PDA

View Full Version : If Mario Leaves....Jacobs may know the replacement

Connor
02-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Granted he did not say that exact thing but what he did say is that he does not see Plax returning to Jets next season, and he could very well see him returning to NYG next year.

Not to beat a dead horse but of all the "if mario leaves" and talk of him leaving and differnt names to fill the spot, not one has brought this up.

We saw him play well this year against Jets, was not dominant in any way and I know we shut him down but next year would you be against him coming back if Mario departs?

link
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/brandon-jacobs-time-giants-give-plaxico-burress-shot-article-1.1015001

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I'd be surprised if the Giants didn't take a look at Steve Smith again.

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I am not against the idea of Plax wearing blue again, but I wouldn't want to sign him simply as a replacement for Mario as he is not.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Granted he did not say that exact thing but what he did say is that he does not see Plax returning to Jets next season, and he could very well see him returning to NYG next year.

Not to beat a dead horse but of all the "if mario leaves" and talk of him leaving and differnt names to fill the spot, not one has brought this up.

We saw him play well this year against Jets, was not dominant in any way and I know we shut him down but next year would you be against him coming back if Mario departs?

link
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/brandon-jacobs-time-giants-give-plaxico-burress-shot-article-1.1015001

i think mario is as good as gone... Plax got a real wake up with Rex Ryan. HE finally got everything he wanted out of a coach and came to the realization that it wasn't the way to do things. Now the giants ar ein the superbowl again and he gets to watch on TV.

On the skill of Plax - Sanchez BLEW this year. I can't tell you how many times he missed him in the endzone. They don't throw enough and had to many people to spread the ball to to get Plax's stats up, but he should of been in double digit TDs EASY...

Plax would be a great 3rd option for us. IF the players still want him, it says something to me.

I just don't think Eli wants him back

JesseJames
02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Plax will never be back here especially not as long as TC is still here, the other reason is we don't need him anymore...

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
I am not against the idea of Plax wearing blue again, but I wouldn't want to sign him simply as a replacement for Mario as he is not.

I'd never want to see Plax in a Giants uniform again and I hate the fact that he was allowed in the building (wearing green or not).

I'll never forgive him for derailing our 2008 season with shear stupidity.

He's literally too stupid to play football.

nihan87
02-01-2012, 11:34 AM
I'd say continue to move on...from him and Smith. Eli has a great thing going with Nicks, Cruz and Manningham right now and it would suck to see that change. Granted Mario might leave but we still have Jernigan and Devin Thomas in the wings.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Plax will never be back here especially not as long as TC is still here, the other reason is we don't need him anymore...

having 3 rec's is a MAJOR plus for us...

IT makes us one of the most potent offenses in the league

nygsb42champs
02-01-2012, 11:38 AM
I do not want to see Plax back here. That ship has sailed.

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 11:43 AM

I'd never want to see Plax in a Giants uniform again and I hate the fact that he was allowed in the building (wearing green or not).

Well you should also thank him for a trophy in 2007 too. I understand why people don't want him on the Giants from a current maturity/intellect standpoint. It's 100% valid.

However, I think too many of you are still holding on too tightly to that shooting incident. He's not the plight of the franchise.

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
If MM doesn't return next year, which is highly likely, then maybe we could get both Plax AND Smith back as 3rd and 4th WRs. They'd both be cheap and maybe one of them can actually still play when they come back to a better teams whose system they know.</P>

My first preference would be keeping MM, but he's going to be too expensive.</P>

bigal1giant
02-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm still not convinced Manningham is a lock to be gone next year. IMHO he's made good strides in running more precise routes and is a very big asset when other teams want to double Nicks and Cruz! There are some other money guys that might go before him. I suspect Reese is already thinking about ways to keep all three guys in Giants Blue!!! I, for one, hope he can!

whakka
02-01-2012, 11:50 AM
i dont like the idea of plax being back. and i really dont think eli does either which is a deal breaker.

GmenNyg
02-01-2012, 11:51 AM
I think were already one of the most potent offenses now without Plax.

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 11:54 AM
With this year's FA class of wide receivers, it may be easier to bring Manningham back than it would have other years. Maybe he plays it out by signing a lucrative short term deal with the Giants that won't conflict with their attempts to resign Cruz/Nicks in their upcoming free agency period.

A billion and one things can occur from the Free Agents the Giants decide to resign/let go, along with players they decide to cut, trade or restructure.

He still is the toughest resign for the Giants, but I don't want to call it a sure thing he will be gone.

buddy33
02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
They drafted JJ and they will draft another WR before they take back Burress. Do you really think Eli wants him back?

I can see Smith back on the team before I can see Burress back.

I do hope there is a way to keep Manningham.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 11:58 AM

Well you should also thank him for a trophy in 2007 too. I understand why people don't want him on the Giants from a current maturity/intellect standpoint. It's 100% valid.

However, I think too many of you are still holding on too tightly to that shooting incident. He's not the plight of the franchise.

Hey I love what he did for the Giants.

But he's also responsible for derailing one of the best Giants teams I've ever seen and I'm a petty bastage who will never let go of that.

Of all the friggin stupid things to do.

I mean seriously ... bring a gun to a club ... in NYC of all places ... loaded ... chambered .... ****ed ... safety off ... in your pants .... no holster ... shoot yourself.

I mean I'm not sure you can be that dumb on purpose.

It defies 27 million years of primate evolution.

He might literally have brought the entire human species back to the point of the last extinction event single handedly.

Too much?

GIANTSACK

link

CRuz makes Eli look better.. Eli makes mario look better .. Mario may have a hard time as a #1 Wr with a ryan fitz or any other avg QB.. Eli can make alot of WR in the nfl richer if he threw to them .. beside cruz who can straight up ball and snag the ball in the air.. i believe Eli will be succesfull with nick cruz and who ever the giants org trust to throw in the 3ed spot.. Hoping jernigan pans out or thomas...

GIANTSACK

link

CRuz makes Eli look better.. Eli makes mario look better .. Mario may have a hard time as a #1 Wr with a ryan fitz or any other avg QB.. Eli can make alot of WR in the nfl richer if he threw to them .. beside cruz who can straight up ball and snag the ball in the air.. i believe Eli will be succesfull with nick cruz and who ever the giants org trust to throw in the 3ed spot.. Hoping jernigan pans out or thomas...

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 12:15 PM
With this year's FA class of wide receivers, it may be easier to bring Manningham back than it would have other years. Maybe he plays it out by signing a lucrative short term deal with the Giants that won't conflict with their attempts to resign Cruz/Nicks in their upcoming free agency period. A billion and one things can occur from the Free Agents the Giants decide to resign/let go, along with players they decide to cut, trade or restructure. He still is the toughest resign for the Giants, but I don't want to call it a sure thing he will be gone.</P>

I hope you're right, but he really is # 2 caliber WRwho is now # 3 on our depth chart. Someone else will offer him much more money. We still have others that we'll need to take care of soon like JPP and Cruz, and improve the OL. Believe me, I hope you're right because I'd love to keep this trio together.</P>

jomo
02-01-2012, 12:17 PM

link
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/brandon-jacobs-time-giants-give-plaxico-burress-shot-article-1.1015001What did Plax, not Plex, do this year that would lead you to believe that he could help us next year when he is another year older?

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:17 PM
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2009/04/plaxico-burress-superbowl-championship.jpg

as much as i hate him, i still want him back at times

:(

im like a beaten ex girlfriend who still wants the same meth dealing scumbag back

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 12:27 PM
With this year's FA class of wide receivers, it may be easier to bring Manningham back than it would have other years. Maybe he plays it out by signing a lucrative short term deal with the Giants that won't conflict with their attempts to resign Cruz/Nicks in their upcoming free agency period. A billion and one things can occur from the Free Agents the Giants decide to resign/let go, along with players they decide to cut, trade or restructure. He still is the toughest resign for the Giants, but I don't want to call it a sure thing he will be gone.</P>

I hope you're right, but he really is # 2 caliber WR*who is now # 3 on our depth chart.* Someone else will offer him much more money.* We still have others that we'll need to take care of soon like JPP and Cruz, and improve the OL.* Believe me, I hope you're right because I'd love to keep this trio together.</P>

Well I like to try and be a bit altruistic in thinking that money isn't the ONLY factor in signing elsewhere. What if he gets offered #1 money for 5 years in Cleveland, [in his native state] with no QB or promise of playoffs let alone a championship. I think #2 money for a year or two in NY with Eli Manning, with the potential to earn even more in a more favorable WR free agency in the future sounds better, no?

