PDA

View Full Version : Canty: Get ready for a victory parade on Tuesday

MaCkTiC
02-01-2012, 02:07 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/giants_canty_get_ready_for_victory_2dgdT9wrj9GEsU5 VeR9LyJ

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2012/02/01/sports/web_photos/canty_getty--415x215.jpg

CTLadyBlue
02-01-2012, 02:48 PM
You know, I'm at a point now where I really don't care what is said by either team. All this 'bulletin board material' for the other team is irrelevant. I said this is another post somewhere that if the Patriots need trash talk from the Giants to get fired up then guess what - they don't belong there if that's what its going to take to get them going.

Do any of you die hard (not bandwagon - but die hard) fans REALLY think that this team seriously thinks it's going to coast on Sunday? Really? Because if you do, then get out of here and onto that bandwagon. This team is focused, hungry and confident - no matter what comes out of their mouths to get the fans pumped. Canty even explained that it's just for fun and it doesn't matter what's said or 'not said'. What matters is where they're at when they get on that field and they GOT HERE by beating two teams a heck of a lot better than the Pats, IMO. NO, that does not discount the Pats as a force to be reckoned with, but you can only keep your mouth shut and be polite for so long. Everyone from Osi to Jacobs was on their best behavior yesterday. NO one said anything out of line or drool worthy. I don't believe for a minute the Giants heads are too big. Do not confuse confidence with arrogance. If their coach was Rex Ryan, I'd be cringing right now, but it's TC and you KNOW that man is gonna be sure his teams head is firmly attached to their shoulders and by Sunday they're going to be in 'attack Patriots' mode.

So you know....I think everyone should chill right now about the trash talk. And if the Giants lose - no, it won't be because Canty predicted a parade. Really.

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 02:51 PM
You know, I'm at a point now where I really don't care what is said by either team. All this 'bulletin board material' for the other team is irrelevant. I said this is another post somewhere that if the Patriots need trash talk from the Giants to get fired up then guess what - they don't belong there if that's what its going to take to get them going.

Do any of you die hard (not bandwagon - but die hard) fans REALLY think that this team seriously thinks it's going to coast on Sunday? Really? Because if you do, then get out of here and onto that bandwagon. This team is focused, hungry and confident - no matter what comes out of their mouths to get the fans pumped. Canty even explained that it's just for fun and it doesn't matter what's said or 'not said'. What matters is where they're at when they get on that field and they GOT HERE by beating two teams a heck of a lot better than the Pats, IMO. NO, that does not discount the Pats as a force to be reckoned with, but you can only keep your mouth shut and be polite for so long. Everyone from Osi to Jacobs was on their best behavior yesterday. NO one said anything out of line or drool worthy. I don't believe for a minute the Giants heads are too big. Do not confuse confidence with arrogance. If their coach was Rex Ryan, I'd be cringing right now, but it's TC and you KNOW that man is gonna be sure his teams head is firmly attached to their shoulders and by Sunday they're going to be in 'attack Patriots' mode.

So you know....I think everyone should chill right now about the trash talk. And if the Giants lose - no, it won't be because Canty predicted a parade. Really.
</P>

+1. And there hasn't been trash talking from either side. Confidence, and Brady and Canty talking about parades shows me that they're both confident. I think it's great.</P>

Big Blue 418
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
I don't know what your talking about . According to my game with Madden 12 on easy level, we win 65-0 over the Pats

BlueJayC
02-01-2012, 02:54 PM

</P>

+1. And there hasn't been trash talking from either side. Confidence, and Brady and Canty talking about parades shows me that they're both confident. I think it's great.</P>

</P>

First 10 seconds says it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&amp;feature=endscreen&amp;v=aoVP6Q3MJoQ</P>

CTLadyBlue
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM

</p>

+1. And there hasn't been trash talking from either side. Confidence, and Brady and Canty talking about parades shows me that they're both confident. I think it's great.</p>

</p>

First 10 seconds says it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&amp;feature=endscreen&amp;v=aoVP6Q3MJoQ</p>

Hey! Parcells stole my notes!! (LOL!!)

