PDA

View Full Version : My man Kareem McKenzie

MikeSherrard
01-30-2012, 10:05 PM
This guy is rock solid! I hope they resign him he has been consistently above average for years. His best attribute, is you never hear his name!

Giants10EM
01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
This guy is rock solid!* I hope they resign him he has been consistently above average for years.* His best attribute, is you never hear his name!

He is pretty consistent but he got OWNED against the niners. He's one of the biggest reason Eli was on his back constantly.

Denaliman316
01-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Lately I agree and I hope it keeps up.

I am still mad at him for whiffing on Jason Babin when we driving in that Eagles game at Giants Stadium. If McKenzie makes that block Eli throws a TD and we win that game in OT.

Everyone got owned by the SF D-Line all year.

jomo
01-30-2012, 10:15 PM
This guy is rock solid! I hope they resign him he has been consistently above average for years. His best attribute, is you never hear his name!
He is pretty consistent but he got OWNED against the niners. He's one of the biggest reason Eli was on his back constantly.If we can keep him as a cheap back-up, ok. Otherwise, upgrade.

calzonesays
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
He is pretty consistent but he got OWNED against the niners. He's one of the biggest reason Eli was on his back constantly.

Baas got owned by the 49ers too, hell the whole line did.

slipknottin
01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Would like to see McKenzie back for at least one more season.

miked1958
01-30-2012, 11:12 PM

They both need to step it up vs Pats

DragonSoul
01-30-2012, 11:14 PM
he needs to be replaced or resign for less & be a backup.

netplus
01-30-2012, 11:37 PM
His play has significantly declined this year. At age 33 I doubt he is resigned. </P>

McKenzie stats for 16 regular season games:</P>

2010 stats: 2 QB sacks, 5 QB hits, 21 QB pressures</P>

2011 stats:6 QB sacks, 6 QB hits, 47 QB pressures</P>

Tackle is a must upgrade this offseason.</P>

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 11:40 PM
He is without a doubt one of the best FA signings the Giants ever made...and he came from the Jets, to boot.

Still, I hope that there's a tackle in the draft that we like a lot. I'm not saying it's got to be in the 1st round, but someone who could start by 2013 because it is time to start finding McKenzie's replacement.

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 11:41 PM

Yeah, that was just a vicious D, but the o-line as a whole needs to be improved.

JMFP2
01-30-2012, 11:45 PM
He is without a doubt one of the best FA signings the Giants ever made...and he came from the Jets, to boot. Still, I hope that there's a tackle in the draft that we like a lot. I'm not saying it's got to be in the 1st round, but someone who could start by 2013 because it is time to start finding McKenzie's replacement.</P>

Yeah, it's pretty important for the Giants to nail a offensive lineman in the early rounds....preferably, someone who is versatile enough to play multiple positions.</P>

I think Beatty is going to come back strong, and I hope we get a couple guys back next season....but McKenzie is nearing the end of his career.</P>

I agree though, he's been steady. Even the best linemen get beat now and then.</P>

Martyr
01-30-2012, 11:48 PM
I also think we need him another season, the Giants line is pretty thin. At least he does well and knows the offense

bearbryant
01-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Another year? Yeh, for the right price. Mac is no longer the OT he was at one time. Maybe he stays as an uncle Kareem to mentor a youngin. Thats about it. Time to upgrade

GMenNY21
01-31-2012, 12:11 AM
I think KMac needs to be replaced... I hope we sign though, just for depth

ELIteManning
01-31-2012, 12:20 AM
It is amazing a difference one year makes. Last year I thought he had a fantastic year... one of the, if not thee best I have ever seen him play. Unfortunately this year has been just the opposite. It is time for a replacement. Im open to bringing him back for depth depending on what we get for a replacement. As mentioned before, it has to come at the right price.

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 12:32 AM
It is amazing a difference one year makes. Last year I thought he had a fantastic year... one of the, if not thee best I have ever seen him play. Unfortunately this year has been just the opposite. It is time for a replacement. Im open to bringing him back for depth depending on what we get for a replacement. As mentioned before, it has to come at the right price.
Yeah, and I wish that we had started addressing the o-line more seriously two years ago instead of waiting for guys to hit their "old" point. We've got a great QB and I'm worried that the next few years are going to be years of flux on the o-line with question marks and a poor running game.

Eli is probably past the halfway mark on his career. I don't want to see wasted opportunities because of o-line problems when we've got such a great receiving corp. You need a running game to go with it, too. You're not going to make the SB too often with the poor run production that we had this year.

Call me greedy, but I want a top 5 o-line.