ShakeNBake
02-01-2012, 12:28 PM

link

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 12:29 PM

But he's also responsible for derailing one of the best Giants teams I've ever seen and I'm a petty bastage who will never let go of that.

I mean seriously ... bring a gun to a club ... in NYC of all places ... loaded ... chambered .... ****ed ... safety off ... in your pants .... no holster ... shoot yourself.

He might literally have brought the entire human species back to the point of the last extinction event single handedly.

Too much?

So not plight of a franchise, but plight of the human race? While there may be a degree sarcasm in your post, I'm sure it reflects the burden you carry with you of 08. Tell me one thing, when we win this Sunday, will it make it go away just a little?

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:35 PM

Too much?

So not plight of a franchise, but plight of the human race? While there may be a degree sarcasm in your post, I'm sure it reflects the burden you carry with you of 08. Tell me one thing, when we win this Sunday, will it make it go away just a little?

ehh hard to say it will

But I think there is a reality that we're not facing. Team who were hot when we were in 08 typically burn out by the superbowl.

But if u truly believe that we woudl of won it that year, then it even burns alittle more knowing that if we win this week it should of been our 5th ring

giantsfan420
02-01-2012, 12:39 PM

+1

i dunno if u were around week 9 when we faced the pats, but i actually talked with steve smiths agent.
what had happened is i won a contest smith had on his facebook page when he was a giant. i won, so i had to send a jersey to the address and smith would sign it. well i didnt have a jersy so i thought id play it cool and wait a month or so until enough time passed by. i was informed i won through an email, and the email had the agents personal info in like the footer. i called the number expecting to have to leave a msg, but surprisingly he picked up/

he sent me an authentic gameday worn steve smith jersey signed. but we were talking and his agent, whom i am now facebook friends with, was saying how happy he was for the giants and how awful smith felt about signing with philly. we discussed things for like 30 minutes before I asked him "MM is a free agent next year and we may need another wr, what do you think?"
And his reply was "steve smith WILL be a giant next year. i cannot get into why I know but I know." He was saying that both parties, smith and the giants felt horrible about what happened, and that they both want smith to become a giant again.

remember, he had 109 receptions most in giants history for a season. he has the most 3rd down conversions in 09. he made the probowl. he was always on the same page as eli, and he was a master of double moves.

granted we have cruz now, but smith offers a slightly different skill set being that he is or was at least one of the best possession receivers in the league.

but yeah, smiths agent was so ****ing nice and i couldnt believe it. i was skeptical but he told me to visit his website and his clients, and hes got a ton of top tier nfl players. guy is simply the man.

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 12:40 PM

Too much?

ehh hard to say it will

But I think there is a reality that we're not facing. Team who were hot when we were in 08 typically burn out by the superbowl.

But if u truly believe that we woudl of won it that year, then it even burns* alittle more knowing that if we win this week it should of been our 5th ring

To play devil's advocate, would we have Hakeem Nicks, an integral piece in us getting here today, if we never lost Plax? Winning just one playoff game that season would have landed us behind Titans, who surely would have taken him before Britt, who seems to be even dumber than Plax.

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 12:40 PM
I am not against the idea of Plax wearing blue again, but I wouldn't want to sign him simply as a replacement for Mario as he is not. I'd never want to see Plax in a Giants uniform again and I hate the fact that he was allowed in the building (wearing green or not). I'll never forgive him for derailing our 2008 season with shear stupidity. He's literally too stupid to play football. Well you should also thank him for a trophy in 2007 too. I understand why people don't want him on the Giants from a current maturity/intellect standpoint. It's 100% valid. However, I think too many of you are still holding on too tightly to that shooting incident. He's not the plight of the franchise. Hey I love what he did for the Giants. But he's also responsible for derailing one of the best Giants teams I've ever seen and I'm a petty bastage who will never let go of that. Of all the friggin stupid things to do. I mean seriously ... bring a gun to a club ... in NYC of all places ... loaded ... chambered .... ****ed ... safety off ... in your pants .... no holster ... shoot yourself. I mean I'm not sure you can be that dumb on purpose. It defies 27 million years of primate evolution. He might literally have brought the entire human species back to the point of the last extinction event single handedly. Too much? So not plight of a franchise, but plight of the human race? While there may be a degree sarcasm in your post, I'm sure it reflects the burden you carry with you of 08. Tell me one thing, when we win this Sunday, will it make it go away just a little?

ehh hard to say it will

But if u truly believe that we woudl of won it that year, then it even burns alittle more knowing that if we win this week it should of been our 5th ring
</P>

Plax let the team down in '08. While I absolutely believe that the Giants were the best team in '08, even if Plax was still around I don't believe that we would have won the SB because the D was looking exhausted by the end of the year. Strahan retiring and Osi being out with an injury for the season really hurt.</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:43 PM

+1

i dunno if u were around week 9 when we faced the pats, but i actually talked with steve smiths agent.
what had happened is i won a contest smith had on his facebook page when he was a giant. i won, so i had to send a jersey to the address and smith would sign it. well i didnt have a jersy so i thought id play it cool and wait a month or so until enough time passed by. i was informed i won through an email, and the email had the agents personal info in like the footer. i called the number expecting to have to leave a msg, but surprisingly he picked up/

he sent me an authentic gameday worn steve smith jersey signed. but we were talking and his agent, whom i am now facebook friends with, was saying how happy he was for the giants and how awful smith felt about signing with philly. we discussed things for like 30 minutes before I asked him "MM is a free agent next year and we may need another wr, what do you think?"
And his reply was "steve smith WILL be a giant next year. i cannot get into why I know but I know." He was saying that both parties, smith and the giants felt horrible about what happened, and that they both want smith to become a giant again.

remember, he had 109 receptions most in giants history for a season. he has the most 3rd down conversions in 09. he made the probowl. he was always on the same page as eli, and he was a master of double moves.

granted we have cruz now, but smith offers a slightly different skill set being that he is or was at least one of the best possession receivers in the league.

but yeah, smiths agent was so ****ing nice and i couldnt believe it. i was skeptical but he told me to visit his website and his clients, and hes got a ton of top tier nfl players. guy is simply the man.

god I hope so... i have a black and red authentic jersey i bought last year and barely used cuz it was so tight... then he dind't resign, i was pissed

it was weird because before the second eagles game Schefter reported the same thing.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:45 PM

Too much?

ehh hard to say it will

To play devil's advocate, would we have Hakeem Nicks, an integral piece in us getting here today, if we never lost Plax? Winning just one playoff game that season would have landed us behind Titans, who surely would have taken him before Britt, who seems to be even dumber than Plax.

great point

and I would like to say absolutely not, but Plax was getting older and more broken down and Reese is a BPA drafter. We had also just lost Toomer - so we may have

but i would say probably not

all i know is im SOOO happy we have Hakeem Nicks

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I am not against the idea of Plax wearing blue again, but I wouldn't want to sign him simply as a replacement for Mario as he is not. I'd never want to see Plax in a Giants uniform again and I hate the fact that he was allowed in the building (wearing green or not). I'll never forgive him for derailing our 2008 season with shear stupidity. He's literally too stupid to play football. Well you should also thank him for a trophy in 2007 too. I understand why people don't want him on the Giants from a current maturity/intellect standpoint. It's 100% valid. However, I think too many of you are still holding on too tightly to that shooting incident. He's not the plight of the franchise. Hey I love what he did for the Giants. But he's also responsible for derailing one of the best Giants teams I've ever seen and I'm a petty bastage who will never let go of that. Of all the friggin stupid things to do. I mean seriously ... bring a gun to a club ... in NYC of all places ... loaded ... chambered .... ****ed ... safety off ... in your pants .... no holster ... shoot yourself. I mean I'm not sure you can be that dumb on purpose. It defies 27 million years of primate evolution. He might literally have brought the entire human species back to the point of the last extinction event single handedly. Too much? So not plight of a franchise, but plight of the human race? While there may be a degree sarcasm in your post, I'm sure it reflects the burden you carry with you of 08. Tell me one thing, when we win this Sunday, will it make it go away just a little?

ehh hard to say it will

</p>

Plax let the team down in '08. While I absolutely believe that the Giants were the best team in '08, even if Plax was still around I don't believe that we would have won the SB because the D was looking exhausted by the end of the year. Strahan retiring and Osi being out with an injury for the season really hurt.</p>

I agree and its nice to think we would have and its easy to blame plax... but I can't say confidently anymore that we would have...

