PDA

View Full Version : Imagine what Steve (Sell out)Smith And Kevin(where did he go)Boss must feel!!

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 02:22 PM
How great is it that with all the losses we had this year were still in the damn Super Bowl!!! What do you think Steve Smith and Kevin Boss are thinking right now?</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 02:23 PM
How great is it that with all the losses we had this year were still in the damn Super Bowl!!! What do you think Steve Smith and Kevin Boss are thinking right now?</p>

boss is probably happy for the giants

he got paid almost twice his value to play for the team he grew up being a fan of

I doubt he has any issues

STeve Smith won't be getting much more money for the rest of his career as it seems - he made the right choice to go for th emoney

time to let it go

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Im happy for Boss. I get Smith wanted money and all power to him, but damn to the Sheagles?? Really?? Just a classless dirty move!! The positive is that without him leaving we would of never have gotten our boy CRUZZZZZZ!!!

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 02:27 PM
Im happy for Boss. I get Smith wanted money and all power to him, but damn to the Sheagles?? Really?? Just a classless dirty move!! The positive is that without him leaving we would of never have gotten our boy CRUZZZZZZ!!!

na, it was the money move. They offered him the most and he took it

it was the smart move

Pakman
01-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Boss is a Giants and I never hated him for his decision.

Smith is burning inside I know it.

Ralph Brown
01-31-2012, 02:32 PM

it was the smart move
</P>

should have taken the giants offer, went on PUP list and salvaged his career. he will never be the player he could be now and that one time pay day with the eagles will not amount to what he could have made if he stayed and played his cards patiently</P>

burier
01-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Both of those guys are kicking themselves.

Think about Boss who got a boat load of cash but likely never be heard from again do to playing the prime of their respective careers with ? at the QB position.

Steve Smith took his money and will now remain invisible for the rest of his career and they both know they could getting ready to win a Superbowl.

Love of money root of all Evil,

bLuereverie
01-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Why think of them?

They earned their rite as free agents to pursue other ventures.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 02:36 PM

it was the smart move
</p>

should have taken the giants offer, went on PUP list and salvaged his career. he will never be the player he could be now and that one time pay day with the eagles will not amount to what he could have made if he stayed and played his cards patiently</p>

no guarantee of that being true either

slightly better shot but there was always that dark cloud over the situation as soon as he had the injury that he may never be right again...

TrueBlue07
01-31-2012, 02:38 PM

it was the smart move

Don't see how it was the smart move. The Eagles told SS what he wanted to hear, not the truth. He took an extra $2M from the Eagles, and their BS story of how he could play this year when he wasn't ready. Had he took a little less, stayed here, recovered the right way he could be in a position to put himself in position to maybe get a big pay day again down the line. Instead he decided to risk a huge pay day down the line for $2M now. Who knows, maybe he recovers and gets his big contract, but his season in Philly was definitely more of a step backwards than his season here could have been.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Both of those guys are kicking themselves.

Think about Boss who got a boat load of cash but likely never be heard from again do to playing the prime of their respective careers with ? at the QB position.

Steve Smith took his money and will now remain invisible for the rest of his career and they both know they could getting ready to win a Superbowl.

Love of money root of all Evil,

he had more concussions this year which will undoubtedly cut short his career eventually...

no questions at QB, they just got Palmer

They got paid... they both made the right moves.

As horrible feeling it was once we lost them to free agency, they made the right choices for themselves.

They would of been morons to sign what we were offering.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 02:41 PM

it was the smart move

Don't see how it was the smart move. The Eagles told SS what he wanted to hear, not the truth. He took an extra $2M from the Eagles, and their BS story of how he could play this year when he wasn't ready. Had he took a little less, stayed here, recovered the right way he could be in a position to put himself in position to maybe get a big pay day again down the line. Instead he decided to risk a huge pay day down the line for $2M now. Who knows, maybe he recovers and gets his big contract, but his season in Philly was definitely more of a step backwards than his season here could have been.

u answered why it was a smart move right after u said u couldn't figure it out

over a million dollars isn't a little less when u ahve the injury u have. You take as much as u can get.

