PDA

View Full Version : Phil Simms dissing Eli on Inside NFL.

stormblue
02-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Inside The NFL has a panel with Rome and Simms
arguing about Payton and Eli and Rome is "pimping" Eli and Simms is all up in Payton/s corner.
Simms has not been an Eli homer at all in this weeks interviews.
i don't think he wants Eli to be more prominent than he was.
i'm embarrassed for Eli. and ashamed of Phil
for being totally owned by Rome .

Moss#83
02-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Simms is going to be an afterthought in a decade and he knows it.

chizz
02-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Yea it must hurt seeing your record being broken by eli

burier
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
someone shoot Simms with a tranq gun to make him stop talking. He's beloved in NY. Don't ruin it by opening your big mouth.

bflo23
02-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Simms is afraid that Eli is going to break all his records, win more championships and be in the hall of fame.

Steal his thunder! Lot of ex-players are like that when a current player is stealing their thunder. Look at Favre freaking out because Rodgers is looking like the better Packers QB.

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 06:00 PM
What did the Simms say?

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 06:02 PM
NFL channel has a panel with Rome and Simms
arguing about Payton and Eli and Rome is "pimping" Eli and Simms is all up in Payton/s corner.
for being totally owned by Rome .Did you mean inside the NFL on show time? Rome was on Elis side but Simms wasn't as impressed it seemed.

giantsfan420
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
What did the Simms say?

rome said eli wouldnt ever be able to catch peyton in terms of numbers, but for a big game qb, rome said eli is the better of the two.

simms was shaking his head before rome even finished his sentence. i actually felt a little bit sorry for simms. i actually agree with rome that in a big game, i'd take eli over peyton. peyton was like 0 for his first 7 playoff games and struggled badly in the playoffs.

it did come across like simms was a little bit threatened at what eli is becoming.

and then simms said how last year reese was calling out eli saying how it was elis fault they were playing badly. it was kind of a witch hunt led by simms

GmenFan1980
02-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Simms is afraid that Eli is going to break all his records, win more championships and be in the hall of fame.

Steal his thunder! Lot of ex-players are like that when a current player is stealing their thunder. Look at Favre freaking out because Rodgers is looking like the better Packers QB.

Farve should be happy,Rodgers choked and The best packers QB Flynn is about to get paid and leave green bay lol

back on topic, What did Simms actually say?

FDNY Fitzy
02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
To be honest, it wasn't as though Sims legacy with this team was so unbeatable it would take a generational talent to overcome him.

Eli deserves every bit of credit he has received this year.

nyknstill!
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
If I were Baltimore, Kansas City, Atlanta or Miami I'd take Flynn w/ the quickness, even The Jets.

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 06:19 PM
If I were Baltimore, Kansas City, Atlanta or Miami I'd take Flynn w/ the quickness, even The Jets.reminds me of KOLB. People gushed over Kolb over a few games.

Not saying Flynn won't work out, but man 1 game and your selling your franchise down the line for an unknown commodity?

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 06:22 PM
What did the Simms say?

rome said eli wouldnt ever be able to catch peyton in terms of numbers, but for a big game qb, rome said eli is the better of the two.

simms was shaking his head before rome even finished his sentence. i actually felt a little bit sorry for simms. i actually agree with rome that in a big game, i'd take eli over peyton. peyton was like 0 for his first 7 playoff games and struggled badly in the playoffs.

it did come across like simms was a little bit threatened at what eli is becoming.

and then simms said how last year reese was calling out eli saying how it was elis fault they were playing badly. it was kind of a witch hunt led by simmsYea thats about right.

When you listen to Simms on NY radio he seems more pro Giants and Eli, but nationally he seems a bit different (not sure if he is trying not to be a homer, if he really means it, or a hater....Time will tell, and as usually I will wait for more info before i decide....)

byron
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
All this media is supposed to be forentertainment how is it entertaining when it pisses upsetsso many of us off</P>

They simply have the host zigthe guest zag...you want to stir things up who better to zag than Simms on this subject.....</P>

I just don't watch it much anymore ...</P>

Big Blue 418
02-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Phil Simms is as irrelevent as Tiki Barber is now . I will forever be a Simms fan but Eli Manning is the best qb in Giant history .... Its nice to see people finally saying it. besides me

Blue daddy
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
What do you expect Super Bowl week gives these guys to much time to think of stupid things to say.

bandwgn86
02-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Simms is going to be an afterthought in a decade and he knows it.booooo ... </P>

</P>

</P>

bLuereverie
02-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Phil believes in the farfetched idea that Peyton is the better QB regardless of where Eli lies within Giants history?

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Phil believes in the farfetched idea that Peyton is the better QB regardless of where Eli lies within Giants history?True to, and in actuality atm it is correct. Yet it seemed by the way Phil was talking about it, as if Eli wouldn't be able to catch him. (as if he doesn't have a chance) In my opinion its best to leave it for later, if it is showing the person has a chance for it.

Is he on Peytons level for stats no. Is he more clutch then Peyton yes. But can he eventually catch up to him, yes there is a chance, but then again maybe he won't. But at least leave the possibility.

It was just like those ANALysts saying SD had a great deal with the trade just before the SB of 07 instead of looking at it 4 years down the road for example. Same with Eli now. He has a chance, and is showing he stepped it up, even Phil said he has, so makes no sense to say he cannot catch him, sounds like a contradiction to me.

stormblue
02-02-2012, 06:57 PM
i just hate to see an icon like Phil come off as
being against Eli..... he could have played
neutral like he has to when he's calling a game.

no way he had to shoot ELI down that hard.
he had ample room to side-step and play the 'homer" card ; he attacked instead.
Rome kicked his assbucket though.

and yes it was on INSIDE THE NFL on showtime
i wiil edit my post.....sorry i usually have the tube on NFLN .

byron
02-02-2012, 06:58 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Phil believes in the farfetched idea that Peyton is the better QB regardless of where Eli lies within Giants history?</P>

So you think JR and PS just showed up in a room and started talking this ****...I don't think so....But what ever history will tell the whole storyone day... and to each his own if they take interest in this stuff...</P>

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 07:01 PM

i wiil edit my post.....sorry i usually have the tube on NFLN .Only reason I asked is because I wanted to know if they went on NFLN today, or if NFLN replayed that sound bite. Otherwise don't care were it was on, well maybe others might call you out on fabrication for confusing networks lol.

