PDA

View Full Version : Eli an old man?

Dover Giant
01-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices.
Can't believe Eli's one of the oldest on the team seems like yesterday he was telling San Diego to shove it.

NY_Eli
01-31-2012, 04:06 PM
I believe Eli's been on the team the second-longest, next to Osi. Someone let me know if I have that wrong.

Kruunch
01-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices.
Can't believe Eli's one of the oldest on the team seems like yesterday he was telling San Diego to shove it.

And yet we should see him play for another 5-8 years if not longer.

Wonder if we get into a similar position the Colts are now in with Peyton? I hope not ... I hate that ****.

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices. Can't believe Eli's one of the oldest on the team seems like yesterday he was telling San Diego to shove it. And yet we should see him play for another 5-8 years if not longer. Wonder if we get into a similar position the Colts are now in with Peyton? I hope not ... I hate that ****.</P>

If the Giants have a high draft pick in 4 - 5 years and have another QB of their future within reach, they should go for it. I'm not saying right now, I'm talking about when it's getting close to the end of Eli's career (like Kerry Collins's career when they drafted Eli) and not at the very end of his career or even after it should have ended, but kept him too long.</P>

For the Colts it's a no-brainer...they MUST draft Luck regardless of whether or not Peyton can play.</P>

burier
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Kind of like an old family member you get used to seeing someone all the time. You both keeping aging but neither one notices. Can't believe Eli's one of the oldest on the team seems like yesterday he was telling San Diego to shove it. And yet we should see him play for another 5-8 years if not longer. Wonder if we get into a similar position the Colts are now in with Peyton? I hope not ... I hate that ****.</P>

If the Giants have a high draft pick in 4 - 5 years and have another QB of their future within reach, they should go for it.* I'm not saying right now, I'm talking about when it's getting close to the end of Eli's career (like Kerry Collins's career when they drafted Eli) and not at the very end of his career or even after it should have ended, but kept him too long.</P>

For the Colts it's a no-brainer...they MUST draft Luck regardless of whether or not Peyton can play.</P>

You have to be careful with that though. I mean Kerry Collins is one thing. Eli manning is another thing completely.

I think with Eli its unfortunately going to be a situation where Eli plays until he's ready to reture and it takes us little while to get the QB situation sorted out.

But you can't use a high draft choice on a QB if the Franchise isn't ready to pass the torch.

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 05:41 PM

31 is like the young prime of QBs

JimC
01-31-2012, 05:47 PM

The way the league is writing rules to protect the quarterback, you may see Eli play well into his forties!

MattMeyerBud
01-31-2012, 05:47 PM

The way the league is writing rules to protect the quarterback, you may see Eli play well into his forties!

lol one could hope

would be great if he could pass Farve's ironman number

SweetZombieJesus
01-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I believe Eli's been on the team the second-longest, next to Osi.* Someone let me know if I have that wrong.
Osi and Diehl

Jiffy Jeff
01-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Eli an old man?

Man, that makes me sad being even OLDER than E.

Voldamort
01-31-2012, 09:33 PM
8 more years,and 3 more rings!!! 5 total when he leaves for the HOF!