PDA

View Full Version : I am not scared of Brady

Moss#83
02-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Brady is overrated. He has some of his great games against terrible defenses. He folds like a lawn chair against a solid pass rush. Imagine he played in a GMEN uniform last week? LOL wouldn't have been a pretty sight for us.

The guy would whine his way into getting flags. I remember watching the RAvens attack him the same way the 9ers did to Eli. Eli was clearly getting hit late last week on several plays, even thrown to the ground but brushed it off and never turned around for a flag.

Tom Lady gets his knee touched and advises the REF to throw a flag. Ref nods his head in approval and the Ravens get screwed.

This guy is a bum and I have 0 respect for him. I hope JPP crushes this clown.

Firenugget
02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Brady is overrated. He has some of his great games against terrible defenses. He folds like a lawn chair against a solid pass rush. Imagine he played in a GMEN uniform last week? LOL wouldn't have been a pretty sight for us.

The guy would whine his way into getting flags. I remember watching the RAvens attack him the same way the 9ers did to Eli. Eli was clearly getting hit late last week on several plays, even thrown to the ground but brushed it off and never turned around for a flag.

Tom Lady gets his knee touched and advises the REF to throw a flag. Ref nods his head in approval and the Ravens get screwed.

...Really? Delusional much?

giantsfan420
02-01-2012, 11:46 AM

dh im of the feeling just let em play it is the SB

burier
02-01-2012, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't call Brady a bumb but he is indeed overrated.

Makes very few throws on the run and only looks like world beater when he has all day to throw.

His win percentage since 2007 I think is hilarious as we very clearly demonstrated how to defeat the Patriots and by-and-large when the Patriots lose its because the other team pressured the QB.

Moss#83
02-01-2012, 11:47 AM
http://www.aolnews.com/2009/10/05/tom-brady-gets-touched-terrell-suggs-gets-flagged-and-ray-lewi/

LOL @ Tom Lady. Dude is a coward who needs protection from the refs.

Pakman
02-01-2012, 12:09 PM
You brought up a great point. Brady would have died if he was playing the 49ers.

We need to bring pressure up the middle.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 12:16 PM

Brady got lucky like we got lucky last week

if u dont' fear him ur not being realistic

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Overrated my ***. TB is one of the greats of all time. </P>

But, I still think we win this game.</P>

GameTime
02-01-2012, 12:18 PM
every QB has strengths and weaknesses. Brady is no different. What he lacks in opinionated toughness he makes up for in spades in other ways. </P>

To call him over rated IMO is a joke. He is a 3 time SB MVP has been there 4 times. His win loss record while Qbing the Pats is rediculous. If he was a the Giants QB for the last 11 years with the same stats and recordsyour stories would be quite different for sure. </P>

Look....I want to see him get his *** kicked this Sunday for sure. But I wont sit there and delude myself that this guys isnt one of the best.He can torch the Giants if given the time to do so....</P>

</P>

pj18
02-01-2012, 12:50 PM
To call him over rated IMO is a joke. He is a 3 time SB MVP has been there 4 times. His win loss record while Qbing the Pats is rediculous. If he was a the Giants QB for the last 11 years with the same stats and recordsyour stories would be quite different for sure.2x Super Bowl MVP... duh.

Moss#83
02-01-2012, 12:50 PM
every QB has strengths and weaknesses. Brady is no different. What he lacks in opinionated toughness he makes up for in spades in other ways. </P>

To call him over rated IMO is a joke. He is a 3 time SB MVP has been there 4 times. His win loss record while Qbing the Pats is rediculous. If he was a the Giants QB for the last 11 years with the same stats and records*your stories would be quite different for sure. </P>

Look....I want to see him get his *** kicked this Sunday for sure. But I wont sit there and delude myself that this guys isnt one of the best.*He can torch the Giants if given the time to do so....</P>

*</P>I highly doubt he will torch us because we will bring pressure. Brady only torches teams when he has 10 seconds or more to throw. He is useless when he needs to scramble.

burier
02-01-2012, 12:54 PM

To call him over rated IMO is a joke. He is a 3 time SB MVP has been there 4 times. His win loss record while Qbing the Pats is rediculous. If he was a the Giants QB for the last 11 years with the same stats and records*your stories would be quite different for sure. </P>

Look....I want to see him get his *** kicked this Sunday for sure. But I wont sit there and delude myself that this guys isnt one of the best.*He can torch the Giants if given the time to do so....</P>

*</P>

He's one of the best but he is overrated. You say that all Qbs have strengths and weaknesses but literally up until a couple weeks ago Brady has always been portrayed to be without weakness which makes him overrated.

Also just so we're clear. If Brady Spygated his way to 3 SB MVPs as a Giant I'd boycott the Giants until they brought in a new regime.

Kase-1
02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
If you're not the least bit nervous about 'Uggs' than you're nuts. He's a damned good QB and I hate the connection he has with Welker and quick pass catching RBs like Woodhead tend to do damage against us.

The thing is that I feel our D will do better than their which will be the key, that and keeping 'Uggs' off the field for the Patsy's

NYColtFan
02-01-2012, 01:01 PM
It's going to be an extremely frustrating day watching the pass-rush on Sunday - but it's important to keep things in perspective especially after dominating the hapless 49ers last game. Forcing the Patriots to punt will be rare and it'll be frustrating seeing Brady's jersey clean all-game when you consider what he has protecting him:

<span class="echo-item-text">Matt Light - 3 Pro Bowls and 1 All Pro
Brian Waters - 6 Pro Bowls and 2 All Pro
Logan Mankins - 4 Pro Bowls and 3 All Pro
Sebastian Volmer - 1 All Pro
Nate Solder - 1st round talent playing up to his talent level</span>

Add Gronkowski as a devastating in-line blocker, a Dallas Clark clone in Hernandez and the best slot receiver in the league and it's not hard to see why Brady rarely gets sacked - he has all day to sit in the pocket and throw 5 yard passes and watch his receivers rack up YAC for him

I would love to see Brady behind the Giants OL this year. Remember the Jets play-off game last year how he auto-sacked himself and was hearing footsteps where there wasn't any?

MikeIsaGiant
02-01-2012, 01:01 PM
You sir, must not be afraid of death.

You are brave

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM

Seriously.

NWKEffectElement
02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Overrated my ***.* TB is one of the greats of all time.* </P>

But, I still think we win this game.</P>

Being able to have basically every teams defensive signals as a second year player aided his development immensely. Eli was a #1 overall pick but I respect him for earning his stripes. Brady was given the fast track.

Eli TO Shockey
02-01-2012, 01:07 PM

not sure how u can call our win last week lucky. We were opportunistic and took advantage of their costly mistakes. We didnt turn the ball over. the 49ers made a living off turnovers all season. I wouldnt call their 13-3 lucky.

NJGIANTinNC
02-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Tom Lady - I Love it. I Will be using that.

I have been arguing with Pats & Michigan fans
that Tom Lady is the product of the system.
A Very good QB. Playing the Jets Bills & Dolphins twice a year.

If Tom Lady Went to the Colts.
and Peyton was on the Pats.
No Way Tom Lady has the career be has had for the Cheatriots
and Peyton Would have 10 super bowl MVPs

0 strength of schedule
kind of like Boise St.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:20 PM

not sure how u can call our win last week lucky. We were opportunistic and took advantage of their costly mistakes. We didnt turn the ball over.* the 49ers made a living off turnovers all season. I wouldnt call their 13-3 lucky.

We got lucky that Kyle Williams played like a rookie.

That Eli didn't get picked off because the defenders ran into eachother (twice).

That the refs (who have hated us all season) didn't call the AB fumble a real fumble.

In a tight game, those are huge difference makers.