There is one truth to the NFL: Each season is two seasons within itself.

But I def think we would of at least beat the Eagles.... what would of happened after that is up in the air

Kruunch

Too much?

Nothing will ever make it go away except a time machine and a punch to the face.

But I will (and already do) cherish this year like all of our winning years past.

Kruunch
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2009/04/plaxico-burress-superbowl-championship.jpg

im like a beaten ex girlfriend who still wants the same meth dealing scumbag back

That's what I like about you .... explaining things in terms I can understand.

Dover Giant
02-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I believe in second chances but I think TC has the kind of lockeroom he likes. Men that do their job get back in the huddle and do their job again. Plax is a distraction and would take the roster spot of a young prospect.

Kase-1
02-01-2012, 12:49 PM

Too much?

ehh hard to say it will

great point

and I would like to say absolutely not, but Plax was getting older and more broken down and Reese is a BPA drafter. We had also just lost Toomer - so we may have

Me and my boys were talking about this yesterday. If Plax didnt shoot himself we probably wouldnt have looked at Nicks. At the time we had Smith who was coming off one of his best seasons, we had Plax playing the best ball of his career and even Hixon was doing great.

Thank you for shooting yourself Plax, if you didnt we may not have Nicks, Manningham, or JPP

That being said, I hope Plax NEVER returns

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 12:50 PM

+1

Ummm wow.

From your lips to God's ears.

I'd love to see SS back in a Giants uniform. The combination of Nicks, Cruz, Smith would be flat out disgusting.

But I don't buy the agent's line about Smith feeling bad about what happened (if that's what he said) since Smith never returned the Giants' initial offer. He got the Philly offer and just left. That's a little mind boggling to me.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Too much?

ehh hard to say it will

great point

Me and my boys were talking about this yesterday. If Plax didnt shoot himself we probably wouldnt have looked at Nicks. At the time we had Smith who was coming off one of his best seasons, we had Plax playing the best ball of his career and even Hixon was doing great.

Thank you for shooting yourself Plax, if you didnt we may not have Nicks, Manningham, or JPP

yea but Giants stay true to BPA... Plax was wearing down.

Its hard to relaly answer seeing as how plax had no second half of the season, because the first half was not too good for him.

I mean we may of all been like WTF (like we have at the DE position with Kiwi and JPP - god were we wrong) but either way, Hakeem holds a special place in my heart: it was the day i met you [{]

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:53 PM

+1

Ummm wow.

I'd love to see SS back in a Giants uniform. The combination of Nicks, Cruz, Smith would be flat out disgusting.

Honestly - hard to say that it would be better than what we had this year...

but I def think that was a shady IR by the Eagles - bone bruise? How many players get IR'd for bone bruise? And a week after SChefter reported that Smith will be back with the Giants?

SweetZombieJesus
02-01-2012, 12:53 PM
This is all you need to know.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/images/uploads/plax.jpg

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I believe in second chances but I think TC has the kind of lockeroom he likes. Men that do their job get back in the huddle and do their job again. Plax is a distraction and would take the roster spot of a young prospect.

I think Plax would have to come hat in hand...

I could see plax being a different person after a year of dealing with the Jets

may of truly opened his eyes.

Jail may not have as much, cuz well lets face it, he did get screwed over with a 2 year sentence - but if hes back he would have to convince Eli and COughlin. So if hes here that means they are okay with it and so should all of us

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:55 PM

That's what I like about you .... explaining things in terms I can understand.]

i like to keep it eloquent yo!

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:56 PM
This is all you need to know.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/images/uploads/plax.jpg

wow i've never seen that pic before

took my breath away for a half second

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 12:57 PM

+1

Ummm wow.

but I def think that was a shady IR by the Eagles - bone bruise? How many players get IR'd for bone bruise? And a week after SChefter reported that Smith will be back with the Giants?

Sort of like us IRing Cruz last year?

I don't have a doubt that Smith will be able to physically do what he did before. His biggest asset was as a possession receiver (not something Philly really tries to utilize).

And I definitely think SS > MM (not a slight on MM because he's been damn good for us).

nihan87
02-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I am not against the idea of Plax wearing blue again, but I wouldn't want to sign him simply as a replacement for Mario as he is not. I'd never want to see Plax in a Giants uniform again and I hate the fact that he was allowed in the building (wearing green or not). I'll never forgive him for derailing our 2008 season with shear stupidity. He's literally too stupid to play football. Well you should also thank him for a trophy in 2007 too. I understand why people don't want him on the Giants from a current maturity/intellect standpoint. It's 100% valid. However, I think too many of you are still holding on too tightly to that shooting incident. He's not the plight of the franchise. Hey I love what he did for the Giants. But he's also responsible for derailing one of the best Giants teams I've ever seen and I'm a petty bastage who will never let go of that. Of all the friggin stupid things to do. I mean seriously ... bring a gun to a club ... in NYC of all places ... loaded ... chambered .... ****ed ... safety off ... in your pants .... no holster ... shoot yourself. I mean I'm not sure you can be that dumb on purpose. It defies 27 million years of primate evolution. He might literally have brought the entire human species back to the point of the last extinction event single handedly. Too much?</P>

</P>

&lt;3 Thank you for saying everything I wanted to say about that incident. </P>

Absolute moron! (plax)</P>

Kase-1
02-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Too much?

ehh hard to say it will

great point

Its hard to relaly answer seeing as how plax had no second half of the season, because the first half was not too good for him.

I mean we may of all been like WTF (like we have at the DE position with Kiwi and JPP - god were we wrong) but either way, Hakeem holds a special place in my heart: it was the day i met you [{]
Plax was at the or just about to reach the climax of his career, he wasnt on the decline by any means. (Dont talk about practice cause he's the AI of the NFL, dude straight up doesnt practice)

Maybe YOU were wrong on Kiwi, I never lost faith in the guy.

Prince Hakeem is one of the best Giants WRs Ive ever seen and the guy is flat out amazing, Im not gonna take anything away from him if anything I gotta eat crow bout him, I was wrong and wanted Britt (he's a local kid who went to Rutgers.... And eventually got arrested countless times)

...The day I met you will go down in history, LOL [}]

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:00 PM

+1

Ummm wow.

Sort of like us IRing Cruz last year?

I don't have a doubt that Smith will be able to physically do what he did before. His biggest asset was as a possession receiver (not something Philly really tries to utilize).

And I definitely think SS &gt; MM (not a slight on MM because he's been damn good for us).

true... that sif both sides are healthy

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:05 PM

Too much?

ehh hard to say it will

great point

Plax was at the or just about to reach the climax of his career, he wasnt on the decline by any means. (Dont talk about practice cause he's the AI of the NFL, dude straight up doesnt practice)

Prince Hakeem is one of the best Giants WRs Ive ever seen and the guy is flat out amazing, Im not gonna take anything away from him if anything I gotta eat crow bout him, I was wrong and wanted Britt (he's a local kid who went to Rutgers.... And eventually got arrested countless times)

Physically I think thats up for debate. BArely was practicing, wasn't putting up stats to start 08, was breaking down. A case could be made if the played the whole season like that and we had Hakeem Nicks that high up on the board that we could of still went that route.

If your going to draft Kiwi when you have Strahan, Tuck, and Osi and if your going to draft JPP when you have Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi - i think its safe to say that we very well may have drafted Nicks if we had Plax and Smith. Im not saying definitly, im saying knowing Reese- he stays true to his draft board

And it wasn't that I didnt like the Kiwi pick, it was just that we had some holes and we had 2-3 DEs at that time already. Tuck hadn't broken out then and was banged up early but the giants wouldn't let him go, so it was just confusing.

I still believe that if Strahan didn't win the superbowl in 07 he may of played in 08 and maybe 09....

And hey u weren't too off on Britt. You didn't to a mental analysis of him to know hes a ****in nut bag. Skill wise you were on. he was VERY underrated. he had nobody throwing hi mteh ball and he was making plays.

lol

nycisgreat
02-01-2012, 01:28 PM

As much as I like Plax, I can't see him coming back to the Giatns either while Coughlin is still here.

