PDA

View Full Version : what would have happened if Hixon never got hurt?

calzonesays
01-31-2012, 02:19 AM
Would Victor Cruz get a full opportunity if it wasn't for Hixon getting hurt? Would we be where we are now?

nyknstill!
01-31-2012, 05:01 AM
honestly the rumor is the only reason he stayed was b/c Gilbride still believed in him. Hixon would have been healthy, the Jets or Cowboys would have picked him up. The Jets were said to be interested, I think Ryan fell in love w/ him as a player. But Hixon would've have been # 3 slot w/ Mario #2 and Nicks #1. I think Cruz would have unfortunately been cut.

yoeddy
01-31-2012, 05:12 AM
honestly the rumor is the only reason he stayed was b/c Gilbride still believed in him. Hixon would have been healthy, the Jets or Cowboys would have picked him up. The Jets were said to be interested, I think Ryan fell in love w/ him as a player. But Hixon would've have been # 3 slot w/ Mario #2 and Nicks #1. I think Cruz would have unfortunately been cut.

Hixon didn't get hurt until after the regular season had started...Cruz was on the team.

nyknstill!
01-31-2012, 05:25 AM
Hixon got hurt vs the Rams. Cruz was low on the depth chart. They had Barden, Jernigans and I can't remember who else. All I know is the Giants reached out to Stokely before Cruz, that wasn't endorsing Cruz's spot.

bLuereverie
01-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Cruz would not have been cut. Even if Hixon was healthy and Steve Smith was resigned.

I don't think Cruz would have had anywhere near the season he's had this year, but I believe he would have cracked the starting lineup maybe midseason. Some gems just shine too bright to not be noticed.

Firenugget
01-31-2012, 06:21 AM
Who knows...He looked pretty good until that awesome TD grab did him in. I think Cruz would have worked his way in at some point during the year but it definitely wouldn't be the same. Things happen for a reason I suppose.

bLuereverie
01-31-2012, 06:22 AM
Hixon got hurt vs the Rams. Cruz was low on the depth chart. They had Barden, Jernigans and I can't remember who else. All I know is the Giants reached out to Stokely before Cruz, that wasn't endorsing Cruz's spot.

While Hixon was ahead of Cruz on the depth chart, they were splitting third receiver reps between the two. Safe to say at that point, he was ahead of Barden and Jernigan.

miked1958
01-31-2012, 06:48 AM

Hixon didn't get hurt until after the regular season had started...Cruz was on the team.
He for hurt in that Rams game on that Circus Catch. Cruz was doing okay then but had not totally come into his own yet

miked1958
01-31-2012, 06:51 AM
Would Victor Cruz get a full opportunity if it wasn't for Hixon getting hurt? Would we be where we are now?

I think Cruz would have eventually emerged and we would have had Hixon as mainly kickoff and punts only. Which would have really helped our STs and field position.

Devin has contributed some as a WR. But would not have in 4 WR sets.....

But would of been nice to have Hixon though right now