PDA

View Full Version : Jmike draft expert

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 08:12 PM
There are a lot of people on here who i enjoy reading their take on prospects and draft predictions like slip,redyeye, and nycsportsfan but the person who imo was the best at it was a poster named jmike...I was one of those people who wanted Pouncey last year and she argued they would go CB..which they did...not too big of suprise but she also nailed excatly what they would do in the 2nd round...said when they would go O-line and touched on the fact that they would stock pile some lbers which they did...I look forward to reading all your predictions this year and I hope she posts again on here because what she did last year was sick.

lawl
01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Latest I heard, she expects a DE to be our first rd pick.

It seems like the talent level won't really match up for that to happen at the end of the first. But who knows who will fall and who will rise.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 08:27 PM

It seems like the talent level won't really match up for that to happen at the end of the first. But who knows who will fall and who will rise.

i read that she said that too but I think I also read she said with them picking so late it will be hard to tell which way they go...ur actually good at predicting what they do too if I recall from last year.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 09:01 PM
I like that LT from Gerogia..I heard he will go late 1st too..if he is there I wonder what they do.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 09:30 PM

what pos do u think they will target in the 1st?

Mr. Zolo
01-30-2012, 09:58 PM
I like that LT from Gerogia..I heard he will go late 1st too..if he is there I wonder what they do.

You mean Cordy Glenn? I wouldn't mind drafting him, but I don't know if he'll fall to the Giants. I think it might be Mike Adams, the tackle from Ohio State, cause the Giants need someone to replace McKenzie after the season.

Personally, I'd love it if Zach Brown fell to the Giants, cause he'd be a natural to replace Kiwi at LB if Kiwi moves back to DE, which only happens if Osi leaves.

jomo
01-30-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't know who that masked woman was but she sure knew her stuff, haven't seen her in a while. Hope to see her back here soon as well.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:05 PM
I don't know who that masked woman was but she sure knew her stuff, haven't seen her in a while. Hope to see her back here soon as well.

lol..srsly...i respect the old timers who post on the DYK thread but that girl was honestly an expert on 90's giant football...she knew her stuff thats for sure.

gmen0820
01-30-2012, 10:06 PM

You mean Cordy Glenn? I wouldn't mind drafting him, but I don't know if he'll fall to the Giants. I think it might be Mike Adams, the tackle from Ohio State, cause the Giants need someone to replace McKenzie after the season.

Personally, I'd love it if Zach Brown fell to the Giants, cause he'd be a natural to replace Kiwi at LB if Kiwi moves back to DE, which only happens if Osi leaves.In my opinion, Zach Brown is a glorified Jock Williams. Not someone we should look at.

TheEnigma
01-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Any O line guys we look at now will probably need to be able to play at least 2 positions effectively to be considered. Mike Adams is a great prospect but his stock is rising and I'm not sure he would be there at #32.

Someone like Dwayne Allen or Doug Martin (I think his stock will continue to rise) at 32 would work for me. DT wouldn't surprise me either since there should be a few of them around the 32 position around that talent level.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Any O line guys we look at now will probably need to be able to play at least 2 positions effectively to be considered. Mike Adams is a great prospect but his stock is rising and I'm not sure he would be there at #32.

Someone like Dwayne Allen or Doug Martin (I think his stock will continue to rise) at 32 would work for me. DT wouldn't surprise me either since there should be a few of them around the 32 position around that talent level.

interesting point about DT..austin is a question mark...benard is whatever...I like our starters in joesph and canty but another stud in there would def help imo.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:17 PM
I used to talk to her all the time on yahoo. Havent seen her on in a long time.

The funny part was last year she didnt know what CB the giants would take, just figured they would take a CB.

Then somehow Prince falls all the way to them.....

Anyway, her name is Jen.... and shes actually pretty cute. Lol

Hopefully everything is ok with her and she just hasent had time to visit the forums.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:21 PM

The funny part was last year she didnt know what CB the giants would take, just figured they would take a CB.

Then somehow Prince falls all the way to them. Lol

not sure if prince falling there was the reason they would take corner or if they still would have anyway but she actually called DT in the 2nd and OL in the 4th, then the stock piling of backers in later rounds...either way it was pretty cool..I hope she does a mock this year...im looking forward to reading a few of the people's on here mocks.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:23 PM

Then somehow Prince falls all the way to them.....

