PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone on this?

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 09:44 PM
So I guess I'm going to have to be the a-hole who has to bring this up and get torched for it, but here goes....

Am I the only one that's feeling a bit uneasy with all the trash talking (term used loosely) from our side meanwhile the Pats are going out of their way to compliment us?

Forget about the game, I'm not trying to say this is going to negatively affect our game, it's just not really positive in any sense. It's not Giants like, not Mara like, and certainly not Coughlin like.

I love the confidence because I know it's genuine, and I also understand these vulture reporters are just taking stuff out of context and blowing it up, but why give them that? I just wish we were acting more like the Pats and just being humble.

<div class="tweet-row">
<div class="tweet-row">
<span class="tweet-user-name">
KMart_LI (https://twitter.com/#%21/KMart_LI)
<span class="tweet-full-name">Kimberley A. Martin</span>
</span>
<div class="tweet-corner">
<div class="tweet-meta">
<span class="icons">
<div class="extra-icons">
<span class="inlinemedia-icons js-icon-container"></span>
</div>
</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Cruz said Edelman's done an "OK job but you can tell he's not comfortable"
</span>
<div class="tweet-meta">
<span class="icons">
</div>
</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Cruz, on NFL network, asked re: lining up vs. Edelman: "I think if it's a pass play, i better be getting the ball.
<ul class="vertical_list tiny_spacing"> Does
Mario Manningham still think he can expose WR Julian Edelman when he
plays corner? Yeah. "Its not just me, but us as a receiving corps. We
know hes a great player, but we want to go out and do what we have to
do to win. He plays wide receiver. Hes not a real defensive back. Did
he get drafted as a defensive back? We have a little bond going on
knowing that we can beat somebody. Were confident. I hope hes out
there." #NYG[/list]

Were going to win this thing, Rolle said at Media Day today at Lucas
Oil Stadium. Were going to win this thing for a lot of good reasons.</p>

Manning4MVP
01-31-2012, 09:48 PM
If JPP guarantees a win I'll be happy.

Rudyy
01-31-2012, 09:49 PM
So I guess I'm going to have to be the a-hole who has to bring this up and get torched for it, but here goes....

Am I the only one that's feeling a bit uneasy with all the trash talking (term used loosely) from our side meanwhile the Pats are going out of their way to compliment us?

Forget about the game, I'm not trying to say this is going to negatively affect our game, it's just not really positive in any sense. It's not Giants like, not Mara like, and certainly not Coughlin like.

I love the confidence because I know it's genuine, and I also understand these vulture reporters are just taking stuff out of context and blowing it up, but why give them that? I just wish we were acting more like the Pats and just being humble.

<div class="tweet-row">
<div class="tweet-row">
</span>
<div class="tweet-meta">
<span class="icons">
</div>
</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</span>
<div class="tweet-meta">
<span class="icons">
</div>
</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Cruz, on NFL network, asked re: lining up vs. Edelman: "I think if it's a pass play, i better be getting the ball.
there." #NYG*[/list]

Oil Stadium. Were going to win this thing for a lot of good reasons.</p> There's a difference between trash talking, and confidence.

To me, trash talking is purposely insulting and trying to get a reaction from the other team.

Confidence is believing in your own ability. If Cruz or Manningham believe they can expose Julian Edelman, that's not trash talking. They are just confident in their own ability. I wouldn't have a problem if they said the same thing about us, they have confidence.

GmenFan1980
01-31-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm fine with this, Our guys words have been taken out of context since the jets game.

All I can do is hope our guy execute and pull out a win :)

THE_New_York_Giants

<div class="tweet-row">
<div class="tweet-row">
</span>
<div class="tweet-meta">
<span class="icons">
</div>
</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

</span>
<div class="tweet-meta">
<span class="icons">
</div>
</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>

there." #NYG*[/list]

Oil Stadium. Were going to win this thing for a lot of good reasons.</p> There's a difference between trash talking, and confidence.

To me, trash talking is purposely insulting and trying to get a reaction from the other team.

Confidence is believing in your own ability. If Cruz or Manningham believe they can expose Julian Edelman, that's not trash talking. They are just confident in their own ability. I wouldn't have a problem if they said the same thing about us, they have confidence.
They are talking not as if it's going to be handed to them, but as if they have nothing to lose and are going to go play their asses off. They want to win and will not be satisfied if they don't. They know they need this win.