I was debating on posting it last night, but didn't want to replay the whole sound bite over and over to quote it correctly. Figured someone would mention it by today.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I saw him on NFL 32 and he was praising Eli. He was showing the play I think in the Atlanta or GB game when he looked right, looked left and then threw down the middle to MM. He was raving on how pin point his throw was. And he remarked that he has been doing it that way all year

stormblue
02-02-2012, 07:11 PM

i wiil edit my post.....sorry i usually have the tube on NFLN .Only reason I asked is because I wanted to know if they went on NFLN today, or if NFLN replayed that sound bite. Otherwise don't care were it was on, well maybe others might call you out on fabrication for confusing networks lol.

I was debating on posting it last night, but didn't want to replay the whole sound bite over and over to quote it correctly. Figured someone would mention it by today.

LOL....i wish you would have, that way i wouldn't have gone ahead bunged it up !!

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 07:13 PM
I saw him on NFL 32 and he was praising Eli. He was showing the play I think in the Atlanta or GB game when he looked right, looked left and then threw down the middle to MM. He was raving on how pin point his throw was. And he remarked that he has been doing it that way all yearThat was another reason why I was kind of dumbfounded when I heard him on Inside the NFL.

Go figure. Time will tell.

stormblue
02-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I saw him on NFL 32 and he was praising Eli. He was showing the play I think in the Atlanta or GB game when he looked right, looked left and then threw down the middle to MM. He was raving on how pin point his throw was. And he remarked that he has been doing it that way all year

i know......this was a total surprise to me how
he said this crap....that's why i posted.

buffyblue
02-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I will always love Phil Simms. I will always love Jeff Hostettler. They will always be heroes to NY Giants fans. They will always be remembered as bringing us SuperBowl Championships.

I will always love Eli Manning. He will always be a hero to NY Giants fans and as of right now, Eli Manning is the greatest QB in NY Giants history. He took NY Giants on his back this year and he carried us through all the injuries and self doubt and he was our leader that weathered the storm untill we got healthy. He still has NY Giants on his shoulders and no matter how many hits he takes, he will not waver. This has been a magickal year for us and it is mainly because of Eli Manning. We have watched one of our Captains, Justin Tuck openly admit to his self doubt and that took a lot of courage. We watched Justin Tuck overcome those self doubts to be the player and leader that he is. We watched the emergence of two superstars in WR Victor Cruz and Jason Pierre Paul, perhaps our next defensive legend. We watched Antrel Rolle finally take the foot out of his mouth and become the leader we all knew he had the potential to be. We watched our team decimated with injuries and on the brink of elimination. All this time Eli Manning held it together and led by example and then when the time came all these individuals came together and became a team. They became a force to be reckoned with and caused the NFL to take notice. I feel that Eli Manning is a big part of that. Without Eli Manning’s leadership we would not be where we are today.

Phil Simms has always been a little bitter. He has been bitter on not being on a team that passed more. i am sure that Bill Walsh stating “we wanted to draft Phil Simms as our QB but he wasn’t available when it was our pick” kind of stung him a little bit. I am sure that Phil Simms is still s little bitter that he got hurt that year and watched Jeff Hostettler win the SuperBowl with a team that was Phil Simms for all intents and purposes. I will give Phil Simms some slack and if he wants to not give Eli Manning the accolades he deserves then so be it. That is how it always has been.

One more game to go and Eli Manning leads us to The Promised Land once again. I really feel strongly that we will overcome Bill Bellichek’s masterful gameplan and NY Giants will defeat New England Patriots in SuperBowl XLVI.

I hope you folks take this time and enjoy the great QB we have leading our team. It is rare to find a QB and leader like Eli Manning. We are very lucky to have him and I wouldn’t take anyone else over him.

I bELIeve.

stormblue
02-02-2012, 07:25 PM
wonderful post Buffy.

but Phil still needs to check himself.

BlueBlitzer
02-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Phil Simms is True Blue, lets give Him a pass ( no pun intended )

BParcells777
02-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Simms hates the Giants

Wellington kicked him out the side door, when Phil felt he still had a few good years

Wellie did not want to pay Phil $5 million per

Coach Carter
02-02-2012, 07:57 PM
It seems like a lot of the posters on these boards have excessive estrogen in them. Simms likes the Giants, he said on Mike Fatsoeaa's show that the Giants have more talent than the Packers and Patriots. And who cares if he prefers Peyton over Eli.

lawl
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
It seems like a lot of the posters on these boards have excessive estrogen in them. Simms likes the Giants, he said on Mike Fatsoeaa's show that the Giants have more talent than the Packers and Patriots. And who cares if he prefers Peyton over Eli.
Agreed.

Just last week Simms said Eli will godown as the best QB in giants history.

You're all a bunch of women.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
I saw him on NFL 32 and he was praising Eli. He was showing the play I think in the Atlanta or GB game when he looked right, looked left and then threw down the middle to MM. He was raving on how pin point his throw was. And he remarked that he has been doing it that way all yearThat was another reason why I was kind of dumbfounded when I heard him on Inside the NFL.

Makes no sense to say one thing on one show and the opposite on another
Go figure. Time will tell.

Firenugget
02-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I hate to keep posting the same thing in threads, but what the hell, why not?

Who the hell cares? It doesn't matter, it affects NOTHING.

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:07 PM

i know......this was a total surprise to me how
he said this crap....that's why i posted.
Guess he figures he will Be right on at least one show after game is over.
But that's being a coward if u are going to say one thing on one show and then the opposite on another.
At least be a man and stand by what u are going to say

miked1958
02-02-2012, 08:08 PM
But pick one viewpoint

lawl
02-02-2012, 08:11 PM
But pick one viewpoint

You can play great and still not be as good as Peyton.

