PDA

View Full Version : Are the Giants Overconfident?

RonJon
02-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Brimming with confidence is great. But the Patriots are quietly putting together what they feel is a great game plan in the background and Bellichick has been more cheerful than I ever remember this week. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us Sunday

Ruttiger711
02-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Brimming with confidence is great. But the Patriots are quietly putting together what they feel is a great game plan in the background and Bellichick has been more cheerful than I ever remember this week. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us Sunday</P>

I've heard on the radio that Bellichek is uncharacteristically chipper and jokey... </P>

.... maybe not the best time to change the way you do things.</P>

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Brimming with confidence is great. But the Patriots are quietly putting together what they feel is a great game plan in the background and Bellichick has been more cheerful than I ever remember this week. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us Sunday

Shhhh you'll be called a Pats fan by the Fan Gestapo.

*looks around furtively and goose steps away quickly*

P.S. - I hate when the analysts pick us.

NYG4ME
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Brimming with confidence is great. But the Patriots are quietly putting together what they feel is a great game plan in the background and Bellichick has been more cheerful than I ever remember this week. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us Sunday</p>

I've heard on the radio that Bellichek is uncharacteristically chipper and jokey... </p>

.... maybe not the best time to change the way you do things.</p>

Maybe he got some butt...You guys read to much into things. Tom Coughlin was all smiles during one of his pressers. If I was in the biggest game of the year I would happy too.

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
For all we know Bellicheck doesn't feel comndant but is trying to give a brave face going into battle .. We are reading too much into this . We have no idea whats going on during the practice.

But I find it ironic that we are worried about the Giants being overconfidant , but than are using Bellijerk joking around as an example of the Big blue being over confidant ? Bellijerk hasn't been om our staff fort a long time now ? Just saying

ny06
02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
The Giants are and should be confident. </P>

You say the Patriots are quietly putting together a great game plan, you don't think the Giants are as well?</P>

Since the Super Bowl hoopla began the patriots seem to be something there not. </P>

First Tom Brady inviting 25,000 fans to wish them good luck for the Super Bowl. </P>

Second the Patriots wearing all black for the plane trip to Indy. (We did that in 07, kind of cheesy to replicate it)</P>

My point is I think the Giants are in the Patriots heads...</P>

gfl21213
02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
perhaps hes whistling past the graveyard

justice
02-01-2012, 10:21 AM
The Giants are and should be confident. </P>

You say the Patriots are quietly putting together a great game plan, you don't think the Giants are as well?</P>

Since the Super Bowl hoopla began the patriots seem to be something there not. </P>

First Tom Brady inviting 25,000 fans to wish them good luck for the Super Bowl. </P>

Second the Patriots wearing all black for the plane trip to Indy. (We did that in 07, kind of cheesy to replicate it)</P>

My point is I think the Giants are in the Patriots heads...</P>

</P>

Good point. The way to beat Brady is to hit him and hit him hard. Bradyis good and confident. But heis tall and frail. Hit him a couple of times and you are in his head.</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 10:24 AM

the fans are

i doubt the players are...

egyptian420
02-01-2012, 10:24 AM
I definitely feel the same way; I made a post about it last night.

I don't think it's going to affect the game, I just see us as the better team and this stuff doesn't really matter (eg. JPP predicting a win and us winning).....Despite all this, I still don't really like it...gives me bad vibes

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Define overconfidence

I always consider that to involve a degree of recklessness and brash foresight.

Giants believe they can win as they should. They've always taken it one team/one week at a time.

buddy33
02-01-2012, 10:31 AM
I don't know what they have said that would make you think that way. I mean I would like the WR's to stop talking about a WR covering them because I'm afraid it could come back to bite them.

I think fans are confident and listening to the radio a lot of people are picking the Giants. I think people are worried because they like it better when the world is against them.

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 10:35 AM
JPP predicted a win , so did Namath and Plaxico .... You should not being going to the sb expecting to lose ...
I don't want these guys playing tight ... That is far worse than being confidant

Now I will adnit beting them in the rerular season kind of scares me , but really if things are equal and we don't have any turnovers ,.... I will not say it to avoid ther jinxk....

