PDA

View Full Version : Jets vs Eagles in a Superbowl

bleedinblue27
01-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Evan & Joe on the radio today (WFAN) us GIANTS fans, who would we root for?

painful question!!

SUPERBOWL XLVI!!! GO BIG BLUE!!

SweetZombieJesus
01-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Jets. Not in our division and we play them once every 4 years.

"attention" and bragging rights aren't as important as jets fans think they are.

Redeyejedi
01-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Jets for sure.The Eagles are on the top of the hate chain.Before Rex ryan i would not even of cared if the jets won if the giants were eliminated .After his comments at the start of the season disrespecting the Giants organization i hope they suck every year until he is gone.

TheEnigma
Anyone over the Eagles.

BigBlue wins
I hate the eagles so much.

Jets for sure

ajd121
01-30-2012, 07:50 PM

painful question!!

I am also a Met fan so Philly is public enemy number 1 for me, so no hesitation I would root for the Jets.

Blue daddy
01-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Jets,as a matter of fact any team other than the seagulls.

OrangeGiant
01-30-2012, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't be rooting so much for the Jets to win as I would be for the Eagles to lose! I don't want that franchise to win a SB ever.

bLuereverie
01-30-2012, 07:55 PM
That would hurt even more if it was the SB in Giants stadium. Worst possible case for me though would be Cowboys/Jets.

rwmcquarters
01-30-2012, 07:55 PM
First ever playoff tie?

Big Blue 418
01-30-2012, 07:58 PM
As a Met fan , Philly is public enemy #1 . I would even go out and buy a Jets hat for the game . The Jets already have a sb . I don't want the Eagles to get one

bleedinblue27
01-30-2012, 07:59 PM
LOL! the Jets win the superbowl the year after Rex leaves!!!

Rudyy
01-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I would just curl up in a ball and hope that both teams get lost on their way to the stadium.

Jobarulz
01-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Ever since Rex, I would root for any team over the Jets, yes even the Eagkles. I ahte the Jets and their fanbase with an unbelievable passion.

PhilaGiant83
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I truly loathe and despise both of those teams with a fiery passion. I'd root for an alien abduction of Rex Ryan and Andy Reid.

NWKEffectElement
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
**** both of them Jets fans. We are in the SB, not them clowns.

bLuereverie
01-30-2012, 08:05 PM
First ever playoff tie?

As long as the commish can walk up the podium and say you both lose.

BigBlueFanNJ
01-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Only SB to end in a tie

jppmvp90
01-30-2012, 08:08 PM
al qaeda vs eagles. go al qaeda

DragonSoul
01-30-2012, 08:17 PM

painful question!!

SUPERBOWL XLVI!!! GO BIG BLUE!!not painful, jets since eagles would still have 0 SB. But we know both of those will find a way tho screw up.

FDNY Fitzy
01-30-2012, 08:52 PM
It will never happen, but obviously i'd support the Jets. I don't carry the misery and inferiority complex that their franchise does.

jomo
01-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Jets. Not in our division and we play them once every 4 years. "attention" and bragging rights aren't as important as jets fans think they are.Well put and I totally agree.

FBomb
01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Easy....Jets. I hate them but I could NEVER root for the Eagles to win ANYTHING.

FBomb
01-30-2012, 09:01 PM
al qaeda vs eagles. go al qaeda</P>

lol....but al qaeda doesn't have a fake fireman cheerleader!!</P>

GmenFan1980
01-30-2012, 09:04 PM
You know what the funny part is? This might actually be a dream match-up for the eagles :O.

When they faced each other this year, they mentioned how the jets had never beaten the eagles before.

Hopefully the jets would break that streak if this should ever happen

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 09:10 PM
You know what the funny part is? This might actually be a dream match-up for the eagles :O.

When they faced each other this year, they mentioned how the jets had never beaten the eagles before.

I would cheer for Hitler to win WWII before I'd cheer for the Eagles to win a Superbowl. I would cheer for the world to end before I would cheer for the Eagles to win the Superbowl. I hate them so very much.

Dabluguy
01-30-2012, 09:49 PM
That would sucj but il say Jets. I like Philly with no SB trophy.

tikiandphil
01-30-2012, 10:12 PM
I would just curl up in a ball and hope that both teams get lost on their way to the stadium.

It would be the first Super Bowl that I wouldn't see.

