PDA

View Full Version : More and more pundits picking Giants to win

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I was listening to Boomer &amp; Carton (yes, I do like them even though everyone else hates them) and they were interviewing James Brown (from Fox Sports, I believe?). Brown picked the Giants, and I think Boomer did, too. Brown also said that Parcells, when pushed and pushed, picked the Giants, as did Warren Sapp. </P>

I saw on another posting that Skip Bayless (ugh) and Stephen A. Smith picked the Giants as well. I also read in this week's SI an article about the upcoming rematch and the writer (I think his name is Tarver) picked the Giants 27 - 20.</P>

I wish they were all picking against us because I love the doubt and being the underdog, but I thought it interesting that so many are picking the Giants against the dynasty of the past 10 years. I don't think that I've seen or heard a pundit pick the Pats since the beginning of last week. </P>

I'm sure if the Giants lose, you'll have some of these guys (especially Bayless) saying how the Giants didn't even deserve to be there in the first place.</P>

As for JJC7301's expert opinion: 31 - 24, Giants.</P>

nygsb42champs
02-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Alot of "experts" are picking us. For once lets hope they get it right.

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Alot of "experts" are picking us. For once lets hope they get it right.</P>

I know, and I don't like it.</P>

jhamburg
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM

Everyone picked us in the SF game too

Denaliman316
02-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Who else?

Jaws I think, the guy with the beard on The Steelers, Judge, Prisco, Freeman, and two others on CBS.

Michael Silver on Yahoo. I am getting the impression Ralph V is going to pick us from one of his responses to a tweet yesterday where he said he was "All In".

We know Peter King will pick the Patriots.

Who else?

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Who else? Jaws I think, the guy with the beard on The Steelers, Judge, Prisco, Freeman, and two others on CBS. Michael Silver on Yahoo. I am getting the impression Ralph V is going to pick us from one of his responses to a tweet yesterday where he said he was "All In". We know Peter King will pick the Patriots. Who else?</P>

I think Schein may have picked the Giants. If so, the Giants may as well just pack their bags and head home because Schein's endorsement is the kiss of death. There are only 3 things for certain in life:</P>

1. Death</P>

2. Taxes</P>

3. Schein being wrong on his predictions.</P>

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I was pretty shocked that something like 7 out of 9 writers in the Daily News had picked us to beat the 49ers. Including the guys with the best records on picks for the years. I have to admit that that made me feel more comfortable about the SF game, even though I thought we were going beat them handily. </P>

CTLadyBlue
02-01-2012, 03:22 PM
I wish they'd all shut up. Even that idiot Mad Dog on his radio show yesterday (yes, I can't believe I listened to him) said only Vegas is picking the Pats and that's just for money reasons

As long as the Giants know they are underdogs.

Zaggs
02-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Alot of "experts" are picking us. For once lets hope they get it right.</p>

I know, and I don't like it.</p>

Everyone picked us in the SF game too

Not on NFL network. I gave grief to Marshall Faulk on Twitter for picking the Giants during a "No Huddle" show and then changing his maind later in the week. Profootballtalk.com morons picked SF as well.

Denaliman316
02-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Who else? Jaws I think, the guy with the beard on The Steelers, Judge, Prisco, Freeman, and two others on CBS. Michael Silver on Yahoo. I am getting the impression Ralph V is going to pick us from one of his responses to a tweet yesterday where he said he was "All In". We know Peter King will pick the Patriots. Who else?</P>

I think Schein may have picked the Giants. If so, the Giants may as well just pack their bags and head home because Schein's endorsement is the kiss of death.* There are only 3 things for certain in life:</P>

1. Death</P>

2. Taxes</P>

3. Schein being wrong on his predictions.</P>

Well Peter King will pick The Pats.

G-Stan
02-01-2012, 03:31 PM
I liked it better when the Giants were the underdogs

thesin
02-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I wish they'd all shut up.* Even that idiot Mad Dog on his radio show yesterday (yes, I can't believe I listened to him) said only Vegas is picking the Pats and that's just for money reasons

Hate to break it to you but they aren't. Everywhere you look (especially on this board) people love how the giants match up against the Pats. According to people here, Gronkowski will only be 50% at best, you guys are the hotter team, are more battle tested, won earlier in the season without Bradshaw and Nicks, and your QB is playing better. Everybody is favoring your dominant pass rush against the pats oline, and Eli+the big 3 against the pats horrible secondary. Its funny how all thats disregarded and your trying to label them underdogs.