Eli TO Shockey
02-01-2012, 01:31 PM

not sure how u can call our win last week lucky. We were opportunistic and took advantage of their costly mistakes. We didnt turn the ball over. the 49ers made a living off turnovers all season. I wouldnt call their 13-3 lucky.

That Eli didn't get picked off because the defenders ran into eachother (twice).

That the refs (who have hated us all season) didn't call the AB fumble a real fumble.

you can look at it from both angles. Calling it luck takes away all the credit we deserve for playin our hearts out and leaving it all on the field. Giants took advantage of opportunists, thats what good team do.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:35 PM

sometimes to get a lucky break is better tha nanything

but u can't tell me the ball skimming the player on a punt isn't a lucky break - it is.

We played the game good and stepped up when we had the opportunities... but we didn't make our own opportunities...

and unforced error is what happened. But **** happens, we've had plenty of ****ty things like that happen to us all year. I don't mind saying that sometimes its better to be lucky than good. Our offense couldn't move the ball.

But i'm not claling JWills strip luck, he saw the way the player was holding the ball and got there in time to knock it out...

giantsfan420
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM

careful, u'll be called disrespectful and also agrred upo bc we got a closter pats fan in giants clothes.

MikeIsaGiant
02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I couldn't give two ****s who calls the giants lucky...

about the bradshaw fumble and everything.

What about the rest of the garbage we didn't get because the referees favored the other side? They got lucky too? Goes both ways..

And honest, if it takes luck to win every super bowl, SO BE IT, I like it.

We'e at the SB, San Francisco isn't

The patriots were lucky Lee Evans didn't make the catch, they were lucky Cundiff didn't make the field goal, but they're there.

Enough is enough with the luck, you people who claim we were lucky are just too sensitive to those outsiders who's teams aren't in the super bowl talk too much about how our team is lucky.

Ignore them, we're in and they're out.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:39 PM

true... on the other points as well

and let me clarify - the Refs made the RIGHT call by not calling it not a fumble - but it still could of gone against us

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM

not sure how u can call our win last week lucky. We were opportunistic and took advantage of their costly mistakes. We didnt turn the ball over.* the 49ers made a living off turnovers all season. I wouldnt call their 13-3 lucky.

and let me clarify - the Refs made the RIGHT call by not calling it not a fumble - but it still could of gone against us

Tell me you weren't honestly surprised when that call went our way?

I was in shock.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:44 PM

you can look at it from both angles. Calling it luck takes away all the credit we deserve for playin our hearts out and leaving it all on the field. Giants took advantage of opportunists, thats what good team do.

I agree ... and had that "luck" gone the other way we would now be talking about how close we got to going to the Super Bowl.

In tight games, luck is a powerful thing.

And when I say "luck", our play had nothing to do with Kyle Williams muffing the first punt, nor the refs calling the Bradshaw fumble a non-fumble (and I agree with the call btw ... just saying it could have gone the other way easily).

What we *DID* with that luck is what great teams do.

shotcalla39
02-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm a little worried about Brady .. scared is too strong a word... What really scares me is your username

But I do agree he would of imploded last week if he played the 9ers... I called up patriots radio and mentioned that and they agreed Eli is probably the best in the face of pressure

nygsb42champs
02-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Brady is not overated and to call him a bum is crazy.

bflo23
02-01-2012, 01:47 PM

Typical Kruunch troll response.

Keep on believing that the Giants got lucky and that your Patriots outplayed the Ravens.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:48 PM

I was in shock.

Actually I had a feeling that something bad was going to happen with the way they had Bradshaw stood up, my eyes shifted to the ref running up from the bottom of the screen and I hear him start the whistle and he stopped it, i looked up and then they ripped the ball out, then the ref continues the whistle

so i KNEW he blew the whistle before the ball came out.... I screamed that the whistle blew - had it changed or been overturned i would of lsot my ****...

When its a play with the whistle, I know that its always constant. If that whistle was blown, regardless, the play was over. So i felt confident we were good..

but i know what ur saying. The paranoid giants fan i am, i just assume everything is going to go against us

vcruz2013
02-01-2012, 01:50 PM

I was in shock.

If you were in shock, it should have only been because the refs have favoritism for other teams... I wasn't shocked because it was the right call...

How is it luck that a player on the other team made a mistake? That is ridiculous. Luck would be if one of our players made a similar mistake, but we managed to get it back, or something of the like.

Eli TO Shockey
02-01-2012, 01:51 PM

but u can't tell me the ball skimming the player on a punt isn't a lucky break - it is.

We played the game good and stepped up when we had the opportunities... but we didn't make our own opportunities...

and unforced error is what happened. But **** happens, we've had plenty of ****ty things like that happen to us all year. I don't mind saying that sometimes its better to be lucky than good.* Our offense couldn't move the ball.

But i'm not claling JWills strip luck, he saw the way the player was holding the ball and got there in time to knock it out...

Right. So let's not give devin Thomas Any credit for hustling his butt off on that play, seeing the ball bounce of Williams knee, and jumping on it . He did the same on the 2nd fumble. The opportunities presented themselves and we took advantage of it. If you ask me, Thomas was our MVP of that game.

Saying we got lucky insinuates that we Should have lost and I don't see it that way . SF was like 1/12 on 3rd downs .

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:51 PM

I agree ... and had that "luck" gone the other way we would now be talking about how close we got to going to the Super Bowl.

In tight games, luck is a powerful thing.

And when I say "luck", our play had nothing to do with Kyle Williams muffing the first punt, nor the refs calling the Bradshaw fumble a non-fumble (and I agree with the call btw ... just saying it could have gone the other way easily).

<font size="6">What we *DID* with that luck is what great teams do</font>.

perfectly said

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 01:53 PM

Keep on believing that the Giants got lucky and that your Patriots outplayed the Ravens.

thats pretty ridic to say

are u saying that it was talent on our part that the ball skimmed Williams knee, that two defenders ran into each other when a ball was thrown right to them, or that if the ref had waited a half second before deciding to blow the whistle that it may of been a fumble?

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:55 PM
If you were in shock, it should have only been because the refs have favoritism for other teams... I wasn't shocked because it was the right call...

I was in shock BECAUSE it was the right call. We've been getting hosed on those types of calls all year.

How is it luck that a player on the other team made a mistake? That is ridiculous. Luck would be if one of our players made a similar mistake, but we managed to get it back, or something of the like.

It's "luck" because we don't determine it happening (which would be "skill" if we did).

And it's something that's drilled into every kick returner in the league ... if you're not going to field the ball get the hell away from it.

Conversely, the strip of Williams in OT was pure skill (in addition to Williams being a nubcake rookie and not securing the ball in traffic).

jjj45
02-01-2012, 01:56 PM
every QB has strengths and weaknesses. Brady is no different. What he lacks in opinionated toughness he makes up for in spades in other ways. </p>

To call him over rated IMO is a joke. He is a 3 time SB MVP has been there 4 times. His win loss record while Qbing the Pats is rediculous. If he was a the Giants QB for the last 11 years with the same stats and recordsyour stories would be quite different for sure. </p>

Look....I want to see him get his *** kicked this Sunday for sure. But I wont sit there and delude myself that this guys isnt one of the best.<font size="4">He can torch the Giants if given the time to do so....</font></p>

</p>Its kinda funny you mention that. Cause charlie whithurst and vince young can do that too.

Got to get pressure!!! And any Quarterback will turn into a crying girl....Well, except for maybe Eli Manning.

Dover Giant
02-01-2012, 01:56 PM
If Tom Lady (almost spit my coffee) had been playing the niners he'd been all over the line. Not once did Eli call out his line.

vcruz2013
02-01-2012, 01:57 PM

I was in shock BECAUSE it was the right call. We've been getting hosed on those types of calls all year.

