PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS WIN SB XLVI AND WIN IT DECISIVELY!!!!!

NYGiantsFan56
01-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Starting to see a few doubters and it is starting to annoy me. We are better than the Patriots and we will win this game and the ourcome will never be in doubt throughout the game. Quite simplehere are some of the reasons why.</P>

1. To get here we beat the Jets, Dallas, Atlanta, GreenBay and San Francisco. Each of these teams are top tier teams.</P>

2. The Patriots waltzed into the SuperBowl being Denver (a Pop Warner Team) and Baltimore. By the way Baltimore was the first team with a winning record that the Patriots beat this year.</P>

3. We got the better Defense with its pass rush and the better recievers. Both Eli and Brady are top rated QB's but Eli is playing better at this point and he is tougher than Brady. Brady could have never took the shelling Eli took in S.F and win the game like ELI DID!!!!!</P>

4. The Giants won all their games decisivily and none of the games were close except S.F. The Pats got a freebe from Denver and got lucky in Baltimore.</P>

5. Could keep going, but I said enough and here is my score:</P>

GIANTS 38 Patriots 17.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-31-2012, 03:55 PM
It'd be so boring for that large a gap of a game.

But I'll take it

Good post

NYGiantsFan56
01-31-2012, 03:57 PM
It'd be so boring for that large a gap of a game. But I'll take it Good post</P>

Got to get behind these guys. no need to be shy about what a great team we are. "ALL IN"</P>

eastbayblue
01-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Starting to see a few doubters and it is starting to annoy me. We are better than the Patriots and we will win this game and the ourcome will never be in doubt throughout the game. Quite simplehere are some of the reasons why.</p>

1. To get here we beat the Jets, Dallas, Atlanta, GreenBay and San Francisco. Each of these teams are top tier teams.</p>

2. The Patriots waltzed into the SuperBowl being Denver (a Pop Warner Team) and Baltimore. By the way Baltimore was the first team with a winning record that the Patriots beat this year.</p>

3. We got the better Defense with its pass rush and the better recievers. Both Eli and Brady are top rated QB's but Eli is playing better at this point and he is tougher than Brady. Brady could have never took the shelling Eli took in S.F and win the game like ELI DID!!!!!</p>

4. The Giants won all their games decisivily and none of the games were close except S.F. The Pats got a freebe from Denver and got lucky in Baltimore.</p>

5. Could keep going, but I said enough and here is my score:</p>

GIANTS 38 Patriots 17.</p>

I agree we win but it will come down to the last 2 minutes, it will not be a blowout, nail biter to the end.

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 04:01 PM
the only way this game is even close is if the giants start slowly and even then we still win but by a small margin.

i expect eli to have one of the greatest super bowl performances of all time. pats are damned if they do damned if they dont. if they go all out to stop our pass, we run it down their throats. if they stack the box, we pass and get big play touchdowns.
the pats dont have this luxory. yeah they can run the ball but they cannot win if their going to try and win it grind it out run style. we can.

i also expect that since our OL had a horrible showing vs SF we should see them play better and we just honestly have this game on lock from the start.

burier
01-31-2012, 04:04 PM
for the record most of the doubters are actually Patriots fans so take it with a grain of salt

Eli TO Shockey
01-31-2012, 04:05 PM
the only way this game is even close is if the giants start slowly and even then we still win but by a small margin.

i expect eli to have one of the greatest super bowl performances of all time. pats are damned if they do damned if they dont. if they go all out to stop our pass, we run it down their throats. if they stack the box, we pass and get big play touchdowns.
the pats dont have this luxory. yeah they can run the ball but they cannot win if their going to try and win it grind it out run style.

i also expect that since our OL had a horrible showing vs SF we should see them play better and we just honestly have this game on lock from the start.

<font size="6">LUNACY</font>

<font size="3">If you think we're going to blow out Tom Brady in the superbowl. Guys like brady dont get blown out. I agree that we should win...but to say we blow them out is asinine and naive.</font>

27-24 giants.

