PDA

View Full Version : Even as WR Edelman had 6 catches this season.

NYBlue10
02-01-2012, 06:48 PM
So why worry about Edelman as a cornerback?

You people worry too much.

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Who was worried? Surely not the Giants receivers, who are really the only ones who matter in this.

MattMeyerBud
02-01-2012, 06:52 PM
So why worry about Edelman as a cornerback?

You people worry too much.

i didn't see anybody worried about edelman

bflo23
02-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Who does he think he is? Jason Sehorn

2003 was the last time a white cornerback was in the NFL and it was Sehorn.

miked1958
02-01-2012, 07:52 PM
I think if BB is stupid enough to use him to cover our 3 speedy WRs then we will make him pay dearly for it

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if BB did something crazy with him on the offense. Forget about WR, he was KSU's quarterback.

giantsfan420
02-01-2012, 08:04 PM
maybe the reason why he only had 6 catches is because he's a running back i believe.

greenca190
02-01-2012, 08:08 PM

Is that for serious? Not one white cornerback in the league?

bflo23
02-01-2012, 08:21 PM

Is that for serious? Not one white cornerback in the league?

Yep. It is true. Sehorn was huge and pretty good as he had some solid years..... 9 years ago.

GmenFan1980
02-01-2012, 08:51 PM
maybe the reason why he only had 6 catches is because he's a running back i believe.

his natural position is Wide receiver. BB also uses him in kick and punt returns as well as DB. There are time he runs the ball though i believe.

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 08:56 PM
He was a quarterback in HS and a three year starting QB at Kent State.

jomo
02-01-2012, 08:58 PM
So why worry about Edelman as a cornerback? You people worry too much.I hear he also plays a meanpiano. I mean like this guy does it all. [;)]

B&RWarrior
02-01-2012, 10:16 PM

That's the only thing Sehorn and Edleman have in common. Sehorn had the makings of an All-Pro DB before the ACL. Edelman- not so much.

FYI Edelman is faster than Mario. He'll be used to eliminate the deep ball. He'll give up the short route. Even still he's got to react to the WR. We still may be able to burn him with some good double moves.

rainierjef
02-01-2012, 10:50 PM

That's the only thing Sehorn and Edleman have in common. Sehorn had the makings of an All-Pro DB before the ACL. Edelman- not so much.

FYI Edelman is faster than Mario. He'll be used to eliminate the deep ball. He'll give up the short route. Even still he's got to react to the WR. We still may be able to burn him with some good double moves.

then treat him like terrence newman, run hard then curl hard or coem back to the ball. he is not a DB there are movements that you have to learn as a db to mirror the receiver, and break on the ball, looking back at the QB's eyes while not letting your man break free of containment. who gives a **** how fast he is he's not able to jam cuase hes too small and not strong enough. sure he can keep up with mario or nicks but if they cut or break can he keep them hips fluid and not bend?? these are the questions of being a good DB most DB's aren't as fast as receivers what their good at is taking angles, and mirroring. A. samuels is slow as **** but he knows how to stick to his man and when to break on a route for the interception