PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fitz - "It's disrespectful"

Ruttiger711
02-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Just had the great Larry Fitzgerald on Sirius and he was asked what he would think if he saw a wide receiver lined up against him to cover.... he simply said "It's disrespectful"...</P>

Its not the Giants WR's talking **** about Edelman, its a level of pride the WR's have... I love this group we have. </P>

burier
02-02-2012, 11:53 AM
yeah definately anything the Giants said about that issue has to due with feeling disrespected.

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Just had the great Larry Fitzgerald on Sirius and he was asked what he would think if he saw a wide receiver lined up against him to cover.... he simply said "It's disrespectful"...</p>

Its not the Giants WR's talking **** about Edelman, its a level of pride the WR's have... I love this group we have. </p>

it absolutely is

anybody who has followed what Rio has said on the matter knows thats all he was saying...

titwio
02-02-2012, 11:56 AM
What's funny is wasn't Antonio Brown covering him in the Pro Bowl and Fitz got an easy TD....

The man speaks from experience.

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Why would anyone use the term "disrespect"? As if BB is interested in dissing an opposing player at the possible cost of losing a game? He's going with what he's got. And MM shouldn't be saying anything about Edelman -- just foam at the mouth at your possible opportunities if you really think that Edelman is that bad. Would MM rather have Revis covering him?

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Why would anyone use the term "disrespect"? As if BB is interested in dissing an opposing player at the possible cost of losing a game? He's going with what he's got. And MM shouldn't be saying anything about Edelman -- just foam at the mouth at your possible opportunities if you really think that Edelman is that bad. Would MM rather have Revis covering him?

because its like "Do u really think you can stick ANYBODY on me" mentality

i think its a fair word to use

jhamburg
02-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Just had the great Larry Fitzgerald on Sirius and he was asked what he would think if he saw a wide receiver lined up against him to cover.... he simply said "It's disrespectful"...</P>

Its not the Giants WR's talking **** about Edelman, its a level of pride the WR's have... I love this group we have.* </P>

This makes no sense to me. I mean it's not like the Pats are sending Edelman out to **** with people's heads. Obviously they think he's the best man for the job, if they didn't have injuries he wouldn't be out there. Makes no sense to be offended.

GameTime
02-02-2012, 12:13 PM

Its not the Giants WR's talking **** about Edelman, its a level of pride the WR's have... I love this group we have. </P>

</P>

Kind of dumb statment because its not meant to be disrespectful at all. Edlemen is their best choice for what they need him for at the moment. </P>

Is it disrespectful to have Hernandez line up as a running back. Or for a RB to throw a pass on an option.? What about when a Dlineman comes in on offense to act as blocker? What about when Vrabel would catch passes as a TE in goal line situations.??</P>

Its all bull ****. Edlemen playing CB/DB is absolutley fine and the guy should be respected for doing what his team asks of him.</P>

Ruttiger711
02-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Why would anyone use the term "disrespect"? As if BB is interested in dissing an opposing player at the possible cost of losing a game? He's going with what he's got. And MM shouldn't be saying anything about Edelman -- just foam at the mouth at your possible opportunities if you really think that Edelman is that bad. Would MM rather have Revis covering him?</P>

As much as I think that being "dissed" or "disrespected" is one of the most over usedand abused terms usedin the last decade or so - i get it here. </P>

Whether its Fitz or Rio or whoever, they are starting WR's in the NFL ...and if you think you can just throw some also-ran into the game whos not a true DB to stop them, you're reducing their ability as a WR in their minds... </P>

These players are asked a millions questions... .god forbid they actually skip the PC crap and answer them honestly. </P>

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Why would anyone use the term "disrespect"? As if BB is interested in dissing an opposing player at the possible cost of losing a game? He's going with what he's got. And MM shouldn't be saying anything about Edelman -- just foam at the mouth at your possible opportunities if you really think that Edelman is that bad. Would MM rather have Revis covering him?</p>

As much as I think that being "dissed" or "disrespected" is one of the most over usedand abused terms usedin the last decade or so - i get it here. </p>

