PDA

View Full Version : I am not going to lie I am nervous

PhilaGiant83
01-30-2012, 07:57 PM
I have to ask you guys, what was this place like around 07-08? I didn't come here until at least the summer of 2009. Now I get to watch the Giants in a second superbowl in 4 years. Yet again against the same team they beat 4 years ago. We've been doing a ton of talking this week. Which kind of bothers me because it might motivate the Patriots. I sure hope we can pull out a victory!

bLuereverie
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm anxious for the game to start. I'll get to nervous about the outcome when it actually does commence.

Rudyy
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
What exactly is "a lot of talking"?

Razur
01-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Look...we have faith that at this point. Our Boyz GOT THE MESSAGE...from TC...they got their heads into the game..and know full well what they are here to do...One more game to win..this season isnt over until this game is done.. Man...they went 5 straight ROAD games into opponents houses and won !!! Not too many teams can do that !!! They are ready, and WILL show up...The Patriots are not a push over, in any sense, but they are arrogant, and that same arrogance played into our hands last SBm and will fuel us again...They THINK this title is :rightfully theirs, that a 13-3 season automatically trumps a 9-7 entry, and the Giants do NOT deserve to be here...well...we say different! Go Giants !

Breezely
01-30-2012, 08:26 PM
WooooWeee!!!!!!!! You should have seen these boards during the last Superbowl run! When Plax said that the Pats will only score 17 points. There were some calling him dumb for doing that but overall its the same. These boards have some people who panic but the overall vibe is positive and sharing point of views.

I am nervous too. However, I know if the Giants are on their game they will pull it out.

Manning4MVP
01-30-2012, 08:28 PM
I am nervous as well. It's football.. any given Sunday anything can happen.

That said, many around here think it's in the bag. IMO, it will be much closer than that.

Pksoze
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm nervous as well as a fan. As a Giants fan I've experienced how it is on winning and losing this game. But it's out of my hands. Hopefully, we can give a good effort and win. I honestly think we have the better team. i hope that translates into victory.

ralphpal
01-30-2012, 08:33 PM
The difference is when the Giants lost that year they really didnt have a great team . After the 1st 10 mintues you knew they didnt have a chance . I dont think before the game you thought they had a chance . This time it would hurt much more because you know God willing they have a great chance to win this game

Mr. Zolo
01-30-2012, 08:38 PM
As the game gets closer and closer, I too am getting nervous. With everything I'm hearing about the Pats (out for revenge, Gronk's injury, Brady/Belicheck), it just gets me second guessing. I still got faith in the Giants though.

Razur
01-30-2012, 08:42 PM
The difference is when the Giants lost that year they really didnt have a great team . After the 1st 10 mintues you knew they didnt have a chance . I dont think before the game you thought they had a chance . This time it would hurt much more because you know God willing they have a great chance to win this game

Not a chance eh? Well that smacks of NE arrogance ....and this is exactly what the Giants and their fans love beating most...I only hope this time we beat you to a pulp, so badly that it crushes all hope that you will EVER see another SB...no mercy on NE..none.

Patton 20
01-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Prior to a big game like this you should be nervous but confident the team will stay on point and continue to play lights out.
After watching this team in all of the Super Bowl games over the years I say just enjoy the ride, and "Keep The faith'

"20"

NY_Eli
01-30-2012, 08:43 PM
The giants look focused and ready to go. I think it will be a close game, but this team has fared well in those this season. I believe!

GameTime
01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
As the game gets closer and closer, I too am getting nervous. With everything I'm hearing about the Pats (out for revenge, Gronk's injury, Brady/Belicheck), it just gets me second guessing. I still got faith in the Giants though.</P>

Nothing to second guess. As a Giants fan you should be concerned with Brady, Beliceck, and Gronkowski. This game is going to bea tough game IMO.</P>

giantsfan420
01-30-2012, 08:44 PM
eh, only thing im nervous about is if the team starts slow. i fully expect a win and actually, fully expect somewhat of a comfortable win. a 10/14 point margin.

i have absolutely no doubt eli is going to play about as good as any qb on the superbowl stage ever. and i know the DL is going to bring the pressure. kind of hard to lose when ur team can do that.

PhilaGiant83
01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Remember we got blown out by New Orleans whom are similar to the Patriots. Man it gets worse each day!

Razur
01-30-2012, 08:48 PM
As the game gets closer and closer, I too am getting nervous. With everything I'm hearing about the Pats (out for revenge, Gronk's injury, Brady/Belicheck), it just gets me second guessing. I still got faith in the Giants though.

Revenge...more like atonement for blowing a "perfect season"...hahaha that ONE SB game wiped out that all away..just a 18- 1 record....nothing more LOL

jomo
01-30-2012, 08:50 PM
I have to ask you guys, what was this place like around 07-08? I didn't come here until at least the summer of 2009. Now I get to watch the Giants in a second superbowl in 4 years. Yet again against the same team they beat 4 years ago. We've been doing a ton of talking this week. Which kind of bothers me because it might motivate the Patriots. I sure hope we can pull out a victory!This has a totally different feel than '07. We are definitely more confident this year than back then . However, we've been this way since the Jets game and it hasn't affected us in the least. In fact, it seems to have us playing loose and totally locked in. We'll be good. Go Blue!!