Eli will be superbowl MVP

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 04:10 PM

the pats dont have this luxory. yeah they can run the ball but they cannot win if their going to try and win it grind it out run style. we can.

lol that's a pile of confidence you got there bro...I sure hope we win, but I don't think we got it in the bag like that.

Let's not forget that our offense sometimes makes mistakes and needs time to warm up (ATL game). If that happens against the Pats, I expect them to capitalize on it unlike ATL.

We're going to need to play mistake-free football on both sides of the field. I'm also a little worried about Ocho and Branch for some reason, I think they'll be overlooked with most of the attention being focused on Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez. I can't see this game not being a very close one decided in the later part of the 4th qtr.

I'm going on the record right now, there is NO WAY this game will already be decided by the start of the 4th quarter....not a chance in hell.

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 04:12 PM
but hey....I will be More than happy to eat crow if we blow them out...matter fact I hope that's the case, I hope my entire prediction is the farthest thing from the truth (in our favor of course)

GmenFan1980
01-31-2012, 04:16 PM
30-24 Giants. If we blow them out so be it, but i completely expect a close down to the wire game

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
I think the score will be 42-10 http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-40.gif

Easy-Duz-It
01-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Starting to see a few doubters and it is starting to annoy me. We are* better than the Patriots and we will win this game and the ourcome will never be in doubt throughout the game. Quite simple*here are some of the reasons why.</P>

1. To get here we beat the Jets, Dallas, Atlanta, GreenBay and San Francisco. Each of these teams are top tier teams.</P>

2. The Patriots waltzed into the SuperBowl being Denver (a Pop Warner Team) and Baltimore. By the way Baltimore was the first team with a winning record that the Patriots beat this year.</P>

3. We got the better Defense with its pass rush and the better recievers. Both Eli and Brady are top rated QB's but Eli is playing better at this point and he is tougher than Brady. Brady could have never took the shelling Eli took in S.F and win the game like ELI DID!!!!!</P>

4. The Giants won all their games decisivily and none of the games were close except S.F. The Pats got a freebe from Denver and got lucky in Baltimore.</P>

whoa whoa whoa....i refuse to document any predictions for this game. i guess you can say i'm a little stitious. that said, i agree with everything you said, and as a matter of fact, without making a prediction myself....your score is exactly what i forsee to happen. right on the money in fact. but like i said, i'm not gonna make any predictions.

yeahright
01-31-2012, 04:34 PM
So, by your account, the Jets and Dallas, at 8-8, are top tier teams.

Not sure if you realize this or not, but the Patriots beat Dallas and swept the Jets.

As far as Eli playing better than Brady at this point, I watched the SF game...Eli had what should have been 4 pics dropped. A 55% completion percentage with 316 total yards on 58 pass attempts is hardly impressive.

Also, not impressed with the Green Bay game. The Packers had been slowing down since the KC game and were probably one of the weakest 15-1 teams I've ever seen in nearly 40 years of watching the NFL.

Better defense-

Patriots- 31st ranked defense (17th against the run, 31st against the pass), 21.4 PPG allowed.

Giants- 27th ranked defense (19th against the run, 29th against the pass), 25 PPG allowed

Giants have better outside receivers. Patriots have the better inside game.

The Patriots 3 losses this year were to the Giants, the Bills (early, when they were still playing well), and the Steelers. 2 of those were on the road. The Giants got swept by the Redskins.

Not seeing this game the way you are.