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Oofff. The Jets, but it would have been easier with Herm or Mangini as coach. Still, I'd have to root for the Jets -- I never want to see the Eagles win a thing.

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 10:23 PM

I would cheer for Hitler to win WWII before I'd cheer for the Eagles to win a Superbowl. I would cheer for the world to end before I would cheer for the Eagles to win the Superbowl. I hate them so very much.
Ha! Who would you pick in a Eagles vs. Satan super bowl?

Pierre-Paul
01-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Easy! Jets all the way baby! 1) it is a NY team. 2) Philly sucks. 3) Who cares about the Jets? Just don't give Philly players a ring. We would never stop hearing about it. They were practically crowned before they won a game this year.

Giants10Joe
01-30-2012, 10:27 PM
I'd root for the Jets over the Eagles or Cowboys. If it was Jets v Redskins, I'm not so sure though. Probably the Jets but if Rex Ryan was still the coach it would be a tough decision.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 10:29 PM

That's easy. Satan

lnp12
01-30-2012, 10:33 PM

+1

ELIteManning
01-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Could never ever ever cheer for the Eagles. Especially living just north of Philly. I would never hear the end of it. The last few years I have finally had all the fan of the Eagles under control. They got nothing on us right now. I have never seen Eagle fans so quiet.

Giants10Joe
01-30-2012, 10:35 PM
It seems like everyone is in agreement: they would root for the Jets over the Eagles in the Superbowl, so here's a tougher question. Who would you root for in the NFC Championship if it was Cowboys vs. Eagles? I think I would have to root for the Cowboys because I want the Eagles to stay at 0 Superbowl wins. The Cowboys already have some so it wouldn't be as bad if they got another one. And then obviously I would root for the AFC team in the Superbowl.

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 10:36 PM
It seems like everyone is in agreement: they would root for the Jets over the Eagles in the Superbowl, so here's a tougher question. Who would you root for in the NFC Championship if it was Cowboys vs. Eagles? I think I would have to root for the Cowboys because I want the Eagles to stay at 0 Superbowl wins. The Cowboys already have some so it wouldn't be as bad if they got another one. And then obviously I would root for the AFC team in the Superbowl.

Maybe Eagles because I always think the Eagles just choke in the SB.

Would be funnier watching Eagles make it to SB and lose.

miken609
01-30-2012, 10:38 PM
I hate the eagles significantly more than any other team in professional sports. Jets.

THE_New_York_Giants
I would also kind of pray for a meteor to hit the stadium where that game would be played

Giants10Joe

Maybe Eagles because I always think the Eagles just choke in the SB.

Would be funnier watching Eagles make it to SB and lose.

That is true.

GmenFan1980
01-30-2012, 10:39 PM

That's easy. Satan

who would be on satans team lol. a bunch of demons? or a bunch off ******* people

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 10:39 PM
I hate the eagles significantly more than any other team in professional sports. Jets.
I hate the ***les and flyers so much. cowterds are a close third.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 10:40 PM

That's easy. Satan

who would be on satans team lol. a bunch of demons? or a bunch off ******* people
OJ Simpson. Mr. Gacy at QB, Osama, Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong, the zodiak killer, the unibomber, Mohammed Atma, George Bush, Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama. Those kinds of people.

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 10:52 PM

That's easy. Satan

OJ Simpson. Mr. Gacy at QB, Osama, Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong, the zodiak killer, the unibomber, Mohammed Atma, George Bush, Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama. Those kinds of people.
LMAO -- well, Churchill himself said something similar to having Satan as an ally if it meant beating Hitler.

I could never ever support the Eagles. Nobody who knows me could ever call me cruel, but I take such pleasure (and not guilty pleasure either) in watching the Eagles flounder.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 10:54 PM

That's easy. Satan

LMAO -- well, Churchill himself said something similar to having Satan as an ally if it meant beating Hitler.

I could never ever support the Eagles. Nobody who knows me could ever call me cruel, but I take such pleasure (and not guilty pleasure either) in watching the Eagles flounder.
I often feel almost as good after an Eagles loss as I do after a Giants win. Same goes for cowboys

krygny
01-30-2012, 10:56 PM
I truly loathe and despise both of those teams with a fiery passion. I'd root for an alien abduction of Rex Ryan and Andy Reid.
Even the most advanced alien technology would fail to achieve escape velocity with all that mass on board. In fact, with the the two of them in such close proximity, they would create their own gravitational field so strong they would collapse in on themselves creating a black hole.