There was no guarantee that he would of been fine sitting on PUP either, your assuming things that you cannot make a legit case for.

Had steve smith came signed wtih us, he would of looked even worse with Cruz emerging the way he did

TrueBlue07
01-31-2012, 02:45 PM

it was the smart move

over a million dollars isn't a little less when u ahve the injury u have. You take as much as u can get.

There was no guarantee that he would of been fine sitting on PUP either, your assuming things that you cannot make a legit case for.

Had steve smith came signed wtih us, he would of looked even worse with Cruz emerging the way he did

if rushing back ruined any chance at a big pay day how was it "smart"? He didn't just go there for the money. The Giants weren't going to let him pay until at least week 6, and clearly that wasn't what he wanted. If he did damage to his knee by rushing back then how was it a smart move? So he went to Philly, took their offer of $2M more and (possibly) threw away a chance a $10M + guaranteed contract in the future.

Unless he knows he is done, it wasn't a smart move when all things are considered.

JJC7301
How great is it that with all the losses we had this year were still in the damn Super Bowl!!! What do you think Steve Smith and Kevin Boss are thinking right now?</P>

he got paid almost twice his value to play for the team he grew up being a fan of

STeve Smith won't be getting much more money for the rest of his career as it seems - he made the right choice to go for th emoney

time to let it go
</P>

+1. I can't blame either of them. SS may never been the same player again (I'm not convinced of that yet) and Boss is a concussion waiting to happen. I can't blame them for taking the bigger salary, especially since they were much bigger, or at least gauranteed, than what the Giants were offering.</P>

SS and Boss were two very good Giants and I'll always wish them the very best. If circumstances are right, I wouldn't even mind SS coming back next year if he's healthy.</P>

Dover Giant
We got three young talented receivers and two dependable if not flashy TE's.
SS + KB got the money we got a chance.
Win / Win

Redeyejedi
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM

it was the smart move

Don't see how it was the smart move. The Eagles told SS what he wanted to hear, not the truth.* He took an extra $2M from the Eagles, and their BS story of how he could play this year when he wasn't ready.* Had he took a little less, stayed here, recovered the right way he could be in a position to put himself in position to maybe get a big pay day again down the line.* Instead he decided to risk a huge pay day down the line for $2M now.* Who knows, maybe he recovers and gets his big contract, but his season in Philly was definitely more of a step backwards than his season here could have been.

What if Steve Smith is never right again then wouldnt taking more money be the smart thing for him and his family.I dont have ill will towards these guys for doing what they need to for there families

G-Man67
01-31-2012, 02:48 PM
yeah i hold nothing against these guys ... they got to put their family 1st ... Boss could be one or two concussions away from retirement and Smith might not recover from his serious leg injury enough to get back to what he was ... it's not like baseball ... NFL careers are short and fragile and it is still hard to get any guaranteed money

MikeIsaGiant
01-31-2012, 02:49 PM
I hope Smith rots...

Boss I don't mind, I hope he does well there

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 02:50 PM

it was the smart move

if rushing back ruined any chance at a big pay day how was it "smart"? He didn't just go there for the money. The Giants weren't going to let him pay until at least week 6, and clearly that wasn't what he wanted. If he did damage to his knee by rushing back then how was it a smart move? So he went to Philly, took their offer of $2M more and (possibly) threw away a chance a $10M + guaranteed contract in the future.

Unless he knows he is done, it wasn't a smart move when all things are considered.

because there was no guarantee that the extra few weeks he was active made a difference on his knee anyway. It wasn't an automatic recovery. He went in and got his money. I don't fault him for that.

and even though he was suited up, he barely played and was always limited in practice. Too much is made of that.