It's "luck" because we don't determine it happening (which would be "skill" if we did).

And it's something that's drilled into every kick returner in the league ... if you're not going to field the ball get the hell away from it.

Conversely, the strip of Williams in OT was pure skill (in addition to Williams being a nubcake rookie and not securing the ball in traffic).

I think we just have different opinions on luck.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 01:58 PM

thats pretty ridic to say

are u saying that it was talent on our part that the ball skimmed Williams knee, that two defenders ran into each other when a ball was thrown right to them, or that if the ref had waited a half second before deciding to blow the whistle that it may of been a fumble?

You have to forgive him ... he's in the moment still.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:13 PM

and unforced error is what happened. But **** happens, we've had plenty of ****ty things like that happen to us all year. I don't mind saying that sometimes its better to be lucky than good. Our offense couldn't move the ball.

Right. So let's not give devin Thomas Any credit for hustling his butt off on that play, seeing the ball bounce of Williams knee, and jumping on it . He did the same on the 2nd fumble. The opportunities presented themselves and we took advantage of it. If you ask me, Thomas was our MVP of that game.

Saying we got lucky insinuates that we Should have lost and I don't see it that way . SF was like 1/12 on 3rd downs .

stttttttttttttopppp itttttttttttt

hustling his butt off?

HES COVERING A PUNT! lol Thats what his job is, run down field and make sure u tackle the ball carrier or stop the ball from rolling into end zone. We were lucky the ball nipped williams. We're amont Giants fans here, we don't have to lie to each other. Great eye by DT to see it touched him, but lets stop acting like it wasn't lucky.

DT's hustle had nothing to do with it, the returner let the ball go. HAd he not seen it and just went down to where it stopped and picked it up and we THEN challanged that it was a fumble we would of still gotten the ball.

SAying that play wasn't a lucky break for us tells me that you got your blinders on. And either way, this is all stemming from whoever said Brady got lucky last week and that we should kill him, well if ur calling those plays lucky then no way u can say our plays weren't lucky

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:14 PM

just curious, whats your definition of luck

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:14 PM
If Tom Lady (almost spit my coffee) had been playing the niners he'd been all over the line. Not once did Eli call out his line.

excellent point, completely agree

but it has nothing to do with what we are talking about

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:15 PM
every QB has strengths and weaknesses. Brady is no different. What he lacks in opinionated toughness he makes up for in spades in other ways. </p>

To call him over rated IMO is a joke. He is a 3 time SB MVP has been there 4 times. His win loss record while Qbing the Pats is rediculous. If he was a the Giants QB for the last 11 years with the same stats and recordsyour stories would be quite different for sure. </p>

Look....I want to see him get his *** kicked this Sunday for sure. But I wont sit there and delude myself that this guys isnt one of the best.<font size="4">He can torch the Giants if given the time to do so....</font></p>

</p>Its kinda funny you mention that. Cause charlie whithurst and vince young can do that too.

Got to get pressure!!! And any Quarterback will turn into a crying girl....Well, except for maybe Eli Manning.

the thing u should take out of that is that if Charlie Whitehurst can do it, what do u think BRady could do given the chance?

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:16 PM

and i'm with u on that second fumble... that was something forced... that was something that WE did and was a FORCED fumble...

jomo
02-01-2012, 02:17 PM

To call him over rated IMO is a joke. He is a 3 time SB MVP has been there 4 times. His win loss record while Qbing the Pats is rediculous. If he was a the Giants QB for the last 11 years with the same stats and records*your stories would be quite different for sure. </p>

Look....I want to see him get his *** kicked this Sunday for sure. But I wont sit there and delude myself that this guys isnt one of the best.*<font size="4">He can torch the Giants if given the time to do so....</font></p>

*</p>Its kinda funny you mention that. Cause charlie whithurst and vince young can do that too.

You left John Kitna off that list. This game will come down to pressure on the golden pretty boy.

vcruz2013
02-01-2012, 02:19 PM

"Luck would be if one of our players made a similar mistake, but we managed to get it back, or something of the like."

I don't consider a mistake on the other team "luck". The same way I don't consider Cundiff missing the kick, or Evans dropping an easy TD luck. I feel it's just a cop out to be like "OH THE OTHER TEAM MESSED UP, WE GOT LUCKY"... I'd prefer it to be "OH WE MESSED UP, BUT AVOIDED NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES, WE GOT LUCKY".

vcruz2013
02-01-2012, 02:24 PM

and unforced error is what happened. But **** happens, we've had plenty of ****ty things like that happen to us all year. I don't mind saying that sometimes its better to be lucky than good.* Our offense couldn't move the ball.

and i'm with u on that second fumble... that was something forced... that was something that WE did and was a FORCED fumble...

And how wasn't that luck? Not securing a football on the biggest punt return of your life? How is that different from not avoiding a bouncing ball off a punt in your direction. I feel those are quite similar in terms of "rookie mistake".

for the record, I believe neither of those occurrences were lucky, rather, simply mistakes on the opposing team's side that we capitalized on.

If that was A.Ross returning a punt, and he didn't secure the ball the same way Williams did, and a SF player knocked it lose... BUT we managed to recover, THAT'S luck.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:26 PM

"Luck would be if one of our players made a similar mistake, but we managed to get it back, or something of the like."

I don't consider a mistake on the other team "luck". The same way I don't consider Cundiff missing the kick, or Evans dropping an easy TD luck. I feel it's just a cop out to be like "OH THE OTHER TEAM MESSED UP, WE GOT LUCKY"... I'd prefer it to be "OH WE MESSED UP, BUT AVOIDED NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES, WE GOT LUCKY".

well i guess we'll just agree to disagree...

in a defensive game where not many points were being scored and neither offense could move the ball past the 50, an unprovoked turnover that gave us the ball in scoring range which basically gave us the abilitiy to tie the game is lucky.

So by your theory, there is only one way to be lucky?

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:28 PM

And how wasn't that luck? Not securing a football on the biggest punt return of your life? How is that different from not avoiding a bouncing ball off a punt in your direction. I feel those are quite similar in terms of "rookie mistake".

for the record, I believe neither of those occurrences were lucky, rather, simply mistakes on the opposing team's side that we capitalized on.

If that was A.Ross returning a punt, and he didn't secure the ball the same way Williams did, and a SF player knocked it lose... BUT we managed to recover, THAT'S luck.

stripping the player of the ball is a football play... defensive play

a ball barely grazing the players knee pad to the point where he honestly thought it didn't touch him which put us in position to tie is a completely different thing.

One was a lucky bounce that went our way the other was a play made by a player.... i mean u can split hairs all you want on it but that is what it is

And I agree that in your Ross example that would be luck. Any time a ball carrier loses possession and gets it back, its also lucky. Your just twisting your definition of luck to suit your argument here.

I don't honestly believe that you think a blunder that big, in a spot like that, in the way it happened wasn't a lucky situation

If roles were reversed and that ball bounced off Ross's knee and the 9ers got it and scored and they won - im sure u'd be arguing with 49er fans how lucky they were. In a similiar way that ur sticking to ur story that it was something else than a lucky play as a Giant fan whose team benefitted off that play

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:29 PM

I would see either way as being "lucky" in the context of a game.

I thought we were lucky that the Bradshaw fumble was called a non-fumble (the right call maybe, but certainly could have been called the other way).

I thought we were lucky that the two really bad passes Eli threw didn't get picked off because the defenders ran into eachother.

That fits your definition no?

burier
02-01-2012, 02:31 PM

in a defensive game where not many points were being scored and neither offense could move the ball past the 50, an unprovoked turnover that gave us the ball in scoring range which basically gave us the abilitiy to tie the game is lucky.

but wouldn't you say that as the game wore on with the weather that a mistake with the ball was bound to happen and the team that best protected against such a mistake deserved to win?

