PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Nervous?

giants2thebowl
01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
This wait is agonizing...

nygsb42champs
01-31-2012, 12:03 PM
I think all Giant fans have a nervous excitement about them.

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Not nervous. Just want to get it done.

burier
01-31-2012, 12:14 PM
anxious to feel the thrill of victory.

I'd have to be locked up for two weeks to go by any slower.

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
This wait is agonizing...

Nah we're gonna blow their doors off.

In the immortal words of Bart Scott ... "CAN'T WAIT!"

Seducer
01-31-2012, 12:15 PM
It's awful. I just want to leave work and sit at home and watch whatever superbowl coverage is available.</P>

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 12:20 PM
It's awful.* I just want to leave work and sit at home and watch whatever superbowl coverage is available.</P>

Seriously.

Who was the momo that thought two weeks until the Super Bowl was a good idea?

Worst crime against humanity since Prohibition.

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 12:21 PM
So jacked up!! Cant wait</P>

Joe Morrison
01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Whats to be nervous about?</P>

TC vs BB, we all know that BB learned from TC as a kid.</P>

We all know that the GMEN are more talented across the board the the PATS.</P>

It will be a great game and the team that wins the turnover battle wins, is quite simple.</P>

And we all know that defense wins Super Bowls and the Giants defense is by far the better defense in this game.</P>

Blow out, I don't think so but the GMEN and ELI take home the hardware!</P>

GO GIANTS</P>

Roosevelt
01-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Oh yeah I'm nervous. I don't know why, but I am.

I'm uncomfortable with everyone picking the Giants to win. That's something I haven't adjusted to.

G-Man67
01-31-2012, 12:41 PM
gotta be nervous ... it is such a huge opportunity and such a rare opportunity and the game could easily be decided by how the ball bounces, similar to how the Championship Game was decided

i'm not surprised by the confidence, but i am a little surprised by the over-confidence ... fans seem to go to extremes ... 1st they are like, well let's just lose our games and get new coaches and higher picks, then those same fans turn around and start going there is no way we lose to 1st ballot HOFers, BB and Tom Brady

this game will be determined on a handful of big plays as most NFL games are ... im just hoping and praying most of those big plays go our way

kbusch22
01-31-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm definitely nervous. The Patriots on their own sort of "redemption" tour through the playoffs...Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff basically stamped their tickets for them. How often do you see a team get 2 lucky breaks in a row like that NOT take advantage of it?</P>

Plus everybody's picking us and the Pats are just using all of that as bulletin board material. Usually it's the other way around. I just really want the game to get here. The nerves will fade away a bitif we can get off to an early lead.</P>

pj18
01-31-2012, 01:18 PM
I haven't been able to sleep this entire playoff run.

Denaliman316
01-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Oh yeah I'm nervous.* I don't know why, but I am.

I'm uncomfortable with everyone picking the Giants to win.* That's something I haven't adjusted to.*

Really? The only unanimous I have seen is CBS sports. 1 out of 3 picked us on yahoo picks and Boomer Esiasion picked us. Yahoo users picked them. I think I saw the dude with the beard from The Steelers pick us. On and SI.Not sure what the polls said on ESPN or CBS because I don't make predictions.

Who else picked us?

bgblucru5656
01-31-2012, 01:54 PM
'ive been a giants fan for 41 years now and have recently moved to the steeler nation area. guess what? they are hating me, but loving the giants. everyone wants to see brady hurt in the 1st quarter. the biggest thing they've hated so far is my yelling and screaming out the door during the playoffs everytime the giants score. nervous? no. antsy? hell yeah. i'm ready for kickoff

G-Man67
01-31-2012, 02:19 PM
anxious to feel the thrill of victory.

I'd have to be locked up for two weeks to go by any slower.

i don't mind the wait at all ... we're the champs right now and people are drooling over our team ... i put a sports show on whenever possible and just hear about how great my QB is, how great my pass rush is ... i'm basking in the glory

imagine if the Super Bowl had been this past Sunday and we lost a heartbreaker ... there would be no more talk of the Giants ... we would be just 1 of 31 teams that lost this year

plus, we were pretty beat up after SF, so the rest is not a bad thing and even though the Gronk injury is getting all the attention ... with his type of injury the time-off won't help at all ... he won't truly heal until weeks after his surgery ... whereas, Bradshaw, Nicks, Webster, Osi, Tuck, etc. should all benefit from the extra time

jhamburg
02-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Had a nightmare last night that the Giants lost the SB.

But since it was a 9-7 loss, and it was to the Pittsburgh Steelers, I'm pretty sure it won't come true.

trenken311
02-01-2012, 12:54 PM
This wait is agonizing...</P>

VERY nervous. Because I know their D is now nearly as bad as it was during the season, similar to ours. And they have plenty of weapons on offense. Branch, Ochocino, Hernandez, Welker, Green-Ellis, and Gronk, who may not be 100% healthy, but should still be able to play, and make some plays.</P>

Not to mention Brady, who has played in 4 SBs!

A couple critical mistakes by us is all it takes to change everything. A fumble by Bradshaw who likes to do that sometimes, a tipped ball for an INT or another bonehead Eli play throwing off his back foot while falling for an INT.</P>

GMen869007
02-01-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm a bit nervous. I really like our chances to win, but this seems like reverse Karma. Like, in '07 the karma was against the overconfident Patriots who could do no wrong, and we went in there and shocked the world. Since then, I've had bragging rights over their fanbase for the past 4 years and many of us have exercised those rights quite frequently. Now, we're the confident team going in there and they're looking for revenge. If we were to lose, it'd kind of remove some of that glow from the '07 highlights when I watch them, because the footnote "The Patriots did however get their revenge in a rematch 4 years later" would forever be attached.

BigBlue1971
02-01-2012, 01:19 PM
nervous? not yet, Sunday bout an hour before game time im getting nervous!</P>

right now all the tv analysts and commentators are keeping me medium!</P>

but i am anxious tho!</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:20 PM
as my coach use to say: "If you don't have the butterflies in your stomach, then you need to check your pulse"

egyptian420
02-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep Saturday night....if I do, the second I wake up on Sunday it's going to be a veeeery nerve racking day up until 10pm

bflo23
02-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Nah we're gonna blow their doors off.

This is coming from the guy who predicted 42-10 Patriots win in the Super Bowl because you think the Patriots are the greatest organization in nfl history with the greatest coach and the greatest QB.

YOUR patriots aren't gonna blow the doors off.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:51 PM
*Nah we're gonna blow their doors off.

This is coming from the guy who predicted 42-10 Patriots win in the Super Bowl because you think the Patriots are the greatest organization in nfl history with the greatest coach and the greatest QB.

YOUR patriots aren't gonna blow the doors off.

Quiet nubcakes ... bandwagon fan board that way -------------->

bflo23
02-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Tell us again about your 42-10 Patriots win and how amazing the Patriots organization is.