Also, I can't see another team that would oofer Manningham a big contract. He is good wr, but he drops to many balls and give up on routes to easily. I think this guy will be back with the Giants next season unless he plans on playing for Tampa or Jacksonville.

CDN_G-FAN
02-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I'd be surprised if the Giants didn't take a look at Steve Smith again.</P>

i see steve smith WAY before i see Plax coming back.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Plax will never be back here especially not as long as TC is still here, the other reason is we don't need him anymore... As much as I like Plax, I can't see him coming back to the Giatns either while Coughlin is still here. Also, I can't see another team that would oofer Manningham a big contract. He is good wr, but he drops to many balls and give up on routes to easily. I think this guy will be back with the Giants next season unless he plans on playing for Tampa or Jacksonville.</P>

i think the guys in SF would be pretty anxious to give him a healthy raise.......</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Plax will never be back here especially not as long as TC is still here, the other reason is we don't need him anymore... As much as I like Plax, I can't see him coming back to the Giatns either while Coughlin is still here. Also, I can't see another team that would oofer Manningham a big contract. He is good wr, but he drops to many balls and give up on routes to easily. I think this guy will be back with the Giants next season unless he plans on playing for Tampa or Jacksonville.</p>

i think the guys in SF would be pretty anxious to give him a healthy raise.......</p>

absolutely

Their cap is questionable... word is that they are going after Grimes CB from ATL and they still have to resign Smith

but this is the sickest FA class of WR ever in the history of the NFL

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/fa/wr.html

BigBlue D
02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I agree with the Steve Smith Comments. I think we will give him more of a shot than Plax. Smith will make us more of a complete WR corp, if/when we lose MM. Nicks is a younger more talented version of Plax.

Kase-1
02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Plax will never be back here especially not as long as TC is still here, the other reason is we don't need him anymore... As much as I like Plax, I can't see him coming back to the Giatns either while Coughlin is still here. Also, I can't see another team that would oofer Manningham a big contract. He is good wr, but he drops to many balls and give up on routes to easily. I think this guy will be back with the Giants next season unless he plans on playing for Tampa or Jacksonville.</p>

i think the guys in SF would be pretty anxious to give him a healthy raise.......</p>

absolutely

Their cap is questionable... word is that they are going after Grimes CB from ATL and they still have to resign Smith

There are a TON of excellent WRs but I dont see us going after one of the big names if we let The Ham walk.... I would like to see us looking at DJax if we lose Mario

VelocityVirus
02-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I'd rather take a look at giving Ochocinco a chance here before Plaxico.

Kruunch
Physically I think thats up for debate. BArely was practicing, wasn't putting up stats to start 08, was breaking down. A case could be made if the played the whole season like that and we had Hakeem Nicks that high up on the board that we could of still went that route.

If your going to draft Kiwi when you have Strahan, Tuck, and Osi and if your going to draft JPP when you have Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi - i think its safe to say that we very well may have drafted Nicks if we had Plax and Smith.* Im not saying definitly, im saying knowing Reese- he stays true to his draft board

And it wasn't that I didnt like the Kiwi pick, it was just that we had some holes and we had 2-3 DEs at that time already.* Tuck hadn't broken out then and was banged up early but the giants wouldn't let him go, so it was just confusing.

I still believe that if Strahan didn't win the superbowl in 07 he may of played in 08 and maybe 09....

And hey u weren't too off on Britt. You didn't to a mental analysis of him to know hes a ****in nut bag. Skill wise you were on. he was VERY underrated. he had nobody throwing hi mteh ball and he was making plays.

lol

Well we picked the extra DE (Kiwi) at the time (and since) because of the general sentiment of "can never have too many pass rushers" which is a continuation of a long line of thinking stemming back from when George Young worked for the Colts and which the Giants have continued since GY was GM (and on through Accorsi and Reese).

We've never stacked WRs. Furthermore, losing Plax in '08 and then losing the way we did underscored our need for a play making WR, which is why we took both Nicks and Barden in that draft. Had Plax played through '08 I highly doubt we pick up Nicks and most likely we end up with Evander Hood or Louis Delmas (James Laurenitis would have been awesome too but hindsight and all that).

And IIRC Plax scored most of his stats in the first half of that season. Plax was known to fade away in the second half as teams started to double him more.

MattMeyerBud
I agree with the Steve Smith Comments. I think we will give him more of a shot than Plax. Smith will make us more of a complete WR corp, if/when we lose MM. Nicks is a younger more talented version of Plax.

I agree that NIcks is younger and more talented

but im not sure theres ever been a version of Burress in the NFL. His size and athleticism is sick.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM

I agree that NIcks is younger and more talented

but im not sure theres ever been a version of Burress in the NFL. His size and athleticism is sick.

Vjax and Brandon Marshall.

But yeah I agree ... Nicks is NOT comparable to Plax in that regard.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM

absolutely

There are a TON of excellent WRs but I dont see us going after one of the big names if we let The Ham walk.... I would like to see us looking at DJax if we lose Mario

I think Ham is gone. These Smith rumors have come from a couple of diff places.. I think it has some legs. no way we are going with Smith AND Rio, unless we let cRuz go. I think we can all agree that we ain't doing that

DJax is as good as franchise tagged

Kase-1
02-01-2012, 01:43 PM

absolutely

I think Ham is gone. These Smith rumors have come from a couple of diff places.. I think it has some legs. no way we are going with Smith AND Rio, unless we let cRuz go. I think we can all agree that we ain't doing that

DJax is done in philthy, there's no question about that.

I could careless about Smith, I dont want him back either. He left us for our biggest and closest rival.... THE F'N IGGLES!!!! Him and Plax should go to football obscurity in the Pacific NW with the Raiders or Seahawks

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:45 PM

absolutely

I could careless about Smith, I dont want him back either.* He left us for our biggest and closest rival.... THE F'N IGGLES!!!! Him and Plax should go to football obscurity in the Pacific NW with the Raiders or Seahawks

It's odd but I have less of a problem with Smith going to the Eagles then I have with Plax going to jail.

Probably because we beat the Eagles this year and Smith didn't do so well with them.

CDN_G-FAN
02-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Plax will never be back here especially not as long as TC is still here, the other reason is we don't need him anymore... As much as I like Plax, I can't see him coming back to the Giatns either while Coughlin is still here. Also, I can't see another team that would oofer Manningham a big contract. He is good wr, but he drops to many balls and give up on routes to easily. I think this guy will be back with the Giants next season unless he plans on playing for Tampa or Jacksonville.</P>

i think the guys in SF would be pretty anxious to give him a healthy raise.......</P>

absolutely

</P>

smith potentially fills a need which is a great route running true possession receiver.</P>

i loved the fact that he dropped about 1 or two balls a season after being targeted 90+ times.</P>

he doesn't have to get YAC or 80 yard TD receptions. just catch everything thrown your way.</P>

</P>

ryan12
02-01-2012, 01:51 PM
i dont want either of them there alot of free agent wr next year

Kase-1
02-01-2012, 01:52 PM

absolutely

I could careless about Smith, I dont want him back either. He left us for our biggest and closest rival.... THE F'N IGGLES!!!! Him and Plax should go to football obscurity in the Pacific NW with the Raiders or Seahawks

It's odd but I have less of a problem with Smith going to the Eagles then I have with Plax going to jail.

