PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl X-factor player

NYGinIN
02-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Maybe we let Devin Thomas line up in the slot and he can come up unknown and catch a td in the back of the end zone and come up big for us on third down in a stunning and memorial. OMG. so 07!

nygsb42champs
02-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Maybe Jerniggan acutally makes a catch this year.

NYGinIN
02-01-2012, 08:39 AM

Him too, even Barden. Just some random ghostly roster occupier. The media will be happy, he'll get book deals, the Giants win, yadda.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 08:44 AM
I could see Beckum having a huge game.

NYGinIN
02-01-2012, 08:54 AM
I could see Beckum having a huge game.

I'll take it

Cool Papa B.
02-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Something keeps telling me Jake Ballard will have a great game. His jnee is much better now and I can see him making huge catches and blocks all game long.

lttaylor56
02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Beckum's a def possibility.
I don't like that Mannigham was kind of calling out the Pat's wide receiver who plays defensive back. Don't give them anything to thrive on.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't like that Mannigham was kind of calling out the Pat's wide receiver who plays defensive back. Don't give them anything to thrive on.

Cruz was as well and I don't blame them. If I'm a receiver, I'd love to be covered by the "stunt" guy if you think you can beat him.

I've watched Edelman cover ... he's ok against a bad third receiver, but Cruz, Manningham and Nicks should all be able to burn him pretty badly.

I'm thinking they use Edelman as a decoy for some over/under coverage (especially on Cruz).

NYGinIN
02-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Something keeps telling me Jake Ballard will have a great game. His jnee is much better now and I can see him making huge catches and blocks all game long.

He's 85, it makes sense.

NYGinIN
02-01-2012, 09:13 AM

Cruz was as well and I don't blame them. If I'm a receiver, I'd love to be covered by the "stunt" guy if you think you can beat him.

Yeah, Edelman won't be on anyone alone the whole game. He'll get safety help which still opens up other possibilities. Have to double nicks, cruz, and now another because of Edelman -- but, Edelman is serviceable, he's not that bad.

I've watched Edelman cover ... he's ok against a bad third receiver, but Cruz, Manningham and Nicks should all be able to burn him pretty badly.

I'm thinking they use Edelman as a decoy for some over/under coverage (especially on Cruz).

NYGinIN
02-01-2012, 09:14 AM

Yeah, Edelman won't be on anyone alone the whole game. He'll get safety help which still opens up other possibilities. Have to double nicks, cruz, and now another because of Edelman -- but, Edelman is serviceable, he's not that bad.

Cool Papa B.
02-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Agreed. Edelman isn't as bad as many people are making him out to be.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Agreed. Edelman isn't as bad as many people are making him out to be.

I agree as well ... however he's not the guy who's going to cover the 1500 yard receiver with any success imo.

lttaylor56
02-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Using him as a decoy with over/under coverage makes sense. We'll see how beatable Edelman is. On a long route, if the safeties bite, that would add up to at least double coverage...leaving our other wr's with a manageable 1 on coverage. We'll take that.

GameTime
02-01-2012, 09:43 AM
I have a feeling Hynoski or Jacobs gets more involved in the passing game. maybe 4 to 5 touches for one of them. </P>

As far as Edleman. I hope that they dont make an effort to game planfor this too heavilyso to speak. If it is then Eli may try to force things. Hopefully Eli goes through his reads and passes to the white shirt that has the most distance from a a blue shirt. You know.....just play the game and make the plays that are available. If he focuses too much on trying to burn Edlemen thenthe offensewill miss out on other opportunities for sure. </P>

87Spider91
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
No jeers please. I see/feel Baas stepping it up enough to maybe put us over the edge.

miked1958
02-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Maybe Jerniggan acutally makes a catch this year. Him too, even Barden. Just some random ghostly roster occupier. The media will be happy, he'll get book deals, the Giants win, yadda.</P>

Yes i can see Eli using any of them to gain an advantage. 07 Tyree stepped out of the shadows and became the HERO. This year you guys are right. Could be JJ, Thomas, Beckum or even Barden if he is Active. </P>

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 09:50 AM
No jeers please. I see/feel Baas stepping it up enough to maybe put us over the edge.

From your lips to God's ears.

RonJon
02-01-2012, 09:57 AM

Him too, even Barden. Just some random ghostly roster occupier. The media will be happy, he'll get book deals, the Giants win, yadda.

Don't think Barden will be active. He hasn't been since the Jet game

titwio
02-01-2012, 10:04 AM

Anyone else notice that when Jernigan does play receiver, he runs the same 5 yard crossing route every time? I think the Giants are 0-3 trying to get him the ball on it.

It's like the DJ Ware play where he splits out wide and you know it's a quick screen. Defenses already seem to know where the ball is going whenever those players are lined up.

NYGinIN
02-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Anyone else notice that when Jernigan does play receiver, he runs the same 5 yard crossing route every time? I think the Giants are 0-3 trying to get him the ball on it.

It's like the DJ Ware play where he splits out wide and you know it's a quick screen. Defenses already seem to know where the ball is going whenever those players are lined up.

HEY, be nice. It's the only one he knows.

miked1958
02-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Maybe Jerniggan acutally makes a catch this year. Anyone else notice that when Jernigan does play receiver, he runs the same 5 yard crossing route every time? I think the Giants are 0-3 trying to get him the ball on it. It's like the DJ Ware play where he splits out wide and you know it's a quick screen. Defenses already seem to know where the ball is going whenever those players are lined up.</P>

True.. But even if someone odd lines up like a beckum, JJ or Thomas they cant really over account for them. They will get 1 on 1 coverage. They are not going to DT a guy like that. They have to consentrate their D on the BIG 3 guys. So Eli could use these guys to KILL the Pats Secondary providing they can beat the guy picking them up. However do you think the Pats play much Zone???</P>

titwio
02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
HEY, be nice. It's the only one he knows.

I'm sure he knows more but the Giants are just being conservative with him. I watched him at Troy rip up the slot.

I think his role will expand a lot next year but for now their still trying to get a better feel for what they have in him.

justice
02-01-2012, 10:14 AM
X_Factor will be our Run Game and our O-Line. These twolements must be able to run the ball, make them respect our run and keep ELI upright.</P>

on a side note--Jacobs makes me sick the way he runs the ball. On NFL Network Jerry Rice basically stated that Jacobs runs soft. </P>

titwio
02-01-2012, 10:33 AM
However do you think the Pats play much Zone???</P>

What was weird was in the Jets game, JJ played one snap and Revis covered him on a 1-1 and Eli tried to get it to him while Revis just slow trailed him and knocked it away easily...pretty much like he knew the route and probably saw it on film.

In the SB I don't know what NE is going to throw at the Giants. I don't think they can play man with the Giants WR's so it probably will be more zone than anything IMO.