PDA

View Full Version : Respect from a 49er fan

gametime49er
02-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone. I decided to finally get on this website and wish you guys all the best.

It's been a long week and a half after Sunday night's heartbreaking game. As a season ticket holder and being at the game, I can sincerely attest to it being one of the most heartbreaking things that I have ever endured. I have since gotten over it, albeit in a very gradual manner, and in the end am very grateful for a very exciting season that we got to experience after a decade of total frustration and for such a game to go down to the wire against a very formidable team. All of my friends and relatives would tell me that they were nervous about the Niners playing against the Packers in the playoffs, to which I would always say that I was more concerned with the Giants, especially after what I saw against your team in Week 10.

With that being said, I really like New York, I have friends who live in different parts of the city and fell in love with it when I visited in March of last year. I truly wish you the best of luck and I will be rooting for you guys, as will my nephew. Here's to watching a great game on Sunday!!!

Eli TO Shockey
02-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Thank you !!! Good luck to the 49ers next season. Very good all around team , you guys should be good for a long time!

Husky
02-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Hi everyone. I decided to finally get on this website and wish you guys all the best.

It's been a long week and a half after Sunday night's heartbreaking game. As a season ticket holder and being at the game, I can sincerely attest to it being one of the most heartbreaking things that I have ever endured. I have since gotten over it, albeit in a very gradual manner, and in the end am very grateful for a very exciting season that we got to experience after a decade of total frustration and for such a game to go down to the wire against a very formidable team. All of my friends and relatives would tell me that they were nervous about the Niners playing against the Packers in the playoffs, to which I would always say that I was more concerned with the Giants, especially after what I saw against your team in Week 10.

With that being said, I really like New York, I have friends who live in different parts of the city and fell in love with it when I visited in March of last year. I truly wish you the best of luck and I will be rooting for you guys, as will my nephew. Here's to watching a great game on Sunday!!!
I'm just getting over the Mariucci "Bummer" game.[;)]

bansaw
02-02-2012, 02:10 PM
looks like you finally made it to Acceptance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model)

good for you. you have a solid young team...you'll get a chance to feel that pain or joy again soon

MattMeyerBud
02-02-2012, 02:11 PM

cheers man... im sure we're going to be banging heads for the next couple years at least

i say hands down best defense in the league

thanks for the kind words

CDN_G-FAN
02-02-2012, 02:12 PM
all the best to the 49ers next year, provided their interests don't directly conflict with ours (paraphrased line from godfather).</P>

not to start a whole thing, but most on here have been stunned at the reaction of your fanbase to that loss. wish you were in the majority of what we've experienced..</P>

giants fans are some of the most critical i've seen in any sport, and i was suprised at the reaction from a 49ers fanbase that lived off of turnovers the whole year, but when they were on the losing end of that stat, the outcome was somehow 'unfair' and 'unlucky'. i've seen fans complain about their team, their coaching, their players. i've never seen a fanbase decide that the result of the game had more to do with 'luck' than anything else.</P>

nonetheless, thanks for your post and your football team will be in the mix in the conference for the next few year for sure.</P>

BigBlue1971
02-02-2012, 02:14 PM
thanks game! the Giants werethe better team that day! </P>

we appreciate the props and good wishes.</P>

you have much to look forward to as a 49er fan. </P>

good luck in the future.</P>

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Thank you, and your team has a great future ahead of it. That is one formidable D and a good HC. Your fellow fans leave something else to be desired, however.

SweetZombieJesus
02-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm just getting over the Mariucci "Bummer" game.[;)]

Man I missed that in the cloud of that botch job... I was wondering what it was with "Bummer".

<h1>Diplomatic Mariucci has a word for NFL's admission: Bummer</h1><div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/01/07/SP230225.DTL#ixzz1lFnRiNbi
</div>

Razur
02-02-2012, 02:23 PM

Thanks ! You guys gave us the fight we neeed to get ready for this show..LET'S KICK SOME AFC ***** ON SUNDAY !!! NFC RULZ ! GO GIANTS

GameTime
02-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone. I decided to finally get on this website and wish you guys all the best. It's been a long week and a half after Sunday night's heartbreaking game. As a season ticket holder and being at the game, I can sincerely attest to it being one of the most heartbreaking things that I have ever endured. I have since gotten over it, albeit in a very gradual manner, and in the end am very grateful for a very exciting season that we got to experience after a decade of total frustration and for such a game to go down to the wire against a very formidable team. All of my friends and relatives would tell me that they were nervous about the Niners playing against the Packers in the playoffs, to which I would always say that I was more concerned with the Giants, especially after what I saw against your team in Week 10. With that being said, I really like New York, I have friends who live in different parts of the city and fell in love with it when I visited in March of last year. I truly wish you the best of luck and I will be rooting for you guys, as will my nephew. Here's to watching a great game on Sunday!!!</P>

We feel your pain. Nothing worse than losing a game of that magnitude and with having big miscues being made. You guys put a beating on Eli for sure. The Niners should be in the playoff mix for years to come. Thanks for the props......</P>

nygsb42champs
02-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks. Your team has a bright future and will be a contender for years to come.

gametime49er
02-02-2012, 03:06 PM
I totally hear you on that. I will tell you however, all bias aside, that many things are blown out of proportion in regards to how the league is viewing the 49ers and its fan base as of late. I think many of us are just totally gutted to have lost such a close game.