Probably because we beat the Eagles this year and Smith didn't do so well with them.Theyre both done to me, both are examples of plain stupidity. Smith should have chilled out waited a lil bit and stayed here instead of dipping to our most hated rival and constantly whining on facebook about how Giants fans were angry at him for leaving (then again we may not have seen Cruuuuuuuz)

Plax should have hired one of his boys from the old neighborhood who didnt have a job to be his licensed armed security guard so Plax doesnt hold the piece, his boy does, LEGALLY

I hope we dont look at either of those clowns in the offseason

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:00 PM

absolutely

</P>

smith potentially fills a need which is a great route running true possession receiver.</P>

i loved the fact that he dropped about 1 or two balls a season after being targeted 90+ times.</P>

he doesn't have to get YAC or 80 yard TD receptions.* just catch everything thrown your way.</P>

*</P>

That's my thinking as well.

bandwgn86
02-01-2012, 02:02 PM

ehh hard to say it will

great point

get a room you too.. </P>

</P>

Say no to Plax kids</P>

rainierjef
02-01-2012, 02:04 PM
mario manningham is cheap and a speed demon, and not used much cause hes buried under the depth chart and the fact that we rarely use three receiver formations. why you people think he will be gone is beyond me, remember the year where we had no cruz or nicks he was our number one and put up great numbers

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:05 PM

If your going to draft Kiwi when you have Strahan, Tuck, and Osi and if your going to draft JPP when you have Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi - i think its safe to say that we very well may have drafted Nicks if we had Plax and Smith. Im not saying definitly, im saying knowing Reese- he stays true to his draft board

And it wasn't that I didnt like the Kiwi pick, it was just that we had some holes and we had 2-3 DEs at that time already. Tuck hadn't broken out then and was banged up early but the giants wouldn't let him go, so it was just confusing.

lol

Well we picked the extra DE (Kiwi) at the time (and since) because of the general sentiment of "can never have too many pass rushers" which is a continuation of a long line of thinking stemming back from when George Young worked for the Colts and which the Giants have continued since GY was GM (and on through Accorsi and Reese).

We've never stacked WRs. Furthermore, losing Plax in '08 and then losing the way we did underscored our need for a play making WR, which is why we took both Nicks and Barden in that draft. Had Plax played through '08 I highly doubt we pick up Nicks and most likely we end up with Evander Hood or Louis Delmas (James Laurenitis would have been awesome too but hindsight and all that).

And IIRC Plax scored most of his stats in the first half of that season. Plax was known to fade away in the second half as teams started to double him more.

True but, it just plays into the BPA. If Chad Green way fell instead of Kiwi, u don't think we would of gotten him? I remember Accorsi saying that they didn't figure Kiwi falling to us. He considered it a value pick.

Same can even be said for this past year with Prince. I mean We had Webby, T2, and Ross. We def didn't expect Prince to be there, but couldn't pass up the value

All i'm saying is that the Giants reportedly had Nicks high on their draft board and had he been there they could of considered that a value pick. And I disagree with your assessment that we never stacked up WRs. While thats true in itself, the league has evolved and it was clear you have to be able to air the ball out. So to suggest we wouldn't of tried to better ourselves with a guy like Eli at the helm, to get him some weapons I just don't agree with. I think this will be proven again next year when we may lose Rio, but I think we're going to sign a 3rd WR (whether it be Smith or Plax, i think one comes home).

I agree that the loss of Plax DEF pushed us to get a WR, but had Cushing or Orakpo dropped to us, im not sure we wouldn't of gone that way.

The point is plax or no plax, it depends on how high the Giants had Nicks on their draft board. They could of viewed him as a top 7 talent that year and wouldn't pass up on something like that.

Not only as Plax started to get doubled more, but as he started to break down. HE did have alot of nagging injury issues that slowed him down here between his back and ankle and things like that

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:09 PM

absolutely

na ma, they are going to tag him. They want to keep him and don't want to give up the core they have. They also won't sign him long term cuz of his attitude and the fact that hes 112 pounds soaked in urine.

Ha it hurt at first but its time to get over it. He had to take the most money. Very few people that loved being a Giant as much as he did.

MikeIsaGiant
02-01-2012, 02:10 PM
If mario leaves, I question why no one here really would want to give Plax a chance? For cheap, and only for cheap would I want him and he should take it that way, I'd take him. He's a big body who gets open in the endzone, I like it

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:10 PM

not in our price range and that would be okay with being the 3rd receiver

yatitle
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Honestly is MM going to get #1 or #2 money on the open market. Because if the answer is no he may take a short term deal to stay. As for the choice between SS or Plax its a no brainer. Assuming SS is healthy you are getting a sure handed, great route running, slot, 3rd WR who is 27. In Plax you are getting a 35 year old red zone only threat who still has a hole in his leg than symbolizes how he blew a potential repeat SB for the Giants. Assuming either Eli or TC has an ounce of input into the decision you realize this is a silly thread.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM

absolutely

Probably because we beat the Eagles this year and Smith didn't do so well with them.Theyre both done to me, both are examples of plain stupidity. Smith should have chilled out waited a lil bit and stayed here instead of dipping to our most hated rival and constantly whining on facebook about how Giants fans were angry at him for leaving (then again we may not have seen Cruuuuuuuz)

Plax should have hired one of his boys from the old neighborhood who didnt have a job to be his licensed armed security guard so Plax doesnt hold the piece, his boy does, LEGALLY

I hope we dont look at either of those clowns in the offseason

smith took money with an unsure football future

it hurt and stung, but looking back it is what it is...

**** man, he was in an eagles uniform before the eagles-giants sunday night game and there were reports that he will be a giant next year

i ain't gonna kill the man for getting his money with where he was in life

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 02:12 PM

</P>

I think you can throw the Jets and 'skins in there, too. Alot of teams will be interested in a young, talentedWR who just played in a SB. </P>

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:12 PM

ehh hard to say it will

great point

get a room you too.. </p>

</p>

Say no to Plax kids</p>

http://maplecommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/maple-syrup-225x300.jpg

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:13 PM
mario manningham is cheap and a speed demon, and not used much cause hes buried under the depth chart and the fact that we rarely use three receiver formations. why you people think he will be gone is beyond me, remember the year where we had no cruz or nicks he was our number one and put up great numbers

because he won't be cheap once he hits the open market

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:14 PM

</p>

I think you can throw the Jets and 'skins in there, too. Alot of teams will be interested in a young, talentedWR who just played in a SB. </p>

I think Rio knows better than to go to the Jets...

while its about money its also about not going to a toxic team. Having the Jets as a little brother prob turns the Jets off to Rio... i would think...

but money talks, bull**** walks

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:14 PM

If your going to draft Kiwi when you have Strahan, Tuck, and Osi and if your going to draft JPP when you have Kiwi, Tuck, and Osi - i think its safe to say that we very well may have drafted Nicks if we had Plax and Smith.* Im not saying definitly, im saying knowing Reese- he stays true to his draft board

And it wasn't that I didnt like the Kiwi pick, it was just that we had some holes and we had 2-3 DEs at that time already.* Tuck hadn't broken out then and was banged up early but the giants wouldn't let him go, so it was just confusing.

lol

True but, it just plays into the BPA.* If Chad Green way fell instead of Kiwi, u don't think we would of gotten him? I remember Accorsi saying that they didn't figure Kiwi falling to us. He considered it a value pick.

Same can even be said for this past year with Prince. I mean We had Webby, T2, and Ross.* We def didn't expect Prince to be there, but couldn't pass up the value

All i'm saying is that the Giants reportedly had Nicks high on their draft board and had he been there they could of considered that a value pick.* And I disagree with your assessment that we never stacked up WRs.* While thats true in itself, the league has evolved and it was clear* you have to be able to air the ball out. So to suggest we wouldn't of tried to better ourselves with a guy like Eli at the helm, to get him some weapons I just don't agree with. I think this will be proven again next year when we may lose Rio, but I think we're going to sign a 3rd WR (whether it be Smith or Plax, i think one comes home).

I agree that the loss of Plax DEF pushed us to get a WR, but had Cushing or Orakpo dropped to us, im not sure we wouldn't of gone that way.*

The point is plax or no plax, it depends on how high the Giants had Nicks on their draft board. They could of viewed him as a top 7 talent that year and wouldn't pass up on something like that.

Not only as Plax started to get doubled more, but as he started to break down.* HE did have alot of nagging injury issues that slowed him down here between his back and ankle and things like that

Well our drafting BPA comes with an asterisk under Reese.

We tend to go BPA in terms of physical prowess rather than NFL-ready (hence the JPP pick over a guy like Iupati who was a need AND considered very NFL ready).

However BPA tends not to trump pass rushers (if close) in the first round nor need (if close) nor if it breaks our general priority for drafting position wise (hence no LBers in the first round).

Considering that Plax was still under contract for 2 years, and we had SS and MM under contract and up and comers like Hixon and Moss, I don't see us taking Nicks that year if Plax doesn't shoot himself. And while he had nagging injuries, he hadn't had a serious injury (not to mention most didn't believe his nagging season-long-get-out-of-practice ankle injury).