GameTime

<DIV class=tweet-row>
<DIV class=tweet-row><SPAN class=tweet-user-name>KMart_LI (https://twitter.com/#%21/KMart_LI) <SPAN class=tweet-full-name>Kimberley A. Martin</SPAN> </SPAN>
<DIV class=tweet-corner>
<DIV class=tweet-meta><SPAN class=icons>
<DIV class=extra-icons><SPAN class="inlinemedia-icons js-icon-container"></SPAN></DIV></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV>Cruz said Edelman's done an "OK job but you can tell he's not comfortable"
<SPAN class=tweet-user-name>
KMart_LI (https://twitter.com/#%21/KMart_LI) <SPAN class=tweet-full-name>Kimberley A. Martin</SPAN> </SPAN>
<DIV class=tweet-corner>
<DIV class=extra-icons><SPAN class="inlinemedia-icons js-icon-container"></SPAN></DIV></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV>Cruz, on NFL network, asked re: lining up vs. Edelman: "I think if it's a pass play, i better be getting the ball.

<UL class="vertical_list tiny_spacing">
<LI>Does Mario Manningham still think he can expose WR Julian Edelman when he plays corner? Yeah. "Its not just me, but us as a receiving corps. We know hes a great player, but we want to go out and do what we have to do to win. He plays wide receiver. Hes not a real defensive back. Did he get drafted as a defensive back? We have a little bond going on knowing that we can beat somebody. Were confident. I hope hes out there." #NYG</LI>[/list]

Were going to win this thing, Rolle said at Media Day today at Lucas Oil Stadium. Were going to win this thing for a lot of good reasons.</P>

</P>

Mehh. I hear what yuo are saying but they are just making observatoins about Edlmen. Cruz is saying "if I cant beat a player who is playing WAY out of position then I am not the player I think I am"....thats what he is conveying IMO. Rolle also has praised the hell out of the Pats too. But he believes the Giants should win this game and they all expect to. I bet all the Patriots expect to win as well. Just because they may not say it in the media doesnt mean they dont feel it and wont effect the way they play.</P>

I just dont see it as anything bad I certainly dont think if they lose its because of what they are saying. </P>

All they have to do is look back on their season to know the last thing they should be is over confident. 9-7 is 9-7.....ya know.</P>

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 09:52 PM
For this exact reason I wrote "term used loosely"...I know this isn't really trash talking. I also have no problem with them knowing they can burn him, I'm actually happy they're that confident, but I just don't want them showing it to the media....just me I guess

Again, I don't think this is going to affect the game at all, I think we're winning this game

jomo
01-31-2012, 09:53 PM
You are alone. </P>

It is true that the Giants have been more expressive in their confidence as a group the past week. However, remember that they have been this way since the lead up to the Cowboy game and it has brought them together; increased their focus and clearly elevated their game. If we are heading for more like Atlanta,Green Bay and San Francisco, then I AM ALL IN!</P>

NYBlue10
01-31-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't see an issue, Giants are not disrespecting anybody, Edelman is a WR by trade, so they think they can exploit it, why is it so wrong to say that? I think they are just being honest, not being ****y.

Breezely
01-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Plax told them last Superbowl that thjey would score 17 points and they laughed at him. We all know what happened then. 17 - 14

Blue58
I am more uneasy with everyone picking the Giants. I'm not used to that!

egyptian420
I guess it's just me, because personally, if the Cowboys or Jets or any team was saying that about us to the media and we were being humble about it, I'd probably be on here talking about it and many here would agree that the other team is acting like a bunch of b####es.

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Plax told them last Superbowl that thjey would score 17 points and they laughed at him. We all know what happened then. 17 - 14
lol yea, I like that one because atleast Brady was being ****y and mocked him for it, then scored even less......this time they're being real humble though

JPP also guaranteed a win before, and we won....further proof that this stuff means nothing as far as the game goes. It's just kind of silly in my opinion.