I definately got the sense that it was going to come down to someone making some sort of mistake and when it comes down to a game of attrition the team that faulters first deserves to lose and the team that doesn't faulter deserves to win.

If it was a 15 round heavy weight bout and one guy is completely spent in the 15th round and loses is that luck?

vcruz2013
02-01-2012, 02:32 PM

a ball barely grazing the players knee pad to the point where he honestly thought it didn't touch him which put us in position to tie is a completely different thing.

One was a lucky bounce that went our way the other was a play made by a player.... i mean u can split hairs all you want on it but that is what it is

"stripping the player of the ball is a football play... defensive play"

Sure a defensive play, albeit a "lucky" defensive play, if you determine luck by a rookie mistake.

Lol you can't say "it is what it is" on such a subjective subject. It isn't what it is. It's all opinion-based, and as you said, we must agree to disagree on this subject.

vcruz2013
02-01-2012, 02:33 PM

I thought we were lucky that the Bradshaw fumble was called a non-fumble (the right call maybe, but certainly could have been called the other way).

I thought we were lucky that the two really bad passes Eli threw didn't get picked off because the defenders ran into eachother.

If we were lucky that the correct call on the field was made, I feel you are way off-base on what luck is.

And no, I don't feel that two players running into each other in the secondary is luck. As it was a mistake on the SF's secondary. Had the ball been intercepted and then fumbled on the return giving us the ball back in better field position, that would be lucky. But, as I've said, I don't consider a mistake made by the other team luck.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:35 PM
If we were lucky that the correct call on the field was made, I feel you are way off-base on what luck is.

Ok we can agree to disagree then.

No harm no foul.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:35 PM

but wouldn't you say that as the game wore on with the weather that a mistake with the ball was bound to happen and the team that best protected against such a mistake deserved to win?

I definately got the sense that it was going to come down to someone making some sort of mistake and when it comes down to a game of attrition the team that faulters first deserves to lose and the team that doesn't faulter deserves to win.

If it was a 15 round heavy weight bout and one guy is completely spent in the 15th round and loses is that luck?

dropped balls, fumbles, things of tha tnature yea

this was just a dumb mistake by a rookie. Weather played little if any...

Is that where this argument is going now? Williams was too close to the ball because the field was wet?

come on now.

Your 15 round boxing example is awful lol. How does that relate to what happened on that first Williams fumble

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:37 PM

"stripping the player of the ball is a football play... defensive play"

Sure a defensive play, albeit a "lucky" defensive play, if you determine luck by a rookie mistake.

Lol you can't say "it is what it is" on such a subjective subject. It isn't what it is. It's all opinion-based, and as you said, we must agree to disagree on this subject.

your the one calling a forced turnover lucky, not me

I have the common sense enough to see a distinction in one player forcing something to happen vs a ball bouncing and a player being dumb enough to be close to it when hes trying to let it bounce behind him. If you want to put the two in the same catagory you can, but i am confident in saying that if roles were reversed your argument would be changed - mine wouldn't

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:40 PM

And no, I don't feel that two players running into each other in the secondary is luck. As it was a mistake on the SF's secondary. Had the ball been intercepted and then fumbled on the return giving us the ball back in better field position, that would be lucky. But, as I've said, I don't consider a mistake made by the other team luck.

again - your arguement is based on the results that favor the Giants to try and justify the win.

If roles were reversed and we lost that game, im sure u'd be telling 9er fans how lucky they were that the ball barely grazed ross's knee...

it was a lucky play

Luck does play its part in football games. It went our way one time, its okay to accept that. We played good enough to be in that game and luck put us over the top

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:41 PM

Ok we can agree to disagree then.

No harm no foul.

lol i know im being a ****, but i just can't let this go

Luck isn't pigeon-holed to only the specific instances that this person chooses... i still say if roles were reversed his argument would be changed

vcruz2013
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM

again - your arguement is based on the results that favor the Giants to try and justify the win.

If roles were reversed and we lost that game, im sure u'd be telling 9er fans how lucky they were that the ball barely grazed ross's knee...

it was a lucky play

Luck does play its part in football games. It went our way one time, its okay to accept that.* We played good enough to be in that game and luck put us over the top

You just have a very loose definition of luck. In my opinion.

RedskinHater
02-01-2012, 02:43 PM

YOU don`'t have to be " scared " of Brady : YOU are not playing him ![:|]

burier
02-01-2012, 02:44 PM

Is that where this argument is going now? Williams was too close to the ball because the field was wet?

come on now.

Your 15 round boxing example is awful lol. How does that relate to what happened on that first Williams fumble

I was more so talking about the last fumble but what are you saying?

Are you saying that wind and rain and a soaked field might not cause a player to miss judge the bounce of a football?

Because that would be incorrect. If you look at the play the reason the ball hit the player was because he misjudged the angle the ball would take off the ground....the angle the ball took was effected by the weather.

But to simplify its just a matter of fact...the game is close...its a championship game...high pressure... it requires mental toughness to return that number of punts without making a mistake. (Like the ball hitting you in the knee or having it stripped. Similar to avoiding getting your face punched in even though you're too tired to keep your hands up)

Someone's going to blink and the team that does loses. It has nothing to do with luck. Our return guy would have put one on the ground eventually too.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:46 PM
I disagree that my definition is loose

I think that if an unforced turnover that gives a team points in a defensive battle in which the game went to OT was a lucky break

Luck: Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.

and im sorry, but what part of William's first fumble was caused through our own actions

i think we are completely on target with what luck actually means...

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:49 PM

come on now.

I was more so talking about the last fumble but what are you saying?

Are you saying that wind and rain and a soaked field might not cause a player to miss judge the bounce of a football?

Because that would be incorrect. If you look at the play the reason the ball hit the player was because he misjudged the angle the ball would take off the ground....the angle the ball took was effected by the weather.

But to simplify its just a matter of fact...the game is close...its a championship game...high pressure... it requires mental toughness to return that number of punts without making a mistake. (Like the ball hitting you in the knee or having it stripped. Similar to avoiding getting your face punched in even though you're too tired to keep your hands up)

Someone's going to blink and the team that does loses. It has nothing to do with luck. Our return guy would have put one on the ground eventually too.

He did an awful job of making sure to clear out of the area... the weather had nothing to do with it, the player made the stupid mistake and it barely grazed him. Regardless it was an unforced turnovers.

There is a big difference from the ball just grazing your knee and having a ball forced out of your possession.

Luck: Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
You know you've put too much time between the conference championship and the Super Bowl when you're reduced to debating the various philisophical differences of the word "luck".

burier
02-01-2012, 02:53 PM

I think that if an unforced turnover that gives a team points in a defensive battle in which the game went to OT was a lucky break

and im sorry, but what part of William's first fumble was caused through our own actions

By that definition you can call anything luck. We're lucky the 49ers recievers suck.

We're luck they're QB isn't that good.

We're lucky they went away from the run too soon.

It never stops.

Honestly on the muff the ball was punted (intentionally or not) and it hit the ground before reaching the returner. Weatherford could have kicked it farther, He could have gotten more air under it..He could have kicked it out of bounds but he kicked it like he kicked it and the result was the result.

For all we know Wheathford punted it the way he did on the off chance that the returner would try to field in and muff it in the bad weather. (Note that the returner had already made a questionable decision in the return game)

You make your own luck.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
You make your own luck.

That saying is oxymoronic.

Which is fitting coming from you.

