PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Surprise! Mad Dog Russo Picks Patriots

RonJon
02-02-2012, 10:17 AM
saw him this morning on SNY Sportsnite and he picks NE . he always picks against the NY teams. Says the Giants never play well when they aren't the clear underdogs and more and more people are leaning toward the Giants. Also becuase Brady never has two bad games in a row and the way he played against the ravens he is more focused than ever and promised to have a great game in the SUper Bowl.

Did it ever occur to Russo that the reason Brady had a shaky game was becuase he was facing a ferocious defense? And he'll face an even more ferocius one this Sunday with a better pas rush?

SweetZombieJesus
02-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Didn't Brady have a two bad games in a row when he played the Steelers and Giants back to back this season?

yoeddy
02-02-2012, 10:19 AM
When the Giants played the Pats during the regular season, the Pats were coming off a loss to the Steelers and all the experts were saying "the Pats never lose 2 in a row"...

G-Man67
02-02-2012, 10:21 AM
ha, what did he pick 56-7 or whatever he had last time? ... i'm amazed he has listeners

DragonSoul
You had to hear him on NBCSports. Fun times.

Kase-1
How the F' is Mad Dog still on the air and Max Kellerman isnt!?!?!!?

Crazy world we live in....

Big Blue 418
02-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Good ... I prefer when pundints pick the Ptsies . I was getting as bit nervous with al;l of these guysd picking the GMen

nycisgreat
02-02-2012, 10:24 AM
saw him this morning on SNY Sportsnite and he picks NE . he always picks against the NY teams. Says the Giants never play well when they aren't the clear underdogs and more and more people are leaning toward the Giants. Also becuase Brady never has two bad games in a row and the way he played against the ravens he is more focused than ever and promised to have a great game in the SUper Bowl.

He picked the Pats this past Monday on the Mike Francesa Show.

Did it ever occur to Russo that the reason Brady had a shaky game was becuase he was facing a ferocious defense? And he'll face an even more ferocius one this Sunday with a better pas rush?

repeatchamps
02-02-2012, 10:28 AM
You know what I am tired of this stigma that the Giants don't play well as favorites. No matter how true it has been through the years, I am just tired of hearing about it and that being the case just like I was tired of hearing how the Giants had not won a home playoff game under Coughlin. Well you can check that one off the list and I was there in the stadium towitness it. I think it is high time that this team step up to the plate and embrace being the favorites or the sexy pick. Time to start a friggin dominant dynasty. I have been waiting for it my whole life as a Giants fan. The time is now. Bring it. If Eli continues to play like he did this season and they address some weak spots at O-line and linebacker in such a way that it sets them up to begood to gofor years to come, then dynasty time is here folks. No more of this I would rather be the underdog garbage. I want them to be the next dynasty. Bring it, bring it, bring it! ALL IN!</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>HERE WE GO GIANTS, HERE WE GO!</FONT></P>

freeoscar
02-02-2012, 10:30 AM
the giants were favored over the cowboys in the play-in game and won handily. They were favored over ATL and had their most dominating performance of the year. The giants don't play well when there is no pressure on them, not when they are favored. This is the SB - the pressure doesn't get any more intense. If they lose it won't be for lack of effort, it will be because the Pats are the better team.

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Not a surprise at all.

CTLadyBlue
02-02-2012, 11:09 AM
He's a sniveling, little putz whom I put in the same category as Carton. I hate his voice. Absolutely HATE it. Pronounces his name like Cwis Wooso.

Firenugget
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Can't say I care.

Denaliman316
02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah well get ready for a ton of Patriots logos on the ESPN Picks too.

King will pick NE too.

One theory I heard on a New England radio station that says people are picking with their hearts because they hate Brady and Bellicheck. The media...hates...Brady?!

ROFL

YEAH-RIGHT!

GameTime
02-02-2012, 11:37 AM
saw him this morning on SNY Sportsnite and he picks NE . he always picks against the NY teams. Says the Giants never play well when they aren't the clear underdogs and more and more people are leaning toward the Giants. Also becuase Brady never has two bad games in a row and the way he played against the ravens he is more focused than ever and promised to have a great game in the SUper Bowl. Did it ever occur to Russo that the reason Brady had a shaky game was becuase he was facing a ferocious defense? And he'll face an even more ferocius one this Sunday with a better pas rush?</P>

Brady doesnt have to have a "bad" game for the Pats to lose it.</P>

I have no prob with any sports talking head picking the Pats but Russo is just a dip**** regardless of who he picks. If he picked the Giants I wouldnt take it as a positive anyway....</P>

Big Blue 418
02-02-2012, 11:37 AM
The media has its lips firmly planty on Brady rear end . Now Eli they are still doing this nonesense elite debate .

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Russo made some valid points (Giants play better as clear underdogs), but I'm glad that he picked NE because he's usually wrong.

Denaliman316
02-02-2012, 01:55 PM
EsPN picked us except for Schefter and Schreleth which surprised me.

BigBlue1971
02-02-2012, 02:00 PM
He's a sniveling, little putz whom I put in the same category as Carton. I hate his voice. Absolutely HATE it. Pronounces his name like Cwis Wooso.</P>

</P>

+1.</P>

two peas in a pod Russo and Carton!</P>

Grogan01
02-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Are you kidding? All week it has been like a Giants circle jerk. The media has been far and away pro-Giants. According to most the Patriots will be lucky to stay with in 10 points of the Giants.

jjj45
02-02-2012, 03:42 PM

I believe Max is in LA now.

btw my post in that other thread wasn't directed at you. I hope we're cool.

thomsoad
02-02-2012, 03:51 PM
I got money in Vegas Gmen are going to win but the guy does have a very valid general point ... but he is off in his analysis.

He is correct in regular season games. Not so much in postseason. We were favored to beat the Falcons this year and Bucs in 07... and we easily defeated those teams.

Moss#83
02-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Love Mad Dog but hate the pic. He will be wrong once again.

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 06:05 PM

he left for sirus radio. Thats why he left WFAN.

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 06:07 PM
the giants were favored over the cowboys in the play-in game and won handily. They were favored over ATL and had their most dominating performance of the year. The giants don't play well when there is no pressure on them, not when they are favored. This is the SB - the pressure doesn't get any more intense. If they lose it won't be for lack of effort, it will be because the Pats are the better team.Actually they do not play well, when they have no reason to, or as people say back is against the wall.

Kerrigan said on NBCS that he felt the Giants were just not into the game, the last game the Giants played them.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM

Good we get to prove him wrong.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 06:12 PM
If I remember correctly he was a SF Giants fan. Not sure if he is a 49ers homers to

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 06:15 PM
If I remember correctly he was a SF Giants fan. Not sure if he is a 49ers homers toYes he is a SF Giants fan. No idea about 49ers