So what if he took more than half pay cut to stay wtih the GIants and still didn't play up, which lets be honest he probably of wouldn't with the way Cruz was playing. It would of hurt him even more.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 02:50 PM

it was the smart move

What if Steve Smith is never right again then wouldnt taking more money be the smart thing for him and his family.I dont have ill will towards these guys for doing what they need to for there families

exactly

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Like I said before without Steve Smith moving on to the Sheagles we wouldnt have had Cruzzzz !!! </P>

NYG216
01-31-2012, 02:51 PM
Yet another similarity to 2007 and Tiki Barber?

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Def agree with you. To go to the division rivals like that is just a slap to the throat.

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Dont forget loud mouth Shocky!!

Eli TO Shockey
01-31-2012, 02:55 PM
I've made this point before. I agree with matt. I have no grudge against Steve Smith. He got a few mill more than what we had to offer....cant really blame him. I wouldnt mind a small contract to bring him back next season. Granted, it wouldnt be the same for me. its going to be hard to resign MM. we're gonna need a slot guy.

TrueBlue07
01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't understand how ignoring smart doctors, and taking the advice of an organization who clearly didn't have your best interest in mind is the "smart" decision. He risked his career and his quality of life when his playing days are over for a short term gain. For 2011 was it a smart decision financially? Yes, but in my opinion a short term decision that compromises your long term goals is not wise. It's not as black and white as "they offered more cash, that's all that matters". How about the training staff that will be watching over you? In the NBA Grant Hill stayed with the Suns and took less money because their trainers are known to be the best in the league and due to his injury history he knows how important that is. He needed a team to pull back the reigns on him because he wasn't going to do it himself, and Philly wasn't going to do that. They had the cap room and were hoping to catch lightening in a bottle.

As for the emergence of Cruz, that is irrelevant because at the time Cruz was not factoring in to his decision. No one knew what Cruz would become. In Philly Smith, at best, was signing up to be the third WR as well.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 02:56 PM
Win / Win

keep in mind, they were coming off rookie contracts and already have a ring while also having concerning injuries...

at the time it was hard to digest, but lets get real about it now. No reason to look back at them with hate - it is what it is...

Organizations cut ties with players all the time, i never hear anybody hating the organization? When it happens frm that aspect its, its always fair though right?

Eli TO Shockey
01-31-2012, 02:57 PM

haha. its no coincidence that only when tiki and shockey were both out we started playing well. ended up winning the SB.

I wouldnt put Boss and Smith in their category tho. Both were good locker room guys.

burier
01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Win / Win

keep in mind, they were coming off rookie contracts and already have a ring while also having concerning injuries...

at the time it was hard to digest, but lets get real about it now.* No reason to look back at them with hate - it is what it is...

Organizations cut ties with players all the time, i never hear anybody hating the organization?* When it happens frm that aspect its, its always fair though right?

I dont think anyone has a problem with Boss going and getting his money but Steve Smith....

Steve Smith kinda turned the knife with all of the FaceBook statuses about how the deal is all but done.

He was on the internet sounding all excited when we signed Kiwi and then under the cloak of darkness he signs with our mortal enemy.

Eli TO Shockey
01-31-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't understand how ignoring smart doctors, and taking the advice of an organization who clearly didn't have your best interest in mind is the "smart" decision. He risked his career and his quality of life when his playing days are over for a short term gain. For 2011 was it a smart decision financially? Yes, but in my opinion a short term decision that compromises your long term goals is not wise. It's not as black and white as "they offered more cash, that's all that matters". How about the training staff that will be watching over you? In the NBA Grant Hill stayed with the Suns and took less money because their trainers are known to be the best in the league and due to his injury history he knows how important that is. He needed a team to pull back the reigns on him because he wasn't going to do it himself, and Philly wasn't going to do that. They had the cap room and were hoping to catch lightening in a bottle.

