PDA

View Full Version : Peyton,Peyton,Peyton!!! Even At the Superbow?!!?!!

ikebibby91
02-01-2012, 04:55 PM
<font size="5">I know it's his house but it's Eli's moment. I wish Peyton would pipe down and make himself small, even though that is impossible with the buzz about whether or not he will be a Colt next year. I feel sorry for the Patriots on Sunday because I think Eli will emphatically destroy anything in front of him on Sunday.</font>

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm sure Eli doesn't care but I do. This dude deserves to have his moment without having to rehash stories about growing up with him. I don't recall Payton answering questions about Eli during the Superbowl.

I knew Payton would be a story during this week I just didn't think he would be the story.

ikebibby91
02-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm sure Eli doesn't care but I do. This dude deserves to have his moment without having to rehash stories about growing up with him. I don't recall Payton answering questions about Eli during the Superbowl.

I knew Payton would be a story during this week I just didn't think he would be the story.
<font size="4">
Monday Eli will have two rings and maybe two Superbowl MVP's and you won't be able to talk about a Manning without mentioning Eli's name.</font>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-01-2012, 05:46 PM
I think its good for our team actually. We hear about Brady, Peyton, and now Rodgers(pro bowl drama). Its all good, we are still flying UNDER the Radar!! I say we pop up into the radar around 11:30pm EST Sunday!!!! They will never know what hit'em til its too late...GAME OVER!!!

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 05:47 PM

well if Eli was regarded as the best over by many and was in the spot that Peyton was im sure he would of gotten questions as well

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
02-01-2012, 06:19 PM

well if Eli was regarded as the best over by many and was in the spot that Peyton was im sure he would of gotten questions as well

I disagree. I thinks its just Eli! There are many brothers in the NFL from brother to coaches and I don't hear quite as many questions asked about their brothers.

I feel like the media has this thing with Eli where they poke poke and poke to hoping to get a reaction. Everybody claims Eli is such a boring interview. He gives you the carbon copy answers and the 1 time he gives his opinion (by saying he feels he is elite) the press runs with it and it becomes a year long story.

As a Giants fan I feel he is the most disrespected player in the NFL. To not be in the top 100 players is insane! Then I watch ESPN 1st take and they say Eli has to win this SB to be Elite. Brews is elite and has 1 ring Rodgers is elite and has 1 ring but Eli needs 2 to be elite?

M0rbid
02-01-2012, 06:26 PM
You guys should listen to Michael Kay.... This guy is a closet Brady fan, it's so comical.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 06:27 PM

I disagree. I thinks its just Eli! There are many brothers in the NFL from brother to coaches and I don't hear quite as many questions asked about their brothers.

I feel like the media has this thing with Eli where they poke poke and poke to hoping to get a reaction. Everybody claims Eli is such a boring interview. He gives you the carbon copy answers and the 1 time he gives his opinion (by saying he feels he is elite) the press runs with it and it becomes a year long story.

As a Giants fan I feel he is the most disrespected player in the NFL. To not be in the top 100 players is insane! Then I watch ESPN 1st take and they say Eli has to win this SB to be Elite. Brews is elite and has 1 ring Rodgers is elite and has 1 ring but Eli needs 2 to be elite?

The questions surrounding Peyton Manning right now is crazy. Will he ever play again? If he does, will it be with the colts or another team? I mean the game is IN ****in indy.

He wasn't getting questions like this in 07 either. Its just hte situation of Peyton. Possibly the greatest ever to play the position, who is Eli's brother, has a future in question and the superbowl in his city's town.

Your reading into it too much

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
02-01-2012, 06:49 PM

The questions surrounding Peyton Manning right now is crazy. Will he ever play again? If he does, will it be with the colts or another team?* I mean the game is IN ****in indy.

He wasn't getting questions like this in 07 either. Its just hte situation of Peyton. Possibly the greatest ever to play the position, who is Eli's brother, has a future in question and the superbowl in his city's town.

I don't think I'm reading to much into it. Yeah I understand that given the situation at hand people are gonna ask about him. However the SB was in Dallas last year and I didn't see nor hear from Romo.

Once again I completely get people asking about him with everything that is going on. I just feel like let Eli get his shine. He deserves it. Payton did an interview with Trey Wingo on media day. What did he say? anything important? I'm rehabbing and now its the time to have this discussion...your damn right Payton and now its the time to do this interview. Go sit somewhere till Sunday.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 06:56 PM

The questions surrounding Peyton Manning right now is crazy. Will he ever play again? If he does, will it be with the colts or another team? I mean the game is IN ****in indy.

I don't think I'm reading to much into it. Yeah I understand that given the situation at hand people are gonna ask about him. However the SB was in Dallas last year and I didn't see nor hear from Romo.

Once again I completely get people asking about him with everything that is going on. I just feel like let Eli get his shine. He deserves it. Payton did an interview with Trey Wingo on media day. What did he say? anything important? I'm rehabbing and now its the time to have this discussion...your damn right Payton and now its the time to do this interview. Go sit somewhere till Sunday.

lol by ur first paragraph i can see u dont understand

A) nobody cares about Tony Romo and hes no where near what Peyton is

B) There was no question marks about Romo

C) Eli isn't related to romo

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
02-01-2012, 07:36 PM

The questions surrounding Peyton Manning right now is crazy. Will he ever play again? If he does, will it be with the colts or another team?* I mean the game is IN ****in indy.

How can u say I don't understand when I've stated 4 or 5 times that I understand.

Yes Payton is one of the greatest of all time, yes the status of his career ongoing is in question, yes he is Eli's brother, yes they are playing in Indy. I get exactly why Payton would be a be topic...but is it bigger than the SB? No.