Razur
01-30-2012, 08:51 PM

I think NE is actually much more worried about this game than the last SB...I mean God willing the Giants win..Dear god...that would mean...NE is on the path of no return no repeat..because surely not even they could suffer losing in front of whole world to the Giants again, and ever be able to make it back to the top...nope...it will surely kill all hopes...wow...OH WELL ...GO GIANTS

Pksoze
01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Remember we got blown out by New Orleans whom are similar to the Patriots. Man it gets worse each day!

The Patriots are a tough opponent but their offense is not as good as the Packers, let alone the Saints in the Superdome. The Saints have maulers on the O-line and have a vertical passing game. They also have a superior running game to NE. The Patriots are nowhere near the matchup nightmare the Saints are.

JMFP2
01-30-2012, 08:57 PM
I am nervous as well. It's football.. any given Sunday anything can happen.

That said, many around here think it's in the bag. IMO, it will be much closer than that.
</P>

Exactly. </P>

I think the margin has definitely narrowed since the SB42....the Patriots looked invincible up until that point.</P>

Still though, the Patriots are a very talented team, coached by one of the all-time greats. I'm not resting easy at all.</P>

Breezely
01-30-2012, 09:06 PM
The giants look focused and ready to go. I think it will be a close game, but this team has fared well in those this season. I believe!

Great sig, dude!!!!! Great sig!

BigBlue1971
01-30-2012, 09:22 PM
I have to ask you guys, what was this place like around 07-08? I didn't come here until at least the summer of 2009. Now I get to watch the Giants in a second superbowl in 4 years. Yet again against the same team they beat 4 years ago. We've been doing a ton of talking this week. Which kind of bothers me because it might motivate the Patriots. I sure hope we can pull out a victory!</P>

</P>

i dont get nervous until Gametime! before that like nowi just want to get started! </P>

i listen to all the analysts and hype but i got my own ideas!</P>

i dont think the Giants said anything out of line!</P>

FBomb
01-30-2012, 09:23 PM
If you're not at least a little anxious, you haven't been a Giants fan for very long.

kbusch22
01-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I only have a feeling of nervousness because it's the Patriots and while a win by them will never erase 18-1, it will still mean a lot for Brady and Belicheck's legacy. I don't think they've ever lost 3 in a row together so it's natural to feel a little reserved.</P>

Also doesn't hurt that I know if the Pats win I will have to listen to my Pats fan friend rub my nose in it for a year. Hopefully we can shut him up. Go Big Blue!</P>

Gmanric
01-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Amen to that. Forgive me for sounding like a broken record, but I firmly believe that these four keys are ABSOLUTELY PARAMOUNT for the Giants to emerge victorious on Sunday:

1. RUN THE BALL. By doing this, the Giants will be able to control the clock, keep their defense rested, and keep Tom Brady off the field.

2. DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER. In my opinion, this is the main reason why the Giants (not the 49ers or Saints) are in the Super Bowl this year. Remember: the Saints turned the ball over FIVE TIMES against the 49ers in the divisional playoff game on January 14. The muffed punt by the 49ers in the fourth quarter of the NFC title game was a HUGE MOMENTUM TURNER for the Giants.

3. PUT CONSISTENT PRESSURE ON BRADY -- ESPECIALLY FROM THE DEFENSIVE LINE.
Like Justin Tuck said earlier, if you keep giving Brady time, he'll light up your defense for 500 yards.

4. MINIMIZE PENALTIES -- ESPECIALLY MENTAL PENALTIES (i.e. false starts, illegal formations, offsides, etc.)

5. DON'T GIVE UP THE BIG PLAY. OK, I know the Patriots don't have Randy Moss anymore, but mark my words: Belichick and Brady always finds ways to make big plays with the receivers they have.

NY_Eli
01-30-2012, 10:01 PM

Great sig, dude!!!!! Great sig!

Thanks man. Once I saw the pic I fell in love with it.

gumby742
01-30-2012, 10:09 PM
i get nervous whenever us fans think "we're going to win". Then i get flashbacks from the browns game in 2008.

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 10:12 PM
i get nervous whenever us fans think "we're going to win". Then i get flashbacks from the browns game in 2008.

the MNF game where that scrub Derek Anderson threw for like 400 yards?

I seriously broke my cell phone that night. Threw it at a wall.

tikiandphil
01-30-2012, 10:21 PM

Not a chance eh? Well that smacks of NE arrogance ....and this is exactly what the Giants and their fans love beating most...I only hope this time we beat you to a pulp, so badly that it
crushes all hope that you will EVER see another SB...no mercy
on NE..none.

NOW WE'RE TALKING !!!!!

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 10:26 PM
I joined the boards soon after the Giants won SB 42, and wish that I had joined sooner (never had thought about it before that).

I'm not a homer and try to look at every objectively, but I just have a very very very strong suspicion that the Giants are not just going to win this game, but blow NE's doors off. Sounds crazy because NE never gets their doors blown off, but I just believe that is what's going to happen.

I don't think the Giants are talking smack -- they're just extremely confident, and they should be.

swimeasy
01-30-2012, 10:32 PM
If you're not at least a little anxious, you haven't been a Giants fan for very long.

LOL, well said FBomb!