As for the emergence of Cruz, that is irrelevant because at the time Cruz was not factoring in to his decision. No one knew what Cruz would become. In Philly Smith, at best, was signing up to be the third WR as well.

Smith knew he may never be the same. He knew he may never get another offer like the one he got from PHI. 4 mil can go a long way if you play your cards right. Why take 2 mil and risk never getting paid again. He may have never made that extra 2 mil the rest of his life.. They painted a completely different picture and had money to back up that decision. He believed them. Smith is not a doctor. If i was in his shoes, id probly do the same.

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 03:03 PM
So your saying your totally cool with Smith joining our division rival? I get what your saying about the money. Im sure th eagles were probably the only team offering that much but to say you have no ill will towards him is kind of hard for me to beleive when he joined our arch nemesis.

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah its crazy how things work out. Although I loved Shocky , he was just a loud mouth punk that was just a locker room cancer like Tiki.

TrueBlue07
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM

Smith knew he may never be the same. He knew he may never get another offer like the one he got from PHI. 4 mil can go a long way if you play your cards right. Why take 2 mil and risk never getting paid again. He may have never made that extra 2 mil the rest of his life.. They painted a completely different picture and had money to back up that decision. He believed them. Smith is not a doctor. If i was in his shoes, id probly do the same.

I'm kind of repeating myself, I guess no one is getting my point. I feel there is a lot more that goes in to this decision than "Philly offered 4, Giants offered 2, Philly's offer is much better". If taking that extra $2M and not recovering the right way costs him a big pay day in the future, to me, it was a foolish decision. Now he'll potentially move to his third team in 3 years, have to learn a new offense and find out where he fits in all over again. Wes Welker doesn't seem to have any problems after having the same surgery. KP is starting to look like his old self again. That doesn't mean SS is guaranteed to do the same, but there is precedent.

Clearly 4&gt;2, that's not up for discussion. There is definitely a lot more that should go in to the decision making process though.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 03:07 PM

first off, Giants would of PUP'd smith. They were on record for saying so. That means he wouldn't of been able to play until week. So by the time he would of came off of PUP, assuming that Smith would be ready right off the bat, Cruz would of already been on a 5 game year of 26 receptions, 480 yards, and 4 TDs.

Then obviously the emergence of Cruz blowing up was inevitable. It would of put Smith to the back of the pack and made him look even worse. Plus your just pretty much guaranteeing that if he waiting the PUP out he would of been fine, which is an impossible assumption.

His long term career was in question regardless if he PUP'd or not. He got his money and next year now that he will truely be a FA, not coming off a SERIOUS injury (just a reported bone bruise), he will get worked out by teams and get a real shot at FA. Also keep in mind that there is an actual offseason this year where he will be able to shop himself around.

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah thats a good point too. He was very outgoing and saying he was looking forward to coming back and then BAM.. he did a total 360 and signed with those punks. I felt it was just very shady.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 03:08 PM

I'm kind of repeating myself, I guess no one is getting my point. I feel there is a lot more that goes in to this decision than "Philly offered 4, Giants offered 2, Philly's offer is much better". If taking that extra $2M and not recovering the right way costs him a big pay day in the future, to me, it was a foolish decision. Now he'll potentially move to his third team in 3 years, have to learn a new offense and find out where he fits in all over again. Wes Welker doesn't seem to have any problems after having the same surgery. KP is starting to look like his old self again. That doesn't mean SS is guaranteed to do the same, but there is precedent.

Clearly 4&gt;2, that's not up for discussion. There is definitely a lot more that should go in to the decision making process though.

your just assuming that he would of been completely recovered and healed and wouldn't of gotten hurt had he went on the PUP - which is ridiculous.

Eli TO Shockey
01-31-2012, 03:08 PM
So your saying your totally cool with Smith joining our division rival? I get what your saying about the money. Im sure th eagles were probably the only team offering that much but to say you have no ill will towards him is kind of hard for me to beleive when he joined our arch nemesis.

