PDA

View Full Version : Could 85 be the Pats secret weapon if Gronk isn't 100%?

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 12:56 AM
Ochocinco has done diddly for the Pats this season, but he did have a 4 year span of 1000 yards and 80+receptions from 2003 to 2007. He isn't the same player he was on the Bengals, and never seemed to fully get NE's playbook...but if Gronk can't make the impact NE has depended on all season, could BB gameplan Chad to makeup for the void?

Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.

suzyq
01-31-2012, 05:50 AM
i was joking with my husband yesterday that Ochostinko is going to make some big plays in the SB. He has not done crap for the Pats this year.

bLuereverie
01-31-2012, 06:17 AM
That was 03-07. It's 2012.

Gronk's void doesn't lie solely in pass catching. He's put hits on some of the biggest defenders in the league.

Firenugget
01-31-2012, 06:51 AM
Ocho is their secret idiot. That's about it.

bLuereverie
01-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Ocho is their secret idiot. That's about it.

Secret?

bandwgn86
01-31-2012, 07:28 AM
Ochocinco has done diddly for the Pats this season, but he did have a 4 year span of 1000 yards and 80+receptions from 2003 to 2007. He isn't the same player he was on the Bengals, and never seemed to fully get NE's playbook...but if Gronk can't make the impact NE has depended on all season, could BB gameplan Chad to makeup for the void?

Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.no mistake, He was traded for 2 6 round picks (2012 and 2013). was worth a shot.

There's probable not a lot of tape of Brady and Chad for Fewell to go over and prepare. Welker is still the man to watch.

Sundays not coming fast enough

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 08:40 AM

Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.

I'd be more worried about Deon Branch. He's been unreliable this year but has been their stretch guy (successfully) in the past.

GMENAGAIN
01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Hard to imagine him suddenly coming alive in this game, but I suppose that it is possible.</P>

If the Giants have shut down all of Brady's other options so well that he has to go to Johnson, I'll take that any day . . . . . </P>

GameTime
01-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Ochocinco has done diddly for the Pats this season, but he did have a 4 year span of 1000 yards and 80+receptions from 2003 to 2007. He isn't the same player he was on the Bengals, and never seemed to fully get NE's playbook...but if Gronk can't make the impact NE has depended on all season, could BB gameplan Chad to makeup for the void? Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.</P>

How is Johnson a mistake. The Pats are 15-3 and in the SB. He may not have given them production but a mistake??? Nah. </P>

Of course he could come up big but that would entail Brady having confidence in him and I think thats the real issue. You mya see some deep throws to him though since he is their only real deep threat. </P>

</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Ochocinco has done diddly for the Pats this season, but he did have a 4 year span of 1000 yards and 80+receptions from 2003 to 2007. He isn't the same player he was on the Bengals, and never seemed to fully get NE's playbook...but if Gronk can't make the impact NE has depended on all season, could BB gameplan Chad to makeup for the void? Just saying, do you guys think Fewell has spent some time focusing on the possibility Chad could be used? They tried to get him involved week 9, maybe they'll try again in the SB. And we all know BB likes to make it clear he can do no wrong, and so far Chad seems like a clear mistake. Just hope that Fewell has crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's and leaves no stone unturned and is prepared for anything NE may do.</P>

How is Johnson a mistake. The Pats are 15-3 and in the SB. He may not have given them production but a mistake??? Nah. </P>

Of course he could come up big but that would entail Brady having confidence in him and I think thats the real issue. You mya see some deep throws to him though since he is their only real deep threat. </P>

</P>

</P>

Look at what they paid him this year versus his production . . . he is a mistake (barring, of course, a great SB performance).</P>

</P>

GameTime
01-31-2012, 10:51 AM

</P>

</P>

Look at what they paid him this year versus his production . . . he is a mistake (barring, of course, a great SB performance).</P>

</P>

I wanst thinking the money aspect I was pointing more towards how much of a factor he was or actually wasnt. They didnt skip a beat and are in the SB...</P>

3 mil for 15 receptions....thats a bargin....just ask Chad I am sure he will agree....lol</P>

</P>

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 10:55 AM

*</P>

This .... they'll still throw to him or Branch on the GO routes just to keep us from playing a crowded zone.

If they come remotely close to connecting on the vertical passes, Ocho/Branch will have done their jobs.

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 10:55 AM

*</P>

</P>

</P>

*I wanst thinking *the money aspect I was pointing more towards how much of a factor he was or actually wasnt. They didnt skip a beat and are in the SB...</P>

3 mil for 15 receptions....thats a bargin....just ask Chad I am sure he will agree....lol</P>

*</P>

Chad might be the greatest capitalist of all time.

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM

*</P>

</P>

</P>

*I wanst thinking *the money aspect I was pointing more towards how much of a factor he was or actually wasnt. They didnt skip a beat and are in the SB...</P>

*</P>

So just because their in the Super Bowl it means they did everything right and made no mistakes?

burier
01-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Is Ocho going to be activated?

If so I'd we better keep an eye on him.

But I'm not really worried

Joe Morrison
01-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Is Ocho going to be activated? If so I'd we better keep an eye on him. But I'm not really worried</P>

Yup, you got it, they have been saving him for the Super Bowl!</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 11:37 AM

didn't see this thread... i completely agree

Ocho being infused in the offense this week with Gronk handicapped, while he dad just died last week - i completely see BB trying to get him involved.

MikeIsaGiant
01-31-2012, 01:31 PM
What's with everyone on the Ocho bandwagon? He's played horrible all year, what makes him a secret weapon all of a sudden

nygsb42champs
01-31-2012, 01:36 PM
That has been mentioned in several places. They think they could use him to strectch the field. I would be surprised considering that he has done nothing all year.

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 02:00 PM
What's with everyone on the Ocho bandwagon? He's played horrible all year, what makes him a secret weapon all of a sudden

I have no idea. I think people just believe that when no one is expecting something, that means it's going to happen. I doubt he even sees the field all that much, unless Gronk is out and they are forced to abandon 2TE sets.

GameTime
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM

</P>

This .... they'll still throw to him or Branch on the GO routes just to keep us from playing a crowded zone. If they come remotely close to connecting on the vertical passes, <FONT color=#000080 size=4>Ocho/Branch will have done their jobs</FONT>.</P>

not really...ANY WR on a go route will get attention. Neither Johnson or Branch will draw double coverage. One on one...... unless either of them get hot. </P>