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 10:57 PM

That's easy. Satan

I often feel almost as good after an Eagles loss as I do after a Giants win. Same goes for cowboys
Yeah, a Giants win during the early game on a Sunday is delicious, and an Eagles loss in the nightcap is the cherry on top that puts me to sleep comfortably at night.

GmenFan1980
01-30-2012, 10:58 PM

That's easy. Satan

Yeah, a Giants win during the early game on a Sunday is delicious, and an Eagles loss in the nightcap is the cherry on top that puts me to sleep comfortably at night.

You sleep? I stay up watching ESPN watching the giants highlights and the eagles failures :D

SweetZombieJesus
01-30-2012, 11:10 PM

Wait, Eagles and Satan are mutually exclusive?

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 11:11 PM

That's easy. Satan

You sleep? I stay up watching ESPN watching the giants highlights and the eagles failures :D
For fun, I've been going onto the Eagles boards and forums just to read what they're saying. I don't post and antagonize them, but just love reading the sobbing over the "Dream Team."

They've been negatively comparing themselves to the Giants -- makes me feel like an untouchable God amongst the unwashed.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 11:14 PM

Wait, Eagles and Satan are mutually exclusive?
Satan hails in comparison to the Eagles in my book of hate

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 11:14 PM

That's easy. Satan

For fun, I've been going onto the Eagles boards and forums just to read what they're saying. I don't post and antagonize them, but just love reading the sobbing over the "Dream Team."

They've been negatively comparing themselves to the Giants -- makes me feel like an untouchable God amongst the unwashed.
The Eagles need to bow and chant "we're not worthy! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!" (Wayne's world reference)

sc_markt
01-30-2012, 11:17 PM

painful question!!

Not for me. Jets!

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 11:22 PM
I think the better question would be Eagles going for numero 1 or Jets surpassing the Giants in number of championships. Now that would be a harder choice. I'd probably kill myself.

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 11:28 PM
I think the better question would be Eagles going for numero 1 or Jets surpassing the Giants in number of championships. Now that would be a harder choice. I'd probably kill myself.
In that scenario, I'd have to go with the Eagles getting # 1.

Then we just say that they were "lucky" and make some BS excuses like everyone does with these Giants.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-30-2012, 11:32 PM
In that scenario, I'd have to go with the Eagles getting # 1.

Then we just say that they were "lucky" and make some BS excuses like everyone does with these Giants.
I do one of the following:
A) pray for meteor
B) kill myself

Easy-Duz-It
01-30-2012, 11:59 PM
this is such a stupid question and a no brainer. so sick of hearing about the ****ing jets. who cares about the ****ing jets. we have a meaningful game with them once every 4 years.

not to mention, it ain't happening. but if it did. Go Jets!

Easy-Duz-It
01-31-2012, 12:01 AM

satan all day

Easy-Duz-It
01-31-2012, 12:05 AM

haha. i like where your head's at. and i'd probably join you in death.

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 12:06 AM
I root for NY, Jets over anyone other than the Giants. I don't get hating teams in your hometown, I'm always happy to see NY win over another city.

Bread
01-31-2012, 12:18 AM
I root for NY, Jets over anyone other than the Giants. I don't get hating teams in your hometown, I'm always happy to see NY win over another city.You dont get it because you're a Giants fan. You have no reason to hate the Jets but the Jets and their fans have been treated like 2nd class citizens for years (Giants Stadium, anyone?) and the Giants have always been more successful than the Jets. They also tend to have more blue collar fans (Long Island) as opposed to the Giants (Manhattan) Jets fans tend to be younger as well (Cast of Jersey Shore) and being a Jets fan is a subconcious (sp?) attempt at going against the grain as opposed to being a Giants fans, like most NYers

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 12:31 AM
I root for NY, Jets over anyone other than the Giants. I don't get hating teams in your hometown, I'm always happy to see NY win over another city.You dont get it because you're a Giants fan. You have no reason to hate the Jets but the Jets and their fans have been treated like 2nd class citizens for years (Giants Stadium, anyone?) and the Giants have always been more successful than the Jets. They also tend to have more blue collar fans (Long Island) as opposed to the Giants (Manhattan) Jets fans tend to be younger as well (Cast of Jersey Shore) and being a Jets fan is a subconcious (sp?) attempt at going against the grain as opposed to being a Giants fans, like most NYers
I don't think I could ever root for the Islanders. Since when is rooting for the Giants "going with the flow?" The Giants have never been a sexy team. for the last 10 years it's been all about the Eagles and Patriots and Cowboys and then the Jets got thrown in.