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 03:39 PM
That maybe true , still are 3 point underdogs . Thankfully that gives mer hope , though I don't like this experts jumping on the bandwagon

TuckYou
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Sports Illustrated picked Brady and now Kraft to cover their magazine the last 2 weeks. What a joke. You would think they would pick the Giants this week, but nope. They jinxed Brady and now Kraft. Game over.</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2012/0130_large.jpg</P>

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/2012/0206_large.jpg</P>

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Sports Illustrated picked Brady and now Kraft to cover their magazine the last 2 weeks. What a joke. You would think they would pick the Giants this week, but nope. They jinxed Brady and now Kraft. Game over.</P>

This is the best news of the week . SI Jinx nearly nullifies every other one

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 03:43 PM

This is the best news of the week . SI Jinx nearly nullifies every other one

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 03:46 PM
I wish they'd all shut up. Even that idiot Mad Dog on his radio show yesterday (yes, I can't believe I listened to him) said only Vegas is picking the Pats and that's just for money reasons

Hate to break it to you but they aren't. Everywhere you look (especially on this board) people love how the giants match up against the Pats. According to people here, Gronkowski will only be 50% at best, you guys are the hotter team, are more battle tested, won earlier in the season without Bradshaw and Nicks, and your QB is playing better. Everybody is favoring your dominant pass rush against the pats oline, and Eli+the big 3 against the pats horrible secondary. Its funny how all thats disregarded and your trying to label them underdogs.</P>

Got news for you -- Vegas still has the Giantsas the underdogs. They were 13-3 with TB and BB. What do you expect? Your teams a dynasty -- don't worry about being the underdog. Your team should love and embrace being the big dog.</P>

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM

This is the best news of the week . SI Jinx nearly nullifies every other one</P>

I bet SI did it on purpose.I think they're pulling for the Giants.</P>

CTLadyBlue
02-01-2012, 03:56 PM

Hate to break it to you but they aren't. Everywhere you look (especially on this board) people love how the giants match up against the Pats. According to people here, Gronkowski will only be 50% at best, you guys are the hotter team, are more battle tested, won earlier in the season without Bradshaw and Nicks, and your QB is playing better. Everybody is favoring your dominant pass rush against the pats oline, and Eli+the big 3 against the pats horrible secondary. Its funny how all thats disregarded and your trying to label them underdogs.

Not discounting any of that, but I can't go by what the Giants did back in November against this team. The Pats are totally different now because they tore off 10 straight wins after that. They're burning. They're ticked. And, yeah, they want revenge - I don't care how many times Brady or BB brushes it off. BB is going for the tie with Bill Walsh. As for Gronk, I take what is said about his injury with a grain of salt. First he's got a boot on, next it's being reported that he 'sprinted' to the bus with no limp. Yeah, okay. And, of course he's gonna say he's fine. What's he gonna say - 'um, yeah, like, my ankle's totally killing me right now, guys". No. He and the Pats are keeping everyone in a guessing game. Even if he isn't 100%, I believe he'll suit up and be some sort of a decoy. The Pats are dangerous because you never know what's going through BBs sick mind. The fact we are playing better ball than the Pats and beat better teams in the playoffs than them means nothing.

I sure hope I"m wrong - just being a realistic fan here. I take no one - no situation for granted

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I wish they'd all shut up.* Even that idiot Mad Dog on his radio show yesterday (yes, I can't believe I listened to him) said only Vegas is picking the Pats and that's just for money reasons

Not discounting any of that, but I can't go by what the Giants did back in November against this team. The Pats are totally different now because they tore off 10 straight wins after that.* They're burning.* They're ticked.* And, yeah, they want revenge - I don't care how many times Brady or BB brushes it off.* BB is going for the tie with Bill Walsh.* As for Gronk, I take what is said about his injury with a grain of salt.* First he's got a boot on, next it's being reported that he 'sprinted' to the bus with no limp.* Yeah, okay.* And, of course he's gonna say he's fine.* What's he gonna say - 'um, yeah, like, my ankle's totally killing me right now, guys".* No.* He and the Pats are keeping everyone in a guessing game.* Even if he isn't 100%, I believe he'll suit up and be some sort of a decoy.* The Pats are dangerous because you never know what's going through BBs sick mind.* The fact we are playing better ball than the Pats and beat better teams in the playoffs than them means nothing.