NYDestroyer
02-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Confidence comes and go quickly in the NFL. It was confidence because of the performance of the Giants returning players from injuries that help the Giants get to where they are now. If the Giants Pass Rush don't get to Brady and he it throwing the ball all over the field scoring touchdowns, you can expect the giants confidence to start to drop real fast. Have you ever notice how good defenses get pump to play well after the offense score and they get some confidence that they can win the game? Just watch the Falcon vs. Giants playoff game and what happen after the offense score the first touchdown. In the NFL, 95% of players confidence/mentality rely on how well teammates perform and 5% is couching and everything else. It's a mental game that require mental toughness, confidence and perpetration to perform well.

buddy33
02-01-2012, 10:45 AM
I hope they do get the pressure on the QB that they have been. The Patriots OL is very good.

nygsb42champs
02-01-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't think they are overconfident. They have a form belief that they can win.

AllHailEli
02-01-2012, 10:51 AM
They have been confident throughout this postseason, why change now? Was JPP overconfident when he guaranteed a win against the Packers? Was Tuck overconfident calling the Falcons' O-line dirtbags? If so, I want the same thing. I'd rather have it than fall to the fawning the Patriots have been doing for the Giants. This ain't Pro Bowl, this is Super Bowl! How is keeping quiet working out for the Pats anyway? In 2007, Plax quoted the final score. Last year, the Jets trash talked them and proceeded to beat them.

Dover Giant
02-01-2012, 10:52 AM
The giants match up well and the magic of Bellichick is directionally proportionate to his skill of his players. The idea the he has some secret contact with the football gods is over blown. I think Tom and Eli will keep the G-Men in line and ready for the game

ComeWithMe
02-01-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't think Manning will let them get too inflated. He's already grounded them against how much it sucks to lose the Super Bowl, and they listen to him, so I think they'll bear that in mind.

burier
02-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Brimming with confidence is great. But the Patriots are quietly putting together what they feel is a great game plan in the background and Bellichick has been more cheerful than I ever remember this week. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us Sunday</p>

I've heard on the radio that Bellichek is uncharacteristically chipper and jokey... </p>

.... maybe not the best time to change the way you do things.</p>

Maybe he got some butt...You guys read to much into things. Tom Coughlin was all smiles during one of his pressers. If I was in the biggest game of the year I would happy too.

Im sayin!

None if it matters. The Giants know what needs to be done.

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
TC has been extremely cheerful as well. I'm sure the Pats feel confident as well. I love the Giants confidence and both teams should feel that way -- they both deserve to be there and they've both been in this position recently.

SIMMS5611
02-01-2012, 10:59 AM
The Pats are a bully team, w/a bully coach, &amp; a bully mentality.</P>

Sadly for them, the Giants have smacked that bully in the mouth before....convincingly, too.</P>

I don't think the Giants are overconfident. I just feel they're not intimidated by the whole Brady/Belichick mystique. </P>

At the very least, the Giants know they can hang with the Pats, and something I didn't really think of until someone said it on the radio; aside from the standard NYG fans who went to Indy, the people of Indy are Colts fans, aka Peyton fans, so alot of them are rooting for Peyton's brother...</P>

guardplay320
02-01-2012, 11:02 AM

Shhhh you'll be called a Pats fan by the Fan Gestapo.

*looks around furtively and goose steps away quickly*

P.S. - I hate when the analysts pick us.

I have no issues with people not being all rah rah, but that welkers post thing was ridiculous. A guy with single digit posts coming on and basically calling the Pats offense unstoppable. I've seen people admit on the Pats board that they pretended to be Jets fan on the Jets board for the entire year. I'm sure there is plenty of that going on now. It isn't too hard to tell the difference.

AllHailEli
02-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Bellichick being cheerful doesn't mean a thing. For all we know that's just defense/coping mechanism. He was so serious last time before the Super Bowl, I think the defeat was extremely painful. I doubt they were ready for it, so you have to take this one a little bit in stride. Otherwise, it would be doubly painful once they lose to the Giants again.

buffyblue
02-01-2012, 11:17 AM
I think NY Giants are feeling the same way they have felt for the last five weeks. I think they all realize that New England Patriots are the best team that they will be facing and I think they are prepared for it.

Bill Bellichek having that smug grin all week is telling me that he is sure that he has the game plan to slow NY Giants down and win. This is going to be a great game but I think NY Giants win by 17 points. I think it will be close till about midway through the 3rd quarter and then NY Giants will pull away.

I bELIeve.