PDA

View Full Version : Theory on injured players playing

LETITRIDE
02-01-2012, 10:20 PM
When Tuck was hurt earlier this year he was terrible. He was hurting the team. He could not rush the passer. He was not making tackles on running plays. Ben Rothlisberger played the 49ers with a high ankle sprain. How did that work out for the Steelers? Ben said the reason he is playing is because he is a QB. If he played any other position he would not play. He said it, not me.

Now Gronkowski has a high ankle sprain. If you do not think he has one look at the replay when he got hurt. He came out to media day to show the Giants, "look I do not need a boot". I hope he plays. He will not be able to block, make cuts and if he does catch the ball their is more of a chance he will fumble because of his injury.

Now once the second half rolls around after the long halftime show the drugs or needle will have worn off. The adrenaline will not be close to where it was before the game. He will be hurting. More of a chance for him to make mistakes, miss blocks, fumble the ball or even miss balls he would usually catch.

suzyq
02-02-2012, 06:50 AM
agree but i feel confident that the Giants are not really focusing on his ankle status. they want to fricken win this game. so sick of hear about the damn boot and Gronk.

Let's go Giants!!!!!!

LETITRIDE
02-03-2012, 01:05 AM
agree but i feel confident that the Giants are not really focusing on his ankle status. they want to fricken win this game. so sick of hear about the damn boot and Gronk.

Let's go Giants!!!!!!

They really want to win the game? Did you have to ask someone for that information or did you figure this out on your own?

Giants10Joe
02-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Here's Bill Simmons' theory on Gronk's injury (I know he's a Pats homer but it's interesting nonetheless and I think there's a decent chance he's right): TO played in a Super Bowl with a broken leg and was the best player there because, in Simmons' words, he's a "freak and a lunatic." Simmons thinks Gronk is the same way and won't even notice the pain. I doubt Gronk will be the best player out there, but I do think he'll play like he's not in pain.

BlueSanta
02-03-2012, 01:22 AM

Let's go Giants!!!!!!

They really want to win the game? Did you have to ask someone for that information or did you figure this out on your own?

Stop trolling....Besides, the same exact thing could have been said about your original post.

"Gronk is hurt so he could play poorly." Im sure you spent hours in the library researching this....Brilliant!

calzonesays
02-03-2012, 01:26 AM

Let's go Giants!!!!!!

Stop trolling....Besides, the same exact thing could have been said about your original post.

"Gronk is hurt so he could play poorly." Im sure you spent hours in the library researching this....Brilliant!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i423/rumper2/kick_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Hate_it_or_love_it
02-03-2012, 03:06 AM
you bring up a solid point. but remember. they have Hernandez. He's a great player. were he on another team he might had matched the gronks stats.

Nonetheless, i think we've got this b/c the d doesn't want to lose.

LETITRIDE
02-06-2012, 09:16 PM
When Tuck was hurt earlier this year he was terrible. He was hurting the team. He could not rush the passer. He was not making tackles on running plays. Ben Rothlisberger played the 49ers with a high ankle sprain. How did that work out for the Steelers? Ben said the reason he is playing is because he is a QB. If he played any other position he would not play. He said it, not me.

Now Gronkowski has a high ankle sprain. If you do not think he has one look at the replay when he got hurt. He came out to media day to show the Giants, "look I do not need a boot". I hope he plays. He will not be able to block, make cuts and if he does catch the ball their is more of a chance he will fumble because of his injury.

Now once the second half rolls around after the long halftime show the drugs or needle will have worn off. The adrenaline will not be close to where it was before the game. He will be hurting. More of a chance for him to make mistakes, miss blocks, fumble the ball or even miss balls he would usually catch.

I am thrilled he played!!!!!!