GMan883
01-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Even the most advanced alien technology would fail to achieve escape velocity with all that mass on board. In fact, with the the two of them in such close proximity, they would create their own gravitational field so strong they would collapse in on themselves creating a black hole.

hahahahahahahahaha......

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Jets fans have nothing to complain about -- they're the big brothers.

Seriously, what does it matter that someone's fan base is supposedly (so you say) more blue collar than white collar? Long Island is extremely wealthy, just like NJ which has it's share of both Giants and Jets fans.

In terms of young Jets fans, what's that old line? "When I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid."

I'm just breaking your chops.

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 12:59 AM
how the hell did this thread get to 5 pages? it doesn't matter bc philly will never win a championship. should they make it to the SB, the AFC team could play a pop warner team and the eagles would still choke it away.

Superbowl
01-31-2012, 01:17 AM
Yes... I'll take cyanide...[:P]

Seriously...
I can take those Jets idiots winning over Egirls *******...
I really hope not to see them in super bowl ever again...

Firenugget
01-31-2012, 06:11 AM
Jets. Not in our division and we play them once every 4 years.

"attention" and bragging rights aren't as important as jets fans think they are.

Gotta agree. Although it would be MUCH easier to cheer for them if they did it post-Rex. I honestly can't stand the guy.

Firenugget
01-31-2012, 06:15 AM
I root for NY, Jets over anyone other than the Giants. I don't get hating teams in your hometown, I'm always happy to see NY win over another city.You dont get it because you're a Giants fan.<font size="5"><u> You have no reason to hate the Jets but the Jets and their fans have been treated like 2nd class citizens for years (Giants Stadium, anyone?)</u></font> and the Giants have always been more successful than the Jets. They also tend to have more blue collar fans (Long Island) as opposed to the Giants (Manhattan) Jets fans tend to be younger as well (Cast of Jersey Shore) and being a Jets fan is a subconcious (sp?) attempt at going against the grain as opposed to being a Giants fans, like most NYers

Wait, what? So you were treated like a 2nd class citizen because the EXISTING stadium that you MOVED TO didn't change their name? Give me a break. If it was a big deal, you should have stayed at Shea.

Also your theory of white collar/blue collar fan base is downright ******ed. It's more like Giants just have "more" fans. Probably because they've had success.

Antwuan
01-31-2012, 07:33 AM
The Jets</P>

I can't stand the Eagles and I really don't have a lot hate for the Jets.</P>

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 08:15 AM

painful question!!

I'd root for an act of god.

nygsb42champs
01-31-2012, 08:16 AM
I would not watch.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-31-2012, 08:50 AM
Jets. This shouldn't even be a question. I NEVER want the eagles to win anything of substance.

G-Man67
01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
there would be a greater chance of getting mauled by a Polar Bear and a regular Bear in the same day

but to answer the question, i wouldnt root for either team, but i would be rooting against the Eagles, since it is so satisfying that they have never won a Super Bowl

NYG216
01-31-2012, 09:21 AM
There are no circumstances in which I would EVER root for the eagles.

SweetZombieJesus
01-31-2012, 09:27 AM
I root for NY, Jets over anyone other than the Giants. I don't get hating teams in your hometown, I'm always happy to see NY win over another city.

LOL then you need to read the similar threads by Jets fans. They HATE the Giants more than their division arch-rival.

Too worried about "hearing it from Giants fans" and not getting the "attention" of the media.

Such as this (http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241075).

They love celebrating moral victories -- this is still very active in their sigs

http://www.bookcaseangel.com/images/Manning-gets-rocked2.gif

Dorothy
01-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Wouldn't bother watching.

SweetZombieJesus
01-31-2012, 09:55 AM

Keen insight for an Eagle fan, Bread. But you also have to realize a lot of their inferiority complex is self-inflicted. THEY played at Shea which was a bad baseball stadium and from what I hear it was the worst NFL experience in the league. THEY came to the Giants to play in their stadium. THEY failed to build a new stadium on the West Side of Manhattan and came crawling to the Giants to share the new one. The organization has been a model of disaster and instability throughout the years, and since Woody Johnson became the owner add in petulant a-holes to the description.

