PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Obligatory "I have a bad feeling" thread?

burier
02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm pretty sure for all of the playoff games there's been a thread where someone comes on and says "I have a bad feeling" and then lists all the reasons we could lose.

For the sake of being consistent I think we sould get another one of those going. Seems to always lead to a win.

CDN_G-FAN
02-01-2012, 06:01 PM
i'm torn.

i always have a bad feeling, but from previous posts i'm also apparently "all in".

i'm not sure what to do.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm pretty sure for all of the playoff games there's been a thread where someone comes on and says "I have a bad feeling" and then lists all the reasons we could lose.

For the sake of being consistent I think we sould get another one of those going. Seems to always lead to a win.

well whoever said it about san fran was obviously on seeing as how it went to OT and we needed a lucky bounce to get us that far.

But I hate the fact that we have turned into the favorites for this game. The Giants NEVER play good when they are the favorites

burier
02-01-2012, 06:04 PM

well whoever said it about san fran was obviously on seeing as how it went to OT and we needed a lucky bounce to get us that far.

But I hate the fact that we have turned into the favorites for this game. The Giants NEVER play good when they are the favorites

you're trying to bait me

bandwgn86
02-01-2012, 06:04 PM
i'm torn. i always have a bad feeling, but from previous posts i'm also apparently "all in". i'm not sure what to do.wanna share my Lorazepam?

CDN_G-FAN
02-01-2012, 06:08 PM

this is bugging me too.

good news is regardless of external expectation, these players sound the same as they did last week, and the week before too.

i just hope they understand how flawless they're going to have to play.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 06:08 PM

you're trying to bait me

lolol

first part i was

second part i was actually serious about

Giants10Joe
02-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't like when we're the favorites either. We were expected to crush the Redskins and look what happened. Fortunately, the Patriots are not the Redskins and the expectations are not the same so the players are less likely to not take the game seriously (which is what I think happened against the Skins). However, I think what worries me the most is that I'm not worried. So yes, someone please list all the reasons we're going to lose to get me worried (plus, even if how worried I am has no effect on the game it feels better to win after you were worried).

Eli TO Shockey
02-01-2012, 06:26 PM

here we go again SMH

Eli TO Shockey
02-01-2012, 06:27 PM
im pretty sure I saw one of those threads yesterday. it may have been the day before

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 06:40 PM

here we go again SMH

ur right

it was a good football play when the ball skimmed the knee of Williams

no luck involved

[*-)]

jomo
02-01-2012, 06:41 PM
They've been all over this site the past 9 days.

Rudyy
02-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Don't we usually play better against tough competition?

Robert21156
02-01-2012, 06:54 PM
I don't like when we're the favorites either. We were expected to crush the Redskins and look what happened. Fortunately, the Patriots are not the Redskins and the expectations are not the same so the players are less likely to not take the game seriously (which is what I think happened against the Skins). However, I think what worries me the most is that I'm not worried. So yes, someone please list all the reasons we're going to lose to get me worried (plus, even if how worried I am has no effect on the game it feels better to win after you were worried).
</P>

Brilliant post. I salute you, especially since I feel the same way.</P>

jomo
02-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Let me direct you to the current thread that starts "I have a bad feeling........"</P>

There will always be negative nancies around these boards and around life.</P>

All in!!</P>

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM

only the favorites to the talking head media tools.

the underdogs in vegas

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 07:24 PM

the underdogs in vegas

i can't believe that line hasn't moved

especially cuz this figures to be more of a home game for us... we should have the crowd

jomo
02-01-2012, 07:30 PM

the underdogs in vegas

especially cuz this figures to be more of a home game for us... we should have the crowd
I think being the underdog is really important for the younger players who might get self satisfied if we were favored. This sets up well for us.</P>

All in!!</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 07:32 PM

the underdogs in vegas

I think being the underdog is really important for the younger players who might get self satisfied if we were favored. This sets up well for us.</p>

All in!!</p>

yea but thats what scares me... the line was the initial favorite/dog sign - but i think the talking heads and public have us as the clear favorite - THATS what scares me

THE_New_York_Giants
02-01-2012, 07:32 PM
</P>

Brilliant post.* I salute you, especially since I feel the same way.</P>
I've got a feeling the Giants don't care who the favorite is.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
i think its a mental thing

I think they just lax when people are patting them on their back

i think they play up when people are talking **** about them...

hopfully that won't matter in the big game

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
if you wanna see the real action on the line just wait until 45mins or so until kickoff. you will really see where things stand as far as the line. if it moves and pats are only 1.5 or 2 pt favs you know some crazy stuff is going down.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 07:41 PM
if you wanna see the real action on the line just wait until 45mins or so until kickoff. you will really see where things stand as far as the line. if it moves and pats are only 1.5 or 2 pt favs you know some crazy stuff is going down.

haha

yea somebody is going to drop a bomb shell

somebody is stocking vegas wtih NE bets so that right before kick they can drop a bombshell on the Giants

no way this line should be staying the same

NYBlue10
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I would worry of a letdown, but this is SUPER BOWL, I just don't see it. They'll play hard.