GameTime
02-01-2012, 03:06 PM

</P>

I agree. They know whats at stake. They know what kind of team the Pats are and what they can do. They know BB is great coach with tricks up his sleeve. Their heads are in the right place and they will come out swinging on Sunday. </P>

miked1958
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't know what your talking about . According to my game with Madden 12 on easy level, we win 65-0 over the Pats</P>

THIS</P>

Pakman
02-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Well if we win i'm going to both the parade and stadium party lol

maybe just the stadium one but idk.

GameTime
02-01-2012, 03:14 PM

</P>

did that last time. I went into the city and I couldnt even get close. So I bailed and went to the stadium. Thats was really cool and you can sit anywhere. Good stuff.....</P>

Pakman
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM

</p>

did that last time. I went into the city and I couldnt even get close. So I bailed and went to the stadium. Thats was really cool and you can sit anywhere. Good stuff.....</p>

Yeah i figured the stadium would be the best option..did you get a chance to get autographs?

Razur
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
You know, I'm at a point now where I really don't care what is said by either team.* All this 'bulletin board material' for the other team is irrelevant.* I said this is another post somewhere that if the Patriots need trash talk from the Giants to get fired up then guess what - they don't belong there if that's what its going to take to get them going.

Do any of you die hard (not bandwagon - but die hard) fans REALLY think that this team seriously thinks it's going to coast on Sunday?* Really?* Because if you do, then get out of here and onto that bandwagon.* This team is focused, hungry and confident - no matter what comes out of their mouths to get the fans pumped.* Canty even explained that it's just for fun and it doesn't matter what's said or 'not said'.* What matters is where they're at when they get on that field and they GOT HERE by beating two teams a heck of a lot better than the Pats, IMO.** NO, that does not discount the Pats as a force to be reckoned with, but you can only keep your mouth shut and be polite for so long.* Everyone from Osi to Jacobs was on their best behavior yesterday.* NO one said anything out of line or drool worthy.* I don't believe for a minute the Giants heads are too big.* Do not confuse confidence with arrogance.* If their coach was Rex Ryan, I'd be cringing right now, but it's TC and you KNOW that man is gonna be sure his teams head is firmly attached to their shoulders and by Sunday they're going to be in 'attack Patriots' mode.

So you know....I think everyone should chill right now about the trash talk.* And if the Giants lose - no, it won't be because Canty predicted a parade.* Really.

This "trash talk" is another way for these players , especially starters, to deal with the enormous pressure and axiety they are having. This is after all, the epitimal goal of every NFL player, team and fanbase, to play in and win the Super Bowl..I'd rather hear words of confidence, then expressions of apprehension, or doubt. You have to know that is exactly what each of these guys is fighting off menatlly, so, they use sound bytes of " get ready for a parade", " we are going to win"..etc..as every warrior going into an unknow battle has done since the beginning of time..It's instinct...that's all..." I will beat my opponent" is warrior dogma..."I hope I win" is what you say when you play the lottery..

MikeIsaGiant
02-01-2012, 03:52 PM
What time was the stadium last time? I didn't go :/

THE_New_York_Giants
02-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Canty "bring them the eff on mothah furah. I take my chips and push em to the middle and say 'all in mothah furah'"

Pakman
02-01-2012, 03:57 PM
What time was the stadium last time? I didn't go :/

Bro I was on my way to the stadium and just when I was getting out of PA a ****ing huge rock was on the road and blew out three of my tires.

I dont know how I didnt see it, but trust me that was the worst feeling in the world. I really wanted to be apart of that celebration. I believe it was at 1pm by the way lol

MikeIsaGiant
02-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Wow that's harsh pakman.

Shucks, I have a feeling school is gonna **** me over.

I have things due that day, :/

Pakman
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Wow that's harsh pakman.

i told my professor last night.."If we win the Superbowl i wont be in class on time" luckily I have all night classes so I should be back in PA by 6:30pm

burier
02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I anticipate ingesting large quanities for champagne I wouldnt be able to go to work on monday if I wanted to.