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 09:55 AM

LOL then you need to read the similar threads by Jets fans.* They HATE the Giants more than their division arch-rival.

Too worried about "hearing it from Giants fans" and not getting the "attention" of the media.

They love celebrating moral victories -- this is still very active in their sigs

Why would I care what they think? I'm not rooting for them, I'm rooting for NY like I said. I could care less about fans.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 10:06 AM

LOL then you need to read the similar threads by Jets fans.* They HATE the Giants more than their division arch-rival.

Why would I care what they think? I'm not rooting for them, I'm rooting for NY like I said. I could care less about fans.
A moral victory in a preseason game? Wasn't that the game of Victor Cruz?

SweetZombieJesus
01-31-2012, 10:07 AM

You're rooting for garbage.

Oh, but it's NY garbage, so it's OK.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 10:10 AM

The only significant sports figure in the history of Filthadelphia is a fictional boxer named Rocky Balboa. That's how ****ty that city is.

killerblue8787
01-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Would not root for either just hope the eagles lose thats all

TheAngryTuna
01-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Jets without a doubt. **** the Eagles.

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 11:10 AM

I wouldn't call LI blue collar...more like affluent suburbs. And Manhattan doesn't have all that many people living there, they are a pretty small proportion of Giants fans. You're right about the young ******y crowd being Jets fans though.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Evan &amp; Joe on the radio today (WFAN) us GIANTS fans, who would we root for?

painful question!!

i'd give the jets a key to the city for a year or so to prevent Philly from winning

Roosevelt
01-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Prior to Rex it would have been the Jets all the way.

Now I would just come away with the pleasure in either teams defeat.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Prior to Rex it would have been the Jets all the way.

Now I would just come away with the pleasure in either teams defeat.

no way I would want Philly to get a ring ever. That alone would make me cheer for the Jets

Bread
01-31-2012, 12:03 PM

The only significant sports figure in the history of Filthadelphia is a fictional boxer named Rocky Balboa. That's how ****ty that city is.

Yeah, you're right, we dont have any signifigant sports figures
http://www.hardcourtmayhem.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/julius-erving-3.jpg

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 12:07 PM

everybody remembers him as a Net and he played there 1/3 as long as he did in Philly lolololol

http://www.upcoming-movies.com/images/feat_interviews/vincepapale.gif

IS NOT a legit sports figure

nycisgreat
01-31-2012, 12:10 PM

painful question!!

I have learned the hard way that fans in other state don't particularly like New York sport teams and New York sport fans. For that reason alone. I would have to root for the Jets. I see the Giants Jets as a sibling rivalry. If any NY team is in a championship game, I have to represent NY. Plain and simple.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 12:12 PM

painful question!!

I have learned the hard way that fans in other state don't particularly like New York sport teams and New York sport fans. For that reason alone. I would have to root for the Jets. I see the Giants Jets as a sibling rivalry.

only teams I would cheer for Jets over is the Eagles and PROBABLY the cowboys

i think i'd even cheer for the REdskins over the Jets

Bread
01-31-2012, 12:14 PM

everybody remembers him as a Net and he played there 1/3 as long as he did in Philly lolololol

I stopped reading and caring, the moment you said everybody remembers him as a Net. Now, lets not derail the OP's thread with smack.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
go birds

just another year of heart break

Bread
01-31-2012, 12:26 PM

Keen insight for an Eagle fan, Bread.* But you also have to realize a lot of their inferiority complex is self-inflicted.* THEY played at Shea which was a bad baseball stadium and from what I hear it was the worst NFL experience in the league.* THEY came to the Giants to play in their stadium.* THEY failed to build a new stadium on the West Side of Manhattan and came crawling to the Giants to share the new one.* The organization has been a model of disaster and instability throughout the years, and since Woody Johnson became the owner add in petulant a-holes to the description.
Yeah, but the fans couldnt control any of that stuff. Its basic psychology, really. Its natural to resent success and admiration. While, you guys were winning titles with Parcells, LT and Simms. Jets fans were a laughing stock with Rich Kotite, Roger Vick and Ken O'Brien. I have read this thread and heard you guys say, how sick you would be if we won just one Super Bowl. Well, Jets fans feel like that but even worse, since the Giants already have multiple rings and may win another one and are in the SAME CITY (Not 3 hrs away like the Eagles are) as the Jets.

byron
01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't root for either one and doubt I'd even watch the game...

nycisgreat
01-31-2012, 12:43 PM

painful question!!

