G-Man67
01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
ha, i think you saw why last week ... as a 4th or 5th WR, you have to be great on STs

and, well, we don't win without Devin Thomas pouncing on 2 fumbles

giantsfan420
01-30-2012, 04:59 PM
<FONT size=6>WHY?</FONT>

Bump. This Banana Barden has to go. Why waste more time? Draft someone and see how HE does in 3 years time.

so his performance vs ne in week 9 has no relevance? he played well that game and even had a couple circus catches that prevented an int.

of course it should go; nicks, cuz, mm...but after those three does d.thomas or JJ play make u go "forget barden?" bc imo he gives us more of a threat than those two plus we always hear how he could be used in the redzone and never see it. it'd be nice to see him used for this game in that way, kinda similar to how tyree who really never played as wr or at least wasnt a target during the season/playoffs became on in the SB bc at the least the other team wasnt prepared for him.

i actually think we may see him activated if for nothing else, in case of emergency if nicks shoulder gets messed up (knock on wood it doesnt happen tho)

Gianthunter
01-30-2012, 05:25 PM
<FONT size=6>WHY?</FONT> Bump. This Banana Barden has to go. Why waste more time? Draft someone and see how HE does in 3 years time. so his performance vs ne in week 9 has no relevance? he played well that game and even had a couple circus catches that prevented an int. of course it should go; nicks, cuz, mm...but after those three does d.thomas or JJ play make u go "forget barden?" bc imo he gives us more of a threat than those two plus we always hear how he could be used in the redzone and never see it. it'd be nice to see him used for this game in that way, kinda similar to how tyree who really never played as wr or at least wasnt a target during the season/playoffs became on in the SB bc at the least the other team wasnt prepared for him. i actually think we may see him activated if for nothing else, in case of emergency if nicks shoulder gets messed up (knock on wood it doesnt happen tho)Tyree wasa special team staple. Get it ? he aint suiting up for the possibilty of a throw his way.

GameTime
01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
<FONT size=6>WHY?</FONT> Bump. This Banana Barden has to go. Why waste more time? Draft someone and see how HE does in 3 years time. so his performance vs ne in week 9 has no relevance? he played well that game and even had a couple circus catches that prevented an int. of course it should go; nicks, cuz, mm...but after those three does d.thomas or JJ play make u go "forget barden?" bc imo he gives us more of a threat than those two plus we always hear how he could be used in the redzone and never see it. it'd be nice to see him used for this game in that way, kinda similar to how tyree who really never played as wr or at least wasnt a target during the season/playoffs became on in the SB bc at the least the other team wasnt prepared for him. i actually think we may see him activated if for nothing else, in case of emergency if nicks shoulder gets messed up (knock on wood it doesnt happen tho)</P>

NIcks was out that week as was Bradshaw so there was room on the roster. </P>

His relevance in week 9 or any other week is well.....irrelevant. He is not needed even if NIcks goes down with a shoulder as you say. I was wishng the kid would havestepped up but he hasnt for one reason or the other. </P>

bLuereverie
01-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Having one good grab in a two catch performance does not equate to a good game.

Barden sucks. He shouldn't even have a roster spot to begin with.

Scarfacee71
01-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Barden's ability as a receiver is debatable when it comes to who's better out of him, Devin Thomas, and Jernigan

That said, Thomas and Jernigan are key special teams guys. They'll be the ones suiting up and Beckum is probably the 4th guy now.

ebick
01-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Obvisouly at this point Coughlin has Jernigan &gt; Barden. Unless a receiver is an injury scratch Sunday, Ramses will be watching the SB in sweats and thinking about making the team next year.

jomo
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Barden's ability as a receiver is debatable when it comes to who's better out of him, Devin Thomas, and Jernigan That said, Thomas and Jernigan are key special teams guys. They'll be the ones suiting up and Beckum is probably the 4th guy now..........agree, the decision on #4 and #5 receives is made totally on special teams play and there is no comparison here. Barden will not suit.

Firenugget
01-30-2012, 06:41 PM
I think Barden will be a late blooming surprise. (not this year obviously)

If we lose Manningham (and I hope we don't, but who knows) I think Barden will step in nicely.