Patriots 27 Giants 20

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 04:36 PM
Starting to see a few doubters and it is starting to annoy me. We are better than the Patriots and we will win this game and the ourcome will never be in doubt throughout the game. Quite simplehere are some of the reasons why.</P>

</P>

I think we win it decisevely as well, but there's good reason for doubts -- this is the Pats we're talking about. Jets and Dallas weren't exactly top tier, and the Falcons were softer than wet bread, but yes, the Giants did what they needed to do and kicked all of those teams' asses and were able to survive a formidable 49ers D. The Giants did great.</P>

But the Pats did beat the Broncos who were having a great run, and the Ravens who were a top team. You have to give them props. I, unlike many, thought that NE was better than the Ravens and NE knows how to win the big one, unlike the Ravens.</P>

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Starting to see a few doubters and it is starting to annoy me. We are* better than the Patriots and we will win this game and the ourcome will never be in doubt throughout the game. Quite simple*here are some of the reasons why.</P>

</P>

I think we win it decisevely as well, but there's good reason for doubts -- this is the Pats we're talking about.* Jets and Dallas weren't exactly top tier, and the Falcons were softer than wet bread, but yes, the Giants did what they needed to do and kicked all of those teams' asses and were able to survive a formidable 49ers D.* The Giants did great.</P>

But the Pats did beat the Broncos who were having a great run, and the Ravens who were a top team.* You have to give them props.* I, unlike many, thought that NE was better than the Ravens and NE knows how to win the big one, unlike the Ravens.</P>

oh dont get me wrong, i respect the pats. they are a formidable adversary. but the broncose lost what 4 straight going into the playoffs and beat pitt. then got blasted by NE, denver doesnt even compare to any team we've beaten on this win streak. dallas is certainly top tier talent, as is jets imo just weak at a few spots.raves are a top d, offense gave them issues all season.

i look at it like this, we're much more battle tested, already beat NE and it should have actually been a wider margin of victory if not for a redzone turnover, have beaten teams with excellent records, and in many of those games, just destroyed them.

its a tale of two teams, the giants healthy and the giants not healthy. this giants healthy team is a much better barometer of who we really are, whereas the pats struggled with several weak teams, didn't have a win over a.500 team until the Ravens game, and they should have lost that game or at least had to play in OT.

Giants have played and won in hostile situations with the deck stacked against them. we have a much better defense, as good an offense, and have several aspects we could rely on on offense. we can win it the oldschool, ground and pound way as well as air it out. eli has been lights out since week 16, but really all season.

they won't have an answer for one of our wr's, let alone all three of them. they won't have an answer for our DL. usually the better teams win and the teams that won usually stuck with what got them to the SB. if NE is going to win, they're going to have to do it in a way they hadn't all season, my opinion for NE to win they'll have to rely on their D and run the ball. IF they think they can rely on Brady to drop back and throw all over for them to win, we will blow them out.

just way too many ways we can and should win. any given sunday yes, but the odds of them winning is just so low for the reasons i alluded to above.

giants win by a few scores, unless we start slowly, and even then we've seen this team score 30 plus points even when starting slowly. we can put up 15 points in 5 minutes, as we did vs Dallas at Dallas.

just so many favorable matchups on our end, and we can win in multiple ways if our pass game struggles.

and i also expect eli to be extremely focused and on point. we beat them week 9 WITHOUT NICKS AND BRADSHAW. Imagine the game if we had Nicks and Bradshaw but they were without Gronks and Welker... you think they have a chance in hell to win that game?

that said I DO respect NE, just like SF, GB, Atlanta, Dallas, and Jets; they're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Big Blue 418
01-31-2012, 05:45 PM
How would I love a nice blow out win for a change ... I just don't see it and if we did lose I would rather it be 42-10 than a nailbiter .

So Lets win thias freaking game

JimC
01-31-2012, 05:51 PM
Starting to see a few doubters and it is starting to annoy me. We are better than the Patriots and we will win this game and the ourcome will never be in doubt throughout the game. Quite simplehere are some of the reasons why.</p>

1. To get here we beat the Jets, Dallas, Atlanta, GreenBay and San Francisco. Each of these teams are top tier teams.</p>

2. The Patriots waltzed into the SuperBowl being Denver (a Pop Warner Team) and Baltimore. By the way Baltimore was the first team with a winning record that the Patriots beat this year.</p>

3. We got the better Defense with its pass rush and the better recievers. Both Eli and Brady are top rated QB's but Eli is playing better at this point and he is tougher than Brady. Brady could have never took the shelling Eli took in S.F and win the game like ELI DID!!!!!</p>

4. The Giants won all their games decisivily and none of the games were close except S.F. The Pats got a freebe from Denver and got lucky in Baltimore.</p>

I agree we win but it will come down to the last 2 minutes, it will not be a blowout, nail biter to the end.