I grew up a Niner fan and saw the glory years. Eventually, after Eddie DeBartolo lost control of the team, things starting going south for us. You have to take into consideration that for what seemed like an eternity we endured many frustrating seasons with inept coaches, horrible draft picks and suspect FA signings. For a healthy mid 20's guy like myself, my blood pressure would suffer every football season lol.

As much as I have been pleased with the success that we have enjoyed this season, I also had a fear that we were tasting this much success a little too soon, and if we were to come up short, there would be a very big let down. Although it is noticeable in the fans, it certainly is not the case with the team. Harbaugh is as fierce a competitor as you will see, this team is genuinely close knit, and will be ready for next season.

As far as the fans, sure, I have had to correct my fair share of fellow 49er fans regarding that game. Many people wanted to pretty much crucify Kyle Williams, to the point of harassing him and threatening him on Twitter, which was downright stupid and classless. I saw KW looking very shaky out there and wondered aloud why Brad Seely the ST coach didnt pull him from PR duties and put in Kendall Hunter instead. The "Bradshaw fumble" is something that irritated everyone. But when you go 1 for 13 on 3rd down and almost ditch the running game late in the game, you need to look into the mirror for blame.

There was a fair share of Giants fans at the game, and although the proverbial trash talking took place, I never saw any of them get hit or threatened or challenged to a fight. To be honest I think Giants fans are pretty cool people (although a bit ****y at times lol) to kick it with and talk football. All I can say is if you want to see how a fan base can be downright trashy, idiotic and classless, to the point of fans from almost every team refusing to go there to watch a game, go take a look at that team across the Bay Bridge from us.

ikebibby91
02-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks, you sound like a real class act and I know the Giants will show that the 49ers are a top tier team by cutting through the Pats like a hot knife through butter. That SF game helped me get over the non hold call in the end zone against your guys in the playoffs in 2003, that one hurt. Thanks for being cool.

Kruunch
02-02-2012, 03:23 PM

One of the best Championship games I've watched in my life. You guys had a great season and if you were going to lose, you went down tough.

I'm sure we'll be seeing eachother in the playoffs again.

Cheers mate http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-22.gif

gametime49er
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
"I'm just getting over the Mariucci "Bummer" game."

Yeah I hear you out on that one. We got away with one there due to penalties on both sides, thus off setting any repercussions and subsequently ending the game. I was in High School back then and remember that game like if it was yesterday. When your team was up 38-14 midway through the 3rd quarter I was boiling mad and was about to turn off the TV and call it a day, but decided to stick around for my team for one last drive. What a game that was!!!

I respect the Giants mentality a lot because your team seems to not care where they play or who they play against, and the high note of that is obviously Super Bowl 42 vs the Patriots, my favorite non-Niner Super Bowl of all time!! Very hard nosed and gritty bunch of guys you have. It's almost like if Jim Harbaugh and Tom Coughlin are from the same mold. I love it!!!

gametime49er
02-02-2012, 03:58 PM
"I'm just getting over the Mariucci "Bummer" game."

Lol yeah I thought that was a dumb remark on his behalf. One of my former supervisors is a Steelers fan and whenever I would inform him of something that would go wrong with our work, he would use that expression on me, since he knows I'm a diehard Niner fan lol. To be honest I never really liked Mariucci and sided with TO, who although he was a head case, complained about Marriucci not installing a killer instinct mentality on our offense and playing very timidly against Tampa Bay the following week (we could have played against the Raiderps, who I hate, and killed them in the Super Bowl and laughed at them for eternity!!! ugh). In the Erickson, Nolan and Singletary years that followed, many of our fans said we should have never canned him. I for one didnt mind him getting canned, but I envisioned an upgrade to replace him, not a downgrade. It's all water under the bridge now though.

TheReal_LT
02-02-2012, 04:07 PM

Thanks!...Good luck to your niners next season (just not against us if we meet in the playoffs again) :)

gametime49er
02-02-2012, 04:13 PM
"Thanks!...Good luck to your niners next season (just not against us if we meet in the playoffs again) :)"

Same here! Hopefully our match up during the regular season next year is on a Monday Night or Sunday Night game.