PDA

View Full Version : Going 'cold turkey' on media.

CTLadyBlue
02-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Really, I've had it. I don't want to listen to one more radio or television show until the game. On my way to work this morning, I was listening to Mad Dog Radio on XM (forgot who the morning guy was) and AGAIN they were debating the 'will Eli be considered elite/ HOFer' if he and TC win another one.

This is getting ridiculous. If it isn't that, its Peyton's neck or 'Bootgate'. These guys have nothing juice to report and are just regurgitating the same thing over and over.

That's it. I'm done. Cold turkey (except looking at the back pages of the Post/Daily News and checking in here), but if it means listening to someone twist the same subject into a different shaped pretzel, I'm done.

Anyone else feel the same way or is it just me suffering the nausea?

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Really, I've had it. I don't want to listen to one more radio or television show until the game. On my way to work this morning, I was listening to Mad Dog Radio on XM (forgot who the morning guy was) and AGAIN they were debating the 'will Eli be considered elite/ HOFer' if he and TC win another one.

This is getting ridiculous. If it isn't that, its Peyton's neck or 'Bootgate'. These guys have nothing juice to report and are just regurgitating the same thing over and over.

That's it. I'm done. Cold turkey (except looking at the back pages of the Post/Daily News and checking in here), but if it means listening to someone twist the same subject into a different shaped pretzel, I'm done.

I've been done for a few days now...
So tired of all the same stuff over and over.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Hey did you see that Timeline thread someone made linking all his videos together in one neat package

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:27 AM
He also had audio piece he did showing what an idiot Skip Bayless is.

How just 4 plus weeks ago he couldn't say enough bad things about the giants and Eli. Now he can't stop with the praise. What a tool

Atomic1
02-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Yup, DONE,..I watched the 2 games the last 2 nights on NFL network as they played the 07 Super Bowl and this seasons regular season game. Those games filled my need...... as I can't listen to the current B.S any more.

SweetZombieJesus
02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
I might be with you. I just can't get off the media drizzle of non-information since the last game... Been turning on NFL Network at every opportunity and listening to the radio, and I don't think I can take it anymore, it's torture.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Agreed

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Then we will be subject to 5 hours of pregame useless babble and stats and stories on Sunday

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:37 AM
I usually don't watch more the. An hour of it.

But since we are in the game I will be sucked in wanting to suck every second I can out of this ride...

bLuereverie
02-02-2012, 08:43 AM
I only follow players/coaches' interviews. Don't care for any more analysis, breakdowns, history talk, yadda yadda.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:43 AM
But u know we I'll be all disappointed to find out that all it is is a bunch of useless info about where Tom Brady gets his hair done and why BB and TC never smile.

Where so and so's wife gets her nails done there is a guy that delivers to the salon who knows a guy who knows a guy that had a brother in law who's cousin used to live next door to Ben Jarvus-green Ellis' Moms, grandfathers brother and how every morning before school they remember seein him through the window waiting for the bus tossing a football.

USELESS INFO I TELL YA??? LOL

buffyblue
02-02-2012, 08:46 AM
I am done with the media too. I can hardly wait till the game on Sunday. I really hope NY Giants put a beating on New England Patriots so all their arrogant fans can finally shut up.

I bELIeve

fightngiant
02-02-2012, 08:55 AM
nothing like hearing about gronks foot 24/7

jomo
02-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Really, I've had it. I don't want to listen to one more radio or television show until the game. On my way to work this morning, I was listening to Mad Dog Radio on XM (forgot who the morning guy was) and AGAIN they were debating the 'will Eli be considered elite/ HOFer' if he and TC win another one. This is getting ridiculous. If it isn't that, its Peyton's neck or 'Bootgate'. These guys have nothing juice to report and are just regurgitating the same thing over and over. That's it. I'm done. Cold turkey (except looking at the back pages of the Post/Daily News and checking in here), but if it means listening to someone twist the same subject into a different shaped pretzel, I'm done. Anyone else feel the same way or is it just me suffering the nausea?Yes, I am with you completely. I remember the Super Bowl against the Bills and the media trapped Bruce Smith into reflecting on racism in America for about 3 days. They got him talking about viscious, vile letters he had received in the mail and how it took a toll on his family. I remember thinking that I felt bad for him and good for the Giants because he wascandid in his comments and thereforedistracted for 3 days in the lead up to the Super Bowl. The media should be scorned for their lack of preparation and perspective. Itis now clearto me that every one on both rosters had a special childhood friend who didn't come back from Iraq or suffers a dread disease or a had grandparent who meant everything to them or has a special relationship with their mom being brought up ina single parent household or.............(fill in the blank). Can we just concentrate on the game? Please!

bLuereverie
02-02-2012, 09:08 AM
nothing like hearing about gronks foot 24/7

Rex agrees with this

miked1958
02-02-2012, 09:09 AM
But u know we I'll be all disappointed to find out that all it is is a bunch of useless info about where Tom Brady gets his hair done and why BB and TC never smile.

Where so and so's wife gets her nails done there is a guy that delivers to the salon who knows a guy who knows a guy that had a brother in law who's cousin used to live next door to Ben Jarvus-green Ellis' Moms, grandfathers brother and how every morning before school they remember seein him through the window waiting for the bus tossing a football.

USELESS INFO I TELL YA??? LOL
U guys don't find this funny but true?

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 09:10 AM
It is not just you. You can see even the players are getting tired of it. Just play the game already.

CTLadyBlue
02-02-2012, 09:41 AM
It is not just you. You can see even the players are getting tired of it. Just play the game already.

No wonder Osi ditched!

cornerback30
02-02-2012, 10:00 AM

Anyone else feel the same way or is it just me suffering the nausea?S*** man you ain't lying,tired of all the Brady n Bill talk.I say let'em strap it up and then we'll see who's better.Brady better be o his game cause our D-line will be on his ***

Dirt66
02-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Hit the wall last night after watching the NFL Network replay. Done until Sunday........

CTLadyBlue
02-02-2012, 11:15 AM
The only decent thing on last night was 'Bill Parcells - Superbowl Confidential'.

Nice interview and stragety with Tuna

G-Man67
02-02-2012, 11:16 AM
it really just shows that the media, in general, has such a lack of understanding of football, so all they can talk about are these non-football topics

plus you have all these bandwagon, casual fans coming out of the woodwork, so the dramatic stories and the silly stories appeal to them

jimsgints
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I've had it too. The last straw for me was hearing for the 10th or so times, "who would you want on your team with 2 minutes left, Eli or Brady?" Or even on your team?.. Oh please, who really cares? Just show me clips of how a play works or doesn't for whaever the reason. I think it's more like Entertainment Tonight. no thanks..

CTLadyBlue
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I suppose it could be worse. Imagine if we were playing the Brocons? It would be Tebow-palooza and 'Oh....yeah...Eli'...whatever'

suzyq
02-02-2012, 05:50 PM
I am suffering the nausea right with you.
Sick of hearing about Gronk's "day by day" progress.

Coach Carter
02-02-2012, 07:52 PM

Same here. Just a bunch of crap repeated for two weeks.