I have learned the hard way that fans in other state don't particularly like New York sport teams and New York sport fans. For that reason alone. I would have to root for the Jets. I see the Giants Jets as a sibling rivalry.

Lol, I couldn't root for any division rival. I am Mets Fan, and I have been tortured mercilessly by Boston Fans the past couple of years ago after the Yanks won the world series, and those Boston fans knew I was a Mets and didn't care one bit. All they knew was that I was from NY. Got the same treatment in Philly when they lost the world series to the Yanks. The Mets haven't been relavent for awhile, but they didn't care they let me have it for both teams. lol.

That is why I have to support NY.

swimeasy
01-31-2012, 12:46 PM

painful question!!

Commercials! :-P

Jets, different division

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 01:19 PM

I stopped reading and caring, the moment you said everybody remembers him as a Net. Now, lets not derail the OP's thread with smack.

woah woah woah... who?

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 01:23 PM

painful question!!

Lol, I couldn't root for any division rival. I am Mets Fan, and I have been tortured mercilessly by Boston Fans the past couple of years ago after the Yanks won the world series, and those Boston fans knew I was a Mets and didn't care one bit. All they knew was that I was from NY. Got the same treatment in Philly when they lost the world series to the Yanks. The Mets haven't been relavent for awhile, but they didn't care they let me have it for both teams. lol.

That is why I have to support NY.

i dont consider the redskins a rival though lol

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 01:23 PM

woah woah woah... who?

Dr J

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 01:26 PM

woah woah woah... who?

Dr J

ah.. yeah... he's a Net in my books. Needless to say, filthadelphia blows. I hate going there. I get off the train and think "well they may as well rename this place 'Crap'"

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
everybody remembers Dr. J with the fro playing wtih the colorful ball as a Net. Even if thats not totall true its close enough considering he was only a Net for 3 years

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 01:31 PM
everybody remembers Dr. J with the fro playing wtih the colorful ball as a Net.* Even if thats not totall true its close enough considering he was only a Net for 3 years

Yes, he was THE iconic player of the ABA.

Bread
01-31-2012, 02:57 PM

woah woah woah... who?

Dr J

ah.. yeah... he's a Net in my books. Needless to say, filthadelphia blows. I hate going there. I get off the train and think "well they may as well rename this place 'Crap'"To each his own, I'm from New York and I say the same thing when I go there for the holidays lol

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
yea but u also live in philly

honestly I could care less about NBA but the reality is that Dr J as the ABA player is just as coveted to his history than his time with the 6ers

not yankin your chain, just saying that I wouldn't use that as the example of athlete for your city

and u don't have to worry about lying to new yorkers - they hate the Nets anyway

Bread
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM

honestly I could care less about NBA but the reality is that Dr J as the ABA player is just as coveted to his history than his time with the 6ers

not yankin your chain, just saying that I wouldn't use that as the example of athlete for your city

and u don't have to worry about lying to new yorkers - they hate the Nets anyway

He was a Sixer for 11 years and won a title in a league, that people actually still care about, today. But, I could care less. We have as many rings as the Knicks and more than the Nets so I'm good. We have rings in every sport except the obvious one, so I could care less about "significant sports figures"

If you take the Yankees away, your significant sports figure is a cokehead pedo lol

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 05:12 PM

He was a Sixer for 11 years and won a title in a league, that people actually still care about, today. But, I could care less. We have as many rings as the Knicks and more than the Nets so I'm good. We have rings in every sport except the obvious one, so I could care less about "significant sports figures"

If you take the Yankees away, your significant sports figure is a cokehead pedo lol
The ID said she was 19.

Outside the Yankees you've got greatness like Mark Messier, Brian Leetch, Mike Richter, Dwight Gooden, Willie Mays (baseball Giants), Patrick Ewing. New York has some great sports icons... unlike filthadelphia.

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 05:14 PM

I don't think you really want to start this discussion. We have 4 times as many titles from one team as you do from every major sport combined.

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 05:15 PM

The ID said she was 19.