Anyway, her name is Jen.... and shes actually pretty cute. Lol

cute or not the girl knew her stuff

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:27 PM
not sure if prince falling there was the reason they would take corner or if they still would have anyway but she actually called DT in the 2nd and OL in the 4th, then the stock piling of backers in later rounds...either way it was pretty cool..I hope she does a mock this year...im looking forward to reading a few of the people's on here mocks.

Me and her did a mock about a week or two before that last draft. We actually got a bunch of the early picks right, the lions were the team that I missed on. We had both Prince and Fairley on the board, she argued with me that the lions might take Fairley over Prince, I didnt think they would as they were fairly loaded at DT and real short at CB.

But she was right, after Prince got past the lions the next natural spot for him was the giants.

Could have been an interesting turn however, if lions took Prince and the giants instead had Fairley on the board.

Mr. Zolo
01-30-2012, 10:28 PM

Personally, I'd love it if Zach Brown fell to the Giants, cause he'd be a natural to replace Kiwi at LB if Kiwi moves back to DE, which only happens if Osi leaves.In my opinion, Zach Brown is a glorified Jock Williams. Not someone we should look at.

I don't really see any flaws with Zach Brown. He's got the size and speed to contend with the dangerous TE's in the NFC (Witten, Graham, Finley, Vernon Davis) and get to the QB. Seems to be ideal against fast teams like the Eagles. You put Brown and his speed behind the Giants nascar Package, and they can really excel.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:29 PM

Me and her did a mock about a week or two before that last draft. We actually got a bunch of the early picks right, the lions were the team that I missed on. We had both Prince and Fairley on the board, she argued with me that the lions might take Fairley over Prince, I didnt think they would as they were fairly loaded at DT and real short at CB.

But she was right, after Prince got past the lions the next natural spot for him was the giants.

Could have been an interesting turn however, if lions took Prince and the giants instead had Fairley on the board.

cool..i didnt know u guys did a mock of all teams..i thought just the giants..i do know she was rite about Liguet being a bad fit in SD.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't really see any flaws with Zach Brown.

He has crappy instincts and he is not a physical downhill player at all.

Hes essentially a slightly more athletic version of Jacquain Williams.... Who the giants already have on the team.

Really Brown adds nothing that the giants dont already have. What they really need is an inside linebacker. They are pretty well off outside with Boley, Kiwi, and Williams.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:32 PM
whats ur take on the Tackle from Gerogia...redeye and the guys think he is a late 1st rounder..would love to get him..i personally have never been sold on beatty and have no expectations for brewer.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:37 PM

agreed that would have been interesting but dont know about fairley being there still or would he have been? where did detroit pick?

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:41 PM
I think Glenn is a mid to late 1st round pick, but im not sure he is a fit for the giants.

He is quite a bit heavier than the rest of the giants linemen, and they generally seem to like the smaller guys who pull/trap better, though Shawn Andrews was about the same size as Glenn.

I think its probably 50/50 at best he is still on the board when the giants pick. Hes a near perfect fit for the steelers, who need help at guard and RT. Also could see the lions, Ravens, and 9ers taking a good look at him.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:43 PM
agreed that would have been interesting but dont know about fairley being there still or would he have been? where did detroit pick?

Lions picked 13th. After them, possibly the rams could have taken Fairley, but they needed a DE too, so Quinn could have been their guy the entire time. After the Rams there was really nobody else who needed a 3 tech.

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:44 PM
does anyone see us trading out of the first round...i dont its basically a 2nd round pick...i wouldnt sleep on reciever either...if mannigham goes..imo we need another reciever...barden is trash and i dont know about JJ yet.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:45 PM

Lions picked 13th. After them, possibly the rams could have taken Fairley, but they needed a DE too, so Quinn could have been their guy the entire time. After the Rams there was really nobody else who needed a 3 tech.

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.

wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo

gmen0820
01-30-2012, 10:47 PM

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:47 PM
i actually wanted pouncey of corey L for the giants this season..was pumped when prince fell..i wonder if we would have taken smith if prince wasnt there..that would have confirmed Jmike's prediction.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:49 PM
wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imo

they run mostly 1 gap 3-4, similar to what Dallas runs. But he played a lot of 3-4 end in college, so i wouldnt think its a bad schematic fit, more Liuget just adjusting to the NFL.

gmen0820
01-30-2012, 10:49 PM

wouldnt u agree liguet was a horrible fit for SD? they run a 3-4 I believe..never got that pick..although i watched a lot of their games this year he was ok imoHe isn't poorly suited to play 5T IMO, I just think he would be a better 3T.