Since we're debating definitions of the word "luck" and all.

vcruz2013
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
You know you've put too much time between the conference championship and the Super Bowl when you're reduced to debating the various philisophical differences of the word "luck".

lol indeed... how many more days til the show??

GameTime
02-01-2012, 02:56 PM
To call him over rated IMO is a joke. He is a 3 time SB MVP has been there 4 times. His win loss record while Qbing the Pats is rediculous. If he was a the Giants QB for the last 11 years with the same stats and recordsyour stories would be quite different for sure.2x Super Bowl MVP... duh.
</P>

oh only two thats right....yeah he is overated then.....:)</P>

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 02:56 PM

lol indeed... how many more days til the show??

Too .... many .... gah!

vcruz2013
02-01-2012, 02:57 PM

By that definition you can call anything luck. We're lucky the 49ers recievers suck.

We're luck they're QB isn't that good.

We're lucky they went away from the run too soon.

It never stops.

Honestly on the muff the ball was punted (intentionally or not) and it hit the ground before reaching the returner. Weatherford could have kicked it farther, He could have gotten more air under it..He could have kicked it out of bounds but he kicked it like he kicked it and the result was the result.

For all we know Wheathford punted it the way he did on the off chance that the returner would try to field in and muff it in the bad weather. (Note that the returner had already made a questionable decision in the return game)

You make your own luck.

That's my point... the second you start calling simple mistakes (dropped ball, misjudging of ball trajectory, ect) luck, then everything starts becoming luck. It's a slippery slope, and frankly takes away from the game, which is a game of variables.

GameTime
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM

To call him over rated IMO is a joke. He is a 3 time SB MVP has been there 4 times. His win loss record while Qbing the Pats is rediculous. If he was a the Giants QB for the last 11 years with the same stats and recordsyour stories would be quite different for sure. </P>

Look....I want to see him get his *** kicked this Sunday for sure. But I wont sit there and delude myself that this guys isnt one of the best.He can torch the Giants if given the time to do so....</P>

</P>

I highly doubt he will torch us because we will bring pressure. Brady only torches teams when he has 10 seconds or more to throw. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>He is useless when he needs to scramble</FONT>.</P>

I didnt say he would torch the Giants but if he time to throw he will. You say 10 seconds.....a QB having "all day" as they say is like 5 or 6 seconds. </P>

Heis useless when he needs to scramble but yet he is still one of the best. Oh well.....</P>

</P>

G-Man67
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
why would you be scared of him?, you are not playing against him

bflo23
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Brady went 10-0 in his first 10 playoff games. The spygate days!

Since then he is 6-5 in the playoffs and has like 70 QB rating. Coincidence?

Eli TO Shockey
02-01-2012, 03:11 PM

hustling his butt off?

HES COVERING A PUNT! lol Thats what his job is, run down field and make sure u tackle the ball carrier or stop the ball from rolling into end zone. We were lucky the ball nipped williams. We're amont Giants fans here, we don't have to lie to each other. Great eye by DT to see it touched him, but lets stop acting like it wasn't lucky.

DT's hustle had nothing to do with it, the returner let the ball go. HAd he not seen it and just went down to where it stopped and picked it up and we THEN challanged that it was a fumble we would of still gotten the ball.

SAying that play wasn't a lucky break for us tells me that you got your blinders on. And either way, this is all stemming from whoever said Brady got lucky last week and that we should kill him, well if ur calling those plays lucky then no way u can say our plays weren't lucky

I never thought Brady and the pats got lucky. They put themselves in a position to win. Ravens shanked a field goal to tie. but...they PUT THEMSELVELES IN A POSITION TO WIN. Bad calls on the field are what I consider "Lucky" plays. there were neither in the giants game. Unless, of course you feel that AB did fumble. which IMO, could have went either way. but wasnt a bad call, as his forward progess was stopped and he was clearly going backwards.

bottom line.....Giants and Pats put themselves in a position to win and both won games. Both deserve to be here.

and like I said erlier. the 49ers pride themselves on special teams. They made a living on turning the ball over and making plays. Giants beat them at their own game. I guess the 9ers got lucky all season and stumbled on 13 wins

OX1
02-01-2012, 03:11 PM
And when I say "luck", our play had nothing to do with Kyle Williams muffing the first punt,

Incorrect. Game plan from the beginning was to use the 9ers MO and try to take out K Williams. Sash wacked him real good before the first muff. No guarantee we get a muff, but to say you know we had "nothing" to do with it is incorrect.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 03:12 PM

I want to say "get over it already" but you have actually made an interesting point.

I'm shocked.

P.S. - Seriously ... interesting stat there (although their regular season wins are still fairly solid)

burier
02-01-2012, 03:13 PM

I'd say not a coincidence.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 03:13 PM
And when I say "luck", our play had nothing to do with Kyle Williams muffing the first punt,

* Incorrect. Game plan from the beginning was to use the 9ers MO and try to take out K Williams. Sash wacked him real good before the first muff. No guarantee we get a muff, but to say you know we had "nothing" to do with it is incorrect.*

So you're going with "we knocked him around so much prior to that punt that he didn't know where he and the ball coming directly at him were"?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

burier
02-01-2012, 03:21 PM

* Incorrect. Game plan from the beginning was to use the 9ers MO and try to take out K Williams. Sash wacked him real good before the first muff. No guarantee we get a muff, but to say you know we had "nothing" to do with it is incorrect.*

In all honesty luck has nothing to do with it and anyone saying it was luck is very confused.

Returning kicks/punts are part of the game.

Just like kicking the ball through the sticks is part of the game. If you can't execute it you lose.

People have been drinking the Pats Kool-aid to the point of insanity.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 03:24 PM

In all honesty luck has nothing to do with it and anyone saying it was luck is very confused.

Just like kicking the ball through the sticks is part of the game. If you can't execute it you lose.

You're right it wasn't luck ... it was TELEKINESIS!

Devin Thomas used the Force!

burier
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM

*Sigh*

So if a kicker misses a kick is that luck too?

If so then fine. The Giants are lucky the pats are lucky we'll see who has more luck sunday.

jjj45
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
the thing u should take out of that is that if Charlie Whitehurst can do it, what do u think BRady could do given the chance?
Does it really make a difference? Yeah tom brady is much better than those guys, but if you are a QB in the NFL, and you have 5 years to throw, anyone will look like a world beater. Thats my point.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 03:44 PM

You don't think the Pats felt lucky that Cundiff botched a 32 yard FG attempt?

Moss#83
02-01-2012, 03:45 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/story?id=7527092&_slug_=a-game-plan-stop-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-nfl&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fplayoffs%2f2011%2fstory%3fid%3d7527092%26_slug_ %3da-game-plan-stop-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-nfl

LOL one of the worst QB in the NFL when under pressure.

OX1
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM

Incorrect. Game plan from the beginning was to use the 9ers MO and try to take out K Williams. Sash wacked him real good before the first muff. No guarantee we get a muff, but to say you know we had "nothing" to do with it is incorrect.

So you're going with "we knocked him around so much prior to that punt that he didn't know where he and the ball coming directly at him were"?

No, I'm saying he hesitated just enough in his decision to go for the ball or not, that he was way closer to that ball than he should have been if he was intent on letting it go from the get go.......... Did our plan work or not, who knows.

Did Rodgers really have bad day or was it running for his life the whole game that made his throws off?? Will never know either answer, but unless you think thomas and williams (g-men) made the story up after the fact, how can you not give them some credit for possibly getting williams (9ers) into a woozy and/or indecisive state. May have been the best part of the game plan the giants had all day........

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:49 PM

hustling his butt off?

