PDA

View Full Version : My biggest worry is that I'm not worried

pica01
02-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I've been a Giants fan for 40 yrs.I've never felt so strongly confident that the Giants are the better team and will win.I'm never confident.I'm not a bettor and if you bet against my picks over the yrs using the George Costanza do the opposite rule you'de be rich.My buddy hit 2 parleys divisional week after asking who I liked and betting the opposite.I did,however,like the Giants against the niners so I'm hoping I'm no longer the kiss of death.It just seems to me that our strengths are the pats weaknesses and our weaknesses aren't pats strong points.Our passing offense attacks vertically down the field with multible weapons with an offensive line that pass blocks well,last week aside.The pats secondary sucks and they don't have a great pass rush.The Giants secondary is vunerable to verticle passing attacks and depends on the 4 man rush for help.The pats passing game is horizontal dink and dunk crossing patterns to welker.Thier verticle deep threats are the tight ends,not the wideouts.Not that we've covered tightends well vertically but The niners Davis has wideout speed that an injured Gronkowski and Hernandez don't.The Gints shutout the niner wideouts and I'm hoping that they can again,besides Welker.He's gonna get open running those 10 yrd crossing patterns.Those patterns give Fewell an oppurtunity to selectively run uncharactoristic zone blitzes where you send a lb blitzing and drop a D lineman into coverage where Brady doesn't expect him to be.Or rush 3 and drop the 4th into that Welker area where Brady doesn't see him,we could get a big play.Also from the uncharactaristic file,I can see,in the right spot,Weatherford running a fake punt.Just watch early on giant punts from that behind view the Pats rush to see if they turn downfield and disregard any chance Weatherford will run.He played Australian rules fb and is a tough sob.He had a greenlight to run with the Jet's until he ran on 4th and 19 after a penalty.He thought it was 4th and 9.He came up 2 yrds short.Hey,remember North dallas 40.The NFL is about tendencies.Any of you guys remember our coach faking a punt or field goal?Ever?Now,maybe Belichick is thinking the same thing,but if early punts show he isn't,well.....midfield...4th and 5....does he trust Weatherford enough to do the right thing?If it's not there he can punt it anyway and take the illegal downfield penalty.Coughlin has a career tendancy against trickery.We'll never see a double reverse option pass or surprise onside kick but if the right situation comes up...maybe we'll see something unusual.

miked1958
02-01-2012, 07:02 PM
I've been a Giants fan for 40 yrs.I've never felt so strongly confident that the Giants are the better team and will win.I'm never confident.I'm not a bettor and if you bet against my picks over the yrs using the George Costanza do the opposite rule you'de be rich.My buddy hit 2 parleys divisional week after asking who I liked and betting the opposite.I did,however,like the Giants against the niners so I'm hoping I'm no longer the kiss of death.It just seems to me that our strengths are the pats weaknesses and our weaknesses aren't pats strong points.Our passing offense attacks vertically down the field with multible weapons with an offensive line that pass blocks well,last week aside.The pats secondary sucks and they don't have a great pass rush.The Giants secondary is vunerable to verticle passing attacks and depends on the 4 man rush for help.The pats passing game is horizontal dink and dunk crossing patterns to welker.Thier verticle deep threats are the tight ends,not the wideouts.Not that we've covered tightends well vertically but The niners Davis has wideout speed that an injured Gronkowski and Hernandez don't.The Gints shutout the niner wideouts and I'm hoping that they can again,besides Welker.He's gonna get open running those 10 yrd crossing patterns.Those patterns give Fewell an oppurtunity to selectively run uncharactoristic zone blitzes where you send a lb blitzing and drop a D lineman into coverage where Brady doesn't expect him to be.Or rush 3 and drop the 4th into that Welker area where Brady doesn't see him,we could get a big play.Also from the uncharactaristic file,I can see,in the right spot,Weatherford running a fake punt.Just watch early on giant punts from that behind view the Pats rush to see if they turn downfield and disregard any chance Weatherford will run.He played Australian rules fb and is a tough sob.He had a greenlight to run with the Jet's until he ran on 4th and 19 after a penalty.He thought it was 4th and 9.He came up 2 yrds short.Hey,remember North dallas 40.The NFL is about tendencies.Any of you guys remember our coach faking a punt or field goal?Ever?Now,maybe Belichick is thinking the same thing,but if early punts show he isn't,well.....midfield...4th and 5....does he trust Weatherford enough to do the right thing?If it's not there he can punt it anyway and take the illegal downfield penalty.Coughlin has a career tendancy against trickery.We'll never see a double reverse option pass or surprise onside kick but if the right situation comes up...maybe we'll see something unusual.
I agree. I am not worried either. Was more concerned with GB and SF. I may be wrong but I think the giants have played their toughest games already. I am usually scared prior to all our games. And oh, I have been a fan for about 47 yrs

miked1958
02-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Oh by the way greay post

NYBlue10
02-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd like to see a trick play just to rub it into Bellichick's face.

calzonesays
02-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm worried about Aaron Hernandez in the backfield. How the hell do you account for him, is he an H-back is he a TE? He's pretty much a WR who is playing TE who is lining up in the backfield. Takes a great level of discipline.