He wasn't too bad, but he didn't even hit 50% of their snaps.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.

I dont think so, Liuget had experience at 5t, and had shown he had the ability to 2 gap.

Fairley was a completely different type of player. He was a get skinny and shoot gaps type of DT.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:50 PM

they run mostly 1 gap 3-4, similar to what Dallas runs. But he played a lot of 3-4 end in college, so i wouldnt think its a bad schematic fit, more Liuget just adjusting to the NFL.

would he have been good with us?? and what are ur expectations for marvin austin..i was excited with the pick but he is now 2 years removed from playing the game..im not sure anymore.

TheEnigma
01-30-2012, 10:51 PM
does anyone see us trading out of the first round...i dont its basically a 2nd round pick...i wouldnt sleep on reciever either...if mannigham goes..imo we need another reciever...barden is trash and i dont know about JJ yet.It's always a possibility. When teams get a franchise QB in the 1st round, some of them try to get him a really good WR/TE or OT to help his growth. I wouldn't mind trading out of the 32nd and going into the early 2nd instead with an additional mid round pick.

I'm not sure about a WR with the 32nd pick either to be honest. We have JJ who we just got last year with a 3rd and unless Michael Floyd drops to 32, I'm not a fan of a WR at that spot.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:51 PM
i actually wanted pouncey of corey L for the giants this season..was pumped when prince fell..i wonder if we would have taken smith if prince wasnt there..that would have confirmed Jmike's prediction.

i can guarantee you the giants took a good long look at Smith. Ross sort of took a shot at Smith after the draft, saying about Prince "a CB with no off field issues is a rarity" or something like that. I bet Smith's off the field stuff scared them away, because Smith on the field was a better player in college than Prince, IMO.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:53 PM

i can guarantee you the giants took a good long look at Smith. Ross sort of took a shot at Smith after the draft, saying about Prince "a CB with no off field issues is a rarity" or something like that. I bet Smith's off the field stuff scared them away, because Smith on the field was a better player in college than Prince, IMO.

I agree slip however its not like JR doesnt take chances on players..I was big on smith...on a side note losing ross is big imo..he was a top notch scout.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:54 PM
I agree slip however its not like JR doesnt take chances on players..I was big on smith...on a side note losing ross is big imo..he was a top notch scout.

JR doesnt take chances on players in the first couple rounds. 3rd day picks are different.

And Ross didnt get the job, hes still with the giants.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:55 PM
does anyone see us trading out of the first round...i dont its basically a 2nd round pick...i wouldnt sleep on reciever either...if mannigham goes..imo we need another reciever...barden is trash and i dont know about JJ yet.It's always a possibility. When teams get a franchise QB in the 1st round, some of them try to get him a really good WR/TE or OT to help his growth. I wouldn't mind trading out of the 32nd and going into the early 2nd instead with an additional mid round pick.

I'm not sure about a WR with the 32nd pick either to be honest. We have JJ who we just got last year with a 3rd and unless Michael Floyd drops to 32, I'm not a fan of a WR at that spot.

would love floyd watched every game he played in college becasue im a Notre dame fan he was great with bad quarterbacks throwing to him..he also played against good teams and was their only real target.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 10:57 PM

JR doesnt take chances on players in the first couple rounds. 3rd day picks are different.

And Ross didnt get the job, hes still with the giants.

ur rite mannigham was a 3rd and bradshaw a 7th..so good point on that, he hasnt messed with the 1st yet... and I could of sworn I read ross went to the bears but Im glad I was wrong.

gmen0820
01-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.

I dont think so, Liuget had experience at 5t, and had shown he had the ability to 2 gap.

Fairley was a completely different type of player. He was a get skinny and shoot gaps type of DT.Fairley definitely isn't the ideal 5T, but I don't think the Chargers could pass him up with the **** they had on their DL. Antonio Garay was their best player, that's saying a lot.

Plus, Fairley had incredible upside.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Plus, Fairley had incredible upside.

Still think hes a poor fit. You cant read a scouting profile of Liuget without seeing the word "versatile" written 50 times in it.

Fairley's scouting profiles are completely different, he is just a gap shooter, thats all hes ever done.

TheEnigma
01-30-2012, 11:04 PM
I think that if Dwayne Allen gets past the Broncos, we're going to take a really good look at him and what he can offer for our offense. It'll come down to him and a DT in my opinion.

