PDA

View Full Version : I think Prince will play Welker

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Rather than put Rolle on him, I don't think we're going to leave the back field open, or risk leaving the TE options for Brady open. Having Rolle protect/pass rush and putting Prince to jam Welker could be the right strategy. What do you think? we saw him come in for Webster vs the Falcons and hold his own, we saw him shut down Jordy in GreenBay .... do we go w/ Amukamara Island?

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 02:17 PM
i think unless we put webby on welker, he's going to get open no matter who we have covering him.</P>

just like it doesn't matter who they put on cruz, he's going to get his catches in on sunday.</P>

Kase-1
02-02-2012, 02:20 PM
i think unless we put webby on welker, he's going to get open no matter who we have covering him.</p>

just like it doesn't matter who they put on cruz, he's going to get his catches in on sunday.</p>I agree, Webby def has to be on Welker. JQ Williams and Boley have done a good job on TEs especially with some help over the top from Rolle or KP. With Gronk's bum ankle I can see us attacking him at the line and going double coverage on Hernandez

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Webby on Branch or Hernandez seems the better option, while Ross plays the occasional blitz and Ocho Cinco.

I'd put Prince on Welker b/c of that closing speed. Brady would have a tight window there.

MikeIsaGiant
02-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't know, I think Webby gets him.

G-Man67
02-02-2012, 02:22 PM
anyone re-watch the Week 9?

i know we played a lot of man to man vs. GB and SF, but with the Pats, maybe some more zone would be good, but i guess part of simplifying things is more man to man

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Webby on Branch or Hernandez seems the better option, while Ross plays the occasional blitz and Ocho Cinco. I'd put Prince on Welker b/c of that closing speed. Brady would have a tight window there.</P>

Wes had 122 receptions, nearly 1,600 yards and 9 TDs this year.</P>

A fast rookie corner isn't going to negate that.</P>

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 02:23 PM
anyone re-watch the Week 9?

i know we played a lot of man to man vs. GB and SF, but with the Pats, maybe some more zone would be good, but i guess part of simplifying things is more man to man

zone is usually dangerous for us.. LOL

yoeddy
02-02-2012, 02:24 PM
In SB42, the defense let Welker catch stuff underneath...then made sure James Butler was in position to keep the gains-after-catch to a minimum....

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Webby on Branch or Hernandez seems the better option, while Ross plays the occasional blitz and Ocho Cinco. I'd put Prince on Welker b/c of that closing speed. Brady would have a tight window there.</P>

Actually it could, closing speed and the ability to get his hand on the ball. Prince is a good tackler, doesn't allow many YACs

GameTime
02-02-2012, 02:29 PM

Actually it could, closing speed and the ability to get his hand on the ball. Prince is a good tackler, doesn't allow many YACs</P>

thats whole deal with the Pats passing game. Limit the YAC. Brady will go deep to Branch and CJ a few times but most of the other stuff will be short...</P>

</P>

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 02:34 PM

Actually it could, closing speed and the ability to get his hand on the ball. Prince is a good tackler, doesn't allow many YACs</P>

thats whole deal with the Pats passing game. Limit the YAC. Brady will go deep to Branch and CJ a few times but most of the other stuff will be short...</P>

*</P>

we're probably looking at Boley and Rolle vs Hernandez, while Grant and Williams go at Grant. Meaning Welker will draw a DB. Either Ross or Prince.

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 02:36 PM

they could say the same thing about Cruz. he's all YAC too.</P>

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 02:39 PM

they could say the same thing about Cruz.* he's all YAC too.</P>

Only one on that secondary I could see giving Cruz trouble is McCourtey, b/c he has experience vs Cruz and has closing speed. But then that leaves Nicks and Mario and Jake and the flats open w/ Bradshaw..so....

bansaw
02-02-2012, 02:42 PM
sorry to hijack thread for a sec but need to show CDN this amazing ad

its a Canadian thing lol - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0qZYqdsYAg

mfraykor
02-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Rather than put Rolle on him, I don't think we're going to leave the back field open, or risk leaving the TE options for Brady open. Having Rolle protect/pass rush and putting Prince to jam Welker could be the right strategy. What do you think? we saw him come in for Webster vs the Falcons and hold his own, we saw him shut down Jordy in GreenBay .... do we go w/ Amukamara Island?

I HOPE NOT>>> prince too slow and inexperienced at the moment...IMO

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 02:46 PM

Only one on that secondary I could see giving Cruz trouble is McCourtey, b/c he has experience vs Cruz and has closing speed. But then that leaves Nicks and Mario and Jake and the flats open w/ Bradshaw..so....</P>

more and more i see fans underestimating this Pats team.</P>

Welker is one of the best receivers in the NFL, if 'closing speed' was the weakness to his strengths, he wouldn't have stats he's consistently had over the last 3 years.</P>

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 02:50 PM

I HOPE NOT>>> prince too slow and inexperienced at the moment...IMO

You know why Rodgers couldn't throw to his left? b/c Prince shut down Jordy Nelson.