Djjdkdkdkmdkdkd

JMFP2
02-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Every time I've heard Phil Simms talk about Eli Manning, he has always complimented him.</P>

I've never heard Phil "diss" Eli.</P>

Post up a link, otherwise, this is just more nonsense.</P>

blueomaha
02-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Didn't see the show..but if it's true, I'm shocked...always liked Simms but his day is done...Eli is the face of the NYG franchise...Simms never was the poster boy of the Giants, LT was...get over it...Eli is top shelf and has class...even in defeat, Eli carries his self with dignity....

giantsfan420
02-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Every time I've heard Phil Simms talk about Eli Manning, he has always complimented him.</P>

i dont know. this episode is different. no one cares that he feels peytons a better qb then eli. its the way he wouldnt even let rome take the position he did. you could see on camera that when rome was going, in a big game eli's the better qb, simms was shaking his head and the way he came off it was like no one should even entertain the thought.

then he went through a laundry list of why peytons better. which wasnt even romes point. big games, eli is the better qb and its just the statistical truth. then simms went as far to make up that last season reese was blaming eli for the teams lack of success. i musta missed that bc i saw nothing of the sort.

it was kind of emphatic. thats where i think the issue lays. im not saying simms point of view is wrong or anything, im just saying it was odd that before rome could even finish his sentence simms was shaking his head and that simms had to strongly defend why eli is not better than peyton at anything.

it did come off as almost a little jealous imo. like their was some pride involved with it. and a lot of us know simms is a very prideful person, almost egotistical.

giantsfan420
02-02-2012, 08:50 PM

i dont know. this episode is different. no one cares that he feels peytons a better qb then eli. its the way he wouldnt even let rome take the position he did. you could see on camera that when rome was going, in a big game eli's the better qb, simms was shaking his head and the way he came off it was like no one should even entertain the thought.

then he went through a laundry list of why peytons better. which wasnt even romes point. big games, eli is the better qb and its just the statistical truth. then simms went as far to make up that last season reese was blaming eli for the teams lack of success. i musta missed that bc i saw nothing of the sort.

it was kind of emphatic. thats where i think the issue lays. im not saying simms point of view is wrong or anything, im just saying it was odd that before rome could even finish his sentence simms was shaking his head and that simms had to strongly defend why eli is not better than peyton at anything.

it did come off as almost a little jealous imo. like their was some pride involved with it. and a lot of us know simms is a very prideful person, almost egotistical.

playoffs-peytons 9-10 and 1-1 in the SB with very average td to int stats.

eli-7-3 1-0 in the sb, with better td and int numbers, as well as 6 wins on the road.

for simms to emphatically say theres no way elis a better big game qb in the way he did, like mocking the very notion of entertaining the thought, came off as egotistical.

NYG 5
02-02-2012, 08:53 PM
What did the Simms say?

and then simms said how last year reese was calling out eli saying how it was elis fault they were playing badly. it was kind of a witch hunt led by simmsYea thats about right.

When you listen to Simms on NY radio he seems more pro Giants and Eli, but nationally he seems a bit different (not sure if he is trying not to be a homer, if he really means it, or a hater....Time will tell, and as usually I will wait for more info before i decide....)

could be that he't trying to put away any impressions that he's a giant homer. he was a baaaad giant homer when he did super bowl 35

stormblue
02-02-2012, 08:58 PM

i can't post a link to Showtime .
get cable and watch Inside The NFL.

have an opinion without the insult please.
just because you haven't seen it personally doesn't give you the right to call me a liar.
there are many other posters here who saw it.

give your opinion on what he said
instead of doubting that he said it.

TheEnigma
02-02-2012, 08:59 PM

Who cares? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9w)

Firenugget
02-02-2012, 09:00 PM

Who cares? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAA1xgTTw9w)

[:D][:P]

stormblue
02-02-2012, 09:02 PM

plenty of testosterone here.

you really do have a hard time posting without
including some sort of little insult .

NYGgirl722
02-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Seen the show last night and I didn't get the feeling that Simms was putting Eli down in any way. Can't recall specifically what they were talking about but it seemed to me that he just preferred Peyton over Eli on that subject. He's picked the Giants to win the super bowl too so I don't think there is any resentment there.

GameTime
02-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Simms is going to be an afterthought in a decade and he knows it.</P>

Simms will never be an after thought if you are from the era in which he played. Not making a comparisson between he and Eli but he will alwaysbe one of the Giants greats</P>

Harooni
02-03-2012, 12:38 AM
well it must suck to see the rule changes and qb's breaking records left and right (as a qb 20 years ago), you got guys like matt ryan and stafford throwing 40 td's a season now.

Phil has every right to feel the way he does IMO. Eli will shatter his records and its not really fair.

YATittle1962
02-03-2012, 12:51 AM

Simms will never be an after thought if you are from the era in which he played. Not making a comparisson between he and Eli but he will always*be one of the Giants greats</P>

absolutely

if anything ...Eli is now reaching Simms status as far as NY fans are concerned

bflo23
02-03-2012, 12:52 AM
well it must suck to see the rule changes and qb's breaking records left and right (as a qb 20 years ago), you got guys like matt ryan and stafford throwing 40 td's a season now.

Phil has every right to feel the way he does IMO. Eli will shatter his records and its not really fair.

Sure the NFL is now favoring QB and WRs compare to 20 years ago but that really doesn't mean that Simms is better than Eli. If you look at Simms stats, you would notice that he has 78 QB rating, 55% comp percentage, pretty bad TD/INT ratio and averaged 204 passing yards per game.

Eli has done much better than that and has proven to be the far better QB. It has nothing to do with the time that Eli is in.

Harooni
02-03-2012, 12:55 AM

Sure the NFL is now favoring QB and WRs compare to 20 years ago but that really doesn't mean that Simms is better than Eli. If you look at Simms stats, you would notice that he has 78 QB rating, 55% comp percentage, pretty bad TD/INT ratio and averaged 204 passing yards per game.

Eli has done much better than that and has proven to be the far better QB. It has nothing to do with the time that Eli is in.

yes you are saying eli has done much better but you are also aware that the nfl is now set up to do much better than that. you get it? the point being 20 years ago 4000 yards a season was great now everyone is pretty much doing that.

bflo23
02-03-2012, 01:03 AM
yes you are saying eli has done much better but you are also aware that the nfl is now set up to do much better than that. you get it? the point being 20 years ago 4000 yards a season was great now everyone is pretty much doing that.