GameTime
01-31-2012, 10:01 PM
For this exact reason I wrote "term used loosely"...I know this isn't really trash talking. I also have no problem with them knowing they can burn him, I'm actually happy they're that confident, but I just don't want them showing it to the media....just me I guess

Again, I don't think this is going to affect the game at all, I think we're winning this game
</P>

I didnt read your OP all the way through....my bad. </P>

AS far as being the "Giant" thing to do or not I guess the team is all for one and one for all and thats what the org wants. Eli said today (paraphrasing)that each player has put another player above them for this season and for this game. He wants to win it for a guy like Deon Grant for example whohas been in the league for 12 years with no big game wins. The team wants to win it for the organization. That is the Giants way......Eli has said it......so shall it be. </P>

He said that when some reporter asked him about his legacy they win this sunday. </P>

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 10:05 PM

</p>

I didnt read your OP all the way through....my bad. </p>

AS far as being the "Giant" thing to do or not I guess the team is all for one and one for all and thats what the org wants. Eli said today (paraphrasing)that each player has put another player above them for this season and for this game. He wants to win it for a guy like Deon Grant for example whohas been in the league for 12 years with no big game wins. The team wants to win it for the organization. That is the Giants way......Eli has said it......so shall it be. </p>

He said that when some reporter asked him about his legacy they win this sunday. </p>
Eli is a stand up dude all the way that's for sure.....I'm not really too bothered with it, just wish they would keep that amongst themselves in the locker room and whatnot....nevertheless, we're the better team and I agree with everything they're saying

CDN_G-FAN
01-31-2012, 10:09 PM
I guess it's just me, because personally, if the Cowboys or Jets or any team was saying that about us to the media and we were being humble about it, I'd probably be on here talking about it and many here would agree that the other team is acting like a bunch of b####es.

its not just you.

i preferred listening to tom brady laugh at plax for saying they'll only score 14 points, than listening to manningham say he's like it if Edelman is out there when he is.

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 10:13 PM

its not just you.

i preferred listening to tom brady laugh at plax for saying they'll only score 14 points, than listening to manningham say he's like it if Edelman is out there when he is.
+1

GameTime
01-31-2012, 10:15 PM
its not just you. i preferred listening to tom brady laugh at plax for saying they'll only score 14 points, than listening to manningham say he's like it if Edelman is out there when he is.</P>

if you listen to all of what MM said he alsopraised Edlemen for being a great player too. Just that he is out of position.</P>

But I understand. We all want the team to be a bunch of *** kicking fire breathing football players on the field but then in interveiws we want them to be humble and complimentary to the other team all the time. They are for the most part but the confidence comes out.</P>

byron
01-31-2012, 10:16 PM

<DIV class=tweet-row>
<DIV class=tweet-row><SPAN class=tweet-user-name>KMart_LI (https://twitter.com/#%21/KMart_LI) <SPAN class=tweet-full-name>Kimberley A. Martin</SPAN> </SPAN>
<DIV class=tweet-corner>
<DIV class=extra-icons><SPAN class="inlinemedia-icons js-icon-container"></SPAN></DIV></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV>Cruz said Edelman's done an "OK job but you can tell he's not comfortable"
<SPAN class=tweet-user-name>
KMart_LI (https://twitter.com/#%21/KMart_LI) <SPAN class=tweet-full-name>Kimberley A. Martin</SPAN> </SPAN>
<DIV class=tweet-corner>
<DIV class=extra-icons><SPAN class="inlinemedia-icons js-icon-container"></SPAN></DIV></SPAN></DIV></DIV></DIV>Cruz, on NFL network, asked re: lining up vs. Edelman: "I think if it's a pass play, i better be getting the ball.

<UL class="vertical_list tiny_spacing">
<LI>Does Mario Manningham still think he can expose WR Julian Edelman when he plays corner? Yeah. "Its not just me, but us as a receiving corps. We know hes a great player, but we want to go out and do what we have to do to win. He plays wide receiver. Hes not a real defensive back. Did he get drafted as a defensive back? We have a little bond going on knowing that we can beat somebody. Were confident. I hope hes out there." #NYG</LI>[/list]

Were going to win this thing, Rolle said at Media Day today at Lucas Oil Stadium. Were going to win this thing for a lot of good reasons.</P>

I'll join in with you... I don't like any of it at all, as far as I'm concerned this whole week is a waste.. All about the hype, maybe the casual fan maylike this **** I find it all anoying and just want the game to be played and the season done with.....I may well take Giants football to serious butits a long season living from sunday to sunday and this extra week is killing me...</P>

5 more days till shut up and play the game</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-31-2012, 10:17 PM

its not just you.