Smith went to High school 3 miles from where I grew up. then he went to my favorite college team USC. and then the Giants drafted him. He was my favorite giant. His decision to go to philly crushed me, and I was pissed. when I put that to the side and looked at his from his shoes, i understood his decision. didnt agree with it, but understood. Not to mention we dont know all the facts of how everything transpired in that week.

NY_Eli
01-31-2012, 03:10 PM
It amazes me that 5 days before the giants play in the SUPER BOWL we are still talking about Steve Smith and Kevin Boss!!

TrueBlue07
01-31-2012, 03:11 PM

<font color="#FF0000"></font>

your just assuming that he would of been completely recovered and healed and wouldn't of gotten hurt had he went on the PUP - which is ridiculous.

<font color="#FF0000">Much more ridiculous than not acknowledging that
when you rush back from injury you're risking yourself more harm than
maybe resting 2-3 extra weeks.</font>

And I already acknowledged
Smith didn't want to be PUP'd and that was part of why he went to
Philly. That doesn't mean it was the right decision.

GmenNyg
Yeah I feel you on that. I guess soemtimes its just hard to take the fan out of certain situations.

MattMeyerBud
Yeah thats a good point too. He was very outgoing and saying he was looking forward to coming back and then BAM.. he did a total 360 and signed with those punks. I felt it was just very shady.

he didn't sign with them until aug 11th, the season started what July 26th?

He was reportedly at the Giants offices trying to work things out. Augst 11th is not a BAM situation

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 03:12 PM
Fans tend to skewer their own players when they leave for greener pastures or other reasons, but we always embrace FAs from other teams such as Rolle, Canty, Boley, Baas, Bernard, and Weatherford. We may criticize their quality of play sometimes, but fans never seem to question the loyalty of the FAs that leave their original teams to join the Giants.</P>

And is anyone crying fora Giant when he's cut? We may be sad, but we normally accept it. Usually, most of us agree that the cut needed to be made for one reason or another but we don't normally question the loyalty of the FO because all of these decisions are based on improving the organization. Players and coaches come and go, but the organization is what remains.</P>

It's a business. None of us on these boards are professional athletes (at least not that I'm aware of) and most of us would leave for a competitor in our fields if they offered us higher pay. I know that I would because ultimately you are responsible for yourself and your family.</P>

Eli TO Shockey
01-31-2012, 03:13 PM

Welker tore his ACL MCL.
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4792582

ACL tear is serious, but most players come back from that injury. Microfracture surgery is a completely different ball game.

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 03:16 PM

Welker tore his ACL MCL.
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4792582

ACL tear is serious, but most players come back from that injury. Microfracture surgery is a completely different ball game.
</P>

LOL!!! Aaaahhh, you SOB...I thought you were saying that he JUST NOW tore his ACL MCL. Damn!</P>

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 03:18 PM
If he is saying one thing and behind close doors doing another thing. To me that was a suprise. It wasn't just me.The whole organization was caught off guard. They didnt expect he was gonna sign with the eagles. As far as the giants knew he was in talks with them.

TrueBlue07
01-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Thought it was the same, my mistake.

Clearly SS's injury was
serious, that's not a debate. For me, that only emphasizes the need to
be around a competent medical staff, who will look out for your best
interest even more. When you're dealing with a major injury that may
end your career I don't see how anyone can decide the decision was smart
based strictly on how much money they are offering.

Eli TO Shockey
01-31-2012, 03:26 PM

Clearly SS's injury was

I hear you. you can really look at this from both angles. Money spoke. The doctors in Phi told smith what he wanted to hear. and Im sure they sounded very convincing.

