PDA

View Full Version : David Diehl is TMQ's Non-QB/RB MVP for 2011

Drez
01-31-2012, 10:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7520525/time-present-tuesday-morning-quarterback-non-quarterback-non-running-back-nfl-mvp

Drez
01-31-2012, 10:53 PM
This is my favorite section:</P>

</P>
<P style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; WORD-SPACING: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; border-image: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial">"He rarely allows sacks, rarely misses run blocks and never takes downs off. Watch tape and you'll see that even in NFL big games, there are an amazing number of downs on which at least one lineman simply brushes his man and then stands there doing nothing. Diehl never stands there doing nothing. He's always working.</P>
<P style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; WORD-SPACING: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; border-image: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial"></P>
<P style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; WORD-SPACING: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; border-image: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial"></P>
<P style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 12px/17px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(51,51,51); VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; WORD-SPACING: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; border-image: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial">Drafted by the Giants in the fifth round out of Illinois, Diehl became an immediate starter at left tackle, and has remained the team's left tackle starter for nine seasons. He has missed only four games to injuries in his career, starting 150 of a possible 154 games. Thus he's not just a good player -- he has been a good player for almost every game for nine years."</P>

Overdrive92
01-31-2012, 11:01 PM
David Turnstile Diehl!?!?

I admit Diehl actually did play pretty well down the stretch and during these Playoffs too. But he did have a couple scary games somewhere around mid-season.

giantsfan420
01-31-2012, 11:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7520525/time-present-tuesday-morning-quarterback-non-quarterback-non-running-back-nfl-mvp

this article is completely wrong and false. "diehl just doesnt allow sacks and pressures" ARE THEY SERIOUS. GMEN0820 has linked to several sources that he is the worst graded lineman in the NFL. thats a joke.

and what does the TMQ acronym mean?

ELIteManning
01-31-2012, 11:21 PM
I laughed quite a bit when I read this earlier today. While Diehl certainly is not a horrible LT he is far from an MVP.

TMQ = Thursday Morning Quarterback ... a segment written on Page 2 of ESPN

jhamburg
01-31-2012, 11:35 PM
I laughed quite a bit when I read this earlier today. While Diehl certainly is not a horrible LT he is far from an MVP.

TMQ is unreadable for me. It's a bunch of incoherent drivel, full of non sequiturs, nonsensical opinions and unfunny distracting nicknames. Did I mention it's not funny at all, ever? Par for the course at ESPN though. I can see why Bill Simmons wanted his own website.

"Four years ago in the first Jersey/A-Flying Elvii Super Bowl" What type of person finds that funny?

ELIteManning
01-31-2012, 11:39 PM

TMQ is unreadable for me. It's a bunch of incoherent drivel, full of non sequiturs, nonsensical opinions and unfunny distracting nicknames. Did I mention it's not funny at all, ever? Par for the course at ESPN though. I can see why Bill Simmons wanted his own website.

"Four years ago in the first Jersey/A-Flying Elvii Super Bowl" What type of person finds that funny?

Yea I am not a fan either. I only stumbled across it today actually because when it first was released it was on the nfl homepage. These guys always seem like they are trying to hard to write articles. It is almost like they are making up a story to write the story.

giantyankee1976
01-31-2012, 11:49 PM
I like David, but c'mon man.

run the Sf tape. Him, K-Mac and Baas straight guilty. Accomplices to the attempted murder of one Easy E Manning.

wado1
02-01-2012, 02:11 AM

EXACTLY, I used to be a fan and read it faithfully but now its just horrible. Its totally unreadable.

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 02:19 AM
I like David, but c'mon man.

run the Sf tape. Him, K-Mac and Baas straight guilty. Accomplices to the attempted murder of one Easy E Manning.

in their defense, 49ers were pretty much doing that to everyone.

I just hope Baas stops snapping the ball at Eli's ankles like he did in NFCCG.

Firenugget
02-01-2012, 05:23 AM
As long as he plays like they claim on Sunday, I don't care what they call him.

netplus
02-01-2012, 07:33 AM
According to PFF, Diehl ranks 76 out of 77 at guard, and 64 out of 76 at tackle. Pass blocking grades are awful.