I see comments like this all the time. If it's going to be a "nail biter to the end" how can you be sure we will come out on top? Wouldn't the game simply be a toss up under these parameters?

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Starting to see a few doubters and it is starting to annoy me. We are* better than the Patriots and we will win this game and the ourcome will never be in doubt throughout the game. Quite simple*here are some of the reasons why.</p>

I see comments like this all the time.* If it's going to be a "nail biter to the end" how can you be sure we will come out on top?* Wouldn't the game simply be a toss up under these parameters?

nah not with Easy E. He's had GW drives with less than a minute before. IF, and thats a big if, we're down with a min or so left, we'll still win. only way Pats win in a lately deciding type game is if the Pats win in the final seconds, even then, put eli on KO return and he'll bring it to the house

tikiandphil
01-31-2012, 05:56 PM

Not sure if you realize this or not, but the Patriots beat Dallas and swept the Jets.

As far as Eli playing better than Brady at this point, I watched the SF game...Eli had what should have been 4 pics dropped.* A 55% completion percentage with 316 total yards on 58 pass attempts is hardly impressive.

Also, not impressed with the Green Bay game.* The Packers had been slowing down since the KC game and were probably one of the weakest 15-1 teams I've ever seen in nearly 40 years of watching the NFL.

Better
defense-

Patriots- 31st ranked defense (17th against the
run, 31st against the pass), 21.4 PPG allowed.

Giants-
27th ranked defense (19th against the run, 29th against the
pass), 25* PPG allowed

Giants have better outside
receivers.* Patriots have the better inside game.

The
Patriots 3 losses this year were to the Giants, the Bills (early,
when they were still playing well), and the Steelers.* 2 of those
were on the road.* The Giants got swept by the
Redskins.

Not seeing this game the way you
are.

Patriots 27 Giants 20

While refreshing to see a Patriot fan that can think, I ( in your words) am "not seeing this game the way you are". Giants win.

Sintim97
01-31-2012, 06:09 PM
u say we're better, but they were better than us in 07 (winning 18 games as opposed to 13 i think?) and we beat them

Sintim97
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM

As far as Eli playing better than Brady at this point, I watched the SF game...Eli had what should have been 4 pics dropped. A 55% completion percentage with 316 total yards on 58 pass attempts is hardly impressive.

Also, not impressed with the Green Bay game. The Packers had been slowing down since the KC game and were probably one of the weakest 15-1 teams I've ever seen in nearly 40 years of watching the NFL.

Better
defense-

Patriots- 31st ranked defense (17th against the
run, 31st against the pass), 21.4 PPG allowed.

Giants-
27th ranked defense (19th against the run, 29th against the
pass), 25 PPG allowed

Giants have better outside
receivers. Patriots have the better inside game.

The
Patriots 3 losses this year were to the Giants, the Bills (early,
when they were still playing well), and the Steelers. 2 of those
were on the road. The Giants got swept by the
Redskins.

Not seeing this game the way you
are.

Patriots 27 Giants 20

While refreshing to see a Patriot fan that can think, I ( in your words) am "not seeing this game the way you are". Giants win.

u really brought up the redskins losses? really? its a whole new season, buddy. we got swept by the skins but we swept dallas, beat green bay, and san fran, so whats your logic?

Cio7760
01-31-2012, 06:12 PM
It'd be so boring for that large a gap of a game.

But I'll take it

Good postFrom an average fan's perspective it would be boring. But I know as Giants' fans, a blowout would be ultimate fun. I just want a win! LOL

yeahright
02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
wow, you swept the Cowboys. Pats swept the Jets. Couple underachieving teams. What's the difference?

my logic is...just as you said..."its a whole new season".