You are just looking at the yardage... But that doesn't change the fact that Simms completion percentage was only 55%, had bad TD/INT ratio and his low QB rating. There are plenty of QBs +20 years ago who may not have had "today's yardage" but still had very high completion %, great TD/INT ratio and very high QB rating.

JMFP2
02-03-2012, 01:04 AM

i can't post a link to Showtime . get cable and watch Inside The NFL. have an opinion without the insult please. just because you haven't seen it personally doesn't give you the right to call me a liar. there are many other posters here who saw it. give your opinion on what he said instead of doubting that he said it.</P>

I'm not calling you a liar. I'm saying this is nonsense.</P>

I've listened to Phil Simms talk about Eli enough to know that he has a very high opinion of him.</P>

“Eli, without question, will go down as the best quarterback in Giants history,” Simms said. “And that’s great. I’m not worried about my status or where I stand. It’s a different time and era.”</P>

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/sports/football/for-giants-quarterback-and-coach-together-in-excellence.html?_r=2&amp;hp</P>

</P>

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Seen the show last night and I didn't get the feeling that Simms was putting Eli down in any way. Can't recall specifically what they were talking about but it seemed to me that he just preferred Peyton over Eli on that subject. He's picked the Giants to win the super bowl too so I don't think there is any resentment there.
Guys, I'm a big Eli fan and I've got news for you -- Peyton's a better QB, at least IMO. He's probably top 5 of all time. I love Eli, I don't want Peyton or any other QB, and I think Eli will be in the HOF one day (especially with a 2nd ring), but Peyton is an all-time historic great. Just like Brady. But who cares? The fact is, is that Eli can absolutely beat them on any given day because he's done it. Just appreciate him for who he is, and that is a great QB in his own right who will one day be recognized as one of the best QBs of his era.

I didn't see the Simms interview, but I find it hard to believe that he would be "dissing" Eli. We can all appreciate Eli, but can some of you stop acting as if he has been without flaws throughout his career?

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 01:08 AM

i can't post a link to Showtime . get cable and watch Inside The NFL. have an opinion without the insult please. just because you haven't seen it personally doesn't give you the right to call me a liar. there are many other posters here who saw it. give your opinion on what he said instead of doubting that he said it.</P>

I'm not calling you a liar.* I'm saying this is nonsense.</P>

I've listened to Phil Simms talk about Eli enough to know that he has a very high opinion of him.</P>

“Eli, without question, will go down as the best quarterback in Giants history,” Simms said. “And that’s great. I’m not worried about my status or where I stand. It’s a different time and era.”</P>

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/sports/football/for-giants-quarterback-and-coach-together-in-excellence.html?_r=2&hp</P>

*</P>
BREAKING NEWS: Simms just called Eli a d-bag 2nd rate QB on ESPN. JK

Bohemian
02-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Can someone please explain to me how in the world can Simms get so much air time about being a better QB than Eli? To me, it is a non-issue. I like Simms as a very steady and efficient leader of those great teams. But if he had the magic touch that Eli has in the 4th quarter, not to mention that ability to turn it up even more during the playoffs, Simms would have taken that team to more than just a couple of Super Bowls. Specially when you consider the defenses that we had during those years... you just know that if our defense ever gets as good as the ones during the 80s were, Eli would definitely take this team to more trips to the big game.

I don't mean to knock Simms, because he was a great leader, and a great role model for the fans, but I can not say that his stats impress me that much.

Go Blue!

bflo23
02-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Guys, I'm a big Eli fan and I've got news for you -- Peyton's a better QB, at least IMO. He's probably top 5 of all time. I love Eli, I don't want Peyton or any other QB, and I think Eli will be in the HOF one day (especially with a 2nd ring), but Peyton is an all-time historic great. Just like Brady. But who cares? The fact is, is that Eli can absolutely beat them on any given day because he's done it. Just appreciate him for who he is, and that is a great QB in his own right who will one day be recognized as one of the best QBs of his era.

I didn't see the Simms interview, but I find it hard to believe that he would be "dissing" Eli. We can all appreciate Eli, but can some of you stop acting as if he has been without flaws throughout his career?

We know Peyton will go down as probably the greatest QB in history or top 3 if he comes back healthy. Nobody is denying him that. He will have far better regular season stats than any other QB. The debate is RIGHT NOW.... "In a playoff must win game, what QB would you prefer?".... Peyton hasn't shown the clutch gene that Eli has shown in the playoffs. It isn't even close. Just look at their playoff histories. I think that is where the debate is. I will even say if Eli should beat Brady again... Eli has shown more clutchness than Brady in post season. Brady went 10-0 in the playoffs during spygate days and then should go 6-6 with 70 QB rating after getting busted?! Night and day performance by Brady since spygate.

Harooni
02-03-2012, 01:20 AM

You are just looking at the yardage... But that doesn't change the fact that Simms completion percentage was only 55%, had bad TD/INT ratio and his low QB rating. There are plenty of QBs +20 years ago who may not have had "today's yardage" but still had very high completion %, great TD/INT ratio and very high QB rating.

You may feel Eli is better (and you may be right), but you cant go by stats compared to 20 years ago when you could mug a receiver and kill a QB.

allentown PA
02-03-2012, 01:29 AM

Simms will never be an after thought if you are from the era in which he played. Not making a comparisson between he and Eli but he will always*be one of the Giants greats</P>

absolutely

if anything ...Eli is now reaching Simms status as far as NY fans are concerned

agreed YA but cant we just appreciate what Eli is doing and not compare it to what Simms did? both were great for us...we are lucky to be a team and a franchise that is relevant every year it seems...its a much different game from when simms played anyway.

Harooni
02-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Simms had a great superbowl game, he set a record for most completions in a row and highest qb rating. 3 td's no ints. and 22 for 25 with 3 drops. he was near perfect in that game.

allentown PA
02-03-2012, 01:40 AM
Simms had a great superbowl game, he set a record for most completions in a row* and highest qb rating. 3 td's no ints. and 22 for 25 with 3 drops. he was near perfect in that game.

exactly...cant we just enjoy that for what it was and stop comparing the 2?