Even at BPA (and he wasn't, with our version of BPA), I don't see the Giants drafting Nicks that year if Plax doesn't shoot himself.

For that alone, I should probably be more thankful of Plax than I am ... but the degradation of humanity and all that is hard to let go of http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:17 PM

</p>

I think you can throw the Jets and 'skins in there, too.* A*lot of teams will be interested in a young, talented*WR who just played in a SB.* </p>

while its about money its also about not going to a toxic team.* Having the Jets as a little brother prob turns the Jets off to Rio... i would think...

Yeah you would have to think MM will go where the most money is (and it won't be the Jets if they're keeping Holmes and bidding on Peyton) and if he doesn't he'd be insane not to return to the Giants.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:25 PM

lol

True but, it just plays into the BPA. If Chad Green way fell instead of Kiwi, u don't think we would of gotten him? I remember Accorsi saying that they didn't figure Kiwi falling to us. He considered it a value pick.

Same can even be said for this past year with Prince. I mean We had Webby, T2, and Ross. We def didn't expect Prince to be there, but couldn't pass up the value

All i'm saying is that the Giants reportedly had Nicks high on their draft board and had he been there they could of considered that a value pick. And I disagree with your assessment that we never stacked up WRs. While thats true in itself, the league has evolved and it was clear you have to be able to air the ball out. So to suggest we wouldn't of tried to better ourselves with a guy like Eli at the helm, to get him some weapons I just don't agree with. I think this will be proven again next year when we may lose Rio, but I think we're going to sign a 3rd WR (whether it be Smith or Plax, i think one comes home).

I agree that the loss of Plax DEF pushed us to get a WR, but had Cushing or Orakpo dropped to us, im not sure we wouldn't of gone that way.

Not only as Plax started to get doubled more, but as he started to break down. HE did have alot of nagging injury issues that slowed him down here between his back and ankle and things like that

We tend to go BPA in terms of physical prowess rather than NFL-ready (hence the JPP pick over a guy like Iupati who was a need AND considered very NFL ready).

However BPA tends not to trump pass rushers (if close) in the first round nor need (if close) nor if it breaks our general priority for drafting position wise (hence no LBers in the first round).

Considering that Plax was still under contract for 2 years, and we had SS and MM under contract and up and comers like Hixon and Moss, I don't see us taking Nicks that year if Plax doesn't shoot himself. And while he had nagging injuries, he hadn't had a serious injury (not to mention most didn't believe his nagging season-long-get-out-of-practice ankle injury).

Even at BPA (and he wasn't, with our version of BPA), I don't see the Giants drafting Nicks that year if Plax doesn't shoot himself.

For that alone, I should probably be more thankful of Plax than I am ... but the degradation of humanity and all that is hard to let go of http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

Well I think thats a stretch and you don't have enough of a sample size to confirm (nor deny) your Reese asterisk. You also don't have the knowledge of what his draft board looked like.

We've also really had no value at LB when it came to our picks in the first.

Regarding the condition our core was in going into 09 (if plax didn't shoot himself), i'll just pretend you didn't reference Sinorice Moss as a reason we may not of gone after Nicks lol. Hixon looked good, but I think he was far from the game breaker that we would of been looking for. Manningham didn't look like he was going to pan out for a while if u remember. There was alot of talk that he wasn't learning the playbook, yada yada yada.

And again, you have no clue what the scouting department had on the draft board - u can't say Nicks wasn't BPA. I believe Reese said he had Nicks as the best WR in that draft. I mean Heyward BEy went at 7.

When I first thought of this question, I was quick to say that without plax shooting himself there was no way that we would of went Nicks. After thinking that through I think there was an absolute chance we could have. It just totally depended on how Plax would of finished the season and what Reese's draft board looked like.

Impossible to determine, but would of been the heavy factors in answering the question

Itlan
02-01-2012, 02:26 PM
If Mario leaves, and Devin Thomas is committed to improving his game, I could easily see him becoming the #3.

He's fast, strong, physical, and has the YAC ability we're seeing in Nicks and Cruz. Remember, Thomas was the #1 receiver in the '08 draft, for a damn good reason. If he can get his head in the game and make the commitment to spending the offseason learning and working with Eli, he could become a very dangerous weapon.

But that's on Devin.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:27 PM

</p>

I think you can throw the Jets and 'skins in there, too. Alot of teams will be interested in a young, talentedWR who just played in a SB. </p>

while its about money its also about not going to a toxic team. Having the Jets as a little brother prob turns the Jets off to Rio... i would think...

Yeah you would have to think MM will go where the most money is (and it won't be the Jets if they're keeping Holmes and bidding on Peyton) and if he doesn't he'd be insane not to return to the Giants.

I think that Peyton to Jets stuff is garbage. NY media at its finest.

No shot the Jets do that. Talk about a team that has declined all over the field with bad contracts. They don't have the money. Wouldn't do them any good with the way that line **** th ebed this year... they may get Peyton killed - literally

ryan12
02-01-2012, 02:28 PM

cant really consider it as being a 3rd wr cuz cruuzzz will stay in slot... maybe stevie johnson

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:29 PM
If Mario leaves, and Devin Thomas is committed to improving his game, I could easily see him becoming the #3.

He's fast, strong, physical, and has the YAC ability we're seeing in Nicks and Cruz. Remember, Thomas was the #1 receiver in the '08 draft, for a damn good reason. If he can get his head in the game and make the commitment to spending the offseason learning and working with Eli, he could become a very dangerous weapon.

But that's on Devin.

man, i want to agree with you so bad but its like Devin is one of those guys Coughlin won't really try out there for whatever reason. I thought Thomas had an amazing preseaosn and looked great. I was very excited about him.

Hes a FA as well though. He may get an actual shot for another team. Especially if we win a ring. That will free him up to go somewhere to get money and/or playing time

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:29 PM

cant really consider it as being a 3rd wr cuz cruuzzz will stay in slot... maybe stevie johnson

slot and wide out is useless term in a 2 WR set

Mario is by far our #3 WR

by your theory, Steve Smith wasn't our #1 in 2009

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:31 PM

lol

True but, it just plays into the BPA.* If Chad Green way fell instead of Kiwi, u don't think we would of gotten him? I remember Accorsi saying that they didn't figure Kiwi falling to us. He considered it a value pick.

Same can even be said for this past year with Prince. I mean We had Webby, T2, and Ross.* We def didn't expect Prince to be there, but couldn't pass up the value

All i'm saying is that the Giants reportedly had Nicks high on their draft board and had he been there they could of considered that a value pick.* And I disagree with your assessment that we never stacked up WRs.* While thats true in itself, the league has evolved and it was clear* you have to be able to air the ball out. So to suggest we wouldn't of tried to better ourselves with a guy like Eli at the helm, to get him some weapons I just don't agree with. I think this will be proven again next year when we may lose Rio, but I think we're going to sign a 3rd WR (whether it be Smith or Plax, i think one comes home).

I agree that the loss of Plax DEF pushed us to get a WR, but had Cushing or Orakpo dropped to us, im not sure we wouldn't of gone that way.*

Not only as Plax started to get doubled more, but as he started to break down.* HE did have alot of nagging injury issues that slowed him down here between his back and ankle and things like that

Well I think thats a stretch and you don't have enough of a sample size to confirm (nor deny) your Reese asterisk. You also don't have the knowledge of what his draft board looked like.

We've also really had no value at LB when it came to our picks in the first.

Regarding the condition our core was in going into 09 (if plax didn't shoot himself), i'll just pretend you didn't reference Sinorice Moss as a reason we may not of gone after Nicks lol.* Hixon looked good, but I think he was far from the game breaker that we would of been looking for.* Manningham didn't look like he was going to pan out for a while if u remember. There was alot of talk that he wasn't learning the playbook, yada yada yada.

And again, you have no clue what the scouting department had on the draft board - u can't say Nicks wasn't BPA.* I believe Reese said he had Nicks as the best WR in that draft. I mean Heyward BEy went at 7.*

When I first thought of this question, I was quick to say that without plax shooting himself there was no way that we would of went Nicks.* After thinking that through I think there was an absolute chance we could have.* It just totally depended on how Plax would of finished the season and what Reese's draft board looked like.