MikeIsaGiant
02-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Wow that's harsh pakman.

i told my professor last night.."If we win the Superbowl i wont be in class on time" luckily I have all night classes so I should be back in PA by 6:30pm

Might have to call in for a sick day or something, but I know I would upload videos on facebook and my coworkers have my added

MaCkTiC
02-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't know what your talking about . According to my game with Madden 12 on easy level, we win 65-0 over the Pats

lol

nygsb42champs
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
This game is not going to be easy. New England is a very talented team. Are we playing better right now? I think we are but this is not going to be a cake walk.

shotcalla39
02-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I promised myself after missing 07 parade I would catch the next one but I'm afraid ill lose my job I missed too many days this month u have to go to court tommorow

NYDestroyer
02-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Just heard on the nfl network that Canty is making Bulletin Board material. And Brady looked PISSED. I think the Giants should CUT Chris Canty if they loose the Super Bowl. With all that talking, he better sack Brady at least 2 or 3 times. I blame Coughlin for not having his players show discipline. And it's been happening thought out the playoffs. If there is one person who can kill that confidence quick is Brady. [:$]

mstray92
02-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Just heard on the nfl network that Canty is making Bulletin Board materiel. And Brady looked PISSED. I think the Giants should CUT Chris Canty if they loose the Super Bowl. With all that talking, he better sack Brady at least 2 or 3 times. I blame Coughlin for not having his players show discipline. And it's been happening thought out the playoffs. If there is one person who can kill that confidence quick is Brady. [:$]

I don't mind the confidence, but I think the G-men are chirping a little too much! We are not facing Tim Tebow out there, we are facing Tom Brady! Brady will want revenge for 07, plus all the chirping these guys bare doing! Let's just hope Canty and the big blue crew can back this up!

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 01:05 PM
this kind of thing is ok as long as you back it up.</P>

Better have the game of your life on Sunday Canty.</P>

Kase-1
02-02-2012, 01:10 PM
this kind of thing is ok as long as you back it up.</p>

Better have the game of your life on Sunday Canty.</p>Totally agreed, I remember in 07 when Bloomberg mentioned it and I was LIVID. I understand him keeping it 'in house' and letting the NYPD, FDNY, and Sanitation know what 'may' happen, but dont jinx us and make it public..... Then again he made it public and look how that worked for us

That parade was AMAZING and I cant wait to go again (knock on wood)

If Canty keeps playing at the level he's been playing at this past month then he will def have the game of his life sunday

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
this kind of thing is ok as long as you back it up.</P>

Better have the game of your life on Sunday Canty.</P>

Totally agreed, I remember in 07 when Bloomberg mentioned it and I was LIVID. I understand him keeping it 'in house' and letting the NYPD, FDNY, and Sanitation know what 'may' happen, but dont jinx us and make it public..... Then again he made it public and look how that worked for us

That parade was AMAZING and I cant wait to go again (knock on wood)

If Canty keeps playing at the level he's been playing at this past month then he will def have the game of his life sunday
</P>

from my perspective, if you're going to talk big, you better play even bigger, or i don't have alot of respect for you.</P>

NYDestroyer
02-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Just heard on the nfl network that Canty is making Bulletin Board materiel. And Brady looked PISSED. I think the Giants should CUT Chris Canty if they loose the Super Bowl. With all that talking, he better sack Brady at least 2 or 3 times. I blame Coughlin for not having his players show discipline. And it's been happening thought out the playoffs. If there is one person who can kill that confidence quick is Brady. [:$]

I don't mind the confidence, but I think the G-men are chirping a little too much! We are not facing Tim Tebow out there, we are facing Tom Brady! Brady will want revenge for 07, plus all the chirping these guys bare doing! Let's just hope Canty and the big blue crew can back this up!

I agree. Moreover, the giants are the better team in my opinion, but in the NFL we all heard the say Any Given Sunday. A statement echoed by the 07 Giants. Lets just show sportsmanship go out there and get the job done. Back It UP!

CTLadyBlue
02-02-2012, 02:08 PM
This game is not going to be easy. New England is a very talented team. Are we playing better right now? I think we are but this is not going to be a cake walk.

No one here believes it is. Just fun, harmless talk, but I respect NE immensley and take no one for granted.

Gmen2005
02-02-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm getting real sick of all this talk. now JPP is saying their in bradys head?

ny06
02-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm getting real sick of all this talk. now JPP is saying their in bradys head?
</P>

He was speaking about the game in the regular season. </P>

PhilaGiant83
02-02-2012, 05:28 PM
They are CRYING ABOUT it over on JetsInsider.com. You gotta read some of the posts those bafoons can muster up against us. They want the Patriots to blow us out badly....

Blue daddy
02-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Talk before the game is just fodder for the moron reporters who have nothing else to write about . They live for this crap.
Personally I dont like it shut your pie hole and go out and win a game.