Also, you guys like to talk about the Pats not beating a single team during the regular season with a winning record. I looked at the schedules, Giants had 1 win against a team with a winning record. Granted, it was the Pats, but it was still only one. You guys like to talk about the players you were missing in that game. The Pats were playing without Chung and Spikes. Injuries are part of the game.

Also, the allusion here seems to be that the Pats were lucky to escape with a win against the Ravens. What do you call that win against SF? Dominating? Hardly. I watched the game, Giants could have very easily and probably should have lost.

So, I'll turn it back on you again...what's YOUR logic?

suzyq
02-01-2012, 12:29 PM
1. To get here we beat the Jets, Dallas, Atlanta, GreenBay and San Francisco. Each of these teams are top tier teams.

right here is enough for me.....

HERE WE GO GIANTS, HERE WE GO!!!!!

GMen869007
02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Also, the allusion here seems to be that the Pats were lucky to escape with a win against the Ravens. What do you call that win against SF? Dominating? Hardly. I watched the game, Giants could have very easily and probably should have lost.

So we should've expected the Giants to route the number 1 defense?

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
The number one defense looked like swiss cheese against the Saints the week before . Just saying

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 01:30 PM

Better defense-

Patriots- 31st ranked defense (17th against the run, 31st against the pass), 21.4 PPG allowed.

Giants- 27th ranked defense (19th against the run, 29th against the pass), 25 PPG allowed

Giants have better outside receivers. Patriots have the better inside game.

The Patriots 3 losses this year were to the Giants, the Bills (early, when they were still playing well), and the Steelers. 2 of those were on the road. The Giants got swept by the Redskins.

Patriots 27 Giants 20
</P>

This is a much different, healthier, and better Giants D than the stats listed above. Just totally different. But we'll all find out Sunday.</P>

a4gmen
02-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I've been listening to ESPN a lot lately and they seem to be playing up the Pats and their strengths more so than the Giants and theirs IMO.Maybe that's the reason for all the new doubters.

Sintim97
02-02-2012, 09:48 AM
wow, you swept the Cowboys. Pats swept the Jets. Couple underachieving teams. What's the difference?

my logic is...just as you said..."its a whole new season".

Also, you guys like to talk about the Pats not beating a single team during the regular season with a winning record. I looked at the schedules, Giants had 1 win against a team with a winning record. Granted, it was the Pats, but it was still only one. You guys like to talk about the players you were missing in that game. The Pats were playing without Chung and Spikes. Injuries are part of the game.

So, I'll turn it back on you again...what's YOUR logic?

we beat atlanta 15-1 packers and 13-3 niners. u beat....who? the broncos? and got lucky against the overrated ravens?

bgblucru5656
02-02-2012, 10:03 AM

"Really? They're only gonna score 17 points?" LMAO

Patriot 37
02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
The GB win was very impressive. The thing I don't understand is Giant fans touting the SF victory and discounting the Pats win vs Balt. These two teams are very similar great D good running game avg QBs.

The Pats and the Giants won in close games and the game MVPs weren't Brady or Manning. It was Williams and Cundiff.

I agree the Giants are better on paper but a couple things that the initail poster ignored. Our OL is better than what you have faced in the playoffs (Balt and Den are very good pass rusher teams). Also our pass rush is underrated they had 40 sacks in regular season the Giants had 48. They pressured Flacco pretty well (Balts OLine is a little better than Giants) Also they can use the no huddle to keep the 4 DEs set off the field.

