PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else taking off work on Monday?

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I've already scheduled my dayoff from work for this Monday. My morning will start off withpicking up a large iced coffee from D&amp;D so that I can then:</P>

1.plan on reading every single newspaper that I can get my hands on</P>

2. watching highlight after highlight after highlight</P>

3. rewatching SB 46 at least twice</P>

4. reading all of the praise about theMIRACLE '11-'12 Giants that I can find online</P>

5. paying some quick visits to our "friends" on the Eagles, Cowboys, and Jets boards (wish that I could get on the SF boards but their modswon't let anyone join it appears)</P>

6. Relivingand sharing our latest SBglory with everyone on these boards.</P>

I pulled an all-nighter after SB 42 and still went into work the next day. Not doing it this time. I just want to enjoy and enjoy and enjoy what I feel is going to be a spectacular NY Giants SB victory.</P>

Then again, if they lose, I guess that I'll just go into work. But it won't happen because the Giants are going to win 31 - 24 and I really get to enjoy this Monday off from work.</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
I've already scheduled my dayoff from work for this Monday. My morning will start off withpicking up a large iced coffee from D&amp;D so that I can then:</p>

1.plan on reading every single newspaper that I can get my hands on</p>

2. watching highlight after highlight after highlight</p>

3. rewatching SB 46 at least twice</p>

4. reading all of the praise about theMIRACLE '11-'12 Giants that I can find online</p>

5. paying some quick visits to our "friends" on the Eagles, Cowboys, and Jets boards (wish that I could get on the SF boards but their modswon't let anyone join it appears)</p>

6. Relivingand sharing our latest SBglory with everyone on these boards.</p>

I pulled an all-nighter after SB 42 and still went into work the next day. Not doing it this time. I just want to enjoy and enjoy and enjoy what I feel is going to be a spectacular NY Giants SB victory.</p>

Then again, if they lose, I guess that I'll just go into work. But it won't happen because the Giants are going to win 31 - 24 and I really get to enjoy this Monday off from work.</p>

na gonna tough through monday, then hopfully when we win ill be well rested for the tailgate and celebration at the stadium for tuesday

BurnerNYG
02-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I've already scheduled my day*off from work for this Monday.* My morning will start off with*picking up a large iced coffee from D&D so that I can then:</p>

1.*plan on reading every single newbffspaper that I can get my hands on</p>

4. reading all of the praise about the*MIRACLE '11-'12 Giants that I can find online</p>

5. paying some quick visits to our "friends" on the Eagles, Cowboys, and Jets boards (wish that I could get on the SF boards but their mods*won't let anyone join it appears)</p>

6. Reliving*and sharing our latest SB*glory with everyone on these boards.</p>

I pulled an all-nighter after SB 42 and still went into work the next day.* Not doing it this time.* I just want to enjoy and enjoy and enjoy what I feel is going to be a spectacular NY Giants SB victory.</p>

Then again, if they lose, I guess that I'll just go into work.* But it won't happen because the Giants are going to win 31 - 24 and I really get to enjoy this Monday off from work.</p>

na gonna tough through monday, then hopfully when we win ill be well rested for the tailgate and celebration at the stadium for tuesday
this

Zaggs
02-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Heck yes I am. Mainly because you dont want to face anyone if they lose. But better to soak it up when they win.

ryan12
02-01-2012, 03:14 PM
I've already scheduled my day*off from work for this Monday.* My morning will start off with*picking up a large iced coffee from D&D so that I can then:</p>

1.*plan on reading every single newspaper that I can get my hands on</p>

4. reading all of the praise about the*MIRACLE '11-'12 Giants that I can find online</p>

5. paying some quick visits to our "friends" on the Eagles, Cowboys, and Jets boards (wish that I could get on the SF boards but their mods*won't let anyone join it appears)</p>

I pulled an all-nighter after SB 42 and still went into work the next day.* Not doing it this time.* I just want to enjoy and enjoy and enjoy what I feel is going to be a spectacular NY Giants SB victory.</p>

Then again, if they lose, I guess that I'll just go into work.* But it won't happen because the Giants are going to win 31 - 24 and I really get to enjoy this Monday off from work.</p>

yeah im saving my day for the victory parade (hopefully)

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Friday AND Monday.

Party is going to start early and run late baby!

b_ELI_eve
02-01-2012, 03:21 PM
My 9am class was canceled, but my 8am Spanish professor won't cancel. Have to tough it out, oh well

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 03:22 PM
My 9am class was canceled, but my 8am Spanish professor won't cancel. Have to tough it out, oh well

Aye carumba!