kbusch22
02-01-2012, 07:53 PM
As pretty much everybody else has said, the Giants always seem to thrive when the media is disrepecting them. Along with that, for a team whose mantra is "Talk is cheap, play the game" the talking has overwhelmingly come from the Giants camp. There's also the fact that the Patriots have an enormous chip on their shoulder whether they want to admit it publicly or not...I'm not sure if Brady and Belicheck have lost to a team 3 times in a row. It's all superstition really, if you're into that kind of thing (and I definitely am at times...can't help it!)</P>

For the actual game, the only thing I'm really worried about isthat I think getting to Brady is going to be a lot harder than people realize. I fully expect the Patriots to settle foraton of quick, short passesto rake in the YAC and minimize pressure and sacks. Our guys have to be ready to tackle the receivers immediately and consistently. Tackling has looked sloppy at times to say the least, and it's going to be just as big of a factor as getting pressure will be.</P>

Go Big Blue!</P>

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 09:08 PM
[But I hate the fact that we have turned into the favorites for this game. The Giants NEVER play good when they are the favorites

SB21 disagrees with you (only SB we were favored in).

I keep trying to remember that every time I hear another analyst or player pick us.

Harooni
02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
I miss giggles too

Voldamort
02-01-2012, 09:13 PM
not going there

swimeasy
02-01-2012, 11:58 PM
[But I hate the fact that we have turned into the favorites for this game. The Giants NEVER play good when they are the favorites

SB21 disagrees with you (only SB we were favored in).

I keep trying to remember that every time I hear another analyst or player pick us.

Thanks Krunch, good antidote. I will have to borrow that one myself as well.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 12:30 AM

Here you go...lol...
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2468067.aspx

krygny
02-02-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm so confident, it's almost scary.

So scary, that I'm beginning to have a bad feeling.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Sorry I couldn't link it. But that thread was mad today or yesterday. So you were right..... Lol

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 12:33 AM

here we go again SMH

ur right

no luck involved

[*-)]

Well, it was actually a bad football play on Kyle Williams's part. And then we made the good play on seeing what happened and picking it up.

Make less mistakes then your opponent, I always say. Mistakes are part of the game and what won it for the Giants and lost it for the 49ers.

gumby742
02-02-2012, 09:26 AM
i'm torn. i always have a bad feeling, but from previous posts i'm also apparently "all in". i'm not sure what to do.</P>

me too. I have a bad feeling for every game. I get even worse feelings when we're getting all the attention and props from the media.</P>

GameTime
02-02-2012, 09:36 AM
i'm torn. i always have a bad feeling, but from previous posts i'm also apparently "all in". i'm not sure what to do.</P>

me too. I have a bad feeling for every game. I get even worse feelings when we're getting all the attention and props from the media.</P>

</P>

its a vicious cylce with die hard fans IMO.</P>

At times you look at the two teams and pick them apart and say.."yeah..the Giants have this one". Then you look back and start to think too much.."well....what about Woodhead..he could have a great day if the defense forgets about him. Or what about Chad Johnson..OMG he could torch the Giants if the dont game plan for him....etc.".. (BTW used DW and CJ as just examples)</P>

The more you know about the game's X's and O's the more questions that come up. Its only natural.</P>

Sit back and look at the game from a more simplistic point of veiw. Which ever team wins the LOS will or should win the game. Barring any monumental mistakes or criticle turnovers.</P>

The Giants have what it takes to win the LOS. But we have no crystal ball so we will have to wait on pins and needles till Sunday night....</P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 09:47 AM

here we go again SMH

ur right

no luck involved

[*-)]

Well, it was actually a bad football play on Kyle Williams's part. And then we made the good play on seeing what happened and picking it up.

Make less mistakes then your opponent, I always say. Mistakes are part of the game and what won it for the Giants and lost it for the 49ers.
absolutely

These fans will do anything to say a lucky bounce came our way though because in their minds they think by saying that it would mean we didn't deserve to be where we are. It isn't the case.

Theres plenty of things that change aspects of games and some of them are lucky breaks. It happens ALL over the NFL in every game, on every play.

I just know this: If roles were reversed and what happened to the 9ers and WIlliams happened to us and Ross - my argument would be the same. I highly doubt that some of the people i've been talking to on here would maintain their same view point

burier
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM

here we go again SMH

ur right

no luck involved

[*-)]

absolutely

These fans will do anything to say a lucky bounce came our way though because in their minds they think by saying that it would mean we didn't deserve to be where we are. It isn't the case.

Theres plenty of things that change aspects of games and some of them are lucky breaks. It happens ALL over the NFL in every game, on every play.

I just know this: If roles were reversed and what happened to the 9ers and WIlliams happened to us and Ross - my argument would be the same. I highly doubt that some of the people i've been talking to on here would maintain their same view point

Someone said it best. The team that makes the least mistakes wins. No luck. No appologies.