PDA

View Full Version : Sunday

elismom
02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
I have to be honest, I am so scared I can't even explain it. Everything scares me. We are better! We have better personal! We beat them! I mean everything says the Giants are beter but I can't get around how much it stinks that we have to face those two on the biggest stage TWICE in a 5 yr span. Not happy about that.

I do know two things. Eli will hit them with the ball and I cannot wait to see the speed of those 3. This game might be won by those three. All Eli has to do is give these youngsters a shot to make a play!!!

Turft and the trio!!! WHOA

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I have to be honest, I am so scared I can't even explain it. Everything scares me. We are better! We have better personal! We beat them! I mean everything says the Giants are beter but I can't get around how much it stinks that we have to face those two on the biggest stage TWICE in a 5 yr span. Not happy about that.

I do know two things. Eli will hit them with the ball and I cannot wait to see the speed of those 3. This game might be won by those three. All Eli has to do is give these youngsters a shot to make a play!!!

<3

DragonSoul
02-01-2012, 12:10 PM

Turft and the trio!!! WHOAWhat about this thought? Maybe we are just better, and in a game that means something the Giants will show up and take care of business.

What is amazing is how we played @ their home with some key players missing and we still won.

Only way I see a loss (not saying we will blow them out or cannot lose) is if we have a Kerry Collins visit, and the Pats turn into the Ravens of 2000

Firenugget
I dunno..It's been too long already for me to have the jitters. I'm so bored from waiting that I just want them to play already and let the best team win.

JJC7301
Don't be worried. Enjoy this because the Giants are going to win whether its a squeaker or we blow their doors off. But the Giants are going to win.

elismom
02-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Just saying...so diff from 07. 07 is house money but this yr, I just believe we are that good. I thought it all yr. I was standing tall in the office taking jobs supporting these guys. Their that good but its gotta be a tight game from our offense. NO TO'S!

And I do think we win. HOw can we not
And then I will stand tall in my own "Ivory Tower" because Easy is then wht I claimed he would be. A HOF QB!

bOOOOOOOOOOM

repeatchamps
02-01-2012, 12:14 PM
At first just after the championship games I agreed with this. I have thought about it since then and truly believe this may be the better match-up for the Giants. The Ravens have a superior defense to the Patriots and the motivation for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed would have been through the roof as that may have been there last shot at a Lombardi trophy. I did want the Ravens from a revenge perspective but it just may be that the Giants are better equipped to beat the Pats and bring home that 4th Lombardi trophy. The Giants were built to beat the Patriots. They match up excellently against them and the Pats defense is exponentially worse than it was in Super Bowl 42. I believe this match-up was the Giantsbest chance to grab that trophy again.</P>

Of course none of that means I am not nervous. I definitely am and I will be on the edge of my seat all game long that is for sure.</P>

Dover Giant
02-01-2012, 12:17 PM
There is not a Giants fan that does not have an ulcer. It is a badge of honor always has been. Whether it be Phil Simms and the Tuna or TC and Eli the G-men never took the easyway out.
G-Men by 17

elismom
02-01-2012, 12:21 PM
At first just after the championship games I agreed with this. I have thought about it since then and truly believe this may be the better match-up for the Giants. The Ravens have a superior defense to the Patriots and the motivation for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed would have been through the roof as that may have been there last shot at a Lombardi trophy. I did want the Ravens from a revenge perspective but it just may be that the Giants are better equipped to beat the Pats and bring home that 4th Lombardi trophy. The Giants were built to beat the Patriots. They match up excellently against them and the Pats defense is exponentially worse than it was in Super Bowl 42. I believe this match-up was the Giants*best chance to grab that trophy again.</P>

Of course none of that means I am not nervous. I definitely am and I will be on the edge of my seat all game long that is for sure.</P>

Its knowing what this guy has done with defenses through the yrs. I mean he stepped on one of the best offenses ever created in SAN FRAN and much the sme with DENVER. BB is a genuis. Not trying to be a debbie D here everyone knows on this board I am a big big homer and will stand up for my team. Just saying, they better be on their game because this isn't going to be easy. Its ALI VS FRAZIER. Just hope we are ALI

elismom
02-01-2012, 12:21 PM
There is not a Giants fan that does not have an ulcer. It is a badge of honor always has been. Whether it be Phil Simms and the Tuna or TC and Eli the G-men never took the easyway out.
G-Men by 17

LOL!