Ballard is decent but I think his production really has been a result of the bigger weapons in our offense getting majority of the attention from the opposing defenses.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 11:07 PM
I think that if Dwayne Allen gets past the Broncos, we're going to take a really good look at him and what he can offer for our offense. It'll come down to him and a DT in my opinion.

Ballard is decent but I think his production really has been a result of the bigger weapons in our offense getting majority of the attention from the opposing defenses.

I like allen but no way the giants would be interested in him..we dont use our te's in this offense and ballard has been better than good for us..no way we go TE imo.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 11:15 PM
I like allen but no way the giants would be interested in him..we dont use our te's in this offense and ballard has been better than good for us..no way we go TE imo.

Ballard had 600 yards, and hes just an average TE at best.

I think the giants offense absolutely can utilize a TE, they just havent really had much talent there the past few seasons.

They drafted Beckum to find a guy that gave LBs matchup problems, and Beckum has been a disappointment thus far.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 11:18 PM

Ballard had 600 yards, and hes just an average TE at best.

I think the giants offense absolutely can utilize a TE, they just havent really had much talent there the past few seasons.

They drafted Beckum to find a guy that gave LBs matchup problems, and Beckum has been a disappointment thus far.

i agree with u to an extent but I believe ballards year was a product of Eli's big season...and yes beckum has been a dissapointment but I feel we are not big on TE's beckum could be dallas clark part2 if he was in a system that used TE's...we simply dont highlight the TE in this offense imo.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 11:20 PM
TE's beckum could be dallas clark part2 if he was in a system that used TE's...

Or it could be that Beckum is nowhere near as talented as Clark...

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 11:21 PM
however ive learned I dont know much and to trus JR...i was angered when we took JPP and the riaders got mcclain..how did that work out..lol..jpp is the best defensvie player in the NFL rite now imo.

TheEnigma
01-30-2012, 11:21 PM

I like allen but no way the giants would be interested in him..we dont use our te's in this offense and ballard has been better than good for us..no way we go TE imo.It's not just Allen's ability as a receiver that impresses me but his work ethic that his former teammate Da'Quan Bowers alluded to in an interview with Walterfootball (ya I know, walter football)

In practice he would always ask me to go extra hard on him so he could work on his blocking. We had a relationship in practice where I would push him and he would push me. He is one of the best tight ends in the nation right now. He has a great work ethic. He does everything in his power to help the team.

He won't be covered in man. Not by a linebacker. You can try and zone him, but he's not going to be covered in man. He's too big and fast. He can block. He can catch. He's just really big and fast.

We're one really good TE and another RB (for the future) of becoming a really elite offense in this league. Talking about top 5 offense for a few good years.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 11:22 PM
We're one really good TE and another RB (for the future) of becoming a really elite offense in this league. Talking about top 5 offense for a few good years.

and a whole bunch of offensive linemen, lol.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 11:23 PM
TE's beckum could be dallas clark part2 if he was in a system that used TE's...

Or it could be that Beckum is nowhere near as talented as Clark...

true but imo I could see him doing well with the colts when Peyton was healthy..hey i could be wrong i respect ur opinon but we havent featured the TE in some time..even when jeremey shockey was here....TE does not seem to be a postion we value very high.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 11:24 PM

speaking of jmike i read in a post and I agree I wouldnt mind working on petrus at center all off season..he is an excellent run blocker imo..i cant stand baas.

TheEnigma
01-30-2012, 11:27 PM

speaking of jmike i read in a post and I agree I wouldnt mind working on petrus at center all off season..he is an excellent run blocker imo..i cant stand baas.I'd rather we just draft a natural center and continue to groom Petrus as our future LG. Then again, it's been forever since we drafted one of those.

allentown PA
01-30-2012, 11:35 PM

speaking of jmike i read in a post and I agree I wouldnt mind working on petrus at center all off season..he is an excellent run blocker imo..i cant stand baas.I'd rather we just draft a natural center and continue to groom Petrus as our future LG. Then again, it's been forever since we drafted one of those.

would prbly have to snag one of those in the 2nd round

allentown PA
01-31-2012, 12:58 AM

Had the dolphins, skins, pats, and chargers, all essentially 3-4 teams who need guys who can two gap. Pats could have potentially taken him, but I doubt they would have.Luiget was an ideal 3T, but the Chargers took him as a 5T. I'm sure they would have taken Fairley if he was there.

i love how there are all these names for techs these days...it used to be called head up or outside shoulder of whichever o-llinemen..people like liguet who purely shoot the gap are lame..are there any head up players these days?

slipknottin
01-31-2012, 01:10 AM
Liuget wasent just a gap shooter, he played both spots.