Giants organization:
" your knee needs another 2-3 months of recovery, we will offer you 2 mil"

eagles organization:
"You are alot further along then what the giants are saying. you are a few weeks away. We think you can play week 1, heres 4 mil to show we believe in you"

You gotta look at it from SS perspective and understand the decision he made. whether u agree or not.

pj18
01-31-2012, 03:27 PM
I just hate Smith for the fact that the entire off season he would update us on his rehab saying how much/fast he's improving and gonna be back with the Giants, loves his fans etc and then out of no where he signs with the Eagles. He interacted so much with the fans on Faceook and Twitter then pulled that stunt and got DESTROYED and he has barely using both since then.

I would say he definitely regrets his decision. I'm happy he moved over for Cruz to step up. Smith had no deep ball/YAC ability. Cruz is a stud in both categories.

TrueBlue07
01-31-2012, 03:34 PM

Clearly SS's injury was

I hear you. you can really look at this from both angles. Money spoke. The doctors in Phi told smith what he wanted to hear. and Im sure they sounded very convincing.

Giants organization:

eagles organization:
"You are alot further along then what the giants are saying. you are a few weeks away. We think you can play week 1, heres 4 mil to show we believe in you"

You gotta look at it from SS perspective and understand the decision he made. whether u agree or not.

It's his knee, career, life, so I never really faulted him for leaving. Going to Philly of course pissed me off, but I'd have been annoyed regardless of where he went. I see why he took the offer, and I understand "take every penny you can get" but I do disagree with whether or not that was in his best interest long term. When he was active in W1 I said to myself "boy, one teams training staff did a really bad job of evaluating Smith". Turns out it was Philly's, unless they knew he was taking a risk but didn't mind since he was on a 1 year deal.

GmenNyg
01-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Totally agre with you 100%

jomo
01-31-2012, 03:37 PM
How great is it that with all the losses we had this year were still in the damn Super Bowl!!! What do you think Steve Smith and Kevin Boss are thinking right now?</p>

time to let it go
Thank you!

chasjay
01-31-2012, 04:01 PM

time to let it go
Thank you!

My thoughts as well. SB XLVI coming up - right now I can close my eyes and see Boss hauling in that skinny post for big yards and Smith gutting out that 1st down from back in XLII. I don't feel any meanness toward them.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Def agree with you. To go to the division rivals like that is just a slap to the throat.

but ur making something personal that isn't personal...

If the Chargers, Seahawks, whoever offered him the most money im sure he would of been there

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:25 PM

haha Shockey got the ultimate pride stomp out

we started playing good once he got injured and we then went on to win a superbowl with him sitting in the stands

we could do nothing ever to top that unless we beat him in the superbowl lol

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:26 PM
Win / Win

at the time it was hard to digest, but lets get real about it now. No reason to look back at them with hate - it is what it is...

Organizations cut ties with players all the time, i never hear anybody hating the organization? When it happens frm that aspect its, its always fair though right?

I dont think anyone has a problem with Boss going and getting his money but Steve Smith....

Steve Smith kinda turned the knife with all of the FaceBook statuses about how the deal is all but done.

He was on the internet sounding all excited when we signed Kiwi and then under the cloak of darkness he signs with our mortal enemy.

Was there a doubt he wanted to stay here? Absolutely not

but hes not passing up money like that when he may never get another pay day again.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:28 PM

no it sucked

and in the moment it burned

but why would u care about it after the seaosn the Eagles had?

And then to go back and really reflect and put yourself in his shoes, theres no way u can say he made the wrong decision

MikeIsaGiant
01-31-2012, 04:30 PM
You guys are *****in about Smith still, talk about a long PMS

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:30 PM

<font color="#FF0000"></font>

<font color="#FF0000">Much more ridiculous than not acknowledging that
when you rush back from injury you're risking yourself more harm than
maybe resting 2-3 extra weeks.</font>

And I already acknowledged
Smith didn't want to be PUP'd and that was part of why he went to
Philly. That doesn't mean it was the right decision.