JJC7301
02-01-2012, 11:58 PM
Sounds and feels weird, but I haven't been worried since the 2nd Dallas game ended. After that and after each succeeding victory, I just believed that we'd keep winning because I love how we matched up against each new opponent, and that we were playing up to our own talent.

Pakman
02-02-2012, 12:39 AM
I don't know how to respond to this title...

You're worried because you're not worried? WTF!!

Live life and enjoy the game on Sunday. Don't be worried because you're not worried.

rainierjef
02-02-2012, 01:03 AM
i said this whoever made it out of the final of the nfc were going to win the super bowl especially if it was SF. defense wins championships the offensive juggernauts have all lost, and lets be honest GB/NO > NE. So i'm extremely confident we will see

Lambeau12
02-02-2012, 01:22 AM
This game will come down to the final drive like last time. Giants 27 Pats 24

BigBluePoint
02-02-2012, 05:21 PM
We are Giants fans. Never forget that. Worry is in our DNA.

I always expect the worst and hope for the best. This game is no different.

New England with Tom Brady always worries me. He is like a surgeon throwing the ball. Vince Wilfork worries me. He's a man-beast who played even more possessed against the Ravens. Wes Welker worries me. He's a slippery little bugger with the heart of a lion. Even Gronkowski worries me, bad ankle and all. Can he pull off a Kirk Gibson and hurt us big time?

And then there's Billy B. He's a mad scientist that could come up with the perfect game plan to foil us.

Damn straight, I am worried. I will be until that final second ticks away in the fourth quarter and I know for sure the game is in the bag. It's ok to be worried. I wouldn't have it any other way!

pica01
02-03-2012, 08:36 PM
pakman-Im a longtime giants fan.I saw Pasarcik fumble in 79.I watched Dodge punt to Jackson last yr.I remember sitting in my favorite bar in 01 when the Giants were up 24 on the niners and everyone was celebrating telling them the game wasn't over and the 9ers were explosive.I trusted the Parcell teams more than most but I still always worried.What I'm saying is how I'm feeling about this game is very unusual.I'm more confident we'll beat this team than I was in 86 we'de beat denver.Remember,this team lost badly to the skins just a couple months ago.I remember in 07 after going 0-2 giving up 80 points how little I expected the rest of the season.I didn't expect alot this yr.They seem to overachieve when I don't expect it.Now,I expect it.Understand?

gmen46
02-03-2012, 10:25 PM
pakman-Im a longtime giants fan.I saw Pasarcik fumble in 79.I watched Dodge punt to Jackson last yr.I remember sitting in my favorite bar in 01 when the Giants were up 24 on the niners and everyone was celebrating telling them the game wasn't over and the 9ers were explosive.I trusted the Parcell teams more than most but I still always worried.What I'm saying is how I'm feeling about this game is very unusual.I'm more confident we'll beat this team than I was in 86 we'de beat denver.Remember,this team lost badly to the skins just a couple months ago.I remember in 07 after going 0-2 giving up 80 points how little I expected the rest of the season.I didn't expect alot this yr.They seem to overachieve when I don't expect it.Now,I expect it.Understand?

I understand exactly what you mean.

Eli is the Jedi warrior.

And he will wave his hand in front of the Patriots' defense, they won't even see Nicks/Cruz/Manningham coming.

Coughlin is Obe Wan Kenobe to Belichick's Darth Vader--both of whom learned from Parcell's Yoda.

The Death Star will be annihilated.

(I'm not REALLY a Star Wars nerd, so forgive any incorrect analogy)

BParcells777
02-03-2012, 10:35 PM
you always worry

anything can happen in an NFL game but I'd be a heck of a lot more worried if I were a Patriots fan LOL

M0rbid
02-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Just enjoy the ride. Remember, its just a game.

bearbryant
02-03-2012, 11:18 PM
I've felt the uneasy uncertainty in every game since the Jets. This game is different because the money says Pats but common sense and logic says G-Men. I'm with the OP's idea of using those zone blitzes in dropping a DE and delaying a LB blitzer to unseat brady's teeth. I hope fewell is up for this challenge cause he needs to adjust on his feet and bring a lot ofstuff unseen by bellicheat up to now. I want to see our D slam the hell out of the Patsies RB'searly and often, make them 1 dimentional and then the party starts! Go Giants!!!!