Fairley was a pure gap shooter.

allentown PA
01-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Liuget wasent just a gap shooter, he played both spots.

Fairley was a pure gap shooter.

really? totally wrong then..i always felt failey was a great pick for detroit to compliment Suh but I was wrong...how did the kid from baylor fair this season? I believe he went to Cleveland.

allentown PA
01-31-2012, 02:08 AM
anyway..hope she gives her take come draft time...got mad respect for her after last year.

gmen0820
01-31-2012, 01:39 PM
You're thinking Phil Taylor, who I had as my second DT to Dareus.

He's more of a nose guard/tackle kind of guy, and will be an first team all pro guy at some point in his career.

slipknottin
01-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Yea Phil Taylor to me reminds me a lot of Pat Williams the former Vikings DT, but Taylor has a bit more burst off the snap.

Very similar players.

deekay7685
01-31-2012, 04:59 PM

other than Konz who will be an all-pro the rest of the C class is overrated imo and not better than what we have,
i would not use a pick on center this draft unless we take Konz and are content to have him sit for one season.

lawl
01-31-2012, 09:06 PM

i read that she said that too but I think I also read she said with them picking so late it will be hard to tell which way they go...ur actually good at predicting what they do too if I recall from last year.
I think after all the analysis, all of us here tend to have a good idea of what we want the giants to do and what we actually think the giants will do.

I never watch much college ball or highlights so I tend to rely on the people here to clue me in to the positional strengths in the draft and relative idea of draft position and go from there.

I definitely wanted a corner and dt in the first two rounds last year, but I was thinking we'd get a dt in the first as I really didnt think prince or Peterson was falling to us.

This year is a weird one and I won't have even close to an idea as to what I want us to do early on until much closer to the draft when most of the dust has settled.

A versatile OLman, dt, corner de or TE is what im debating as wanting as our first rounder. Like I said, long way to go

allentown PA
02-02-2012, 08:59 PM
honestly If we lose manningham I think WR should be a target...also wouldnt mind safety..we prbly lose grant and I like sash on specials but not sure how he would be as the third safety.

allentown PA
02-02-2012, 09:00 PM

I think she said that before we went on this run and she was prbly rite but with us picking so late....like u said idk if there will be on we want there.

allentown PA
02-03-2012, 02:52 AM

I think after all the analysis, all of us here tend to have a good idea of what we want the giants to do and what we actually think the giants will do.

I never watch much college ball or highlights so I tend to rely on the people here to clue me in to the positional strengths in the draft and relative idea of draft position and go from there.

I definitely wanted a corner and dt in the first two rounds last year, but I was thinking we'd get a dt in the first as I really didnt think prince or Peterson was falling to us.

This year is a weird one and I won't have even close to an idea as to what I want us to do early on until much closer to the draft when most of the dust has settled.

A versatile OLman, dt, corner de or TE is what im debating as wanting as our first rounder. Like I said, long way to go

agreed its very hard to tell with such a late pick

Redeyejedi
02-03-2012, 02:58 AM

Hes essentially a slightly more athletic version of Jacquain Williams.... Who the giants already have on the team.

Really Brown adds nothing that the giants dont already have. What they really need is an inside linebacker. They are pretty well off outside with Boley, Kiwi, and Williams.The more I watch the less I like,He cant tackle . I really like Williams I think the giants are good with him. I think they should draft James Michael Johnson if there going to take a LB

allentown PA
02-03-2012, 03:01 AM

Really Brown adds nothing that the giants dont already have. What they really need is an inside linebacker. They are pretty well off outside with Boley, Kiwi, and Williams.The more I watch the less I like,He cant tackle . I really like Williams I think the giants are good with him. I think they should draft James Michael Johnson if there going to take a LB

what rbs are going to be there? that may be the pick

Redeyejedi
02-03-2012, 08:18 AM

i can guarantee you the giants took a good long look at Smith. Ross sort of took a shot at Smith after the draft, saying about Prince "a CB with no off field issues is a rarity" or something like that. I bet Smith's off the field stuff scared them away, because Smith on the field was a better player in college than Prince, IMO.Much better tape not really close.

