PDA

View Full Version : This feels like the SF game all over again

guardplay320
02-01-2012, 04:07 PM
1) Giants are the underdog if you look at the spread
2) Pats fans, like Niners fans, are whining about the media picking the Giants
3) Pats fans, like Niners fans, are whining about the media coverage favoring the Giants
4) Pats fans annoyed with all the hype Eli is getting
5) Pats fans pointing to our regular season record to attempt to prove that we are overrated (this one is a big one)
6) Some Giants fans being completely confident and ****y, most Giants fans being confident but still nervous and a smaller amount being very nervous

Feel free to add the many similarities.

ryan12
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
it will feel even more like it 10:30pm est on sunday when we are celebrating another victory

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
3) Pats fans, like Niners fans, are whining about the media coverage favoring the Giants
5) Pats fans pointing to our regular season record to attempt to prove that we are overrated (this one is a big one)
6) Some Giants fans being completely confident and ****y, most Giants fans being confident but still nervous and a smaller amount being very nervous

Feel free to add the many similarities.*

Definitely feels tight to me like the 49ers game.

I think I'm a little more comfortable with playing the Pats though ironically (for various reasons).

redzone88
02-01-2012, 04:19 PM
About #5... I'm wondering if any of these Pats fans know their team didn't beat anyone with a winning record in the regular season. You simply cannot use the regular season as a good base for how these teams are playing right now.

As a Giants fan i feel pretty good about the game but a few things really bug me. How are we going to control Wilfork ? Can the giants develop a running game? And do we get burned all day by Welker and the TE's.

miked1958
02-01-2012, 04:46 PM
About #5... I'm wondering if any of these Pats fans know their team didn't beat anyone with a winning record in the regular season. You simply cannot use the regular season as a good base for how these teams are playing right now. As a Giants fan i feel pretty good about the game but a few things really bug me. How are we going to control Wilfork ? Can the giants develop a running game? And do we get burned all day by Welker and the TE's.</P>

Well your first point is correct. How can they compare Records when they didnt play anyone and we had the Hardest Schedule in the NFL (AGAIN) and will have it again next season. Sure we did lose 4more games then they did. BUT they didnt have to play the Saints, SF, GB ETC.... and we played all our Div foes and theres and vice versa. so that kinda washes out. I would not trade that gruesome 2nd half schedule for nothing. IT made us what we are today</P>

miked1958
02-01-2012, 04:50 PM
About #5... I'm wondering if any of these Pats fans know their team didn't beat anyone with a winning record in the regular season. You simply cannot use the regular season as a good base for how these teams are playing right now. As a Giants fan i feel pretty good about the game but a few things really bug me. How are we going to control Wilfork ? Can the giants develop a running game? And do we get burned all day by Welker and the TE's.</P>

Well your first point is correct. How can they compare Records when they didnt play anyone and we had the Hardest Schedule in the NFL (AGAIN) and will have it again next season. Sure we did lose 4more games then they did. BUT they didnt have to play the Saints, SF, GB ETC.... and we played all our Div foes and theres and vice versa. so that kinda washes out. I would not trade that gruesome 2nd half schedule for nothing. IT made us what we are today</P>

</P>

Next. I think we can contain him... HOLD him up long enough to where Eli can get his passes off, but he may take alot of hits like he did vs SF. </P>

I do think having AB back for this tilt with the Pats will help a great deal and expect us to be able to break off some huge chunks of yardage on them on a regular basis. I see us rushing for 150.</P>

I think with the Gronk thing that he is going to play for sure. However unless they out and out lied (which i doubt, cause practice this time of year is very impt) he will be no where near 100% and maybe just a decoy. With that said we wont have to Double team him which will allow us to take either hernandez, welker or Branch out of the game. advantage us</P>

AllHailEli
02-01-2012, 05:39 PM
This feels like 2007 to me. :)

BTW, the Packers fans before the second round had a poll in their forum and did not want to draw the Giants. The Patriots fans during the NFC championship were too scared for the Giants to win. LOL!

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 05:44 PM
About #5... I'm wondering if any of these Pats fans know their team didn't beat anyone with a winning record in the regular season. You simply cannot use the regular season as a good base for how these teams are playing right now.