Whether its Fitz or Rio or whoever, they are starting WR's in the NFL ...and if you think you can just throw some also-ran into the game whos not a true DB to stop them, you're reducing their ability as a WR in their minds... </p>

These players are asked a millions questions... .god forbid they actually skip the PC crap and answer them honestly. </p>

exactly

jhamburg
02-02-2012, 12:18 PM

Its not the Giants WR's talking **** about Edelman, its a level of pride the WR's have... I love this group we have.* </P>

</P>

Kind of dumb statment because its not meant to be disrespectful at all. Edlemen is their best choice for what they need him for at the moment. </P>

Is it disrespectful to have Hernandez line up as a running back. Or for a RB to throw a pass on an option.? What about when a Dlineman comes in on offense to act as blocker? What about when Vrabel would catch passes as a TE in goal line situations.??</P>

Its all bull ****. Edlemen playing CB/DB is absolutley fine and the guy should be respected for doing what his team asks of him.</P>

Yeah exactly this.

I mean if BB sent a guy out of position when they're up by 40 points or something, I would call that disrespectful. But this is starters for the super bowl we're talking about, nobody is ****ing around.

On the other hand, I do understand why guys wouldn't feel the need to show respect to a guy playing out of position, too. If you say you respect Edelman's ability to cover you, what does that say about yourself as a player?

GameTime
02-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Why would anyone use the term "disrespect"? As if BB is interested in dissing an opposing player at the possible cost of losing a game? He's going with what he's got. And MM shouldn't be saying anything about Edelman -- just foam at the mouth at your possible opportunities if you really think that Edelman is that bad. Would MM rather have Revis covering him?</P>

As much as I think that being "dissed" or "disrespected" is one of the most over usedand abused terms usedin the last decade or so - i get it here. </P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=4>Whether its Fitz or Rio or whoever, they are starting WR's in the NFL ...and if you think you can just throw some also-ran into the game whos not a true DB to stop them, you're reducing their ability as a WR in their minds... </FONT></P>

These players are asked a millions questions... .god forbid they actually skip the PC crap and answer them honestly. </P>

</P>

thats a narrow minded veiw of Fitz and MM. If the Pats had a better solution they would do it. How is putting yuor best player at the moment on the field to help the team disrespecting anyone? Itsnotlike they have Revis on the bench and put Edlemen in to piss off a WR....</P>

giantsfan39
02-02-2012, 12:20 PM
What's funny is wasn't Antonio Brown covering him in the Pro Bowl and Fitz got an easy TD....

The man speaks from experience.

Yup.

I can't wait for Belichick to lose. The pats mystique days are over.

I can't wait till he and Brady retire and Patriots go back to being the trash they are.

Kase-1
02-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Just had the great Larry Fitzgerald on Sirius and he was asked what he would think if he saw a wide receiver lined up against him to cover.... he simply said "It's disrespectful"...</p>

Its not the Giants WR's talking **** about Edelman, its a level of pride the WR's have... I love this group we have. </p>LOL

Its like back in the day when Larry Bird was offended if he was covered by a white guy

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Its not the Giants WR's talking **** about Edelman, its a level of pride the WR's have... I love this group we have. </p>LOL

Its like back in the day when Larry Bird was offended if he was covered by a white guy

LMAO

weirdly true

dezzzR
02-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I can see where they are coming from, Mario is no slouch. But personally id be licking my chops at the chance to expose the opposing teams weakness.

Ruttiger711
02-02-2012, 01:14 PM
I dont know - I see it as them feeling "disrespected" <U>within the context of the game</U>.... no anger or animosity involved at all...(which is what i think people are finding objection with)and that the only result of them feeling this way is that they will take it to that player... and take it to them hard. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
02-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Sad part is, now that Larry Fitz said it, it makes it TRUE and not "doodoo talking"