Redeyejedi
02-03-2012, 09:43 AM
DE made sense to me at the start of the year as well.They might select Cam Johnson Virginia he has a nice burst off the edge.I think as of right now

Mike Adams OT Ohio State
Cam Johnson DE Virginia
Coby Fleener TE Stanford
George Ilokka S/CB Boise State
Mark Barron S Alabama

1 of those guys would be my guess.I wouldnt put a WR past them either with Manningham a FA.It will be easier to predict after FA I believe. If Osi gets traded I would guess they go DE for sure. I do think they need another young body there. I think they take 1 at some point. Maybe they take a guy like Chandler Jones of Syracuse in the 2nd round. There are better edge rushers though in next years draft . Most of the ends in this class are Strongside ends

slipknottin
02-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Mark Barron S Alabama

As much as I love Iloka, theres no way hes worth a first round pick. 2nd at most.

gmen0820
02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
DE made sense to me at the start of the year as well.They might select Cam Johnson Virginia he has a nice burst off the edge.I think as of right now

Mike Adams OT Ohio State
Cam Johnson DE Virginia
Coby Fleener TE Stanford
Mark Barron S Alabama

1 of those guys would be my guess.I wouldnt put a WR past them either with Manningham a FA.It will be easier to predict after FA I believe. If Osi gets traded I would guess they go DE for sure. I do think they need another young body there. I think they take 1 at some point. Maybe they take a guy like Chandler Jones of Syracuse in the 2nd round. There are better edge rushers though in next years draft . Most of the ends in this class are Strongside endsAgreed on Chandler Jones. I've been extremely high on Chandler Jones and Vinny Curry.

Raptor22
02-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Mark Barron S Alabama

As much as I love Iloka, theres no way hes worth a first round pick. 2nd at most.

I want to see him in the combine. I think he could be one of those players to be a better pro than a college player (especially given how TE's are beginning to be used nowadays).

His height/weight/versatility scream a prototypical Giants draft choice. If he shows athleticism in the combine, I wouldn't have a problem with him at all

(I'd like to throw Brockers, Cox, and possibly Poe to the list of "possibles" as well. Sanu as well, but I doubt he makes it past San Fran. I kinda doubt Reese picks an O-lineman unless there's one there they REALLY like)

slipknottin
02-03-2012, 04:48 PM
I want to see him in the combine. I think he could be one of those players to be a better pro than a college player (especially given how TE's are beginning to be used nowadays).

Probably, but watching him in the senior bowl, he just is somewhat average in terms of range and instincts. He could be a very good rover, but its a projection, and I just dont think hes good enough right now to be worth a 1st round pick.

Raptor22
02-03-2012, 05:02 PM

Probably, but watching him in the senior bowl, he just is somewhat average in terms of range and instincts. He could be a very good rover, but its a projection, and I just dont think hes good enough right now to be worth a 1st round pick.

meh... I wouldn't judge anything from the Senior Bowl. They're not allowed to play anything like a Pro defense, or even a defense that fits with the particular talent on the respective teams.

However, he did blow up the practices, getting mentioned in glowing terms in just about every report. (IIRC he got beat once all told, and that was by a small/shifty receiver he wouldn't be asked to cover in the pros, but he did consistently shut down the receiving TE's)

slipknottin
02-03-2012, 07:54 PM
meh... I wouldn't judge anything from the Senior Bowl. They're not allowed to play anything like a Pro defense, or even a defense that fits with the particular talent on the respective teams

He played deep safety in C1 or C3 all senior bowl. Im mostly judging by how he attacked the run, he just never seemed like he was a downhill player, or a hitter. He got there pretty late. But a lot of that could be trusting the other corners and players on the field.

allentown PA
02-05-2012, 11:59 PM
draft a center to replace baas..he is **** imo..lol

allentown PA
02-10-2012, 08:39 PM

lber is def not a need imo..wouldnt be against a DT but I have no clue what will be there at 32.

jomo
02-10-2012, 10:20 PM
draft a center to replace baas..he is **** imo..lolNeed to release or at a minimum restructure that guy.

allentown PA
02-10-2012, 10:23 PM
draft a center to replace baas..he is **** imo..lolNeed to release or at a minimum restructure that guy.

speaking of jmike..she had an interesting idea of working petrus at center all off season..dont know if thats realistic but him at center, boother an snee at guards or DD, and the combo of DD,mck if we resign him and beatty at tackles could work.