PDA

View Full Version : DO the Pats play to keep ELI off the field?

MikeSherrard
02-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Some irony there huh?

Harooni
02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I think they play the run hoping that eli will give a few up for grabs.

hungrrrry
02-02-2012, 06:32 AM
I don't think the NE coaches believe they have a better chance, defensively, of keeping Eli off the field than the 49ers did...secondly I don't think they ask, what amounts to be, one of the best QBs of all time, to be a game manager. That would be absurd! If the Pats are going to lose they are going to want to go down playing THEIR game...out of pride and dignity. This is going to be a different game than we saw week 9. I see the score for this game at 75+ for total points. Clock management will come around at the end of the game.

bLuereverie
02-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Last game, they really tried pounding the ball against the Giants in the beginning of the game. Plenty of 3 TE sets with the extra tackle.

I imagine them to do more of the same.

brad
02-02-2012, 06:55 AM
I don't think they play to keep him off the field, instead I think they come out throwing down field early and often to test our D. They want to make a statement early, and their statement will have to come from the offense.

IMO, the defining moments of this game will happen in the first quarter and that will set the tone for the rest of the game. If the Giants make some sacks or turnovers early, they will force the Pats into a dink and dunk type offense. If not, it will be a shoot out.