PDA

View Full Version : Was Edelman playing DB in our reg season game?

TrueBlue10
02-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Was Edelman playing DB in our reg season game?

A keep hearing a LOT of people talking about the advantage our slot receiver will have over Edelman, but I don't recall our WRs running wild or anything when we played them earlier in the year.

What's the story?

bflo23
02-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Remember that Nicks and Bradshaw were missing from that game.

ngirard85'
02-01-2012, 09:27 PM
The game is on right now on NFL Network

Drez
02-01-2012, 09:32 PM
No, Edleman wasn't. They actually had a nickle/dime corner back then. They cut that guy a couple weeks after our game.</P>

I was reading today that for as porous as the Pats pass defense is, they've only allowed 5 pass plays of over 20 yards on the season. All things considered, that's pretty impressive. I think we allowed that in the first quarter against the Saints, lol.</P>

Zaggs
02-01-2012, 09:48 PM
No, Edleman wasn't. They actually had a nickle/dime corner back then. They cut that guy a couple weeks after our game.</p>

I was reading today that for as porous as the Pats pass defense is, they've only allowed 5 pass plays of over 20 yards on the season. All things considered, that's pretty impressive. I think we allowed that in the first quarter against the Saints, lol.</p>

According to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4716735/both-pats-giants-have-potent-weapons) they allowed 79. It also says only 8 receivers have 14 (or more) catches of 20+ yards, Cruz and Nicks are on that list.

bLuereverie
02-01-2012, 09:49 PM
No, Edleman wasn't. They actually had a nickle/dime corner back then. They cut that guy a couple weeks after our game.</P>

I was reading today that for as porous as the Pats pass defense is, they've only allowed 5 pass plays of over 20 yards on the season. All things considered, that's pretty impressive. I think we allowed that in the first quarter against the Saints, lol.</P>

5 TDs* of more than 20 yards.
They've allowed 79 plays of more than 20 yards. More than 20 more of the league average.

Kruunch
02-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Was Edelman playing DB in our reg season game?

A keep hearing a LOT of people talking about the advantage our slot receiver will have over Edelman, but I don't recall our WRs running wild or anything when we played them earlier in the year.

What's the story?

They ditched one of their corners after the Giants game and then started using Edelman in the Nickel.

Patriot 37
02-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Edelman is the dime. Sterling Moore is the nickel, but he doesn't play in the slot.

Drez
02-02-2012, 12:51 AM

According to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4716735/both-pats-giants-have-potent-weapons) they allowed 79. It also says only 8 receivers have 14 (or more) catches of 20+ yards, Cruz and Nicks are on that list.
</P>

Ahhh. My bad. That seemed way low to me. I must have either misread the article or they misstated the information. Thanks for the correction.</P>

pica01
02-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Drez-that's probably 5 over 20 in the 2 postseason games.Think before you type.

bLuereverie
02-02-2012, 07:35 AM
No, it's 5 TOUCHDOWN completions over 20+ yards

Patriot 37
02-02-2012, 09:17 AM
I wish our secondary only let up 5 passes 20+, unfortunately Brandon Marshall broke that mark in the 1st game.

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 09:18 AM
No he was not.