Harooni
02-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Simms had a great superbowl game, he set a record for most completions in a row and highest qb rating. 3 td's no ints. and 22 for 25 with 3 drops. he was near perfect in that game.

i agree different era different rules , you really can not compare.

Now as for Simms picking peyton over Eli , i think most would so not sure why the Eli crowd is up in arms over it.

allentown PA
02-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Simms had a great superbowl game, he set a record for most completions in a row* and highest qb rating. 3 td's no ints. and 22 for 25 with 3 drops. he was near perfect in that game.

i agree different era different rules , you really can not compare.

Now as for Simms picking peyton over Eli , i think most would so not sure why the Eli crowd is up in arms over it.

peyton is top 5 alltime Eli is not however id take eli late in the game and in big game...i think most would.

stormblue
02-03-2012, 01:54 AM

Simms is my favorite Giant of all time.
Phil is a NY Giant iconic legend and
his stats are irrelevant.....different era
this thread is not about dissing Phil.

it's about Phil going "untrue blue" and dissing Eli and Rome having Eli's back.
it was hard to take , especially with Simms
meaning so much to Giant lore, and to me.
that was my point.
go and watch the discussion and then come back and tell me that you are honestly fine with what he said and how he said it.

G.I. Ants
02-03-2012, 02:54 AM
To tell you the truth, Peyton wasn't bad in the playoffs and he played great in big games. People forget that the Colts team as a whole was mediocre for a while. When Freeny came, they finally had a pass rush and Bob Sanders played like a man possessed during that championship season.

Eli on the other hand was apart of a team that had a strong D and a solid run game. He has produced postseason wins on 2 occasions, 07 and now. He stands out over his brother in the respect that he had way more pressure due to being in a bigger market. He always showed heart despite being criticized regularly by the press and fans (including myself because I used hate). Other than that, he improved every year and is playing great.

GCGiant
02-03-2012, 07:30 AM
You really cannot compare 2 QB's who play for different teams, different coaches, different stadiums, et.c, etc., etc.

However, you can say this. Peyton Manning played for a top 10 college program and could never win a championship. He could never get past Florida. Eli played for a team that finishes close to last in their conference every year yet he found a way to beat Florida and LSU...twice.

Peyton is not better than Eli.

Dover Giant
02-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Simms is a yousta was. A true Giant would rally behind the team. Plus he should push the plate away looked a little flabby.

jomo
02-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Inside The NFL has a panel with Rome and Simms arguing about Payton and Eli and Rome is "pimping" Eli and Simms is all up in Payton/s corner. Simms has not been an Eli homer at all in this weeks interviews. i don't think he wants Eli to be more prominent than he was. i'm embarrassed for Eli. and ashamed of Phil for being totally owned by Rome .I didn't see the interview but I have seen Phil over the past few weeks a few times and he has enthusiatically called Eli the best Giants QB in history already and will only build on that title over the balance of his career.

TuckYou
02-03-2012, 08:46 AM
If Eli retired today, he is already better and more accoplished then Phil. Sorry #11, but it is true.

SweetZombieJesus
02-03-2012, 09:06 AM
It pains me to think Simms is doing this, wish it was on youtube.

Fans will never forget Phil, just as they didn't forget YA Tittle when Simms won a championship or when Jeff Hostettler stepped in for him and won a championship with his team.

Phil once said those golden-era players such as YA, Charlie Connerly, Giff, Huff, etc. were like "ghosts" haunting the Parcells team, and back in the late 90s or early 2000s he said his Parcells teams were probably like that to the (then) current teams. I'm sure it hurt the pride of those 56-63 Giants to see the Parcells teams win 2 championships but I don't recall any of them sounding bitter about it. Maybe enough time had passed and enough suffering.

More than likely this is a combination of (a) trying to be less of a homer on a national show, and (b) I'm convinced more and more that participants in any discussion on TV are given positions to take whether they actually believe it or not, like a debate team in high school.

There may be some wounded pride over his son Chris and the whole Archie-Eli-Peyton dynamic, we forget about that.

GameTime
02-03-2012, 09:42 AM

Phil has every right to feel the way he does IMO. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>Eli will shatter his records and its not really fair</FONT>.
</P>

you need a "sniff sniff" after that phrase..</P>

please.....all sports evolve in one way or the other. Athletes get stronger and faster. Equipment gets better. Training and techniques improve constantly. Rules change. Schemes change....etc</P>

Phil was a very good QB in his day.He ishistory and someday so will Eli. Its the way it goes. </P>

</P>

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 09:44 AM

It's a counterpoint segment.

Wouldn't be much of a show if both parties just said "ayup".

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 09:47 AM

i saw that episode and didn't get that feeling at all

what did he say that makes u say that. He already said that if he wins hes going to probably going into the hall and that he is already the greatest QB the Giants ever had

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 09:49 AM
What did the Simms say?

and then simms said how last year reese was calling out eli saying how it was elis fault they were playing badly. it was kind of a witch hunt led by simms

Simms actually made a great points about how un-even fans and the football world has been about Eli. Nobody remembers how ridic they were last year about his pics, but now they are putting him over Peyton?

Simms stuck up for a guy that will probably go down as the greatest ever to play the QB position. Just because he didn't say he'd take Eli over him is no dis..

simmer down

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Phil Simms is as irrelevent as Tiki Barber is now . I will forever be a Simms fan but Eli Manning is the best qb in Giant history .... Its nice to see people finally saying it. besides me

Simms actually said that this week

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 09:52 AM
What do you expect Super Bowl week gives these guys to much time to think of stupid things to say.

after all the credit Simms gave Eli, sorry he doesn't think hes the greatest ever. I don't either. I think hes HOF material (or will be after sunday).

You guys are ridic.

ITs equally ridic to **** on Simms... have a little respect for the Giant greats that wore the jersey and brought us a superbowl.

HAlf of u guys cursing him out can't be over the age of 20

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 09:53 AM

i wiil edit my post.....sorry i usually have the tube on NFLN .

he gets paid to be an analysis for INSIDE THE NFL. Why would he be anything but honest for the SUPERBOWL?

He didn't shoot eli down. Your being ridic

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 09:56 AM
wonderful post Buffy.

but Phil still needs to check himself.

so in other words, phil should jus tben over and be a Giants cronie like we had to deal with with Aikman, Emmitt, and Irvin being Cowboy cronies?