Outside the Yankees you've got greatness like Mark Messier, Brian Leetch, Mike Richter, Dwight Gooden, Willie Mays (baseball Giants), Patrick Ewing. New York has some great sports icons... unlike filthadelphia.

Walt Frazier, Nolan Ryan (only team he won a WS with)

Bread
01-31-2012, 05:44 PM

I don't think you really want to start this discussion. We have 4 times as many titles from one team as you do from every major sport combined.I'm a born and raised NYer, like most of you and I dont care about any teams outside of the Eagles (father played for them), Islanders (Rep the LI baby) and Rutgers (alma mater) so you are not hurting my feelings, trust me. And I said, excluding the Yankees, who are ridiculously storied. If you included them in every debate, there would be no debate. They have 27 titles. Thats bringing a gun to a fistfight.

Bread
01-31-2012, 05:49 PM

The ID said she was 19.

Outside the Yankees you've got greatness like Mark Messier, Brian Leetch, Mike Richter, Dwight Gooden, Willie Mays (baseball Giants), Patrick Ewing. New York has some great sports icons... unlike filthadelphia.LMAO!

AJKilo
01-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Bread, you are what is wrong with america, lived in NY, went to school in north/central jersey and you become a philly fan? Haze yourself.

Bread
01-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Bread, you are what is wrong with america, lived in NY, went to school in north/central jersey and you become a philly fan? Haze yourself.Guess, you missed the part where I said my dad used to play for the Eagles....

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Bread, you are what is wrong with america, lived in NY, went to school in north/central jersey and you become a philly fan? Haze yourself.Guess, you missed the part where I said my dad used to play for the Eagles....
Your dad would have been better off not playing football..

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 09:47 PM

The ID said she was 19.

Outside the Yankees you've got greatness like Mark Messier, Brian Leetch, Mike Richter, Dwight Gooden, Willie Mays (baseball Giants), Patrick Ewing. New York has some great sports icons... unlike filthadelphia.LMAO!
Messier, Richter, Leetch, and Gooden are icons. If Gooden weren't a coke head and his drug use hadn't destroyed his career, we would be putting him in the all time great category. He was the best pitcher in baseball for about 7 years. Hell the New Jersey devils are essentially a NYC team. Throw in Brodeur and Scott Stevens

XxBigWhitxX
01-31-2012, 09:49 PM
That would hurt even more if it was the SB in Giants stadium. Worst possible case for me though would be Cowboys/Jets.That...sig...is... magnificent

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 09:52 PM

The ID said she was 19.

LMAO at Messier? Guess you don't know much about hockey.

Bread
01-31-2012, 10:11 PM

The ID said she was 19.

LMAO at Messier? Guess you don't know much about hockey.Most of the country doesnt care about hockey. When talking about significant sports figures, I'm talking about legendary guys thay can be identified with a city, who is well known among everybody.

Chicago - Jordan, Sweetness, Buckus, Fridge,etc

Like that for example.

Bread
01-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Your dad would have been better off not playing football..Lol, get a grip dude.

AJKilo
01-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Didn't miss it, I just don't care about it, you've really got nothing better to do then come around and post on a giants board, its actually pretty pathetic

Cowboys Fan From Asia
01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Jets of course.

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 10:26 PM

The ID said she was 19.

LMAO at Messier? Guess you don't know much about hockey.Most of the country doesnt care about hockey. When talking about significant sports figures, I'm talking about legendary guys thay can be identified with a city, who is well known among everybody.

Like that for example.

The Fridge is a more significant sports figure than Messier? That's ridiculous. People only remember him because of his name and the stupid rap video. Messier is top 10 all time at his sport.

Bread
01-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Didn't miss it, I just don't care about it, you've really got nothing better to do then come around and post on a giants board, its actually pretty patheticYeah, because I really care about the opinion of some meatball on the subforum of a football based internet message board lmao

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 10:57 PM

The ID said she was 19.

Like that for example.

The Fridge is a more significant sports figure than Messier? That's ridiculous. People only remember him because of his name and the stupid rap video. Messier is top 10 all time at his sport.

Messier is top 5 in his sport.
Most knowledgable baseball fans know how great Dwight Gooden was. Hell, Joe Namath is a sports icon.
New York has :
LT, Strahan, Manning, Simms, Tittle, Gifford and Connerly from the Giants
Namath from the Jets
Gooden, Tom Seaver from the Mets
Too many to name from the Yankees
Messier, Leetch, Jagr, and Lundqvist from the Rangers (to name a few)
Potvin and Bossy from the Islanders
Stevens and Brodeur from the Devils
Kidd, Dr. J from the Nets
a bunch from the Knicks.