+1

hey, did you swing by the sports cafe this year to catch any games.

this is the first year in maybe 5 years i haven't been down to yonge & st. clair to watch the game with fink, steve and the rest of the guys?

Voldamort
01-31-2012, 10:20 PM
fROM THIS POINT ON they need to stop talking,just play the game Giants and win on the field!!!

CDN_G-FAN
01-31-2012, 10:20 PM
fROM THIS POINT ON they need to stop talking,just play the game Giants and win on the field!!!

+1

egyptian420
01-31-2012, 10:21 PM

its not just you.

+1

hey, did you swing by the sports cafe this year to catch any games.

this is the first year in maybe 5 years i haven't been down to yonge &amp; st. clair to watch the game with fink, steve and the rest of the guys?
lol na bro I live in st. catharines because I go to Brock, but my actual home is in Sauga, I'm watching the SB here in st kitts at a house party with tons of liquor and gmen fans[:D]

ShakeNBake
01-31-2012, 10:29 PM
I personally don't like the talking but the vast majority of the time the player is baited into a question by the media E.g. Eli saying hes elite so I don't consider it smack talk or calling someone out. Like of others have said the players are just answering the questions honestly, and I don't think they're out of line.

Breezely
01-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Aiight. The truth is: it doesn't matter who says what because when Sunday comes, the game have to be played.

Everyone always plays the bulletin board material game but it still comes down to Sunday!!!! Just like everyone says they prayed for a victory but there can only be one winner.

My point was, when Plax said what he said in '07, people went nuts. Why would you say something like that to the big bad Tom Brady???
No one in New England is laughing now!!! More like, bitter!!!!!

bflo23
01-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Giants are just confident. They have been talking and backing it up ever since the Jets game. Whether they win or lose the Super Bowl, it isn't because of what some players said. That bulletin board material is so overrated. The Super Bowl championship should be more enough reason to motivate.

I think Giants are talking with confidence. I think the Patriots are quiet because they have some doubt since the Giants beat the Patriots 3 straight game (SB, preseason, regular season) and because the Patriots have played terrible vs the Ravens.

BigBlue1971
01-31-2012, 11:00 PM
i dont think the Giants are talking smack when they do these interviews. as many have said, its confidence in themselves and the team!</P>

id much rather them do this than appear unsure of what they're doing. </P>

ikebibby91
01-31-2012, 11:29 PM
<font size="5">Yes you are alone because this game isn't about feelings, this game is about reality; the reality of a meteorite called the Giants falling from space at 10,000 miles per hour and crushing the Patriots into dust in Lucas Oil Stadium in the Superbowl. Don't let Vegas' +3 Pats get you shook, they are overmatched and if they had our team and we had theirs we would be the heavy favorite. This game is about respect and about coming out of the shadows of others and getting something that is long overdue for 15 members of the Giants from the greatest upset in history in 2007, The Eternal Acknowledgement of Greatness.

This game is about making the media and everyone else see what they WILLFULLY REFUSE to see, what is right in front of their eyes.</font>

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't like our players calling out another player by name, but I like their confidence.

gumby742
01-31-2012, 11:41 PM
we need to start being disrespected by the media and by everyone. i'm getting really nervous.

We usually **** the bed when we get positive attention.

bearbryant
02-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Whether the media thinks we can throw the ball doesn't matter. Bottom line is how everyone executes the game plan on Sunday. I'll tell ya one thing: The NY Football Giants are "in it to win it" and I have more faith in them this year prior to the game, than I did in '07 !! !</P>

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 03:01 AM
swagger

AK_Jim
02-01-2012, 03:10 AM
no, because no amount of talking has ever won or lost a football game.

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 03:17 AM
no, because no amount of talking has ever won or lost a football game.

unless you're rex ryan and your idiotic comments and covering super bowl logos woke up the sleeping giant (pun intended)

Firenugget
02-01-2012, 06:22 AM
If they win, it's not an issue. If they lose it will be blown way out of proportion.