What I am saying is Payton should go take a vacation or something. Doing interviews in which u don't really have anything to add to the topic is not necessary. Let your brother have his shine.

My point on Romo/Dallas SB is that its not necessary for Payton to be around. Other teams don't ask their players to hang around bc the SB is in their city. The media is gonna do what it does even though after 8 years you would think its played out. Payton can go somewhere he doesn't have to add to it.

Voldamort
02-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Eli has the eye of the tiger right now,IT TAKES THE PRESSURE OFF THE GIANTS THIS WEEK WITH peyton and 3 pt. underdogs!!!

Harooni
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
You have to understand till Monday. Peyton is the manning

GameTime
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
why are you surprised? There is a Manning in the SB another Manning who is proabably going to go down as a top 5 all time QB in the history of the sport who may have to retire or get released. Oh and BTW that same Manning is the only reason Indy has a new stadium and why the SB is actually there this season. Dont even get started on the media competition between Eli and Peyton. </P>

still surprised Peyton is in the news these past two weeks? IMO he has been as quiet as he could have been based on all the stuff going on at the moment.</P>

ELIteManning
02-01-2012, 11:43 PM
I DVR'd NFL Live yesterday ... when I got home and watched it over 30+ minutes of the 1hr show was all about Peyton. It is out of control. Peyton should not have done his big interview during this week. He could easily of waited until next week when things settled down. Also Jim Irsay can't shut up. He keeps talking about Peyton being a politician but he is the one constantly tweeting stuff and saying things to the media. Quit drawing attention to yourself.

Mohann
02-02-2012, 02:55 AM
It's not a big deal, the game is over covered as it is, they have to talk about other things. Having said that, what is new about his status? What are we learning about his health this week? Do we know what the Colts decision is now? There is nothing to learn until it's time to pay the man. A 28 mil decision is usually made at the last minute when the best info is available. The coverage of Peyton is non news at the moment. Wild rumors and speculation are everywhere, but not real news. So it doesn't really deserve the coverage at the moment. Then again, the game is over covered too so what can they do?

GMenNY21
02-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Eli will get his prime time attention after the game... Peyton distracting the media was all apart of "the plan"

blueomaha
02-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Most of the time the media gets under players skin...Eli will not allow that to happen...so they look for another story...because sb46 is in indy, it's all about Payton..Eli always have to prove his self one more time as usual.....

stormblue
02-02-2012, 07:05 AM
if it doesn't bother Eli , then it doesn't bother me.

NYGFaninILL
02-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Dude Chill out. I've been hearing a lot a bout Peyton, but I've been hearing a lot about Eli, too. He's getting his due right now.

Bur seriously, it's like half you guys here want an "Eli channel" that talk about him 24 hours a day.

Its super bowl week, they have NFL Live on about 5 hours a day. What more news do you want about Eli that you haven't heard.

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 08:21 AM
That is what happens when the media has a extra week with no other news going on.

elismom
02-02-2012, 08:25 AM
<font size="5">I know it's his house but it's Eli's moment. I wish Peyton would pipe down and make himself small, even though that is impossible with the buzz about whether or not he will be a Colt next year. I feel sorry for the Patriots on Sunday because I think Eli will emphatically destroy anything in front of him on Sunday.</font>

RESPECT for 18. SHOW IT

gumby742
02-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm sure Eli doesn't care but I do. This dude deserves to have his moment without having to rehash stories about growing up with him. I don't recall Payton answering questions about Eli during the Superbowl. I knew Payton would be a story during this week I just didn't think he would be the story.

I disagree. I thinks its just Eli! There are many brothers in the NFL from brother to coaches and I don't hear quite as many questions asked about their brothers. I feel like the media has this thing with Eli where they poke poke and poke to hoping to get a reaction. Everybody claims Eli is such a boring interview. He gives you the carbon copy answers and the 1 time he gives his opinion (by saying he feels he is elite) the press runs with it and it becomes a year long story. As a Giants fan I feel he is the most disrespected player in the NFL. To not be in the top 100 players is insane! Then I watch ESPN 1st take and they say Eli has to win this SB to be Elite. Brews is elite and has 1 ring Rodgers is elite and has 1 ring but Eli needs 2 to be elite?</P>

Disrespected?! The media was riding Eli's jock all season. I'm not sure how much more you can ask for.</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 08:50 AM

How can u say I don't understand when I've stated 4 or 5 times that I understand.

Yes Payton is one of the greatest of all time, yes the status of his career ongoing is in question, yes he is Eli's brother, yes they are playing in Indy. I get exactly why Payton would be a be topic...but is it bigger than the SB? No.

What I am saying is Payton should go take a vacation or something. Doing interviews in which u don't really have anything to add to the topic is not necessary. Let your brother have his shine.

My point on Romo/Dallas SB is that its not necessary for Payton to be around. Other teams don't ask their players to hang around bc the SB is in their city. The media is gonna do what it does even though after 8 years you would think its played out. Payton can go somewhere he doesn't have to add to it.

he hasn't been bigger than the game.

Why would he go on vacation when he is trying to rehab so that he can show he is healthy for his MARch deadline. Romo was in shame, PEyton has two reasons to be around: Hes living and rehabds there &amp; his brother is playing in the superbowl.

Are u suggesting he hsouldn't of wento the San Fran game either?

Hes not adding to it, infact the interview he did was to answer questions and to say that the focus shouldn't be on him. He gave a deadline for when hes going to meet Irsay and he told the media to come back to him then

like i said, your making too much of it.

Gianthunter
02-02-2012, 09:01 AM
I guess Burress being there and signing autographs is one uping Eli again also.