Hell no. Simms does a great job. You guys take something like not being better than Peyton manning as an insult and its baffling

lttaylor56
02-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Matt-I agree wholeheartedly. My loyalty to the Giants of 86-90 will never die. Simms was great in his own way-as a game manager with a diff. style of offense.

Manning is something even more. This kid is not even done maturing. We are seeing NYG history develop in front of our eyes.

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:01 AM
25 years later and Simms STILL can't get any respect.

Sheesh.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 10:03 AM
mmb what r u talking about? no one here is saying peytons not as good as eli. no one is even saying the position simms took is wrong.

what we cant get is how simms could be so adimant and emphatic that "in a big game" bc remember thats what rome said, he would choose eli and how staunchly opposed simms was to even entertaining that thought.

fact of the matter is eli has a much better playoff resume so the notion that in a big game, rome would take eli isn't as unfair as simms made it out to be.

wtf does romes stance have to do with the made up notion reese was blaming eli for last season bc i hadnt seen anything resemble reese saying that. simms was shaking his head before rome could even finish his statement. it DID come off as a huh? moment by simms.

it was lke simms wanted rome to retract his statement, like simms refused to believe rome could say that. rome wasnt saying simms had to feel that way, it was how rome felt. simms could have handled it much differently, even gone on to praise eli for some of the clutch performances hes had. instead he chose to make sure eli was knocked down a few pegs.

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Matt-I agree wholeheartedly. My loyalty to the Giants of 86-90 will never die. Simms was great in his own way-as a game manager with a diff. style of offense.

Manning is something even more. This kid is not even done maturing. We are seeing NYG history develop in front of our eyes.

He was great and if he really took some sideways shots at Eli, in a TIKI-esque manner i would totally understand this outrage

But saying that he wouldn't take Eli over PEyton and pretending its some huge slap in the face is a joke.

Guy siad hes HOF material (which alot of people haven't said... yet) and that he is already better than he ever was. God, its amazing how these boards have changed.

I use to fight with people on here all day long about how they were wrong and over the top about Eli, now that the majority is swayed to that opinion now I got to fight with them that hes not the greatest ever. Its crazy

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:08 AM
mmb what r u talking about? no one here is saying peytons not as good as eli. no one is even saying the position simms took is wrong.

what we cant get is how simms could be so adimant and emphatic that "in a big game" bc remember thats what rome said, he would choose eli and how staunchly opposed simms was to even entertaining that thought.

fact of the matter is eli has a much better playoff resume so the notion that in a big game, rome would take eli isn't as unfair as simms made it out to be.

wtf does romes stance have to do with the made up notion reese was blaming eli for last season bc i hadnt seen anything resemble reese saying that. simms was shaking his head before rome could even finish his statement. it DID come off as a huh? moment by simms.

What are YOU talking about

Regardless of what the specific topic was, Simms said he would take Peyton. So ****ing what?

Hes suppose to be emphatic about his stance, HES AN ANALYSIS. HE actually made some great points about WHY he would take Peyton. You need to rehear that segment because you guys are COMPLETELY over the top about this.

Fact is that Eli has had ALOT more talent on BOTH sides of the ball than Peyton ever did. Was this year not enough proof about how good peyton was? They went from an 11 win team to a 2 win team.

I am a huge eli fan, but if u put PEyton on this team during the years tha tEli has been here we may be going for our 4th ring.... in 8 years this week

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:09 AM

What are YOU talking about

Regardless of what the specific topic was, Simms said he would take Peyton. So ****ing what?

Hes suppose to be emphatic about his stance, HES AN ANALYSIS. HE actually made some great points about WHY he would take Peyton. You need to rehear that segment because you guys are COMPLETELY over the top about this.

Fact is that Eli has had ALOT more talent on BOTH sides of the ball than Peyton ever did. Was this year not enough proof about how good peyton was? They went from an 11 win team to a 2 win team.

I am a huge eli fan, but if u put PEyton on this team during the years tha tEli has been here we may be going for our 4th ring.... in 8 years this week

and to basically sum up what u said: ur just pissed because he didn't pick eli and he STOOD behind his opinion

i dont' get it

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I can't tell you how STUNNED i am that this thread even exists

lttaylor56
02-03-2012, 10:12 AM

He was great and if he really took some sideways shots at Eli, in a TIKI-esque manner i would totally understand this outrage

But saying that he wouldn't take Eli over PEyton and pretending its some huge slap in the face is a joke.

Guy siad hes HOF material (which alot of people haven't said... yet) and that he is already better than he ever was.* God, its amazing how these boards have changed.

I use to fight with people on here all day long about how they were wrong and over the top about Eli, now that the majority is swayed to that opinion now I got to fight with them that hes not the greatest ever. Its crazy
The glass is either empty or full, there's no in between. lol. That's New York for you.

http://www.absolutelyfengshui.com/images/yin-yang-symbol.jpg

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:14 AM

Seriously.

Bunch of chodes.

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Seriously.

Bunch of chodes.

I watch inside the nfl every weed when it comes on wed nights, so im very familiar with it

I just can't believe how anybody could think Simms DISSED Eli on that... its awful

GMENAGAIN
02-03-2012, 10:17 AM
This thread is ridiculous.</P>

You kill announcers like Aikman for being homers, but then you want Simms to argue that Eli is better than Peyton just because he used to be a Giant.</P>

I love our QB, but if you argue that you'd rather have Eli in his prime over Peyton in his prime, you just don't know anything about football . . . . and Phil Simms knows plenty about football . . . . </P>

gumby742
02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
This thread is unbelievable. I don't understand what's so wrong about having a really great QB, just not the greatest of all time.</P>

lttaylor56
02-03-2012, 10:19 AM

Seriously.

Bunch of chodes.I doubt many will know what that is-lol...

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
This thread is ridiculous.</p>

You kill announcers like Aikman for being homers, but then you want Simms to argue that Eli is better than Peyton just because he used to be a Giant.</p>

I love our QB, but if you argue that you'd rather have Eli in his prime over Peyton in his prime, you just don't know anything about football . . . . and Phil Simms knows plenty about football . . . . </p>

+1

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:21 AM

Seriously.