I LIKE THIS ONE. Says all that and easily says. G MEN BY 17! lol

jomo
02-01-2012, 12:22 PM
We're good and I am ALL IN!!!

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 12:25 PM
At first just after the championship games I agreed with this. I have thought about it since then and truly believe this may be the better match-up for the Giants. The Ravens have a superior defense to the Patriots and the motivation for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed would have been through the roof as that may have been there last shot at a Lombardi trophy. I did want the Ravens from a revenge perspective but it just may be that the Giants are better equipped to beat the Pats and bring home that 4th Lombardi trophy. The Giants were built to beat the Patriots. They match up excellently against them and the Pats defense is exponentially worse than it was in Super Bowl 42. I believe this match-up was the Giantsbest chance to grab that trophy again.</P>

</P>

I would have liked to play the Ravens for the revenge factor, and also because I don't think they're as good as the Pats. I think we beat the Pats hands down, but I'd rather face Harbaugh and Flacco then BB and TB. The Ravens D is good, but not as good as SF's (IMO) and I think they're O is mediocre. I don't believe in Flacco. I would have loved that matchup against the Ravens.</P>

Moss#83
02-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I personally feel the Giants will handle the Patriots the same way they did against the Packers. Just flat out dominate them and put them away quick.

Pakman
02-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Lollllll

Pakman
02-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I love the people who come on here and say that they are scared,

This video is definitely for you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC637PdFwg8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:25 PM

And yet Sunday can't come fast enough.

repeatchamps
02-01-2012, 01:25 PM

</P>

I would have liked to play the Ravens for the revenge factor, and also because I don't think they're as good as the Pats. I think we beat the Pats hands down, but I'd rather face Harbaugh and Flacco then BB and TB. The Ravens D is good, but not as good as SF's (IMO) and I think they're O is mediocre. I don't believe in Flacco. I would have loved that matchup against the Ravens.</P>

</P>

I agree on the Flacco-Harbaugh vs the Brady-Belichickfactor but I do think the bigger factor would have been the Ravens defense. While San Fran's defense may be better let us not overlook that the Giants did not exactly light the world on fire offensively against them. Ravens may be a tad worse defensively but that does not mean the Giants would have had no troubles against that defense. They made Brady in New England look awful in the title game. Add in the Lewis-Reed motivation andit would have been a tall task. Revenge would have beennice but the Giants drew the better match-up for them with the Patriots. Don't get me wrong I am in no way selling New England short. Their defense is playing better and we all know about Brady and that offense as well as Belichick's game planning abilities. At the end of the day the Giants still may be better off going up against the Patriots defense instead of the Ravens defense and that to me is the biggest factor in this game.</P>

Roosevelt
02-01-2012, 01:29 PM
I love the people who come on here and say that they are scared,

This video is definitely for you guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC637PdFwg8&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player

I used to be scared, but now I'm nervous.

elismom
02-01-2012, 01:50 PM

in 2007 my son was 4 months. I held him the entire game. During the SAN FRAN game I searched adn found his onesy tha he wore, I used it as a flag and through it at the screen of the tv to deteer them from scoring. IT WORKED. I shall shammy the NEW PATS!!

I am so ready. I am having a select view over, doing all the cooking. 100 wings, 4 pizzas, shredded chicken spread in crock pot, 2 homemade cheese cakes. And A mini Heiny keg all to myself!

