PDA

View Full Version : ESPN know the GIANT'S will not get Tom Brady ?

blueinsc
02-02-2012, 08:45 AM
o.k you ready for this ESPN, numbers never lie right.
2.8% sack rate against a 2 tight end formations we are the lowest in the league all year?
WE ARE TAKING BACK THE TITLE BELIEVE IT !

GiantinCt
02-02-2012, 09:07 AM
we'll see...

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Lets just play the game enough stats already.

nycisgreat
02-02-2012, 10:26 AM
o.k you ready for this ESPN, numbers never lie right.
2.8% sack rate against a 2 tight end formations we are the lowest in the league all year?
WE ARE TAKING BACK THE TITLE BELIEVE IT !

Osi had a pretty good game during the regular season, but I have to admit that we didn't get to Brady as much as I would have liked in that game, but I think this was due to the fact the Fewell was dropping our d-linemen into coverage to often from week 1 to week 14. So I would have to say that number is a little distorted, and doesn't actually reflect the way the Giants are currently playing defense. The Giants have been playing very good defense the past 5 game, but we all know that our pass rush is on the Pats mind, and I am pretty sure they will have a very good game plan to neutralize that.

It will be an interesting game. I just can't wait.

Razur
02-02-2012, 10:28 AM
We've already GOT.. to Brady..we're in his head.

Firenugget
02-02-2012, 10:30 AM
This logic is severely flawed since during the reg season our defense as a whole was pretty bad. So that number doesn't shock me. This isn't the same D and if the Pats are keeping two TE's in to block, we already won.

Big Blue 418
02-02-2012, 10:50 AM
We held the Pats tpo Twenty points and contained Brady . As sexy as sacks are I am contain with keeping Brady off balanced and confused and not giving up nig plays . Just win baby .

CTLadyBlue
02-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Well, dag nabbit, it ESPN proclaims it........

Big Blue 418
02-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Its nice to see Espn is taking a break fromn kissing lebron's rear end at least .

Espn is a complete farce . I am hoping NBC sports becomes a legitimate alternative to the fluff ESPN produces ( outside their films which is the only thing I watch from them)

GameTime
02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
o.k you ready for this ESPN, numbers never lie right. 2.8% sack rate against a 2 tight end formations we are the lowest in the league all year? WE ARE TAKING BACK THE TITLE BELIEVE IT !</P>

well a 2 TE set gives you 7 OLs upfront vs 4 or 5 DLs coming in.....somebody has to beat their guy or a double team to get to Brady in like 4 seconds. Giants dont all out blitz much as we know.</P>

</P>

Pakman
02-02-2012, 11:07 AM
This logic is severely flawed since during the reg season our defense as a whole was pretty bad. So that number doesn't shock me. This isn't the same D and if the Pats are keeping two TE's in to block, we already won.

Thats exactly what I said. If all we we have to worry about is two WR's and one back...I think it favors us.

othermanning
02-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I think the Giants will get to Brady but the question is will it get to him enough. Obviously the front 4 are skilled but I think a lot of people underestimate how good the Pats line is. A lot of people I talk keep bringing up 2007 which is frustrating. Sure it could happen again but the Pats O-line is better now and more importantly they run a different offense that gets the ball out of Brady's hand much faster. Pressure will be important but coverage will be the difference in the game.

othermanning
02-02-2012, 11:28 AM

Thats exactly what I said. If all we we have to worry about is two WR's and one back...I think it favors us.

It definitely should. The only concern is the 49ers did a lot of the same things and Vernon Davis was able to get open. Luckily Alex Smith missed him several times. The Giants will need to cover better.

ny06
02-02-2012, 11:33 AM
o.k you ready for this ESPN, numbers never lie right. 2.8% sack rate against a 2 tight end formations we are the lowest in the league all year? WE ARE TAKING BACK THE TITLE BELIEVE IT !</P>

well a 2 TE set gives you 7 OLs upfront vs 4 or 5 DLs coming in.....somebody has to beat their guy or a double team to get to Brady in like 4 seconds. Giants dont all out blitz much as we know.</P>

</P>

</P>

The Patriots don't run a traditional 2 tightend set. </P>

Hernandez can be in the backfield, or the slot. The Patriots rarely have him in to help block. </P>

Depending on the severity of Gronkowskiinjury we may not see the two tightend set much in the game. </P>

</P>

G-Man67
02-02-2012, 11:59 AM
that's silly, most teams we play don't throw out of a 2 TE set and if they do it's a play action ... i would chalk that up to insufficient data

GameTime
02-02-2012, 12:04 PM

</P>

</P>

The Patriots don't run a traditional 2 tightend set. </P>

Hernandez can be in the backfield, or the slot. The Patriots rarely have him in to help block. </P>

Depending on the severity of Gronkowskiinjury we may not see the two tightend set much in the game. </P>

</P>

</P>

when I read the OP I thought those % figure were when the Pats run a 2 TE set...</P>

</P>

bflo23
02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Brady is a dink and dunk QB who throws to short routes. Have you even watched him this season?

Grogan01
02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Brady is a dink and dunk QB who throws to short routes. Have you even watched him this season?

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Brady's average yards per pass this year is 8.57, the highest he's ever had, for perspective in 07 it was 8.32 This idea of dink and dunk is just foolish, Brady has slightly higher % of yards per pass than Eli does.

GiantinCt
02-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Is that actual through the air yardage or run after catch average?

bflo23
02-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Brady's average yards per pass this year is 8.57, the highest he's ever had, for perspective in 07 it was 8.32 This idea of dink and dunk is just foolish, Brady has slightly higher % of yards per pass than Eli does.

Have you watched Brady this season? This isn't the 2007 patriots when he was going mid and long distances. He has become a dink and dunker QB. Look at the YAC that Welker, Hernandez and Gronk get. Welker is only averaging 12 yards per catch and that is with his 6 yards per YAC. He is pretty much getting a 6 yard pass and running for an extra 6 yards. Look at Hernandez who is averaging only 11 yards per catch with like 7 YAC. Gronk has only 14 yards per catch with 7.4 YAC....... Brady can be a dink and dunker if he has the receivers/TEs to get YAC and he definitely has that.

Brady is throwing short passes and his receivers/TEs are getting plenty of yards after the catch. Just look at the stats. His game plan is short up the middle passes to crossing routes.

Gianthunter
02-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Brady's average yards per pass this year is 8.57, the highest he's ever had, for perspective in 07 it was 8.32 This idea of dink and dunk is just foolish, Brady has slightly higher % of yards per pass than Eli does..25 is your perspective difference?[*-)][8-)]

Grogan01
02-03-2012, 11:25 AM
YAC, is even more damaging to the Giants cause because what it's telling you is that Brady doesn't need to hold the ball as long to go down field. He gets it out quick and is still coming up with a greater yards per catch % than in 07. I don't understand how Giants fans think this plays in their favor?

Grogan01
02-03-2012, 05:12 PM
I think you're missing my point, in response to the "dink and dunk" comment. Simply put Brady's yards completed per pass is greater this year than in his record setting vertical attack of 07. Also the YAC yardage should be more of a concern for Giants fans than anything else because the Giants D-line isn't going to have as much time to get to him before he gets rid of the ball. In 07 he had to hold the ball longer for his WR's to get down field, now he's attacking short and mid range targets that are producing more yardage per pass than his wideouts did in 07. This and this alone, is the reason the Giants D-line won't have anywhere near the impact most Giant fans think they will on the game.