Impossible to determine, but would of been the heavy factors in answering the question

True enough.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:33 PM

</p>

I think you can throw the Jets and 'skins in there, too.* A*lot of teams will be interested in a young, talented*WR who just played in a SB.* </p>

while its about money its also about not going to a toxic team.* Having the Jets as a little brother prob turns the Jets off to Rio... i would think...

I think that Peyton to Jets stuff is garbage.* NY media at its finest.

No shot the Jets do that. Talk about a team that has declined all over the field with bad contracts. They don't have the money. Wouldn't do them any good with the way that line **** th ebed this year... they may get Peyton killed - literally

I agree but it's because of those bad contracts that I think they'll try.

And from a business angle it makes sense ... the marketing frenzy would be unreal.

bandwgn86
02-01-2012, 02:41 PM

ehh hard to say it will

great point

get a room you too.. </P>

</P>

Say no to Plax kids</P>

makes for a great cologne.. drives the women of IHop wild

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM

</p>

And from a business angle it makes sense ... the marketing frenzy would be unreal.

I think the first thing on PEytons list for a new team is going somewhere that has a line that can protect him

I just don't think the Jets fit that bill

Mangold is legit and was hurt this year so that hurt - but DBrick completely regressed (much like SNee did this IMO) and the rest of that line is putrid - regardless what the probowl says

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM

ehh hard to say it will

great point

get a room you too.. </p>

</p>

Say no to Plax kids</p>

makes for a great cologne.. drives the women of IHop wild

lol it should be ur new avatar

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:49 PM

</p>

I think that Peyton to Jets stuff is garbage.* NY media at its finest.

I think the first thing on PEytons list for a new team is going somewhere that has a line that can protect him

Mangold is legit and was hurt this year so that hurt - but DBrick completely regressed (much like SNee did this IMO) and the rest of that line is putrid - regardless what the probowl says

I won't disagree but if you look at the teams that have been rumored to bid on him:

1) Jets
2) Fins
3) Titans
4) Cards

Jets stand out as the strongest team to me there (with perhaps the Titans in a close second).

Fins would make the most sense ... but the coaching change might scare him off (or attract him).

Titans seem to be the hot rumor now.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:19 PM

</p>

I won't disagree but if you look at the teams that have been rumored to bid on him:

1) Jets
2) Fins
3) Titans
4) Cards

Jets stand out as the strongest team to me there (with perhaps the Titans in a close second).

Fins would make the most sense ... but the coaching change might scare him off (or attract him).

Titans seem to be the hot rumor now.

your forgetting Seahawks and Redskins

Gmen2005
02-01-2012, 03:41 PM
No thanks.

Kase-1
02-02-2012, 11:00 AM

1) Jets
2) Fins
3) Titans
4) Cards

Titans seem to be the hot rumor now.Id add the Skins, TB, Seattle, Miami, Jags (but I dont see him staying in the same division), and Chiefs

giantsfan39
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Lol plax doesn't make the Giants offense more potent. he produced about as much as Manningham despite the fact that Manningham was constantly hurt and beyond Nicks and Cruz who finished with 1192 and 1536 yards.

The Giants offense is moving towards being a deep threat vertical offense.

You know what would make us more potent.

1. A true pass catching TE ala Grham, Witten, Gronk, hernandez, Davis
2. An upgrade at RB
3. Oline upgrades

Plax doesn't figure into this.

They drafted Jernigan for a reason. And if Manningham walks I'd rather Robert Meachem or Gracon be signed.

GMENAGAIN
02-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Zero chance of Plax returning. TIme to let it go.

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 01:29 PM

Lol plax doesn't make the Giants offense more potent. he produced about as much as Manningham despite the fact that Manningham was constantly hurt and beyond Nicks and Cruz who finished with 1192 and 1536 yards.

2. An upgrade at RB
3. Oline upgrades

They drafted Jernigan for a reason. And if Manningham walks I'd rather Robert Meachem or Gracon be signed.

Plax absolutely would keep us potent if we lost Mario...

Since you are obviously just reading stat lines and coming up with your predictions, your missing three major factors in your assessment of Mario vs Plax this past year:

1.) Plax was not only banged up at times but he also was getting his legs back.
2.) Plax almost ALWAYS had a saftey over the top of him, so defenses were still respecting that.
3.) He had Sanchez throwing to him who had a PUTRID year. At the very least, I say its disgusting that Plax didn't have double digit TDs. I remember 4 times on 4 seperate drives in the red zone that Sanchez and Plax open in the Endzone and threw brutal balls.

now to respond to your three points:

1) No, getting a a pass catching TE would NOT be beneficial for us. Having a balanced TE would seeing as how we still have a very big committment to the run game.
2) Doubtful we're getting an upgrade at RB either way u dice it. If Jacobs restrucutres, he'll stay - if he doesn't and he leaves then it looks like Ware will just be getting more touches.
3) There is only going to be one possible OLine upgrade next year and thats with McKenzie. Diehl, Snee, and Baas are locked up. What we do with Petrus, Boothe, and Beatty is up for discussion but they will be on the team next year

Grabbing a third WR is something we will do... Jernigan has shown nothing this year. This decision will be made in the offseason before Jernigan gets another chance. We will def be bringing a 3rd WR in whether its Plax, Smith, or resigning Mario.

It depends whose there, but im pretty sure both would cost more than Plax and not sure they'd be that much of an upgrade. I mean meachum had the same numbers as plax but he was in a passing offense. What makes him such a better move?

giantsfan39
02-02-2012, 02:00 PM

2. An upgrade at RB
3. Oline upgrades

Since you are obviously just reading stat lines and coming up with your predictions, your missing three major factors in your assessment of Mario vs Plax this past year:

2.) Plax almost ALWAYS had a saftey over the top of him, so defenses were still respecting that.
3.) He had Sanchez throwing to him who had a PUTRID year. At the very least, I say its disgusting that Plax didn't have double digit TDs. I remember 4 times on 4 seperate drives in the red zone that Sanchez and Plax open in the Endzone and threw brutal balls.

1) No, getting a a pass catching TE would NOT be beneficial for us. Having a balanced TE would seeing as how we still have a very big committment to the run game.
2) Doubtful we're getting an upgrade at RB either way u dice it. If Jacobs restrucutres, he'll stay - if he doesn't and he leaves then it looks like Ware will just be getting more touches.
3) There is only going to be one possible OLine upgrade next year and thats with McKenzie. Diehl, Snee, and Baas are locked up. What we do with Petrus, Boothe, and Beatty is up for discussion but they will be on the team next year

Grabbing a third WR is something we will do... Jernigan has shown nothing this year. This decision will be made in the offseason before Jernigan gets another chance. We will def be bringing a 3rd WR in whether its Plax, Smith, or resigning Mario.

It depends whose there, but im pretty sure both would cost more than Plax and not sure they'd be that much of an upgrade. I mean meachum had the same numbers as plax but he was in a passing offense. What makes him such a better move?

Let it go. No Plax.

We require all three WRs to stretch the field. Manningham does that. Plax doesn't. He is old. Expect him to be injured often. He can't get seperation anymore. Blaming Sanchez is a bit ridiculous consider Braylon Edwards put up decent numbers last year.

Plax has shown what? That he is a washed up has been who need to commit offensive pass interference to get seperation from the slowest Dbs in the NFL.

And a pass catching TE would help. I meant Gronk/Graham/Witten/Davis types. All of them block. And the commitment to the running game is a bull**** argument. The Saints and 49ers were commited to the running game as well. And we have a TE with blocking potential by the name of Ballard. Being able to run decent 2 TE sets would help this offense. We probably win the redskins game if we could do that.

Diehl can be cut. Mckenzie won't be resigned. And we can make upgrades through the draft as well. Especially at guard.

DJ ware won't be getting more touches. he got a decent number of touches this seaso n due to injuries. He is garbage and there is no doubt the team will draft an RB or sign one in free agency. Jacobs already restructured last year. It is more likely he is cut.

Also comparing Meachem to Plax is ridiculous. Is Meachem even a starter? No.

Brees looked for Colston and Graham first. Then for Henderson, Moore, Meachem and Sproles.

The Saints have a wide assortment of weapons in the passing game.

Coltson, Graham, Henderson, Moore, Meachme and Sproles. This is the best recievering core in the NFL. Better than ours and better than the Packers. So it is not surprising Meachem didn't have big numbers. Not everybody can have big numbers especially when brees likes to spread the ball around.

