PDA

View Full Version : Who has replaced Strahan as our leader?

NWKEffectElement
01-31-2012, 05:49 PM
This is something we have all complained about since he has retired. This team couldn't have made it this far without someone or people filling that void.

jomo
01-31-2012, 05:52 PM
This is something we have all complained about since he has retired. This team couldn't have made it this far without someone or people filling that void.Travis Beckum and Ramses Barden. [;)]

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
defense- i was actually seeing boley take pierce leadership skills over. he also seems to rile up our d now like rolle does. rolle also does the "we will win" mantra stahan used to invoke.

tuck also seems to have taken steps in being the leader we hoped he'd be lately.

JPP through his play.

And actually I'd say Jacobs/Eli on the offense. leadership issues are over.

oh how could i forget rolle

Easy-Duz-It
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
the team has come together and taken the role as a collective group in my opinion. which is better than any of us could've hoped for in the middle of the season.

guys like grant, blackburn, boley, rolle, canty, tuck, cruz, jpp, and c web to name a few, (eli needs not be mentioned) have really stepped up and become leaders and role models for some of the other players who seem to be feeding off of it. everyone has contributed and made an impact, which is why we are where we are. great job giants.

Down-lifer
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Eli Manning.

guardplay320
01-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Tuck on defense, Eli on offense.

NYBlue10
01-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Chase Blackburn runs this ship. He's da truth.

TheBookOfEli
01-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Kenny Phillips on Defense

Eli on Offense

M0rbid
01-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Matt Dodge.

NYBlue10
01-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Matt Dodge.

Matt Dodge is flipping burgers for living now.

NWKEffectElement
01-31-2012, 06:41 PM
the team has come together and taken the role as a collective group in my opinion. which is better than any of us could've hoped for in the middle of the season.

guys like grant, blackburn, boley, rolle, canty, tuck, cruz, jpp, and c web to name a few, (eli needs not be mentioned) have really stepped up and become leaders and role models for some of the other players who seem to be feeding off of it. everyone has contributed and made an impact, which is why we are where we are. great job giants.

Great point. TC and Reese deserve credit for the construction of this team. More than enough talent at almost every single position. 19 veterans with SB experience pretty much says it all. Although , it seems like it took this season for a few of our guys to finally assume those roles. Guys like Kiwi, Boley, Canty, AB, and Tuck. We don't have a very vocal one guy like Stray but like you stated it is done as a collective. Guys like Rolle, Grant, KP, Nicks, and JPP are other guys that come to mind.

TrueBlue07
01-31-2012, 06:42 PM
I think Tuck has grown more as a leader this season than any other. He is learning that he doesn't have to be the best player on the team in order to lead. He isn't "there" yet, or perfect. We can't expect him to lead like Strahan did in his last season, Tuck is still young.

As was mentioned, I think Boley has come across as more of a leader as well. Also, I know some will roll their eyes but I've seen Tolle in interviews, and how other players speak of him, he seems to have a strong voice in the locker room. He knows his place, works hard, and he seems to be able to get through to a guy like Tuck which is important.

NWKEffectElement
01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
This is something we have all complained about since he has retired. This team couldn't have made it this far without someone or people filling that void.Travis Beckum and Ramses Barden. [;)]

LOL!! Hey they both contributed when they were called upon.

jomo
01-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Matt Dodge.
Matt Dodge is flipping burgers for living now.He's going to have trouble there as well if he doesn't get some air under them burgers!

NWKEffectElement
01-31-2012, 06:45 PM
Chase Blackburn runs this ship. He's da truth.

He has been sort of a God send after the coaching staff noticed the Rookie were not ready yet. Not to mention the Boley injury.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Jason Pierre-Paul

keyofgmen
01-31-2012, 06:48 PM
What ever fork in the road he takes...

this team will follow...

ELI

GMenNY21
01-31-2012, 07:21 PM
We seem to have multiple leaders now.. the main ones seem to be Tuck, Eli, Boley, Rolle, & even Blackburn

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Defense: Tuck, Rolle, Blackburn

Offense: Jacobs (vocal), Eli (non-vocal)

NY_Eli
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Eli leads by example. I forget who said it, but one player this year said when Eli speaks up, EVERYONE listens, because they know he has something important to say.

Itlan
01-31-2012, 07:32 PM
Matt Dodge.
Matt Dodge is flipping burgers for living now.He's going to have trouble there as well if he doesn't get some air under them burgers!Dodge's problem was his accuracy, not his leg. Fail joke.