PDA

View Full Version : Home Field Advantage ?

G-Man67
02-02-2012, 11:32 AM
the crowd should be composed of roughly 1/4 Giants Fans, 1/4 Patriots Fans, 1/4 Colts Fans and 1/4 HEY LOOK AT ME I'M AT THE SUPER BOWL, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON

now, the Colts fans obviously hate the Pats, so they will be cheering for us and our fans should be very vocal and, heck, the no nothing fans will probably go with the flow ... .meaning we could really create some crowd noise on key plays, especially considering how loud dome stadiums can be

Opinions? ... this is my Super Bowl edge prediction and not to brag, but my track record is fairly good this playoffs ... i called rust on Aaron Rodgers, fumbles/muffs on Ginn's backup, so here we go ... home field type advantage for the Super Bowl baby !!!

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 11:35 AM
the crowd should be composed of roughly 1/4 Giants Fans, 1/4 Patriots Fans, 1/4 Colts Fans and 1/4 HEY LOOK AT ME I'M AT THE SUPER BOWL, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON

now, the Colts fans obviously hate the Pats, so they will be cheering for us and our fans should be very vocal and, heck, the no nothing fans will probably go with the flow ... .meaning we could really create some crowd noise on key plays, especially considering how loud dome stadiums can be</p>

Opinions? ... this is my Super Bowl edge prediction and not to brag, but my track record is fairly good this playoffs ... i called rust on Aaron Rodgers, fumbles/muffs on Ginn's backup, so here we go ... home field type advantage for the Super Bowl baby !!!</p>

</p>

i think we get the Indy fan base on our side for their hate of NE and the fact we got PEytons lil bro</p>

</p>

Half the stadium is ours, i absolutely think we got home field advantage
</p>

Big Blue 418
02-02-2012, 11:36 AM
I could care less . I want to win the game .

Gianthunter
02-02-2012, 11:37 AM
BB held practice with loud speakers going. Whats that tell ya.[;)]

G-Man67
02-02-2012, 11:38 AM
i think we get the Indy fan base on our side for their hate of NE and the fact we got PEytons lil bro</p>

</p>

</p>

now to be fair, this is not a bold prediction, since Belichick has been practicing with noise and the Colts fans that have found themselves in front of a mic have all pretty much been going ... down with BB/Brady!!!, but i think it's going to have more of an impact then most would think for a neutral site game

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't see a home field advantage. I do think the Colts fans will root for the Giants but I don't see it making it into a advantage.

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 12:05 PM
i think we get the Indy fan base on our side for their hate of NE and the fact we got PEytons lil bro

</p>

</p>

</p>

now to be fair, this is not a bold prediction, since Belichick has been practicing with noise and the Colts fans that have found themselves in front of a mic have all pretty much been going ... down with BB/Brady!!!, but i think it's going to have more of an impact then most would think for a neutral site game

i completely concur...

although I thin kwe had the homefield in 07 too. Nobody wanted the cheaters to have the perfect season

othermanning
02-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Don't see it creating enough crowd noise to be an issue for Brady.

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Don't see it creating enough crowd noise to be an issue for Brady.

Indy fans need to stand up

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
I think that at least 60% - 70% will be pulling for the Giants. Giants fans will be there, Colts fans will be pulling for the Giants, and there a LOT of other fans that are simply tired of NE.

Big Blue 418
02-02-2012, 01:21 PM
How did home foels work out for the Niners & Packers .? This is such a non issue for the game...

Zaggs
02-02-2012, 01:28 PM
The majority will probably pull for the Giants. But I doubt it will be an advantage. I mean tickets average what, $2700? So your average Peyton Manning fan wont be in attendance. Would help though if the Giants let Peyton roam the sidelines.

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 01:30 PM

so then don't contribute in the thread

everybody could care less, that you dont' care less

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 01:31 PM
How did home foels work out for the Niners &amp; Packers .? This is such a non issue for the game...

how did home field work out for every other game in the playoffs?

Gianthunter
02-02-2012, 01:42 PM
So far StubHub has sold about twice as many Super Bowl tickets to fans in New York or New Jersey as it has to fans in New England.

krygny
02-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Who needs home field advantage?

Not us.

jjj45
02-02-2012, 01:50 PM

I think you mean everybody couldn't care less that he couldn't care less. [;)]

G-Man67
02-02-2012, 01:56 PM

i thought the crowd was great in the Atlanta game with the towels, but the point here is that domes are loud and i'm sure the Patriots would prefer not to have to use hand signals and silent counts, but they have been practicing that way ... hey, any slight advantage whether it was the time off for GB and Rodgers, Ginn being hurt for SF or the possibility of some Home Field type noise on big Patriots 3rd downs ... you take it and you make no apologies

and these things are no slight to the Giants, who certainly don't NEED any advantage, but you look at any team since the salary cap that has won the Super Bowl and you'll will find points along the way where they could have easily lost, so as a fan you have to look at all these angles

Providence
02-02-2012, 02:01 PM
How do people know that Colts fans are going? Just because it's in Indy? I think that's a long shot.

The Superbowl is massively expensive, which means the crowd, while not entirely is definitely pretty wealthy as compared to other football games. That means you're going to have rich folks flying in from all over to see this game.

I'd say the crowd is going to be 1/4 Pats fans that took out a second mortgage to attend, 1/4 Giants fans that took out a second mortgage to attend and 1/2 rich people that just want to say they went to the Superbowl and or are trying to impress new business partners.

Gianthunter
02-02-2012, 02:05 PM
So far StubHub has sold about twice as many Super Bowl tickets to fans in New York or New Jersey as it has to fans in New England.Local fans in Indiana make up about 5 percent of the buyers.

deejaydana
02-02-2012, 02:11 PM
I think there will be a slight advantage to the Giants here, both by virtue of the home-grown hatred of the Pats and also due to allegiance to a Manning. Probably not enough to make any discernable difference and remember, LSU had a huge home crowd backing them in the NCAA Title game and where did it get them? Go Giants!

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 02:13 PM
I think there will be a slight advantage to the Giants here, both by virtue of the home-grown hatred of the Pats and also due to allegiance to a Manning. Probably not enough to make any discernable difference and remember, LSU had a huge home crowd backing them in the NCAA Title game and where did it get them? Go Giants!

are u really a DJ?

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 02:14 PM

I think you mean everybody couldn't care less that he couldn't care less. [;)]

YEA! WHAT HE SAID!

Razur
02-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Found this article link...pretty much shows what some Colts fans are doing to help that HOME FIELD cause out...but, Brady has played their many times so...the noise factor shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/super_bowl_spurred_by_patriots.html

Kase-1
02-02-2012, 02:39 PM
How do people know that Colts fans are going? Just because it's in Indy? I think that's a long shot.

The Superbowl is massively expensive, which means the crowd, while not entirely is definitely pretty wealthy as compared to other football games. That means you're going to have rich folks flying in from all over to see this game.

I'd say the crowd is going to be 1/4 Pats fans that took out a second mortgage to attend, 1/4 Giants fans that took out a second mortgage to attend and 1/2 rich people that just want to say they went to the Superbowl and or are trying to impress new business partners.Its totally true and I hate it. I wish they would just get rid of the neutral city idea and let the home team host the game so their fans could really enjoy it.

Even if we are the 'away' team this weekend it doesnt matter id still rather have a team thats actually playing in the game host the SB