Plax only had Holmes and keller taking targets from him. Not as many talents as the Saints and nowhere near the elite talents the Graham and Colston are.

Meachem can stretch the field.

Plax and Smith are garbage at this point. And these low washed up has beens do not belong in our speedy. vertical offense.

jomo
02-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Did you hear what a good teammate Plax is NOT when talking about Sanchez and the Jets? It brought back a bunch of bad memories. We don't need that. It is not one of the necessary elements to build a championship team.

Go Blue!!

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 02:42 PM

2. An upgrade at RB
3. Oline upgrades

Let it go. No Plax.

We require all three WRs to stretch the field. Manningham does that. Plax doesn't. He is old. Expect him to be injured often. He can't get seperation anymore. Blaming Sanchez is a bit ridiculous consider Braylon Edwards put up decent numbers last year.

Plax has shown what? That he is a washed up has been who need to commit offensive pass interference to get seperation from the slowest Dbs in the NFL.

And a pass catching TE would help. I meant Gronk/Graham/Witten/Davis types. All of them block. And the commitment to the running game is a bull**** argument. The Saints and 49ers were commited to the running game as well. And we have a TE with blocking potential by the name of Ballard. Being able to run decent 2 TE sets would help this offense. We probably win the redskins game if we could do that.

Diehl can be cut. Mckenzie won't be resigned. And we can make upgrades through the draft as well. Especially at guard.

DJ ware won't be getting more touches. he got a decent number of touches this seaso n due to injuries. He is garbage and there is no doubt the team will draft an RB or sign one in free agency. Jacobs already restructured last year. It is more likely he is cut.

Also comparing Meachem to Plax is ridiculous. Is Meachem even a starter? No.

Brees looked for Colston and Graham first. Then for Henderson, Moore, Meachem and Sproles.

The Saints have a wide assortment of weapons in the passing game.

Coltson, Graham, Henderson, Moore, Meachme and Sproles. This is the best recievering core in the NFL. Better than ours and better than the Packers. So it is not surprising Meachem didn't have big numbers. Not everybody can have big numbers especially when brees likes to spread the ball around.

Plax only had Holmes and keller taking targets from him. Not as many talents as the Saints and nowhere near the elite talents the Graham and Colston are.

Meachem can stretch the field.

Plax and Smith are garbage at this point. And these low washed up has beens do not belong in our speedy. vertical offense.

Plax is def a deep threat.. what are u considering him a possession WR?

Signing plax, if we were to, wouldn't be a long term deal. His age would have nothing to do wtih it he can still play which he can.

Sanchez had a regressed year. He also couldn't get the ball to Holmes who he had a great connection with in 2010 for 12 games.

Plax showed he still is an athlete, defenses still game plan for him, and hes still one hell of a red zone target. Again, you wouldn't get that from reading stat lines -u would have to actually watch the game and know what your watching

DIehl isn't being cut - come back to earth. Petrus stepped in and did great for us this year at guard, we aren't going to look to replace him. If anything we would draft for tackle cuz DIehls contract is up in 2014 (just not next year) and plus obviously we don't know whats up with McKenzie. I think a one year deal could also be the situation for McKenzie next year.

Graham isn't a blocker and u just referenced the top TEs in teh league like they grow on trees. This isn't Madden, u can't just GET a talent like that unless u focus on it in the draft. Seeing as how our past two TEs have done GREAT for us since 07 and have been a 5th round pick and an undrafted rookie - there would be no sense to do all of that.

And if ur suggestion is to just wait for one of these freaks to hit the open market and pay them, well you may be waiting a long time and have absolutely no realistic sense of cap management.

True the Saints have a wide selection of WRs. Couldn't that play against your argument though? Due to all the REAL weapons that defenses have to worry about - it opens Meachum and Henderson up? WHat about the fact that they throw the ball more than anybody and nobody has any real SICK stats ever except for Jimmy Graham this year?

And the Jets DONT have Drew Breez or an offense based around the pass. What do u think Plax's numbers would of been like if Breez was QB'ing the Jets?

Your compare apples to oranges of situations. You obviously didn't watch the Jets enough and are basing ur whole opinion on rosters and what football reference serves you.

Smith was coming off an injury and is question mark, defensive coordinators don't roll coverages on WRs who are garbage. Your opinion for the most part is garbage

Husky
02-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Barden gets bumped up.

bLuereverie
02-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Barden gets bumped up.*

Barden should get bumped out.

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Barden gets bumped up.

guy is injured every year and never makes an impression when he gets the chance...

personally i'd rather give Devin Thomas the shot if we were going that route

but regardless, i think we are going to get a deal on a 3rd WR

GMENAGAIN
02-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Barden gets bumped up.

guy is injured every year and never makes an impression when he gets the chance...

but regardless, i<FONT size=4> think we are going to get a deal on a 3rd WR
</FONT></P>

Steve Smith?</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Barden gets bumped up.

but regardless, i<font size="4"> think we are going to get a deal on a 3rd WR
</font></p>

Steve Smith?</p>

I mean its def possible

That Schefter report right before the Giants-Eagles game is one of the weirdest stories to break ever if u really think about it.

But I mean that FA list next year is SOOO deep and talented. A couple of WRs are going to end up taking less than they wanted to

Itlan
02-02-2012, 04:21 PM

But that's on Devin.

man, i want to agree with you so bad but its like Devin is one of those guys Coughlin won't really try out there for whatever reason.* I thought Thomas had an amazing preseaosn and looked great. I was very excited about him.

Hes a FA as well though. He may get an actual shot for another team. Especially if we win a ring. That will free him up to go somewhere to get money and/or playing time
I think Reese knows the value of a good gunner and will keep Thomas around, and hopefully Coughlin lets him emerge. He'd be disgusting split wide with Cruz in the slot on side and Nicks on the other.

Just need to give him the chance and hope he's turned his mindset around. I mean, he did fall asleep during a team meeting with the Skins.

calzonesays
02-02-2012, 05:10 PM
If MM is gone I wouldn't mind Plax.

Plax could be a huge weapon in redzone packages. He couldn't get much separation but he still got tons of redzone TDs. Eli could throw fades to him all day.

Edit: who is Jacobs to talk about replacements, it wouldn't surprise me if he's not even back next season

RonnieRotten
02-03-2012, 12:59 AM
The Giant's ownership &amp; General Manager are the reason Steve Smith is not a Giant this year. They waited, waited, waited, and waited to give Steve *any* information about a contract for this season. It was poor business on their part and disrespect to Steve ..... who was outstanding for us while he was here. Granted he was an *unknown* as far as his injury recovery. He still might be.... but I doubt it. Eli hated to see him gone..... and would dearly love to have him back. Steve Smith is a stand up guy and would not *diss* his former team. He took care of himself with the one year contract for the 2 - 4 million.... because he had to. The Giants (Reese) waited way to long to try to keep him. The Giants offer was NOT the first offer that was made. Also, remember the *lock-out* and all that involved.... how things changed for all NFL teams.
Go Giants... beat the Patriots!
RonnieRotten - Las Vegas, NV.

JMFP2
02-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Plax will never be back here especially not as long as TC is still here, the other reason is we don't need him anymore...</P>

Plaxico is a perfect fit for the Jets.</P>

calzonesays
02-03-2012, 02:39 AM
The Giant's ownership &amp; General Manager are the reason Steve Smith is not a Giant this year. They waited, waited, waited, and waited to give Steve *any* information about a contract for this season. It was poor business on their part and disrespect to Steve ..... who was outstanding for us while he was here. Granted he was an *unknown* as far as his injury recovery. He still might be.... but I doubt it. Eli hated to see him gone..... and would dearly love to have him back. Steve Smith is a stand up guy and would not *diss* his former team. He took care of himself with the one year contract for the 2 - 4 million.... because he had to. The Giants (Reese) waited way to long to try to keep him. The Giants offer was NOT the first offer that was made. Also, remember the *lock-out* and all that involved.... how things changed for all NFL teams.
Go Giants... beat the Patriots!
RonnieRotten - Las Vegas, NV.

Maybe a bit disrespectful to not even throw him an offer, but he was coming off microfracture surgery which could very well hamper his career, I thought I remember Reese saying that Smith was gonna have to start the season on PUP even if they did sign him.

swordfish
02-03-2012, 02:00 PM
If Mario leaves, the replacement is on the roster.