I never thought Brady and the pats got lucky. They put themselves in a position to win. Ravens shanked a field goal to tie. but...they PUT THEMSELVELES IN A POSITION TO WIN. Bad calls on the field are what I consider "Lucky" plays. there were neither in the giants game. Unless, of course you feel that AB did fumble. which IMO, could have went either way. but wasnt a bad call, as his forward progess was stopped and he was clearly going backwards.

bottom line.....Giants and Pats put themselves in a position to win and both won games. Both deserve to be here.

and like I said erlier. the 49ers pride themselves on special teams. They made a living on turning the ball over and making plays. Giants beat them at their own game. I guess the 9ers got lucky all season and stumbled on 13 wins

well u jumped in mid convo there slappy

I do feel that we lucked out wtih that first "FUMBLE" by Williams

but regardless, would u agree that if somebody were to consider the Pats lucky, that they should also consider us lucky?

I never said we didn't deserve to be there. Sometimes the ball bounces your way, its inevitable, its life, its football, how many times did we not get the lucky break in calls? I mean it happens

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:50 PM

now compare the defenses in his first 10 games compared to the defenses hes had since

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:51 PM

so because we tried to "wack him real good", that means we caused the ball to graze off his leg?

elismom
02-01-2012, 03:53 PM

so because we tried to* "wack him real good", that means we caused the ball to graze off his leg?

Caraziest thing about the Williams thing is the guy who posted on some san fram board in like 09 that he was prone to fumbling and actually lost his last game at AZ to AZ state with a muffed punt return.

I understand that he was a backup to gin but really this was SF fault for playing him

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:55 PM

actually by the literal meaning of the word luck, it would fall under the catagory of luck.

I've never heard somebody argue that an unforced turnover was something other than luck.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:56 PM

*Sigh*

If so then fine. The Giants are lucky the pats are lucky we'll see who has more luck sunday.

lol u've been making awful comparisons on this matter....

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 03:56 PM

so because we tried to* "wack him real good", that means we caused the ball to graze off his leg?

Caraziest thing about the Williams thing is the guy who posted on some san fram board in like 09 that he was prone to fumbling and actually lost his last game at AZ to AZ state with a muffed punt return.

I understand that he was a backup to gin but really this was SF fault for playing him

That I agree with.

TC specifically had Ross go down early on returns to secure the ball (and 2 returners back at all times).

Harbaugh did not and he let the previous miscues of his returner slide and it eventually cost him the game.

Again.... great teams capitalizing on the luck that is thrown their way.

burier
02-01-2012, 03:57 PM

I'm not going to split hairs. As long as you're consistent then good for you.

too me its on the the players to execute in order to win a game. Part of what you MUST do in order to win is execute a kick, execute a return etc.

To me calling the Pats lucky for Cundiff's failure to execute a kick is no different than calling the Giants lucky when the Pats are unable to execute their blocking schemes.

Execution is part of what you need to do to win. If you can't execute you lose.

There was no lucky bounce. That player didn't execute the return. He could have fielded it on the hop he could have fielded it the air or he could have gotten the hell away from it. But he didn't. He had a mental lapse and he muffed the punt.

Hell some would argue that he shouldn't have even been back there returning punts in the first place.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:57 PM

No, I'm saying he hesitated just enough in his decision to go for the ball or not, that he was way closer to that ball than he should have been if he was intent on letting it go from the get go.......... Did our plan work or not, who knows.

Did Rodgers really have bad day or was it running for his life the whole game that made his throws off?? Will never know either answer, but unless you think thomas and williams (g-men) made the story up after the fact, how can you not give them some credit for possibly getting williams (9ers) into a woozy and/or indecisive state. May have been the best part of the game plan the giants had all day........

when it comes to that specific story, it has baffled me from the start...

are our players not alwyas trying to hit ball carriers as hard and effectively as possible all the time?

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Does it really make a difference? Yeah tom brady is much better than those guys, but if you are a QB in the NFL, and you have 5 years to throw, anyone will look like a world beater. Thats my point.

Well I think its silly to suggest that Tom Brady isn't somebody to not worry about. The guy has weapons and has proven himself and will already a first ballet HOFer. If anybody is not worried about his skills, then i dunno what to tell ya

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:02 PM

so because we tried to "wack him real good", that means we caused the ball to graze off his leg?

absolutely, they should of yanked him

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:04 PM

too me its on the the players to execute in order to win a game. Part of what you MUST do in order to win is execute a kick, execute a return etc.

To me calling the Pats lucky for Cundiff's failure to execute a kick is no different than calling the Giants lucky when the Pats are unable to execute their blocking schemes.

There was no lucky bounce. That player didn't execute the return. He could have fielded it on the hop he could have fielded it the air or he could have gotten the hell away from it. But he didn't. He had a mental lapse and he muffed the punt.

Hell some would argue that he shouldn't have even been back there returning punts in the first place.

just curious on your thoughts about luck in regards to the two balls that, lets be honest, should of been picked where the two defenders collided into each other going for it

mind u, i've been labeled an eli apologist many times on these boards

jjj45
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Well I think its silly to suggest that Tom Brady isn't somebody to not worry about. The guy has weapons and has proven himself and will already a first ballet HOFer. If anybody is not worried about his skills, then i dunno what to tell ya
You are barking up the wrong tree with that one. I do think Brady is a player you have to worry about.

But with fierce pressure generated from the defense, that only ours and maybe the Steelers have in the entire league. Brady becomes ordinary.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM

You are barking up the wrong tree with that one. I do think Brady is a player you have to worry about.

But with fierce pressure generated from the defense, that only ours and maybe the Steelers have in the entire league. Brady becomes ordinary.

well with what your OP was it didn't seem that way

burier
02-01-2012, 04:14 PM

just curious on your thoughts about luck in regards to the two balls that, lets be honest, should of been picked where the two defenders collided into each other going for it

I deal in reality. I don't play the should coulda woulda card when it comes to football.

That ball that Eli threw that could have (Maybe should have) been intercepted but resulted in a collision is once again situation where one team could not execute the interception therefore they don't deserve to have an interception. Bad throw (miscommunication) bad defensive play...its a push lets see what happens on the next down.

You wanna know something that I call luck. in 2009 I think it was KP caught a ball off Wittens foot and took it in for a touchdown.

That's far closer to luck in my mind.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:16 PM

I deal in reality. I don't play the should coulda woulda card when it comes to football.

That ball that Eli threw that could have (Maybe should have) been intercepted but resulted in a collision is once again situation where one team could not execute the interception therefore they don't deserve to have an interception. Bad throw (miscommunication) bad defensive play...its a push lets see what happens on the next down.

You wanna know something that I call luck. in 2009 I think it was KP caught a ball off Wittens foot and took it in for a touchdown.

lol but u don't consider the ball grazing williams knee as lucky... okily dokily

rainierjef
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Braady to me is a system QB take him out of that system and he crumbles. give him the Giant O-Line vs San fran and he crumbles. put him in the NFC where we are know for defnese and he crumbles. thats just my opinion though. sure he can take advantage of defenses with time in the pocket, sure hes accurate with time in hte pocket, definitely he will throw a receiver open, or bomb it downfield with time in the pocket or his receivers not disrupted at the line. but i'm not falling for the hype that is brady.

we say he's the greatest of all time cause hes has this many superbowl rings, then thats saying dan marino sucks cause he has no superbowl wins, or that trent dilfer was a great cuase he has one superbowl ring.

the patriots, made a name out of sam cassel when brady went down, hoyer looked pretty good in that system. im not sacred of brady im scard of bellicheck.

your priorities are all wrong, rattle brady and hes nothing, but bellicheck will find ways to shift the line of att wrinkles in the protection to keep brady and his receivers un hampered to make big plays.

