PDA

View Full Version : I am eating massive crow !!

sheepdip
01-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Regardless of the outcome in the SB I am here to eat massive crow. I have and always been on these coaches yet were in the SB. So I am the dumb one here. I am a fan just like all of you I am just a pessimist and I always see the bad things. I still question Killdrive and even TC's game management skills but 1 thing I cant question is the fact they took the Newyorkgiants team to the superbowl. That doesnt take luck to get there. We beat Atl, won in GB and in 49ers to go for the SB. I have been begging for coaching changes for the last couple of years and maybe now I will shut u p about it. I never saw this coming either, we were 6-2 or whatever and looked to be collapsing again. I know a lot of you were thinking what I was too but maybe just didnt say it. Anyways I am eating massive crow right now and just beating the Falcons was joy for me and the rest has just been gravy. Had they played like this all season win or loose I probably wouldnt have gone off on the coaches. Ya right.

I will also give all the coaches credit for overcoming all the injuries

- T T 1 of my favs on the team and was a great tackler and our best all around corner out for year
- Goff who was starting to look like a solid MLB gone for the year
- Johnson our nickle back and probably a guy who would be follwing welker based on his size etc gone for the year.

The list goes on and on but the coaches maintained things and got us into the playoffs. There have been some amazing contributions from some players that also allowed for this to happen. Cruz, JPP etc.

Anyways
Go big blue win or loose.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 01:31 PM
its those red pot leafs you canucks smoke, they make u all crazy like

and then the maple syrup makes you antsy in your pantsy

all ball breaking aside, good stuff eating the crow... we all have things we can eat crow on, few of us do

burier
01-31-2012, 01:44 PM
Regardless of the outcome in the SB I am here to eat massive crow. I have and always been on these coaches yet were in the SB. So I am the dumb one here. I am a fan just like all of you I am just a pessimist and I always see the bad things. I still question Killdrive and even TC's game management skills but 1 thing I cant question is the fact they took the Newyorkgiants team to the superbowl. That doesnt take luck to get there. We beat Atl, won in GB and in 49ers to go for the SB. I have been begging for coaching changes for the last couple of years and maybe now I will shut u p about it. I never saw this coming either, we were 6-2 or whatever and looked to be collapsing again. I know a lot of you were thinking what I was too but maybe just didnt say it. Anyways I am eating massive crow right now and just beating the Falcons was joy for me and the rest has just been gravy. Had they played like this all season win or loose I probably wouldnt have gone off on the coaches. Ya right.

- T T 1 of my favs on the team and was a great tackler and our best all around corner out for year
- Johnson our nickle back and probably a guy who would be follwing welker based on his size etc gone for the year.

The list goes on and on but the coaches maintained things and got us into the playoffs. There have been some amazing contributions from some players that also allowed for this to happen. Cruz, JPP etc.

Anyways

you must be sick of crow by now

Rudyy
01-31-2012, 01:48 PM

Anyways

you must be sick of crow by now Seriously, you've been eating crow all year xD

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 02:12 PM
I ate my Fewell crow after they beat Atlanta. Happy to do it, too.

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 02:17 PM
I ate my Fewell crow after they beat Atlanta.* Happy to do it, too.

Yeah that's been my crow as well. Although I'm still not high on Fewell, if I'm going to kill him for our seive-like secondary, I gotta give him props for this 5 game run ... like night and day with the Defense this year.

Providence
01-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Has anyone else noticed that in all of these "crow eating" threads the poster always has a line in it that says something along the lines of "although I must say, I still question X coach or X player" or "But, in fairness at the time we were losing a lot", etc. etc. ???

That's not eating crow. That's saying you're eating crow and still defending your actions.

People are terrified to simply say, "I was wrong and, all things considered, I really have no idea what I am talking about it when it comes to coaching and/or playing professional football." No one will say it, it's apparently message board suicide.

SweetZombieJesus
01-31-2012, 02:26 PM
All the regulars know the complaints I had with this coaching staff -- to cut to the chase a lot of signs pointing to bad football at the worst times (which are still there, by the way) but we get a 2nd magic run, can't explain it, but I'll take it and get off their backs.