Because you know, it's Larry Fitz

nycisgreat
02-02-2012, 01:39 PM

As a player, I could understand why a wr would be upset being covered by another wr, but I don't BB is trying to prove anything. BB is doing it because he has to. The Pats defense hasn't played well season long. If the Pats had semi good defense, we would be in trouble this weekend. For that reason alone, I think this game is evenly match if Gronk is healthy. We don't match up well with TEs, and then to face a 2 TE set spells trouble. If Gronk plays, I can see both teams scoring more than 30 points each.

ny06
02-02-2012, 01:47 PM

As a player, I could understand why a wr would be upset being covered by another wr, but I don't BB is trying to prove anything. BB is doing it because he has to. The Pats defense hasn't played well season long. If the Pats had semi good defense, we would be in trouble this weekend. For that reason alone, I think this game is evenly match if Gronk is healthy. We don't match up well with TEs, and then to face a 2 TE set spells trouble. If Gronk plays, I can see both teams scoring more than 30 points each.</P>

We don't match well with tightends?</P>

You are aware in the past month we have played Gonzalez, Finley, Davis. </P>

And this is there total stats. </P>

11 receptions, 193 yards, 2 touchdowns. And most of those yards and only 2 touchdowns are from Davis. </P>

So I think it's safe to say we have played 3 legit tightends really well. </P>

Also, you say if Gronk plays you could see both teams scoring over 30? Last meeting with the Patriots we only allowed 20 points. And that was with a healthy Gronkowski. </P>

Give the Giants defense more credit then that...</P>

Ruttiger711
02-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Sad part is, now that Larry Fitz said it, it makes it TRUE and not "doodoo talking" Because you know, it's Larry Fitz</P>

</P>

You dont think that Fitz having the same view adds some sort of validation to our WR's prespective?</P>

Ruttiger711
02-02-2012, 01:52 PM

As a player, I could understand why a wr would be upset being covered by another wr, but I don't BB is trying to prove anything. BB is doing it because he has to. The Pats defense hasn't played well season long. If the Pats had semi good defense, we would be in trouble this weekend. For that reason alone, I think this game is evenly match if Gronk is healthy. We don't match up well with TEs, and then to face a 2 TE set spells trouble. If Gronk plays, I can see both teams scoring more than 30 points each.</P>

We don't match well with tightends?</P>

You are aware in the past month we have played Gonzalez, Finley, Davis. </P>

And this is there total stats. </P>

11 receptions, 193 yards, 2 touchdowns. And most of those yards and only 2 touchdowns are from Davis. </P>

So I think it's safe to say we have played 3 legit tightends really well. </P>

Also, you say if Gronk plays you could see both teams scoring over 30? Last meeting with the Patriots we only allowed 20 points. And that was with a healthy Gronkowski. </P>

Give the Giants defense more credit then that...</P>

</P>

What I keep hearing about BB is that you cant count on tendencies you see with him. For most of the year the Pats have been more of an "underneath" threat with Welker and the TE's... I really do expect to see the Pats trying amore vertical approach with Welker, Edelman and 85.... especially with Gronk's ankle. </P>

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 02:25 PM

Its not the Giants WR's talking **** about Edelman, its a level of pride the WR's have... I love this group we have. </p>

As a player, I could understand why a wr would be upset being covered by another wr, but I don't BB is trying to prove anything. BB is doing it because he has to. The Pats defense hasn't played well season long. If the Pats had semi good defense, we would be in trouble this weekend. For that reason alone, I think this game is evenly match if Gronk is healthy. We don't match up well with TEs, and then to face a 2 TE set spells trouble. If Gronk plays, I can see both teams scoring more than 30 points each.</p>

We don't match well with tightends?</p>

You are aware in the past month we have played Gonzalez, Finley, Davis. </p>

And this is there total stats. </p>

11 receptions, 193 yards, 2 touchdowns. And most of those yards and only 2 touchdowns are from Davis. </p>

So I think it's safe to say we have played 3 legit tightends really well. </p>

Also, you say if Gronk plays you could see both teams scoring over 30? Last meeting with the Patriots we only allowed 20 points. And that was with a healthy Gronkowski. </p>

Give the Giants defense more credit then that...</p>

don't forget Witten and Keller

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I agree what are they supposed to say about a WR trying to cover them.