Moorehead you want to come over?

elismom
02-01-2012, 01:51 PM
At first just after the championship games I agreed with this. I have thought about it since then and truly believe this may be the better match-up for the Giants. The Ravens have a superior defense to the Patriots and the motivation for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed would have been through the roof as that may have been there last shot at a Lombardi trophy. I did want the Ravens from a revenge perspective but it just may be that the Giants are better equipped to beat the Pats and bring home that 4th Lombardi trophy. The Giants were built to beat the Patriots. They match up excellently against them and the Pats defense is exponentially worse than it was in Super Bowl 42. I believe this match-up was the Giants*best chance to grab that trophy again.</P>

</P>

I would have liked to play the Ravens for the revenge factor, and also because I don't think they're as good as the Pats.* I think we beat the Pats hands down, but I'd rather face Harbaugh and Flacco then BB and TB.* The Ravens D is good, but not as good as SF's (IMO) and I think they're O is mediocre.* I don't believe in Flacco.* I would have loved that matchup against the Ravens.</P>

</P>

I agree on the Flacco-Harbaugh vs the Brady-Belichick*factor but I do think the bigger factor would have been the Ravens defense. While San Fran's defense may be better let us not overlook that the Giants did not exactly light the world on fire offensively against them. Ravens may be a tad worse defensively but that does not mean the Giants would have had no troubles against that defense. They made Brady in New England look awful in the title game. Add in the Lewis-Reed motivation and*it would have been a tall task. Revenge would have been*nice but the Giants drew the better match-up for them with the Patriots. Don't get me wrong I am in no way selling New England short. Their defense is playing better and we all know about Brady and that offense as well as Belichick's game planning abilities. At the end of the day the Giants still may be better off going up against the Patriots defense instead of the Ravens defense and that to me is the biggest factor in this game.</P>

I hate to admit this and now I retract the staement. I told sell out my team.

But before the GB game I said I think we will beat hte ravens and lose to the pats strictly from the revenge factors.

We are not losing to the PATS

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:57 PM

in 2007 my son was 4 months. I held him the entire game. During the SAN FRAN game I searched adn found his onesy tha he wore, I used it as a flag and through it at the screen of the tv to deteer them from scoring. IT WORKED. I shall shammy the NEW PATS!!

I am so ready. I am having a select view over, doing all the cooking. 100 wings, 4 pizzas, shredded chicken spread in crock pot, 2 homemade cheese cakes. And A mini Heiny keg all to myself!

SB21 and SB42 will always be special for me (moreso than any other SB we've been in).

SB21 was the first Giants Super Bowl I got to watch with my grandfather (who had been a fan since the team became a team in 1925).

SB42 was the first Giants Super Bowl I got to see with my daughters (SB35 I was off galavanting with the wife in Vegas and saw it there ... which is just as well as how it turned out).

My daughters, older and wiser now gave me this ultimatum when we beat the Packers this year:

If you think you're watching the Super Bowl anywhere but here, we're changing the locks.

The Giants have always meant family to me.

elismom
02-01-2012, 02:12 PM

I like it KRUNCH! Good ish! I will be watching this with my 4 yr old who was 4 months when we won in 07 and my 2 yr will get benadryl by 5!!! That kid is full time man! I can't have him slam dancing all over the damn place! Imagine my 4 already on his 2nd SB?????? Then againI was 8 and 12 with my first ones. G men fans have been quite likely really.

SB21 and SB42 will always be special for me (moreso than any other SB we've been in).

SB21 was the first Giants Super Bowl I got to watch with my grandfather (who had been a fan since the team became a team in 1925).

SB42 was the first Giants Super Bowl I got to see with my daughters (SB35 I was off galavanting with the wife in Vegas and saw it there ... which is just as well as how it turned out).

My daughters, older and wiser now gave me this ultimatum when we beat the Packers this year:

If you think you're watching the Super Bowl anywhere but here, we're changing the locks.

The Giants have always meant family to me.

nygsb42champs
02-01-2012, 03:00 PM
I just can not wait for sunday to get here. The waiting is killing me.

tikiandphil
02-01-2012, 07:16 PM
G-Men by 17

I agree. My stomach for the fourty whiners game was upside down. It gets that way every Sunday it seems. I like us in this game as the better team that has played as a group of brothers under some very challenging situations this year. They have banded together and played as one unit. I like the Giants by 13. The difference is a Blackburn TD and 2 Tynes FG's.