PDA

View Full Version : Colleges with the most players in the Super Bowl

Matt C
02-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Friend sent me this article, I know its from Bleacher Report, but it's actually pretty interesting. Lists what schools have the most players playing this sunday. Fresno, Troy, and Boston, are among the top, never would have thought that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1048094-super-bowl-xlvi-what-college-football-program-produced-the-most-representatives#/articles/1048094-super-bowl-xlvi-what-college-football-program-produced-the-most-representatives

(Sorry i don't know how to make it into a hyperlink)

GO BIG BLUE

TuckYou
02-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Friend sent me this article, I know its from Bleacher Report, but it's actually pretty interesting. Lists what schools have the most players playing this sunday. Fresno, Troy, and Boston, are among the top, never would have thought that. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1048094-super-bowl-xlvi-what-college-football-program-produced-the-most-representatives#/articles/1048094-super-bowl-xlvi-what-college-football-program-produced-the-most-representatives (Sorry i don't know how to make it into a hyperlink) GO BIG BLUE</P>

</P>

FresnoGiant
02-02-2012, 12:09 AM
I knew of three from my Fresno St Bulldogs (Carr, Mankins and Pascoe). I forgot about Wendell for Pats. Nice to see that kind of production from our "little school".

We all went crazy last week cheering when Pascoe caught that TD against SF. Especially sweet since they were the team that cut him so the Gmen could pick him up.

ru_gmen55
02-02-2012, 12:24 AM
There are two Scarlet Knights in the game...unfortunately they are both Patriots! The Giants only have one RU alum on the team, and he's a practice squad guy.

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Maybe we'll see USF (JPP & J. Williams) up there one day in the near future.

Boston College has been producing quality players for a looonnng time -- especially o-linemen. Matt Ryan is from there as well.

I didn't check the list out, but if memory serves me correct I believe that both Osi and Demarcus Ware are from Troy.

And Marshall produces some really good talent -- Randy Moss, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Chad Pennington.

I know that some of the names above aren't in the SB, but just wanted to give a shout-out to the smaller programs.

Giants10Joe
02-02-2012, 12:29 AM
And Kevin Boothe is representing my school. Only the second Cornellian to go to the Super Bowl (Derrick Harmon was the first with the 49ers) and it's his second trip. Couldn't be happier that it's with the Giants.

Matt C
02-02-2012, 12:51 AM
There are two Scarlet Knights in the game...unfortunately they are both Patriots! The Giants only have one RU alum on the team, and he's a practice squad guy.

One of the reasons I loved when O'Hara was on the team. He represented central jersey.

ru_gmen55
02-02-2012, 04:05 AM

One of the reasons I loved when O'Hara was on the team. He represented central jersey.

100% agreed...I was bummed when I found out he was cut. Loved him.

ru_gmen55
02-02-2012, 04:07 AM

By the way, I see you're from Milltown. I'm a Spotswood grad from '07...I guess Giantsland is a small world!

Matt C
02-02-2012, 11:37 AM

By the way, I see you're from Milltown. I'm a Spotswood grad from '07...I guess Giantsland is a small world!

Wow small world. Class of 03 here

repeatchamps
02-02-2012, 11:56 AM
There are two Scarlet Knights in the game...unfortunately they are both Patriots! The Giants only have one RU alum on the team, and he's a practice squad guy. One of the reasons I loved when O'Hara was on the team. He represented central jersey. 100% agreed...I was bummed when I found out he was cut. Loved him. By the way, I see you're from Milltown. I'm a Spotswood grad from '07...I guess Giantsland is a small world!</P>

Small world indeed guys. I am also a Rutgers Alum. Class of 2000 [:D]</P>

By the way, I will be not too far from both Milltown and Spotswood when I amin East Brunswick for my friend's annual Super Bowl party this Sunday. I was there when the Giants won Super Bowl 42 so maybethat'sa little good luck charm.[;)]</P>

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 11:58 AM
It just shows you do not have to go to a major football power to make it in the NFL.

jhamburg
02-02-2012, 12:04 PM
BC is not a surprise with Coughlin coaching.

FLNYGFAN
02-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Maybe we'll see USF (JPP & J. Williams) up there one day in the near future.

It's nice to see them there now.

Still wish Kawika was with the team.