gumby742
02-02-2012, 10:27 AM
The GB win was very impressive. The thing I don't understand is Giant fans touting the SF victory and discounting the Pats win vs Balt. These two teams are very similar great D good running game avg QBs. The Pats and the Giants won in close games and the game MVPs weren't Brady or Manning. It was Williams and Cundiff. I agree the Giants are better on paper but a couple things that the initail poster ignored. Our OL is better than what you have faced in the playoffs (Balt and Den are very good pass rusher teams). Also our pass rush is underrated they had 40 sacks in regular season the Giants had 48. They pressured Flacco pretty well (Balts OLine is a little better than Giants) Also they can use the no huddle to keep the 4 DEs set off the field.</P>

I think it will be a close game and a good one at that. The teams are evenly matched - if we continue our current pace. We've had an extra week to cool off.</P>

Best of luck on sunday.</P>

Big Blue 418
02-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Espn has a boner for guys like Brady , Lebron Janes etccc.... This is why in a few years t other sports networks are going to overtake them as the place for credible sports network . I mean you goyt idioys like Skip getting way too much air time for shock value

GMENAGAIN
02-02-2012, 10:56 AM
From your lips to Tebow's ears . . . . .

Redeyejedi
02-02-2012, 11:03 AM
The GB win was very impressive. The thing I don't understand is Giant fans touting the SF victory and discounting the Pats win vs Balt. These two teams are very similar great D good running game avg QBs.

The Pats and the Giants won in close games and the game MVPs weren't Brady or Manning. It was Williams and Cundiff.

I agree the Giants are better on paper but a couple things that the initail poster ignored. Our OL is better than what you have faced in the playoffs (Balt and Den are very good pass rusher teams). Also our pass rush is underrated they had 40 sacks in regular season the Giants had 48. They pressured Flacco pretty well (Balts OLine is a little better than Giants) Also they can use the no huddle to keep the 4 DEs set off the field.SF and Baltimore are similar teams.Id weight that win even for both teams.

My feeling is the Giants best is better then the Pats however the Pats have consistently played better.
The thing that hurts the Giants defense is the 1 thing that the Pats lack and its speed. Teams that stretch the field can score against the Giants. When teams dont have that threat they press down on the short routes and running game. The Pats will need to take there shots down the field and be successful in order to win.

freeoscar
02-02-2012, 11:23 AM
the possibility exists for the giants to win comfortably. We don't really know how good the pats D is. They've done the whole bend but don't break thing all year, but a fully healthy giants O is by far the toughest test they've faced all year. Against mediocre O's with limited weapons you can clamp down as the field gets shorter, but its hard to do that when a team has multiple weapons and a patient QB. Gronk is a monster in the red zone, so him playing at 70 or 80% could easily mean 1 FG instead of a TD. I could see 31-20 or something like that.
but more likely I see the giants taking a little while to warm up, trailing 10-7 at the half before going on to win 27-24 on a drive featuring a classic Eli escape from pressure to find someone down the field for a big play.

buffyblue
02-02-2012, 11:24 AM

As far as Eli playing better than Brady at this point, I watched the SF game...Eli had what should have been 4 pics dropped.* A 55% completion percentage with 316 total yards on 58 pass attempts is hardly impressive.

Also, not impressed with the Green Bay game.* The Packers had been slowing down since the KC game and were probably one of the weakest 15-1 teams I've ever seen in nearly 40 years of watching the NFL.

Better defense-

Giants- 27th ranked defense (19th against the run, 29th against the pass), 25* PPG allowed

Giants have better outside receivers.* Patriots have the better inside game.

The Patriots 3 losses this year were to the Giants, the Bills (early, when they were still playing well), and the Steelers.* 2 of those were on the road.* The Giants got swept by the Redskins.

Patriots 27 Giants 20

Of course you are not seeing the game the same way most of us are but you are a New England Patriots fan.