Bunch of chodes.

I watch inside the nfl every weed when it comes on wed nights, so im very familiar with it

I just can't believe how anybody could think Simms DISSED Eli on that... its awful

For the same reason the original radio broadcast of the War of the Worlds caused a nation wide panic.

People believe what they want to believe.

Having said that, Simms doesn't have the most engaging style as an analyst. He's very intelligent and more times then not he's correct, but his style puts off many people (which I think is part of what people are reacting to here).

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:21 AM
This thread is unbelievable. I don't understand what's so wrong about having a really great QB, just not the greatest of all time.</p>

I mean I get the jist of it...

if there was EVER something that you MIGHT take Eli over Peyton in, it would be in a big game with everything one the line type thing

but if somebody would still take PEyton, its JUST as understandable

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:22 AM

You kill announcers like Aikman for being homers, but then you want Simms to argue that Eli is better than Peyton just because he used to be a Giant.</P>

I love our QB, but if you argue that you'd rather have Eli in his prime over Peyton in his prime, you just don't know anything about football . . . . and Phil Simms knows plenty about football . . . . </P>

If they win this SB, I'd take Eli over Peyton in that scenario.

Championships > winning percentage and gaudy stats imo.

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:23 AM

Seriously.

Bunch of chodes.

For the same reason the original radio broadcast of the War of the Worlds caused a nation wide panic.

Having said that, Simms doesn't have the most engaging style as an analyst. He's very intelligent and more times then not he's correct, but his style puts off many people (which I think is part of what people are reacting to here).

yea hes def not a raging personality, but I actually find it refreshing.

How many SKips Baylesses and screaming heads are out there who just say the same refurbished garbage about whatever is hot at the time.

I don't agree wtih Simms EVERY time, but I think he always makes valid points. One of the best out there IMO

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
This thread is unbelievable. I don't understand what's so wrong about having a really great QB, just not the greatest of all time.</p>

if there was EVER something that you MIGHT take Eli over Peyton in, it would be in a big game with everything one the line type thing

I'd take Eli over Peyton if 3 defenders had their hands on my QB.

Just saying.

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM

You kill announcers like Aikman for being homers, but then you want Simms to argue that Eli is better than Peyton just because he used to be a Giant.</p>

I love our QB, but if you argue that you'd rather have Eli in his prime over Peyton in his prime, you just don't know anything about football . . . . and Phil Simms knows plenty about football . . . . </p>

Championships &gt; winning percentage and gaudy stats imo.

and u can't take that argument, but if somebody disagrees with it could u really fault them?

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM

I'd take Eli over Peyton if 3 defenders had their hands on my QB.

Just saying.

i'd take him in a game vs the pats

GMENAGAIN
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM

If they win this SB, I'd take Eli over Peyton in that scenario. Championships &gt; winning percentage and gaudy stats imo.</P>

That's fina and that's your opinion . . .. but having the opposite opinion wouldn't make you an idiot either . . . .. </P>

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Seriously.

Bunch of chodes.

yea hes def not a raging personality, but I actually find it refreshing.

How many SKips Baylesses and screaming heads are out there who just say the same refurbished garbage about whatever is hot at the time.

I don't agree wtih Simms EVERY time, but I think he always makes valid points. One of the best out there IMO

I agree although I tend to like the more moderate analysts (in style, not knowledge).

I'm a big Solomon Wilcots fan ... smart analysis and easy to take commentary.

Is also why I loathe the FAN, Too much shtick in the morning and too much arrogance in the afternoon/evening.

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:29 AM

If they win this SB, I'd take Eli over Peyton in that scenario. Championships > winning percentage and gaudy stats imo.</P>

That's fina and that's your opinion . . .*. but having the opposite opinion wouldn't make you an idiot either . . . .. </P>

True ... but then again I think we're all idiots http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-19.gif

I'm just a study in contrasts!

sausage
02-03-2012, 10:29 AM
i watched it and it was clear that Simms was feeling some emotions over the whole thing. he kind of bristled when Rome started talking about Eli. clearly a nerve was hit. i recognize it because i react that way at times to certain things - though i try not to.

but i actually don't think it was related to insecurity or dislike towards eli. i think it is more a dislike for media-bandwagon stories and hype and (potentially) some mild dislike towards rome (or at least his way of talking sports).

so simms does not like that the media is ready to forget about peyton after all his sucess and jump on eli after 1 great season and some previous/but somewhat mixed success. maybe it hit a nerve because of what happened when hostettler won the super-bowl? i would say that is more likely than any concern of eli eclipsing his legacy.

watch it again and see if i am right.

gumby742
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM

If they win this SB, I'd take Eli over Peyton in that scenario. Championships &gt; winning percentage and gaudy stats imo.</P>

That's fina and that's your opinion . . .. but having the opposite opinion wouldn't make you an idiot either . . . .. </P>

True ... but then again I think we're all idiots http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-19.gif I'm just a study in contrasts!</P>

Nah. You just like to stir the pot, which is all good in my book.</P>

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 10:31 AM

Championships > winning percentage and gaudy stats imo.

and u can't take that argument, but if somebody disagrees with it could u really fault them?

Physically, spiritually or morally?

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:33 AM

Championships &gt; winning percentage and gaudy stats imo.

Physically, spiritually or morally?

lol ****

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:34 AM
i watched it and it was clear that Simms was feeling some emotions over the whole thing. he kind of bristled when Rome started talking about Eli. clearly a nerve was hit. i recognize it because i react that way at times to certain things - though i try not to.

but i actually don't think it was related to insecurity or dislike towards eli. i think it is more a dislike for media-bandwagon stories and hype and (potentially) some mild dislike towards rome (or at least his way of talking sports).

so simms does not like that the media is ready to forget about peyton after all his sucess and jump on eli after 1 great season and some previous/but somewhat mixed success. maybe it hit a nerve because of what happened when hostettler won the super-bowl? i would say that is more likely than any concern of eli eclipsing his legacy.

