PDA

View Full Version : Starting to worry about the Patriots OL.

buddy33
01-31-2012, 09:45 PM
They are really good. If they do a good job of protection the QB can the Giants secondary cover all their weapons?

I also heard a stat that bothered me. The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL. That works against the Giants. They like to have their opponent in 3rd and long and get pressure. Well what team doesn't? Just saying, that stat works in their favor.

I hope the extra time off helps Tuck because he was playing so good the past few weeks and maybe an extra week off will make him feel even better. They need to pressure the QB all day.

GameTime
01-31-2012, 09:52 PM
They are really good. If they do a good job of protection the QB can the Giants secondary cover all their weapons? I also heard a stat that bothered me. The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL. That works against the Giants. They like to have their opponent in 3rd and long and get pressure. Well what team doesn't? Just saying, that stat works in their favor. I hope the extra time off helps Tuck because he was playing so good the past few weeks and maybe an extra week off will make him feel even better. They need to pressure the QB all day.</P>

they are a SB team....of course they will have good stats in some or many areas. </P>

The Giants have good stats too....</P>

maybe you are getting a little anxious for the game......lol</P>

BigBlue1971
01-31-2012, 09:54 PM
yea the o-line is good thats what makes Brady; however, our d-line is also good and imo will make Brady throw before he has to. Bradys worried about these guys and they are gonna be on his mind all day.</P>

all game it'll be survival of the fittest. i think they will get their 1st downs but hopefully the defense can shut them down on the more important ones.</P>

all these guys should be ready to go! i just hope they can pick up where they left off in SF....cause turnovers and score enough points!</P>

jjj45
01-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Cue Pakman in 3....2....1...

bflo23
01-31-2012, 10:00 PM
They are really good. If they do a good job of protection the QB can the Giants secondary cover all their weapons?

I also heard a stat that bothered me. The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL. That works against the Giants. They like to have their opponent in 3rd and long and get pressure. Well what team doesn't? Just saying, that stat works in their favor.

I hope the extra time off helps Tuck because he was playing so good the past few weeks and maybe an extra week off will make him feel even better. They need to pressure the QB all day.

"The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL."

Look at Patriots schedule. It was one of the easiest schedules in the entire NFL. Patriots didn't even beat one team over .500 until the Ravens and Evans dropped a game winning TD. I think the Giants will get pressure on Brady but I don't think they even need to put a ton of pressure on him for Giants to win. I think the Patriots secondary is so bad that Eli and WR company will tear them up.

Patriots had the 2nd worst pass defense (yards) in the entire history of the NFL. And they faced a cupcake schedule with opposing QBs like Henne (416 yards), Rivers (378 yards), Fitzpatrick (369 yards), Campbell (344 yards), Romo (317 yards), Big Ben (365 yards), Vince Young (400 yards), Orlovsky (353 yards), Grossman (252 yards), Moore (294 yards), PLAYOFF Flacco (320 yards with 3 TDs if Evans doesn't drop TD)...

NYG4ME
01-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Brady was sacked 32 times this year.. Rodgers was sacked 36, Both in top 15 of most sacked QB's.. Their O-Line is beatable we sacked brady twice in the game earlier this year.. Rested D. I have confidence they can get it done.

NYBlue10
01-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Everybody keeps talking about how the Patriots secondary sucks, but if you look at their season, they really haven't given up that many points. Giants will have to score 7 instead of 3 on every opportunity, I feel that's very crucial.

bigblue5611
01-31-2012, 10:07 PM
they still have Matt Light at LT? ...no worries.. :)

JJC7301
01-31-2012, 10:08 PM
They are really good. If they do a good job of protection the QB can the Giants secondary cover all their weapons? I also heard a stat that bothered me. The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL. That works against the Giants. They like to have their opponent in 3rd and long and get pressure. Well what team doesn't? Just saying, that stat works in their favor. I hope the extra time off helps Tuck because he was playing so good the past few weeks and maybe an extra week off will make him feel even better. They need to pressure the QB all day.</P>

they are a SB team....of course they will have good stats in some or many areas. </P>

+1. We're not going to be playing the 2-14 Colts.

And guess what? The Pats aren't playing the 2-14 Colts either.

CDN_G-FAN
01-31-2012, 10:11 PM
i keep maintaining that if vince wilfork doesn't have a game like he did against the ravens, then i think our offense will score more on their defense than vice-versa.

and as their offense HAS to score more, it plays into the strength of our defense.

if its a tight game score wise, i think we're at a disadvantage because the Pats offense just scores more.

buddy33
01-31-2012, 10:13 PM

Oh absolutely.

I think what is starting to worry me is that the Giants are no longer being looked over. Listening to Sirius tonight a lot of people like the Giants. I wish they didn't. I hope the team doesn't know it either.

I also don't like all the talk from the WR's about the Patriots using a WR as a DB. Yeah, what they are saying is true, but the more they talk about it the more worried I am that he will have a good game and make the Giants eat their words.

Razur
01-31-2012, 10:21 PM

Of course they're good..but.. not good enough to keep this pass rush from eventually getting to Brady..our boyz will be driving right into all day...Brady will feel the heat, he will get hit, and he will get sacked and make mistakes..

bLuereverie
01-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Patriots Oline will obviously be pivotal in the outcome of this game.