better shot? absolutely

anything set in stone to where u'd bet the house on it? absolutely not

its more like your not understanding everything that we are saying

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Fans tend to skewer their own players when they leave for greener pastures or other reasons, but we always embrace FAs from other teams such as Rolle, Canty, Boley, Baas, Bernard, and Weatherford. We may criticize their quality of play sometimes, but fans never seem to question the loyalty of the FAs that leave their original teams to join the Giants.</p>

And is anyone crying fora Giant when he's cut? We may be sad, but we normally accept it. Usually, most of us agree that the cut needed to be made for one reason or another but we don't normally question the loyalty of the FO because all of these decisions are based on improving the organization. Players and coaches come and go, but the organization is what remains.</p>

It's a business. None of us on these boards are professional athletes (at least not that I'm aware of) and most of us would leave for a competitor in our fields if they offered us higher pay. I know that I would because ultimately you are responsible for yourself and your family.</p>

i didn't see ANY tears on these message boards when we just decided to not resign Chase Blackburn

and not for nothing, they never even let him know why or gave him a call. I know for a fact he had to call the organization in preseason and THEN they said that they wouldn't be bringing him back unless injury

burier
01-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Win / Win

at the time it was hard to digest, but lets get real about it now.* No reason to look back at them with hate - it is what it is...

Organizations cut ties with players all the time, i never hear anybody hating the organization?* When it happens frm that aspect its, its always fair though right?

but hes not passing up money like that when he may never get another pay day again.

so what did a get and extra mill?

Great now what's he worth? He'll probably be out of the league or at the very least playing on the cheap. I'm gonna channel Morehead here and say that Steve Smith showed very poor "decision making"

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:34 PM

Clearly SS's injury was

Giants organization:

eagles organization:

I mean thats may not be true either... he didn't REINJURE his leg, he had a bone bruise on the same knee that he had injured

He very well may of been healthy enough. I mean it was always pretty clear he wouldn't be ready for the first few weeks. Smith just argued that he would of been ready sooner than to be desiginated PUP

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:34 PM
I just hate Smith for the fact that the entire off season he would update us on his rehab saying how much/fast he's improving and gonna be back with the Giants, loves his fans etc and then out of no where he signs with the Eagles. He interacted so much with the fans on Faceook and Twitter then pulled that stunt and got DESTROYED and he has barely using both since then.

I would say he definitely regrets his decision. I'm happy he moved over for Cruz to step up. Smith had no deep ball/YAC ability. Cruz is a stud in both categories.

i dont think he ever expected to be low balled by the Giants the way he was

or maybe not low balled, maybe it was an accurate price

but I think it was clear that he wanted to be here

BigBlue2010
01-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Haven't spent a second thinking about past FA's but I have had a few moments of sadness for T2 &amp; Goff.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Win / Win

Great now what's he worth? He'll probably be out of the league or at the very least playing on the cheap. I'm gonna channel Morehead here and say that Steve Smith showed very poor "decision making"

your assuming that if he would of stayed here he would of been healthy and it would made a complete difference

let me see u pass up a mil then lets talk

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Haven't spent a second thinking about past FA's but I have had a few moments of sadness for T2 &amp; Goff.

T2 especially man

especially because im not sure hes back next year

byron
01-31-2012, 04:39 PM
We got three young talented receivers and two dependable if not flashy TE's. SS + KB got the money we got a chance. Win / Win

I dont think anyone has a problem with Boss going and getting his money but Steve Smith.... Steve Smith kinda turned the knife with all of the FaceBook statuses about how the deal is all but done. He was on the internet sounding all excited when we signed Kiwi and then under the cloak of darkness he signs with our mortal enemy.