he played like **** in the ravens game, cause the brought pressure and blanketed his receivers. ****ing lee evans catches that ball and were preparing for ray rice and the media are in a frenzy about the decline of a great. its funny how you fans and the media looks at brady with is 2 interception game no TD's a rushing one i guess where it almost looked like he broke his spine. and less that 250 yards through the air and say omg your crazy to say brady isn't a god on the field but let eli have the same game and your all ready to throw him in the garbage compactor. smfh

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
no way to prove it one way or another, but my opinion is that your arguments would be different if the reverse happened and that ball skimmed ROss's knee

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Braady to me is a system QB take him out of that system and he crumbles. give him the Giant O-Line vs San fran and he crumbles. put him in the NFC where we are know for defnese and he crumbles. thats just my opinion though. sure he can take advantage of defenses with time in the pocket, sure hes accurate with time in hte pocket, definitely he will throw a receiver open, or bomb it downfield with time in the pocket or his receivers not disrupted at the line. but i'm not falling for the hype that is brady.

we say he's the greatest of all time cause hes has this many superbowl rings, then thats saying dan marino sucks cause he has no superbowl wins, or that trent dilfer was a great cuase he has one superbowl ring.

the patriots, made a name out of sam cassel when brady went down, hoyer looked pretty good in that system. im not sacred of brady im scard of bellicheck.

your priorities are all wrong, rattle brady and hes nothing, but bellicheck will find ways to shift the line of att wrinkles in the protection to keep brady and his receivers un hampered to make big plays.

he played like **** in the ravens game, cause the brought pressure and blanketed his receivers. ****ing lee evans catches that ball and were preparing for ray rice and the media are in a frenzy about the decline of a great. its funny how you fans and the media looks at brady with is 2 interception game no TD's a rushing one i guess where it almost looked like he broke his spine. and less that 250 yards through the air and say omg your crazy to say brady isn't a god on the field but let eli have the same game and your all ready to throw him in the garbage compactor. smfh

well the thing about Brady's system is that its basically changed 3 times over the course of his career... so if hes a system QB in 3 different offenses - isn't it time to just let that argument go?

And its the combination of wins, rings, superbowl appearances, superbowl wins, and stats

i mean what else are you going to judge it on?

Very few QBs don't crumble when getting wrecked.

Nobody is saying BRady dind't have a bad game... but i'm not also saying Brady is garabge because he had ONE bad game in which they won to get to the superbowl

burier
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM

lol but u don't consider the ball grazing williams knee as lucky... okily dokily

Sometimes it seems like you refuse to be reasoned with.

The guy didn't do what he was supposed to do and we did what we were supposed to do so we win.

In the Witten situation...the ball took a freak bounce.

jjj45
02-01-2012, 04:21 PM
That any QB will look amazing with NO pass rush trying to kill them? That wasn't a knock on Brady.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:27 PM
That any QB will look amazing with NO pass rush trying to kill them? That wasn't a knock on Brady.

well with the title of the thread combined with what you were responding to, with what u said I thought uwere saying something else

my mistake

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:29 PM

The guy didn't do what he was supposed to do and we did what we were supposed to do so we win.

okay well on the lucky play you referenced with Witten and KP - either Witten didn't complete the catch or Romo didn't execute a good enough ball - so how was that lucky?

Im sorry, because I just know if roles were reversed u wouldn't be taking this view on the play...

jjj45
02-01-2012, 04:31 PM

well with the title of the thread combined with what you were responding to, with what u said I thought uwere saying something else

my mistake
No problem. lol its hilarious how you are in like five arguments in one thread.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:34 PM

my mistake
No problem. lol its hilarious how you are in like five arguments in one thread.

lol whats even more funny is that im at work busy not doing **** and my boss knows not to **** with me during superbowl week hahahaha

burier
02-01-2012, 04:34 PM

okay well on the lucky play you referenced with Witten and KP - either Witten didn't complete the catch or Romo didn't execute a good enough ball - so how was that lucky?

Im sorry, because I just know if roles were reversed u wouldn't be taking this view on the play...

No if I'm being honest I think there were elements of that witten play that were lucky but in my heart of hearts I know Witten should have just caught the ball. He didn't execute so he lost. I was more being polite by mentioning that play than anything.

The only way I excuse a loss is if the refs got involved and that's happened once to the Giants since I've been a fan and we failed to execute on so many levels in that game its not even worth mentioning the refs botch job.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:35 PM

No if I'm being honest I think there were elements of that witten play that were lucky but in my heart of hearts I know Witten should have just caught the ball. He didn't execute so he lost. I was more being polite by mentioning that play than anything.

The only way I excuse a loss is if the refs got involved and that's happened once to the Giants since I've been a fan and we failed to execute on so many levels in that game its not even worth mentioning the refs botch job.

Im sorry, i can't call you realistic on this topic with your example of whats lucky and whats not... so we'll just agree to disagree i guess

NYDestroyer
02-01-2012, 04:43 PM

When most if not everyone disagrees with you, then it's time to go check your facts again. In your case you will have to check it about 10 times. Be afraid, be very afraid if the Giants PASS RUSH DON'T GET TO BRADY.

Moss#83
02-01-2012, 04:48 PM

When most if not everyone disagrees with you, then it's time to go check your facts again. In your case you will have to check it about 10 times.* Be afraid, be very afraid if the Giants PASS RUSH DON'T GET TO BRADY.
Brady is not a vertical passer. If Gronk isn't playing or he's not 100% then the Pats are doomed. Brady is going to get destroyed because he cannot find another way to win.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:51 PM

When most if not everyone disagrees with you, then it's time to go check your facts again. In your case you will have to check it about 10 times. Be afraid, be very afraid if the Giants PASS RUSH DON'T GET TO BRADY.
Brady is not a vertical passer. If Gronk isn't playing or he's not 100% then the Pats are doomed. Brady is going to get destroyed because he cannot find another way to win.

Brady is not a vertical passer?

Whats that mean?

A short passing game is how u beat our defense, I wish they were planning on playing the vertical game...

more tiem to hit him

Moss#83
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM

When most if not everyone disagrees with you, then it's time to go check your facts again. In your case you will have to check it about 10 times.* Be afraid, be very afraid if the Giants PASS RUSH DON'T GET TO BRADY.

Whats that mean?

A short passing game is how u beat our defense, I wish they were planning on playing the vertical game...

more tiem to hit him
He cannot pass down field like Eli does on a regular basis. With no Gronk they are SOL. It will be a field day for the GMEN D and I will be looking forward to the beating.

Manstache
02-01-2012, 04:59 PM

This guy is a bum and I have 0 respect for him. I hope JPP crushes this clown.an "overated bum"??? smh.. i aint scared of him either but be real with yourself bruh.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:59 PM

Whats that mean?

more tiem to hit him
He cannot pass down field like Eli does on a regular basis. With no Gronk they are SOL. It will be a field day for the GMEN D and I will be looking forward to the beating.

i think your suggesting that they don't have any deep threats, i think that would be unfair to say he can't throw it deep. Slaton and Ocho didn't do much, but they also were blowing teams out playing a small version of ball.

Quick slants and outs on 3 step drops is how you nuetralize a pass rush

Moss#83
02-01-2012, 05:05 PM

Whats that mean?

more tiem to hit him

i think your suggesting that they don't have any deep threats, i think that would be unfair to say he can't throw it deep.* Slaton and Ocho didn't do much, but they also were blowing teams out playing a small version of ball.

Quick slants and outs on 3 step drops is how you nuetralize a pass rush
Exactly, it was a mix of both. Brady hasn't gone vertical in a while. He has a decent arm just doesn't take chances. With no Gronk, his short passing game takes a huge hit. What are his other options now?

Will the great Brady make adjustments? I don't have faith in him and I think he will crack under pressure. We will talk about how ridiculous our O line was but in reality it is just Brady hearing footsteps.