SIMMS5611
02-01-2012, 03:23 PM
I put in for the day off, just in case I'm a hurting puppy 02/06/12...</P>

...but hopefully hurting from celebrating, &amp; not drowning my sorrows....</P>

If I can pull it off, though, I'm gonna drag my carcass into work, &amp; save the day off for the parade.</P>

I just had a thought (I'm NOT thinking ahead, just asking, so don't freak)....</P>

If the G's pull it off, would you rather attend the parade in NYC, or the stadium celebration, ala</P>

2007? I'm pretty confident they'd do both again. While the parade would be morememorable , especially</P>

if I bring my kids, I bet MetLife would be more fun....</P>

What do you guys think?</P>

GameTime
02-01-2012, 03:23 PM
My 9am class was canceled, but my 8am Spanish professor won't cancel. Have to tough it out, oh well</P>

"tough it out"....??</P>

you're a college kid I am assuming and not old like me......"tough it out"...???</P>

come on man....grow a pair....lol...[:D]</P>

GameTime
02-01-2012, 03:25 PM

...but hopefully hurting from celebrating, &amp; not drowning my sorrows....</P>

If I can pull it off, though, I'm gonna drag my carcass into work, &amp; save the day off for the parade.</P>

I just had a thought (I'm NOT thinking ahead, just asking, so don't freak)....</P>

If the G's pull it off, would you rather attend the parade in NYC, or the stadium celebration, ala</P>

2007? I'm pretty confident they'd do both again. While the parade would be more historic, especially</P>

</P>

The city was a total mob scene last time. Granted I didnt get there early enough but it was just wall to wall people. I was there for abotu and hour and couldn't even remotely get close. They had big screens set up on som eside streets. I went to the stadium and that was easy sailing and very good. </P>

lttaylor56
02-01-2012, 03:26 PM

+1 Exactly. Tuesday @ the Stadium....Be There.

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 03:28 PM

2007? I'm pretty confident they'd do both again. While the parade would be morememorable , especially</P>

</P>

Yeah, it's close in my mind. Both the parade and the celebration will be good times. When myson is older, I'll take him to a parade and / or the celebration (I'm optimistic that we will be SB champs again in the near future).</P>

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 03:30 PM

2007? I'm pretty confident they'd do both again. While the parade would be more historic, especially</P>

</P>

The city was a total mob scene last time. Granted I didnt get there early enough but it was just wall to wall people. I was there for abotu and hour and couldn't even remotely get close. They had big screens set up on som eside streets. I went to the stadium and that was easy sailing and very good. </P>

</P>

I walked over there for that one because my old office was close by the parade, and I had an impossible time getting through the wall of people. The best I could do was to listen to the Giants give their speeches from about a block or two away.</P>

miked1958
02-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I've already scheduled my dayoff from work for this Monday. My morning will start off withpicking up a large iced coffee from D&amp;D so that I can then:</P>

1.plan on reading every single newspaper that I can get my hands on</P>

2. watching highlight after highlight after highlight</P>

3. rewatching SB 46 at least twice</P>

4. reading all of the praise about theMIRACLE '11-'12 Giants that I can find online</P>

5. paying some quick visits to our "friends" on the Eagles, Cowboys, and Jets boards (wish that I could get on the SF boards but their modswon't let anyone join it appears)</P>

6. Relivingand sharing our latest SBglory with everyone on these boards.</P>

I pulled an all-nighter after SB 42 and still went into work the next day. Not doing it this time. I just want to enjoy and enjoy and enjoy what I feel is going to be a spectacular NY Giants SB victory.</P>

Then again, if they lose, I guess that I'll just go into work. But it won't happen because the Giants are going to win 31 - 24 and I really get to enjoy this Monday off from work.</P>

</P>

Yes will take Monday off to do all the stuff you said and more. I cant yet to watch all the shows of the Haters of the Giants to see what they will have to say</P>

ryan12
02-01-2012, 03:34 PM

+1 Exactly. Tuesday @ the Stadium....Be There.

we should all try and meet up if they have something at statdium

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
I've already scheduled my dayoff from work for this Monday. My morning will start off withpicking up a large iced coffee from D&amp;D so that I can then:</p>

4. reading all of the praise about theMIRACLE '11-'12 Giants that I can find online</p>

5. paying some quick visits to our "friends" on the Eagles, Cowboys, and Jets boards (wish that I could get on the SF boards but their modswon't let anyone join it appears)</p>

I pulled an all-nighter after SB 42 and still went into work the next day. Not doing it this time. I just want to enjoy and enjoy and enjoy what I feel is going to be a spectacular NY Giants SB victory.</p>

