PDA

View Full Version : Castillo to remain DC for Philly

giantsfan420
01-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Part of me is happy about this, but also part of me is worried because they did win 4 straight and at times their defense played very well. I still think it benefits us because although he has one year under his belt as DC, I don't know if he has the ability to adapt his defensive scheme and gameplan.

what do you guys make of this?

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 06:59 PM
they have some pieces on defense. and you know they will overpay some other players this offseason, maybe David Hawthorne.

Voldamort
01-30-2012, 06:59 PM
gotta love that Andy Reid

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
They need LB help, and they need to trade Samuel.

Either run press man and play to DRC and Nnamdi's strengths, or force both of them to play off man zone, to suit Samuel.

Cant run both.

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
gotta love that Andy Reid

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/reid-single-ladies-freek.gif

Firenugget
01-30-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't care who they have, personally. They'll be a tough out just like every year.

miked1958
01-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Part of me is happy about this, but also part of me is worried because they did win 4 straight and at times their defense played very well. I still think it benefits us because although he has one year under his belt as DC, I don't know if he has the ability to adapt his defensive scheme and gameplan.

what do you guys make of this?
I am happy. It's kinda like Dallas keeping Wade around longer then they should of

gmen0820
01-30-2012, 08:20 PM
They need LB help, and they need to trade Samuel.

Either run press man and play to DRC and Nnamdi's strengths, or force both of them to play off man zone, to suit Samuel.

Cant run both.This. Samuels killed their scheme this year, and trying to explain that to Eagle fans was difficult because Samuels was pretty good this year.

If they played DRC and Nnamdi in press man, their defense would have been much more effective in the early stages.

gmen0820
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Matter of fact Slip, I'm surprised Samuels started last year. Here is something I wrote on PFT back in August.

Talk about no idea about schemes. Samuels is an off zone corner. The eagles signed two press man corners (DRC and Aso) so they can play press man. Juan Castillo wants to bring heat with his DL and have man coverage. Samuels no longer is a fit. He is an off zone corner like I said.

Whoever thinks that Samuels starts opposite Nnamdi, let me ask you: how did the last, 60 million dollar, off zone corner do opposite Nnamdi? Oh thatís right, he got cut mid way through the season (DeAngelo Hall).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/eagles-have-a-good-problem-with-asante-samuel/