I'll eat the crow and take the magic over the logic.

burier
01-31-2012, 02:39 PM
People are terrified to simply say, "I was wrong and, all things considered, I really have no idea what I am talking about it when it comes to coaching and/or playing professional football." No one will say it, it's apparently message board suicide.

You sir have infringed on my copyright

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 02:43 PM
All the regulars know the complaints I had with this coaching staff -- to cut to the chase a lot of signs pointing to bad football at the worst times (which are still there, by the way) but we get a 2nd magic run, can't explain it, but I'll take it and get off their backs.

I'll eat the crow and take the magic over the logic.

hard to bring up the bad football over the past 5 games...

I mean nobody is perfect and what we let Vernon Davis get away with is scary. But overall you can't say we've been playing bad football

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Has anyone else noticed that in all of these "crow eating" threads the poster always has a line in it that says something along the lines of "although I must say, I still question X coach or X player" or "But, in fairness at the time we were losing a lot", etc. etc. ???

That's not eating crow. That's saying you're eating crow and still defending your actions.

Why would you give away a fundamental truth about message boards like that?!

Next thing you'll be telling us is that it's ok to be wrong.

I don't think I can live with that.

Bohemian
01-31-2012, 02:49 PM
I can't say that I wanted Coughlin or Gilbride to go, but I do admit that Fewell was not on my good books all year. I have to say that the latter part of the year has been quite a turnaround. I have always believed that our inability to run the ball is mainly due to our new look at the OLine, and the adjustment at TE from Boss to Ballard, plus the passing game has been on fire all year. Coughlin is Coughlin, there will be no surprises, and the team with either respond to his ways, or completely hate him. The results over the years speak for themselves.

Fewell has been extremely enigmatic to me, but it has been lately that I have started to understand why there is so much talk around the league about him becoming a head coach one day.

Crow tastes a lot like chicken.

Go Blue!

G-Man67
01-31-2012, 03:10 PM
we should have a pinned CROW thread for people to sign up, but i will admit as a diehard, loyal to a fault fan ... there was a feel that something was wrong during this season

i don't really think about coaches until the season is over and i'm big on continuity, but i can't honestly say how i would have felt at 7-9 ... i mean, we trailed in every single regular season game, except for the last one vs. Dallas ... that's pretty disconcerting ... fortunately guys got healthy and as Tuck has been saying, they started playing as a team

ALL IN baby!!!!

bigjeep
01-31-2012, 04:10 PM

Anyways

I use a a little salt and pepper, crow can be very tasty.

Pakman
01-31-2012, 04:16 PM
I only have one person in mind if we win the Superbowl. I believe he ate crow already but I dont give a ****.

The way he talked about this team after a few losses...I will not let it go. I hate it when I see fans completely give up on a team after a few losses..or even in some cases get some type of satisfaction that they were right about the loss.

The best thing about this Superbowl run is the people who gave up on this team after the Seahawks loss and came on here to proclaim how right they were..are quietly disappointed in themselves..

Wooooo

gumby742
01-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Fewell is still **** in my book.

Giantsin04
01-31-2012, 11:27 PM
I only have one person in mind if we win the Superbowl. I believe he ate crow already but I dont give a ****.

The way he talked about this team after a few losses...I will not let it go. I hate it when I see fans completely give up on a team after a few losses..or even in some cases get some type of satisfaction that they were right about the loss.

The best thing about this Superbowl run is the people who gave up on this team after the Seahawks loss and came on here to proclaim how right they were..are quietly disappointed in themselves..

Wooooo

Who?

Giantsin04
01-31-2012, 11:32 PM
Fewell is still **** in my book.

Why?

JPP
02-01-2012, 12:18 AM
its those red pot leafs you canucks smoke, they make u all crazy like

and then the maple syrup makes you antsy in your pantsy

all ball breaking aside, good stuff eating the crow... we all have things we can eat crow on, few of us do

Nah I think it is just all the pollution in Toronto. ;)