As a Giants fan i feel pretty good about the game but a few things really bug me. How are we going to control Wilfork ? Can the giants develop a running game? And do we get burned all day by Welker and the TE's.

yea but we have an awful winning percentage vs teams with a winning record

i mean we were 1-3, it isn't like we had anything to write home about

byron
02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
a lessonof humility for pats fans all be it a small one..who gave us a shot in hell of beating them in the07/08 sb....and the media gave absolutely on respect.....</P>

bring it on!!</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 05:54 PM
a lessonof humility for pats fans all be it a small one..who gave us a shot in hell of beating them in the07/08 sb....and the media gave absolutely on respect.....</p>

bring it on!!</p>

i think we need to sub Byron in for JWill this week with that foot injury he has

i've never seen big b this amped and i LIKE it

byron
02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
a lessonof humility for pats fans all be it a small one..who gave us a shot in hell of beating them in the07/08 sb....and the media gave usabsolutely on respect.....</P>

bring it on!!</P>

i think we need to sub Byron in for JWill this week with that foot injury he has

</P>

lol Patsfans I knowcan handle the factthatthe media isn't drueling all over them.. Its not good enought to be in the biggest game of the year, they want every one to bow down to their greatness... Well even at 59 I'd do it in a heart beat just one playman... And I'd ****ing trip somebody up even if it killed me....I want this mother... All In baby!!</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 06:10 PM
a lessonof humility for pats fans all be it a small one..who gave us a shot in hell of beating them in the07/08 sb....and the media gave usabsolutely on respect.....</p>

bring it on!!</p>

</p>

lol Patsfans I knowcan handle the factthatthe media isn't drueling all over them.. Its not good enought to be in the biggest game of the year, they want every one to bow down to their greatness... Well even at 59 I'd do it in a heart beat just one playman... And I'd ****ing trip somebody up even if it killed me....I want this mother... All In baby!!</p>

****IN BIG BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

byron
02-01-2012, 06:29 PM
And another thing they see this game as a game of redemption for 07... sorry butthis willbe a game of attrition nothing morenothing less.....fair warning to all pats fans get your head right save your smack till after the game...the G-menwill bebringingit despite all your ****ing stats.......LOOK OUT!!!!

Redeyejedi
02-01-2012, 06:32 PM

As a Giants fan i feel pretty good about the game but a few things really bug me. How are we going to control Wilfork ? Can the giants develop a running game? And do we get burned all day by Welker and the TE's.Pats went 8-0 in the 2nd half playing the easiest schedule in the NFL over that time, The NY Giants played the Toughest

Eli TO Shockey
02-01-2012, 06:36 PM

As a Giants fan i feel pretty good about the game but a few things really bug me. How are we going to control Wilfork ? Can the giants develop a running game? And do we get burned all day by Welker and the TE's.Pats went 8-0 in the 2nd half playing the easiest schedule in the NFL over that time, The NY Giants played the Toughest

yes...and to add to that...

the giants opponents over the past 2 weeks have a combined 28-4 record. if you include the falcons its 38-10. the ONLY stats that really count.

redzone88
02-01-2012, 07:52 PM

the giants opponents over the past 2 weeks have a combined 28-4 record. if you include the falcons its 38-10. the ONLY stats that really count.

So i guess this poses the question. Do we have a distinct advantage because of the tougher schedule leading to the Superbowl? Also, does the two week break kill the New York Giants momentum?

byron
02-01-2012, 08:01 PM
About #5... I'm wondering if any of these Pats fans know their team didn't beat anyone with a winning record in the regular season. You simply cannot use the regular season as a good base for how these teams are playing right now. As a Giants fan i feel pretty good about the game but a few things really bug me. How are we going to control Wilfork ? Can the giants develop a running game? And do we get burned all day by Welker and the TE's.Pats went 8-0 in the 2nd half playing the easiest schedule in the NFL over that time, The NY Giants played the Toughest

So i guess this poses the question. Do we have a distinct advantage because of the tougher schedule leading to the Superbowl? Also, <FONT color=#0000ff>does the two week break kill the New York Giants momentum</FONT>? I guess if I have any concerns its along those lines..but that being said it goes both ways ...So its on TC to not only prepare our boys but also keep them focused something he has done a great job of over the last 5/6 weeks....the all in additude is a must and gives us the edge imho

redzone88
02-01-2012, 08:06 PM
byron,

any thoughts about the turf or being in a dome?

shotcalla39
02-01-2012, 08:27 PM

F eel free to add the many similarities.*

I felt a lot of people picked the 9ers last week.... It seems no one is picking the pats

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 08:28 PM
One difference.

SF had Alex Smith
NE has Tom Brady

shotcalla39
02-01-2012, 08:55 PM
One difference.

SF had Alex Smith
NE has Tom Brady

Another bigger difference... 49ers best d in league and probably best rush defense in history of NFL... Record 1 rushing td given up all year.... Against the 2nd worst pass Defense in history in NE in terms of yardage against

byron
02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
byron, any thoughts about the turf or being in a dome? I don't see any advantage as far as the turf goes... I did read that LOS is ranked as one of the best surfaces in the league....The fact that its inside bodes well for both QB's,againI think its a wash. What little I've read on the matter they both play better inside at orabout the same percentage higher versus their outside ratings...I couldn't find any solid numbers so take it for what its worth....

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 12:43 AM

Well, the only team that we beat with a winning record was NE.