I sure hope I"m wrong - just being a realistic fan here.* I take no one - no situation for granted

Can I ask you about BB . Everyone says don't give him two weeks . When has a sb he coached been decided by more than 3 points ? He is a great coach no doubt but you guys have him on a mad scientist level

bashful
02-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Pick the Giants and you jinx them , where the wrong outfit and they lose, all BS believe it or not that game is won at practice.
Why?
Because chance/luck favors the prepared mind. Coughlin will see to it that the Giants are prepared and if they executed correctly and practiced hard they will win. If the coaches prepared them they will win. They have the better personnel and should would however if they practiced like crap and did not excute and follow the plan they will.
Makes no difference who picks them, what you where, eat, sit, etc. The game will be played over a thousand times in most players minds- the Giants will go out and execute and play hard because TC has demanded that - final outcome should be A WIN.

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Pick the Giants and you jinx them , where the wrong outfit and they lose, all BS believe it or not that game is won at practice.
Why?
Because chance/luck favors the prepared mind. Coughlin will see to it that the Giants are prepared and if they executed correctly and practiced hard they will win. If the coaches prepared them they will win. They have the better personnel and should would however if they practiced like crap and did not excute and follow the plan they will.
Makes no difference who picks them, what you where, eat, sit, etc. The game will be played over a thousand times in most players minds- the Giants will go out and execute and play hard because TC has demanded that - final outcome should be A WIN.

I am one of those people . . I am not cutting my hair or getting rid of facial stubble until after the game.

miked1958
02-01-2012, 04:39 PM

Everyone picked us in the SF game too</P>

They have to have something to do. I mean its been two weeks of non stop junk. </P>

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Pick the Giants and you jinx them , where the wrong outfit and they lose, all BS believe it or not that game is won at practice. Why? Because chance/luck favors the prepared mind. Coughlin will see to it that the Giants are prepared and if they executed correctly and practiced hard they will win. If the coaches prepared them they will win. They have the better personnel and should would however if they practiced like crap and did not excute and follow the plan they will. Makes no difference who picks them, what you where, eat, sit, etc. The game will be played over a thousand times in most players minds- the Giants will go out and execute and play hard because TC has demanded that - final outcome should be A WIN. I am one of those people . . I am not cutting my hear or getting rid of facial stubble until after the game.</P>

And I haven't changed my luck underwear since the Jets game.</P>

FYI, Jeff Boswell of Bleacher Reports (yuck) picks the Giants to win, 26 - 23:</P>

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1047841-super-bowl-46-prediction-eli-last-man-and-manning-standing-in-indianapolis</P>

</P>

miked1958
02-01-2012, 04:41 PM

This is the best news of the week . SI Jinx nearly nullifies every other one</P>

I bet SI did it on purpose.I think they're pulling for the Giants.</P>

</P>

Yep. Can you say SI Cover Jinx</P>

miked1958
02-01-2012, 04:41 PM
ALL IN

Denaliman316
02-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Add Collinsworth to people picking us. ESPN should be up tomorrow. That should be interesting.

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Enough with these experts. The more people pick us , the more likely the Patsies become the underdog role

Denaliman316
02-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Lesean McCoy reluctantly picked us lol.

P_Simms_#11
02-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Steve Mariucci picked the Giants also. I'm pretty sure Irvin will pick NE. He didn't pick the Giants once in the playoffs. (Not surprising of course.)

stormblue
02-01-2012, 07:49 PM
i also picked the giants.

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 07:55 PM
who did fatboy Rex pick?

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Warren Sapp and some of the NFL network guys were joking about the Pats being favored in Vegas. He said on PTI today "Give me the Giants and the over" and laughed.