PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Mark H will be active for SB?

miked1958
01-30-2012, 11:36 PM
He said today he feels blessed because 2 years ago he was getting Cancer treatments. Now he is getting off a plane for the SB..

If he is active they have to drop someone else.

Also do we keep JJ on active roster? Has he helped on STs? Not that I know of. Do we maybe activate Scott or Barden instead?

Martyr
01-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Well see, I would think the Giants are pretty happy with the Lb's playing right now. IMO he hurt his chances by being injuried so long to make it on the active roster.

miked1958
01-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Well see, I would think the Giants are pretty happy with the Lb's playing right now. IMO he hurt his chances by being injuried so long to make it on the active roster.
True. His chance will come next season as will D. Scott's

kbusch22
01-30-2012, 11:52 PM
The inactives for the playoffs been the same for each game I think: Scott, Barden, Brewer, Cordle, Kennedy, Trattou, Herzlich</P>

I don't think they're going to change anything. If Herzlich did play, I think Paysinger would be the odd man out and I'm not sure if Coughlin would do that. If Mark does get to play though, I think he's destined for a big play on special teams.</P>

JJC7301
01-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I don't see why because they've been playing so well. I have hope for Herz in the future, possibly, but he certainly hasn't done anything to make room for him on the roster in the SB.

Martyr
01-30-2012, 11:55 PM
The inactives for the playoffs been the same for each game I think: Scott, Barden, Brewer, Cordle, Kennedy, Trattou, Herzlich</P>

I don't think they're going to change anything. If Herzlich did play, I think Paysinger would be the odd man out and I'm not sure if Coughlin would do that. If Mark does get to play though, I think he's destined for a big play on special teams.</P>

</P>

I think Herzillah will turn intoa good ST's player, maybe something more in the future but he needs to stay healthy and show everyone what he can do.</P>

Easy-Duz-It
01-31-2012, 12:07 AM
i was under the impression that herzlich was a go for sure.

guess not. seems like the consensus. i thought he was suiting up. he's been practicing. and his tweet today made it seem like he would actually be playing in the game.

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 12:12 AM

guess not. seems like the consensus. i thought he was suiting up. he's been practicing. and his tweet today made it seem like he would actually be playing in the game.

id actually be surprised if greg jones get activated over mark h. greg jones may be superior physically but coughlin loves those mentally tough guys and on super sunday those are the guys u want on the field.
i mean greg jones was activated after herz went down, and i can remember maybe 2 plays he was on defense so i expect mark to be activated.

Martyr
01-31-2012, 12:25 AM

id actually be surprised if greg jones get activated over mark h. greg jones may be superior physically but coughlin loves those mentally tough guys and on super sunday those are the guys u want on the field.
i mean greg jones was activated after herz went down, and i can remember maybe 2 plays he was on defense so i expect mark to be activated.

Greg Jones hasn't done much this year but he did show up for the 49ers game. He had some nice ST's tackles vs the 49ers

fourth&forever
01-31-2012, 01:02 AM

Glad to hear he's ready to go. Doesn't mean he'll get the call though. But I hope he does. I thought he was making an impact on kick coverage earlier in the season.

miked1958
01-31-2012, 01:14 AM

Yes. His Tweet was why I made the thread

calzonesays
01-31-2012, 01:29 AM
i like herzlich. he's a great story and an inspiration. but I just don't think he's ready for the bright lights just yet. he has a future but right now you gotta roll with the guys who got you there.

slipknottin
01-31-2012, 02:17 AM
Greg Jones has been really good on STs lately.

Dont think you change up whats working.

nYg24
01-31-2012, 03:03 AM
He said today he feels blessed because 2 years ago he was getting Cancer treatments. Now he is getting off a plane for the SB..

If he is active they have to drop someone else.

Also do we keep JJ on active roster? Has he helped on STs? Not that I know of. Do we maybe activate Scott or Barden instead?

I doubt he's active. He's been out a while. JJ has been our kick returner for the last couple of weeks, how havent you noticed that? ahah.