With that said, this Giants DLine was not built to be worried about any offensive line in the league.

JMFP2
01-31-2012, 10:25 PM
They are really good. If they do a good job of protection the QB can the Giants secondary cover all their weapons? I also heard a stat that bothered me. The Patriots are the best 1st down team in the NFL. That works against the Giants. They like to have their opponent in 3rd and long and get pressure. Well what team doesn't? Just saying, that stat works in their favor. <FONT size=5>I hope the extra time off helps Tuck</FONT> because he was playing so good the past few weeks and maybe an extra week off will make him feel even better. They need to pressure the QB all day.</P>

This could be key.....ditto for Osi, Bradshaw, Manningham, Nicks, and all the other guys that have been dogged with injuries.</P>

Pakman
01-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Bro WHY THE **** IS EVERYONE "WORRIED". **** THE PATRIOTS AND THEIR OLINE.

IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT ****. I JUST PRAY I MAKE IT TO THE GAME ON SUNDAY.

Damn man.

buddy33
01-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Ballard needed the time off for sure.

jjj45
01-31-2012, 10:31 PM

Damn man.And there he is! lol

GameTime
01-31-2012, 10:32 PM
[;)]

Oh absolutely. I think what is starting to worry me is that the Giants are no longer being looked over. Listening to Sirius tonight a lot of people like the Giants. I wish they didn't. I hope the team doesn't know it either. I also don't like all the talk from the WR's about the Patriots using a WR as a DB. Yeah, what they are saying is true, but the more they talk about it the more worried I am that he will have a good game and make the Giants eat their words.</P>

two weeks is too much time for fans to disect the game and what can or may happen. Everything becomes a "thing". The talking, the injuries, the gameplane, the this, the that....lol</P>

You've seen each team play. What you see is what you get. Neither team is all of sudden going to become unstoppable or unbeatable. Brady and Belliceck have the "it" factor as well.</P>

All this adds up for massive second guessing and playing the devil's advocate</P>

Rest easy....the game is in the players hands not the fans......good thing too.....[;)]</P>

Pakman
01-31-2012, 10:36 PM

Lol! I saw that you called it too.. I was in class or I would of posted a long time ago.

jjj45
01-31-2012, 10:41 PM

Lol! I saw that you called it too.. I was in class or I would of posted a long time ago.lol hey man, glad you made it to get all of us thinking in a positive light again. [Y]

Pakman
01-31-2012, 10:47 PM

Lol! I saw that you called it too.. I was in class or I would of posted a long time ago.lol hey man, glad you made it to get all of us thinking in a positive light again. [Y]

I got two words for you

ALL IN

THE_New_York_Giants
01-31-2012, 10:51 PM

I got two words for you

ALL IN
The Giants have effectively taken all of their poker chips and slid them to the middle of the god dang table and said "all freaking in mothah furrah"

atl-giant
01-31-2012, 11:35 PM

Oh absolutely.

I think what is starting to worry me is that the Giants are no longer being looked over. Listening to Sirius tonight a lot of people like the Giants. I wish they didn't. I hope the team doesn't know it either.

I also don't like all the talk from the WR's about the Patriots using a WR as a DB. Yeah, what they are saying is true, but the more they talk about it the more worried I am that he will have a good game and make the Giants eat their words.

Vegas still has us as the underdog (3-3.5 pts). This is a good thing because it means we are going to win.

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 11:53 PM
they're gonna have a player coming off a serious life threatening injury i believe and a rookie who doesn't do anything above avg. so far in his rookie year to matcup against tuck, jpp, and osi...good luck with that

JMFP2
02-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Ballard needed the time off for sure.</P>

Very true.</P>

BklynBlue
02-01-2012, 06:57 AM
Ihave been worried since I knew wewere playing the Pats. BB has two weeks to prepare for thisGiants team. Like you said, that OL is good. In addition, just like the Giants their def has gotten healthy. Spikes and Chung alone can disrupt an offensive game plan. The Pats willbe UP for this game and BB willmake sure of that.

Geez these nerves!!!

GO BLUE!!!

NYDestroyer
02-01-2012, 10:23 AM
I am worried as well. With all the talk of the Giants Pass Rush, I expect the Patriots O-Line to step up big time in the Super Bowl to give Brady as much time as possible. I think they will try to do to the Giants what the Giants did to their O-line SB 42. I just hope the Giants O-Line step up big time in this game playing, as good as the Pats O-Line or better. This could be a high scoring game. I believe the Giants will only win this game if they can dominate the line of scrimmage on both side of the ball. They HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO GET TO BEAT UP BRADY no matter how well the Pats O-line is playing. And the giants have to protect ELI WELL from the Pats UNDERRATED PASS RUSH.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 10:28 AM

Here's a stat that will cheer you up ... in the last two games against the Pats we have 7 sacks and about a billion hits on Brady and have averaged 17 points given up.

Oh and their blocking TE has a high ankle sprain and their LT has the stomach flu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

buddy33
02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
It would be so great to see Tuck have another game like he did in his 1st Super Bowl.

I was watching it last night on the NFL Network and he was so good that game.