Welka_fan
02-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Ahahahaha @ Any giants fan agreeing with OP.

Get real.

TB12=GOAT.

07 MVP year. 3 Superbowl titles, 5 appearancces.

07 he threw vertical better then any QB in NFL history (TD Rec)

'10 He had another historic year (4 ints, stellar stats) against EXCELLENT defenses all year (from Pitt to Baltimore to solid-at-the-time NYJ--you name it), we played em)carrying his team to #1 seed

And '11, some more ridiculous stats..

But nah, he's the fluke

Brady doesn't "need" anyone to beat the Giants on Sunday...they're pretty inconsistent and very capable of beating themselves. Peaking now, yes, but we'll see Sunday

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Get real.

TB12=GOAT.

'10 He had another historic year (4 ints, stellar stats) against EXCELLENT defenses all year (from Pitt to Baltimore to solid-at-the-time NYJ--you name it), we played em)carrying his team to #1 seed

But nah, he's the fluke

Brady doesn't "need" anyone to beat the Giants on Sunday...they're pretty inconsistent and very capable of beating themselves. Peaking now, yes, but we'll see Sunday

its just as dumb as the post u started here earlier today

Moss#83
02-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Get real.

TB12=GOAT.

But nah, he's the fluke

Brady doesn't "need" anyone to beat the Giants on Sunday...they're pretty inconsistent and very capable of beating themselves. Peaking now, yes, but we'll see SundayAll of that will mean nothing when he gets a little pressure on him. LOL he will be waving his hands up in the air to the refs in no time further embarassing himself on national TV..

People around the NFL will find out which QB has balls of steel and hopefully will finally get his due.

bflo23
02-01-2012, 06:02 PM
One of the biggest differences between Eli and Brady is:

When Eli gets pressured, gets knocked down 20 times and gets roughed up, Eli says "Is that all you got?" and continues to makes big plays.

When Brady gets pressured, he gets happy feet and doesn't make the plays. And if he ever gets hit, he is immediately running to the ref begging for a flag. The Brady Rules! Some players handle defensive pressure better and Brady isn't one of them.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 06:07 PM
One of the biggest differences between Eli and Brady is:

When Eli gets pressured, gets knocked down 20 times and gets roughed up, Eli says "Is that all you got?" and continues to makes big plays.

When Brady gets pressured, he gets happy feet and doesn't make the plays. And if he ever gets hit, he is immediately running to the ref begging for a flag. The Brady Rules! Some players handle defensive pressure better and Brady isn't one of them.

absolutely true

Brady don't got the huevos that eli does

NYDestroyer
02-01-2012, 06:15 PM

This is my last reply because I don't want to lose brain cells reading comments if that's possible lol. All I am going to say is take a look at the season when the Pats when 18-1. LOL, why did I even reply to this thread? You give a QB enought time he will find someone even if that means he has to go vertical.

suzyq
02-01-2012, 06:16 PM
don't think the G Men are scared either

bflo23
02-01-2012, 06:19 PM
absolutely true

And while Eli Manning didn't have the best statistic game vs the 49ers, I think everyone who seen him take all those hits and make all those plays vs the 49ers really have to give him plenty of respect. I am more impressed by that game than the other playoff games. Eli knows he is gonna get crushed by 3 defenders but he will hold the ball to the very last split second and then make the nice throw to his receiver.

If Brady should have 3 defenders barreling down on him, he is going rush to get rid of the ball as soon as possible just to avoid the hit. And when he gets hit, he will throw his hands in the air and beg the ref for flag. I have seen the Brady rules too many times.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 06:25 PM
absolutely true

And while Eli Manning didn't have the best statistic game vs the 49ers, I think everyone who seen him take all those hits and make all those plays vs the 49ers really have to give him plenty of respect. I am more impressed by that game than the other playoff games. Eli knows he is gonna get crushed by 3 defenders but he will hold the ball to the very last split second and then make the nice throw to his receiver.

If Brady should have 3 defenders barreling down on him, he is going rush to get rid of the ball as soon as possible just to avoid the hit. And when he gets hit, he will throw his hands in the air and beg the ref for flag. I have seen the Brady rules too many times.

well i think BRady would take the hit... just not sure he'd get back up. And not sure if he did get back up that he'd be able to act like the hit didn't happen

barran21
02-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Only reason to be scared of Brady is if the defense plays poorly...

OX1
02-01-2012, 06:56 PM

when it comes to that specific story, it has baffled me from the start...

are our players not alwyas trying to hit ball carriers as hard and effectively as possible all the time?

I would guess normally, you are trying to tackle the guy as your main mission. In this case, hitting the guy as hard as they could was the main mission. It may have been a risk/reward in that they may have hit him hard, but not tackled him as well or at all. It's the playoffs though, so you have to try everything and take risks.

If by doing that they made him more dazed, confused, scared, skittish, indecisive, etc.. than a guy who had not already had 4 concussions (which I guarantee after 4, it was constantly on his mind), then you have to give the g-men a bit of credit.

Of course that whole plan involved luck from the getgo, but doing what you can up front to egg the luck on never hurt and I believe our G-men did just that.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 07:23 PM
i think its safe to say that theory is a stretch at best...

if he was shaken to that point it would of been visual

miked1958
02-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Didn't page through and check every post. So sorry if this was mentioned. In Brady's last 11 postseason games his record is 6-5 so I dont think he is as deadly as he used to be

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 07:37 PM

That's actually a very well reasoned counter point.

Who are you and what have you done with our Burier?!

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 07:41 PM

I totally agree with this and is why I consider Peyton Manning (and perhaps Eli too) better than Brady.

Put Peyton on the Browns and they instantly become better.

Put Brady on the Browns and he becomes a 6th round draft pick.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM

well the thing about Brady's system is that its basically changed 3 times over the course of his career... so if hes a system QB in 3 different offenses - isn't it time to just let that argument go?

And its the combination of wins, rings, superbowl appearances, superbowl wins, and stats

i mean what else are you going to judge it on?

Very few QBs don't crumble when getting wrecked.

Nobody is saying BRady dind't have a bad game... but i'm not also saying Brady is garabge because he had ONE bad game in which they won to get to the superbowl

I would argue that the strategies have changed but the system has remained the same.

As you said, you can't really prove it until Brady is on another team.

However I will point out that no other Pats player (or coordinator for that matter) has been remotely as successful on another team (individually speaking) as they have been on the Pats (not proof and different positions but it is wildly correct).

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 07:45 PM
I don't blame the OP.

http://www.brainspill.huntfamilywebsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Tom-Brady-waterslide.jpg

this doesn't exactly provoke fear.

Voldamort
02-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Are you kidding?

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 07:49 PM

2007 Brady disagrees with you (as does the 2007 Randy Moss).

It would be more accurate to say that Brady doesn't have a vertical threat and the Pats currently don't run a vertical game the way they did when Moss was on the team.

Of course if you look at the 2007 game (and the one this year too for that matter) you will see that they tend to do better against us (if move slower) when they use Welker out of the slot on inside slants countered with Faulk or Woodhead coming out of the backfield.

With Gronk not at 100% we'll probably see more of this and it will be hard to defend (catching RBs have murdered us this year).

Moss#83
02-03-2012, 03:58 PM

I totally agree with this and is why I consider Peyton Manning (and perhaps Eli too) better than Brady.

Put Peyton on the Browns and they instantly become better.

Put Brady on the Browns and he becomes a 6th round draft pick.I disagree. Brady is still a good QB. Bledsoe was a good QB and he couldn't get the Pats to win. Brady put them over the top as a young QB. As much as I don't like Brady and feel he is overrated, he was put in the perfect system. The system is getting him into the HOF.