You claim that Eli Manning had 4 picks that were dropped in San Francisco and that he played awful in that game. You donít know what you are talking about. Eli Manning is known for gunning the ball in and that is why sometimes defenders can not hold on to the pick and why sometimes our recievers drop the ball. His completion percentage was low because our O line was horrible that day and he had to throw a lot of balls away. Under those weather and field conditions and against that rabid San Francisco 49er defense, Eli Manning played QB as good as you can. Tom Brady would have fallen apart out there on that day. Heck, Tom Brady looked horrible against Baltimore Ravens and their defense didnít look that good that day.
You can quote stats all you want but New England Patriots stats were comiled while playing one of the easiest schedules in NFL this year. NY Giants stats were comiled by playing the hardest schedule in NFL this year without a relavively healthy team till around week 16.
New England Patriots fans are full of their arrogance and Bill Bellichek is walking around with a smug little smirk as if he has some secret that will render NY Giants inefective. Tom Brady and some of New England Patriots wore all black because they are going to NY Giants funeral. You folks canít even have an original idea can you.

I am sure that after NY Giants win SuperBowl XLVI that the excuses will fly from New England Patriots fans just like they did after SuperBowl XLII. You are unable to admit that NY Giants are the better team.

I can hardly wait for Sunday to come around because NY Giants are going to beat New England Patriots in SuperBowl XLVI by 17 points. Count on it.

I bELIeve.

Down-lifer
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
I agree! I have been saying it all week! The Giants WILL WIN BIG! Go Giants!!!!!!

Good post too!

Patriot 37
02-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Your point about consistentency is dead on. One thing about the Pats in the BB era is they almost never lose to teams that they should beat.

The positive side is they pretty much always win the division and have home playoff games, but they tend to get overrated based on there record.

We have no deep threat. We can't take shots down field. We tried that when we had the best deep WR in the NFL (didn't work out to well). The last drive of the 2008 SB they started running Moss underneath and scored go ahead score (for a minute or two anyway). We scored 23 against the Ravens they rushed 4 most of the game stayed in coverage and Brady left some poiints on the field.

By the way just posting here the last 2 weeks. The difference between Giants and Jets fans is mind boggling.

How did most of the stupid people in New York end up rooting for Jets ?

One good thing that will definitely happen in this SB is either the Jets will remain the Giants "little brother" or Belichick is going have another ring for Rex to kiss.

buffyblue
02-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Your point about consistentency is dead on. One thing about the Pats in the BB era is they almost never lose to teams that they should beat..

You mean like the playoff loss to the NY Jets last year?

I do agree about consistency but New England Patriots benefit from playing in a very weak division. Heck, playing NY Jets, Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins twice a year is basically a gift.

I bELIeve.

NYGiantsFan56
02-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Again we win this game because quite simply we are the better team. We fought harder to get here and we want it more. Not being ****y. I am just a realist. The Patriots got that elitist attitude and think they are entitled to it. They can go to hell. Eli is going to "carpet bomb" their secondary and the Giants Defense is out to bury Brady. You just have to bELIeve and it will happen.

Easy-Duz-It
02-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Again we win this game because quite simply we are the better team. We fought harder to get here and we want it more. Not being ****y. I am just a realist. The Patriots got that elitist attitude and think they are entitled to it. They can go to hell. Eli is going to "carpet bomb" their secondary and the Giants Defense is out to bury Brady. You just have to bELIeve and it will happen.

hahaha. very nicely put. i agree with everything you said. now they just have to go out and execute. ALL IN.

JJC7301
02-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Giants 37 - 20.

gmen0820
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Honestly, I think we will know what game it is by the end of the first quarter.

I'm really wondering what the Pats do on defense. If we win the toss, I (who always wants to defer) wouldn't mind getting the ball just because I'm so curious to see how they approach our offense. 34 or 43 defense? Who covers Cruz, and do they double Cruz? Who covers Nicks and do they double Nicks? What personnel packages does NE use and what do we use vs them? So many questions that can be answered early.

Voldamort
02-04-2012, 11:45 PM
ALL IN I WOULD LOVE THAT SCORE!!! SCORE EARLY AND OFTEN

Voldamort
02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
I BELIEVE IN ELI GO GMEN!!! WIN BIG ON SUNDAY!!

SackingMyths
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Giants 37 - 20.

Nice. Mine's right around there 34-23 G's up