Bread
01-31-2012, 10:58 PM

The ID said she was 19.

Like that for example.

The Fridge is a more significant sports figure than Messier? That's ridiculous. People only remember him because of his name and the stupid rap video. Messier is top 10 all time at his sport.On 2nd thought, you're right. Fridge doesnt count. And if Hockey was more popular, I would say Messier would count but outside of WG, Crosby and Oveckhin, no hockey players are considered icons among casual fans.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 11:02 PM

The ID said she was 19.

Like that for example.

The Fridge is a more significant sports figure than Messier? That's ridiculous. People only remember him because of his name and the stupid rap video. Messier is top 10 all time at his sport.On 2nd thought, you're right. Fridge doesnt count. And if Hockey was more popular, I would say Messier would count but outside of WG, Crosby and Oveckhin, no hockey players are considered icons among casual fans.
Crosby and Ovechkin bow before Messier

AJKilo
02-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Didn't miss it, I just don't care about it, you've really got nothing better to do then come around and post on a giants board, its actually pretty patheticYeah, because I really care about the opinion of some meatball on the subforum of a football based internet message board lmao

Then what is your purpose? If you don't care just leave, if you stick around you clearly have some insecurity that requires filling through your trolling. You're pathetic.

SweetZombieJesus
02-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Yeah, but the fans couldnt control any of that stuff. Its basic psychology, really. Its natural to resent success and admiration. While, you guys were winning titles with Parcells, LT and Simms. Jets fans were a laughing stock with Rich Kotite, Roger Vick and Ken O'Brien. I have read this thread and heard you guys say, how sick you would be if we won just one Super Bowl. Well, Jets fans feel like that but even worse, since the Giants already have multiple rings and may win another one and are in the SAME CITY (Not 3 hrs away like the Eagles are) as the Jets.

You are right, but it goes back farther than that.

From the beginning. They were named the Titans in 1960. Because Titans are bigger than Giants. Just in naming the team they had to take a swipe at the Giants.

Early on, it was AFL vs. NFL embodied in the Jets and those original fans embraced the upstart nature (even today they think they are "counter-culture" for being Jets fans). The Giants had gone to 6 championship games in 8 years from 56-63 but fell on hard times as the Jets won their Super Bowl in 1968. But both teams were terrible in the 1970s -- before Parcells, LT, and Simms, but the inferiority complex and hate was already there.

And actually, in 1986, the Giants' finest year in the modern era at 14-2 and their first Super Bowl championship, the Jets actually got more media attention than the Giants during the season. The Jets had that vaunted "Sack Exchange" with Gastineau and rolled into the playoffs as well. Except in overtime against Cleveland in the playoffs, Gastineau committed a stupid personal foul that kept Cleveland's drive alive and they won the game off it. Same old Jets.

SweetZombieJesus
02-01-2012, 06:50 AM
I'm a born and raised NYer, like most of you and I dont care about any teams outside of the Eagles (father played for them), Islanders (Rep the LI baby) and Rutgers (alma mater) so you are not hurting my feelings, trust me. And I said, excluding the Yankees, who are ridiculously storied. If you included them in every debate, there would be no debate. They have 27 titles. Thats bringing a gun to a fistfight.

Cool, Bread!!!

Do you want to say who? Or at least position and ballpark era?

SweetZombieJesus
02-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Messier, Richter, Leetch, and Gooden are icons. If Gooden weren't a coke head and his drug use hadn't destroyed his career, we would be putting him in the all time great category. He was the best pitcher in baseball for about 7 years. Hell the New Jersey devils are essentially a NYC team. Throw in Brodeur and Scott Stevens

Charles Oakley
Willis Reed
Earl Monroe
Walt Frazier
Bill Bradley
Darryl Strawberry (another coke head)
Tom Seaver
YA Tittle
Frank Gifford
Sam Huff
Joe Namath
Harry Carson

Mark Bavaro
Jackie Robinson
Duke Snider

There's just so many I'll stop here.

And note we're not including coaches in the discussion, so many to add in there too.

jerseyrattler
02-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Anyone over the Eagles.</P>

</P>

Except the Cowboys</P>