</P>

As soon as fans found out about the deal they were on his face book slamming him witch I'm sureprovoked some of his responses...I don't remember nowexactly howI felt at the time but its water over the ****ing bridge....He took the money and I don't blame him we're talking mils here not a couple hundred bucks or some ****....wtf is wrong with people none of us even know this guy personally let alone judge him...smfh it didn't hurtthis team at all imho</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:40 PM
We got three young talented receivers and two dependable if not flashy TE's. SS + KB got the money we got a chance. Win / Win

I dont think anyone has a problem with Boss going and getting his money but Steve Smith.... Steve Smith kinda turned the knife with all of the FaceBook statuses about how the deal is all but done. He was on the internet sounding all excited when we signed Kiwi and then under the cloak of darkness he signs with our mortal enemy.

</p>

As soon as fans found out about the deal they were on his face book slamming him witch I'm sureprovoked some of his responses...I don't remember nowexactly howI felt at the time but its water over the ****ing bridge....He took the money and I don't blame him we're talking mils here not a couple hundred bucks or some ****....wtf is wrong with people none of us even know this guy personally let alone judge him...smfh it didn't hurtthis team at all imho</p>

PREACH BIG B PREACH!

burier
01-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Win / Win

your assuming that if he would of stayed here he would of been healthy and it would made a complete difference

Hell no I'm not gonna pass up a mill.

But I might if I already had a couple mill in the bank.

Im actually assuming that if he stayed here this season he would have been inactive for the majority of the season until he got healthy and then we could have worked him in as a utility guy. Nicks and Manningham missed games this year so we could have used a healthy Steve Smith.

He puts some decent film together, he's a year removed from the injury in 2012 and he gets a real pay day if not from the Giants from someone.

I think he was very short sighted.

bandwgn86
01-31-2012, 04:46 PM
How great is it that with all the losses we had this year were still in the damn Super Bowl!!! What do you think Steve Smith and Kevin Boss are thinking right now?</P>both have SB rings... swollen bank accounts&gt; 2nd SB ring

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Win / Win

Im actually assuming that if he stayed here this season he would have been inactive for the majority of the season until he got healthy and then we could have worked him in as a utility guy. Nicks and Manningham missed games this year so we could have used a healthy Steve Smith.

He puts some decent film together, he's a year removed from the injury in 2012 and he gets a real pay day if not from the Giants from someone.

but I highly doubt he had a couple mil saved. He was coming off of his rookie contract as a late 2nd round receiver...

i tried googling the deals. He probably doubled his rookie contract with the contract he got with the Eagles...

thats a big difference

burier
01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Win / Win

but I highly doubt he had a couple mil saved. He was coming off of his rookie contract as a late 2nd round receiver...

i tried googling the deals. He probably doubled his rookie contract with the contract he got with the Eagles...

thats a big difference

Yeah I forget that he was on his rookie contract.

But still I think he could have done better in the long run staying put.

Also I still haven't gotten a great understanding of how it all went down. Did the Giants get a chance to match the offer or what?

I dont know. The fact that he was seeing our doctors just so he could go sign with the fricken eagles just doesn't sit right.

But I'm glad he's gone. We've got Cruz who is a better player.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Win / Win

if everything worked out perfectly - it probably would of

but thats the thing, there is NO guarantee. And the odds that it would of worked out perfectly, I doubt u would of put ALOT of money on it in Vegas if u could have.

He did what he had to do.

thats a big difference

Yeah I forget that he was on his rookie contract.

But still I think he could have done better in the long run staying put.

Also I still haven't gotten a great understanding of how it all went down. Did the Giants get a chance to match the offer or what?

I dont know. The fact that he was seeing our doctors just so he could go sign with the fricken eagles just doesn't sit right.

But I'm glad he's gone. We've got Cruz who is a better player.

byron
01-31-2012, 05:11 PM
If ands and buts don't put money in the bank.......a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... There's way to much assumption going on here with this matter and without allthe facts andjudging him without all the factsjust plain looks like resentment to me....he gave us some good years take that and I didn't/ don'thave a cent invested in him I'll look kindly toward him...and be thankful for what he gave us fans...Not be angry and resentful toward him for doing what hebelievedwas best for himself......I'm done with this bull