Then again, if they lose, I guess that I'll just go into work. But it won't happen because the Giants are going to win 31 - 24 and I really get to enjoy this Monday off from work.</p>

u gotta get to the city too early for my liking to enjoy the parade or else u wont see anything and the crowd control plan is awful

I learned my lesson, im gonna get to the stadium 3 hours before the giants are gonna be there and tailgate

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:38 PM
I put in for the day off, just in case I'm a hurting puppy 02/06/12...</p>

...but hopefully hurting from celebrating, &amp; not drowning my sorrows....</p>

If I can pull it off, though, I'm gonna drag my carcass into work, &amp; save the day off for the parade.</p>

I just had a thought (I'm NOT thinking ahead, just asking, so don't freak)....</p>

If the G's pull it off, would you rather attend the parade in NYC, or the stadium celebration, ala</p>

2007? I'm pretty confident they'd do both again. While the parade would be morememorable , especially</p>

if I bring my kids, I bet MetLife would be more fun....</p>

What do you guys think?</p>

alot of people I know went to the stadium and had a great time

ryan12
02-01-2012, 03:39 PM

u gotta get to the city too early for my liking to enjoy the parade or else u wont see anything and the crowd control plan is awful

I learned my lesson, im gonna get to the stadium 3 hours before the giants are gonna be there and tailgate

if and when we win will they def have something at stadium

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I put in for the day off, just in case I'm a hurting puppy 02/06/12...</p>

...but hopefully hurting from celebrating, &amp; not drowning my sorrows....</p>

If I can pull it off, though, I'm gonna drag my carcass into work, &amp; save the day off for the parade.</p>

I just had a thought (I'm NOT thinking ahead, just asking, so don't freak)....</p>

If the G's pull it off, would you rather attend the parade in NYC, or the stadium celebration, ala</p>

2007? I'm pretty confident they'd do both again. While the parade would be more historic, especially</p>

if I bring my kids, I bet MetLife would be more fun....</p>

What do you guys think?</p>

</p>

The city was a total mob scene last time. Granted I didnt get there early enough but it was just wall to wall people. I was there for abotu and hour and couldn't even remotely get close. They had big screens set up on som eside streets. I went to the stadium and that was easy sailing and very good. </p>

yea i couldn't get out of the city fast enough to make it in time for the stadium

come to think of it maybe i should come to work early, leave early and take off wed

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 03:41 PM

yea im pretty sure

they did last time and Christie was *****ing how the parade should be in jersey. So at the very least there should be something at the stadium

ryan12
02-01-2012, 03:43 PM

yea im pretty sure

they did last time and Christie was *****ing how the parade should be in jersey. So at the very least there should be something at the stadium

mani cant wait for this game

MikeIsaGiant
02-01-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure if I can miss school on Tuesday :(

Damn professor said she takes points off for missing classes, that's some serious bull

I'll prob miss it anyway

TheBookOfEli
02-01-2012, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't take off monday. If we win, i would take off on tuesday and enjoy the parades and celebrations.

Hopefully if we win, then hopefully i can get that day off cause at my job we are understaffed.

Roosevelt
02-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Late start on Monday for sure, and if we win who knows.

Giantshock80
02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I had actually already scheduled myself off for Monday and Tuesday so I'm good or both. I'm scheduled Sunday though but I'm able to tweak my hours so I will be done at like 2-230... Last time I had to be in work at 630 Monday and I called out being in no condition to work (I was a cop, retired now). I went in the following Tuesday and my boss was like why are u here and not at the parade... I was so upset for not going so i want to have the chance this time... I live in south jersey in Philly territory so it's nice and sweet right now, until mets season anyway!

nygsb42champs
02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I will suck it up on Monday but if we are having a celebration on Tuesday then I will take the day off.

Giantz4Life
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
If I was a business owner and the Giants were in the Superbowl I would totally cancel work on Monday for the company, and treat it as a national holiday.

ryan12
02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I will suck it up on Monday but if we are having a celebration on Tuesday then I will take the day off.

thats my plan also

JMFP2
02-01-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm self-employed, so I'll be working from home, most likely.

AllHailEli
02-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I am not taking off for Monday but I'll take off for the parade. :) Is that for Tuesday?

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 04:26 PM
If I was a business owner and the Giants were in the Superbowl I would totally cancel work on Monday for the company, and treat it as a national holiday.

it should be a national holiday... **** columbus day and lets give 9/11 and superbowl monday as holidays

its american

egyptian420
02-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I got that day off from school [:D][D][B][&lt;:o)]