Itlan
01-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Hard to beat a team twice.

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 03:13 PM
The NFC East is 7-1 in the Super Bowl versus the AFC East. </P>

Giants were 4-0 vs the AFC East this season.</P>

*</P>

we're 2-0 vs afce in the SB as well. the only team to lose vs the afce in the SB was the eagles, so that barely counts bc the eagles could have a 50 point handicap in the sb and still lose

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 03:19 PM
another good thing on our favor, this giants team is known for going on 6 game win streaks. it seems like every year this team will go on a 4-6 game winning streak. in 07, won 6 in a row, right now, we've won 5 in a row. i full out expect this trend to continue.

MikeIsaGiant
01-31-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm just nervous because we beat tem in the season and I know the postseason is a different story.. well hence why I'm a bit worried

CTLadyBlue
01-31-2012, 04:18 PM

May I ask for a solid reason why? Or are you just going by past patterms?

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Here's a better stat:

Only twice before has there been a super bowl rematch (49ers/Bengals and Cowboys/Steelers).

In each case, the team that won the first game won the rematch as well.

Every single one of those games, both first and rematch, were close, last possession type of games.

Gonna be a wild ride!

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 04:21 PM
The NFC East is 7-1 in the Super Bowl versus the AFC East. </P>

Giants were 4-0 vs the AFC East this season.</P>

</P>

</P>

And it was the crappy Eagles who kept us from being 8-0 against the AFC East. Can't count on them for anything. ;)</P>

GmenFan1980
01-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Here's a better stat:

Only twice before has there been a super bowl rematch (49ers/Bengals and Cowboys/Steelers).

Every single one of those games, both first and rematch, were close, last possession type of games.

Gonna be a wild ride!

So Dolphins/Redskins and Cowboys/Bills Don't count as rematches?

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 04:35 PM
I agree....just ask GB or SF

That being said, I still think we'll beat the Pats, I just see us as the better team no matter how I look at it. Nevertheless, the better team doesn't always win.....should be a epic match.

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Here's a better stat:

Gonna be a wild ride!

So Dolphins/Redskins and Cowboys/Bills Don't count as rematches?

Wow did I just totally brain fart, you're right!

I don't consider the Fins/Skins a rematch though because it was two totally different teams (decade apart).

The first matchup was the Over the Hill Gang (for the Skins) and the second was Rigg's Pigs (Hogs). Also different coaches (again on the Skins' part).

On the Cowboys/Bills you're right ... both blowouts (but the winning team did sweep).