PDA

View Full Version : how good is the pats d-line?

freeoscar
02-02-2012, 10:51 AM
this game should come down to who gives their qb more time. Both teams have multiple weapons and a qb who will tear you apart if given time. My take on the giants o-line is that they are old and you can out-physical them (see: niners, skins), but as vets it is hard to out-scheme them. Obviously wilfork is a physical force, and he will be a problem, but what about the rest? I haven't seen them play enough to make an evaluation.

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 10:56 AM
their d-line is underrated.</P>

throw out the season stats, they generated alot of pressure in both playoff games.</P>

bansaw
02-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I think Baas has his hands full with Wilfork

jhamburg
02-02-2012, 11:09 AM
this game should come down to who gives their qb more time. Both teams have multiple weapons and a qb who will tear you apart if given time. My take on the giants o-line is that they are old and you can out-physical them (see: niners, skins), but as vets it is hard to out-scheme them. Obviously wilfork is a physical force, and he will be a problem, but what about the rest? I haven't seen them play enough to make an evaluation.

They had a weak pass rush and then lost their best pass rusher for the season. I double Wilfork and take my chances with everyone else.

RonJon
02-02-2012, 11:13 AM
They played 2 teams with lousy offenses in the playoffs in the Broncos and the Ravens. And they struggled to contain the Ravens and should have lost

Redeyejedi
02-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Wilfork played as good as Ive ever seen him play against baltimore.That guy can control a game by himself. He is the One player more then anyone else the Pats have that scares me.The guy is just massive,They should name a moon in a far off galaxy after him

othermanning
02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
They lost their best pass rusher in Andre Carter but others have gotten healty and seem to be stepping up. Wilfork is a beast to contend with. Their LB's have gotten healthy as well so I think having Spikes back in the mix has helped the D-Line be more aggressive with things. Certainly not as skilled top to bottom as the Giants but the Giants O-line is not as good as the Pats either. IMO need to contain Wilfork as best as possible and keep Anderson from running wild off the edge.