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 02:52 PM
sorry to hijack thread for a sec but need to show CDN this amazing ad

its a Canadian thing lol - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0qZYqdsYAg
</P>

</P>

DUDE, goose flesh!!!</P>

so sick !!!!!!!!!!</P>

Vtgmenfan89
02-02-2012, 03:11 PM
I honestly don't think Prince sees the field much unless Ross or Webby get's hurt...he hasn't played much this postseason except in those situations (in which he did play very well however) and I don't see that changing for this game. Plus a 3 safety package is a better matchup against the Pats offense due to their two dangerous TE's. Phillips will as usual play the high safety almost exclusively while Grant and Rolle will more than likely be around the box most of the time on the TE's or Rolle in the slot. I also expect that to be our base defense for the day since Brady will almost definitely try to run the no huddle a ton to tire out the defense.

GameTime
02-02-2012, 03:31 PM

</P>

yeah but Eli throws much deeper routes than Brady and a reg basis. </P>

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I think Webster will be on Welker. The other Patriot WR's are nothing to be afraid of. So you put your best CB on there best WR.

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I think Webster will be on Welker. The other Patriot WR's are nothing to be afraid of. So you put your best CB on there best WR.

you can't let them breathe. So if Webster is on Welker, who covers Branch?

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I think Webster will be on Welker. The other Patriot WR's are nothing to be afraid of. So you put your best CB on there best WR. you can't let them breathe. So if Webster is on Welker, who covers Branch?</P>

of all the Pats receiving threats, Branch has been the least dangerous.</P>

he's their 3rd or 4th option in terms of targets.</P>

Patriot 37
02-02-2012, 04:43 PM
The Ravens started 3 CBs against the Pats 2 TE standard set (Jimmy Smith replacing Redding). The Giants played 3 Safeties against the 2 TE set in week 9 (you played two LBs most of the game).</P>

Unless the Giants swith to a 3 CBs set or Gronk doesn't play. I don't see Prince playing that much.</P>

BigBlue24/7
02-03-2012, 12:42 PM
I remember seeing earlier in the year, webster said the recievers he has the most problems with are the small jitter bugs, like santana moss and steve smith.... which is exactly what wes welker is. Because of this I think their best place is to play zone because no other cb can match up man to man with welker by themself.

nyknstill!
02-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I remember seeing earlier in the year, webster said the recievers he has the most problems with are the small jitter bugs, like santana moss and steve smith.... which is exactly what wes welker is. Because of this I think their best place is to play zone because no other cb can match up man to man with welker by themself.

my thoughts exactly. Plus we're going to need Webster to jam Aaron Hernandez at the line of scrimmage. We can't give 10 ft. of space and give them an easy 1st down. I think all hands are on deck, Prince has to play, if he gets burned they'll put an athletic LB in his place.

The mistake teams do against the Pats TEs is play cover 2 and that's already giving up the 1st down. Denver did this and allowed Aaron Hernandez to pick them apart.

BigBlue24/7
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
cloud the middle with linebackers dropping into coverage bump branch on the outside and have kiwi hit the TE at the L.O.S, it will throw off the timing, hide the fact we have no individual matchup for welker, and let us unleash the kraken! ALL INNNN

Tony Bruno
02-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I sorta hope not... With that being said Welker is going to have a big game (like he always does) because no one can really guard him... Ill bet he finished with 9-13 grabs and over 100 yards... Its just the PATS style with him...

bearbryant
02-03-2012, 01:45 PM
You will not stop welker, you'll slow him down, hopefully. Game 9 worked for the first half because our field position helped us slow him and his friends, too. So you make sure that your technique is sound, tackle sound and tuff and cut out the YAC. For me the more important issue is to stop that run, make them 1 dimentional than you get cute. This defense is not the same defense we saw most of the year, they've gotten much better. Not only with getting guys back from injury but in their hard nosed consistent play in the last 5 games. I think the guy that said that prince won't see much in this game may be 100%, unless a change or injury. We'll prolly play 4/3/4 till pats go air and then we go nickle, dime.. but we gotta stop the run and stop the YAC. Go Giants!!!

nyknstill!
02-03-2012, 01:53 PM
cloud the middle with linebackers dropping into coverage bump branch on the outside and have kiwi hit the TE at the L.O.S, it will throw off the timing, hide the fact we have no individual matchup for welker, and let us unleash the kraken! ALL INNNN

2 LBs and 1 TEs that runs like a WR, not a good mix. The reason we jam him at the line w/ Webster is b/c he has the lateral ability to throw him off and get the LB help. We start putting LBs we open up too many running lanes for them.