Ur theory would have legs if he didn't already say earlier this week that Eli is already the greatest QB in Giants history

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:39 AM
and Sausage:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/29/eli-manning-thinks-its-a-little-early-to-talk-about-his-legacy/

theres where Simms said it

and Simms was flustered by it and he explained why. He said how do u go from killin a guy one year to the next putting him better then arguably the greatest to ever play the game. Thats where his frustration came from and I agree with him. People who have butchered Eli his whole career are all of a sudden pissed that somebody wouldn't take him over Peyton?

it makes no sense

sausage
02-03-2012, 10:40 AM
did you actually read what i wrote? I said that it did not seem related to insecurity or dislike towards eli and was probably attributed to other things. his comments earlier in the week about Eli support my 'theory' - if you want to call it one.

Ur theory would have legs if he didn't already say earlier this week that Eli is already the greatest QB in Giants history

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:42 AM
did you actually read what i wrote? I said that it did not seem related to insecurity or dislike towards eli and was probably attributed to other things. his comments earlier in the week about Eli support my 'theory' - if you want to call it one.

no i didnt lol

i thought i read " but i actually think it was related to insecurity or dislike towards eli."

missed the dont

sausage
02-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Simms explation - in my opinion - did not explain why he 'caught feelings' over it. Rome was cool and collected and seemed to welcome Simms differing viewpoint. Simms was taking it to an emotional level - not what you expect from a 'professional' sports commentator.

and Sausage:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/29/eli-manning-thinks-its-a-little-early-to-talk-about-his-legacy/

and Simms was flustered by it and he explained why. He said how do u go from killin a guy one year to the next putting him better then arguably the greatest to ever play the game. Thats where his frustration came from and I agree with him. People who have butchered Eli his whole career are all of a sudden pissed that somebody wouldn't take him over Peyton?

it makes no sense

MattMeyerBud
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Simms explation - in my opinion - did not explain why he 'caught feelings' over it. Rome was cool and collected and seemed to welcome Simms differing viewpoint. Simms was taking it to an emotional level - not what you expect from a 'professional' sports commentator.

and Sausage:

it makes no sense

because the argument is stupid. I completely understood where Simms was coming from in the moment. Not that I agree, i would probably take Eli as well, but I know what hes saying.

Eli is the bandwagon now, everybody is hopping on. I mean Peyton has been gone for one year and people are actually forgetting how great he is. That emotion wasn't towards eli imo and confuses me how anybody owuld even take that way. ESPECIALLY if you've seen any other Simms quotes and interviews where hes had to talk about Eli

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Simms explation - in my opinion - did not explain why he 'caught feelings' over it.* Rome was cool and collected and seemed to welcome Simms differing viewpoint.* Simms was taking it to an emotional level - not what you expect from a 'professional' sports commentator.

and Sausage:

it makes no sense

thats exactly my point. and mmb, dont u find this a bit ironic. rome said something flattering about eli that he said HE felt, not everyone. and simms shot down HIS thought. where did rome say everyone had to feel the same way? thats whats odd about. all rome did was present his opinion, which is justifiable imo. and simms couldnt wait to shoot it down by shaking his head before rome could even finish his sentence.

all rome was trying to do was say in a big game, he would take eli. the other commentator was like "whoa!" like in disbelief. no one is ragging on him for thinking its a shocking idea.

simms clearly got emotional over it for some reason, and couldnt wait to shoot down the idea as if he wanted rome to recant what he said or something. he didnt present his counter argument by talking up peyton, he did by bringing down eli.

no one here at least im not saying that the idea of taking peyton over eli in a big game is wrong. im saying, it was odd how simms seemed to react so emphatically and had to shoot down romes opinion.

its exactly why its ironic. its like when u make a statement about eli in a positive way, and another poster goes "what?! your wrong!" for merely speaking ur opinion. thats what simms did. rome spoke his opinion, which is def. justifiable that one could see taking eli over peyton ONLY in a big game, not the better qb, and simms went "no!your wrong! and heres why eli isnt as good"

perhaps u could point me to the article where "reese blamed eli for last season" bc that never happened.

its my opinion simms acted strangely over romes comment. u dont feel that way, cool. ur opinion is no better than mine or vice versa. kinda wierd how u try and blast the posters who felt simms acted wierd about the whole thing.

stormblue
02-03-2012, 11:06 AM
everybody here loves Simms.
even those of us who think Phil was wrong in this incident.

but he did not just make a counterpoint.
if you watched it , you know he dissed him.

and all you old time high profile posters that like to post from your high -n-mighty pulpits and throw your weight around because you've been here and done this on these boards for so long are reading your own press and trying to intimidate anyone with a differing point of view.
you just want to defend his honor regardless of what he said because to admit that Phil did something in poor taste and out of character would be blasphemous .
you are acting like Sinns can do no wrong
like he's a god or something.
sorry to offend you self - appointed know-it-alls ; but you don't know it all.

Simms dissed Eli in an unprofessional , unwarranted , over-zealous manner.

Doesn't make him any less of an icon.
but being an icon doesn't make you perfect.

stormblue
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM

Seriously.

Bunch of chodes.I doubt many will know what that is-lol...

if the mods can allow you people to call us
" chodes "

then i guess they can allow me to tell you to go right ahead and kiss mine !!

stormblue
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Simms explation - in my opinion - did not explain why he 'caught feelings' over it.* Rome was cool and collected and seemed to welcome Simms differing viewpoint.* Simms was taking it to an emotional level - not what you expect from a 'professional' sports commentator.

and Sausage:

it makes no sense

thats exactly my point. and mmb, dont u find this a bit ironic. rome said something flattering about eli that he said HE felt, not everyone. and simms shot down HIS thought. where did rome say everyone had to feel the same way? thats whats odd about. all rome did was present his opinion, which is justifiable imo. and simms couldnt wait to shoot it down by shaking his head before rome could even finish his sentence.

all rome was trying to do was say in a big game, he would take eli. the other commentator was like "whoa!" like in disbelief. no one is ragging on him for thinking its a shocking idea.

simms clearly got emotional over it for some reason, and couldnt wait to shoot down the idea as if he wanted rome to recant what he said or something. he didnt present his counter argument by talking up peyton, he did by bringing down eli.

no one here at least im not saying that the idea of taking peyton over eli in a big game is wrong. im saying, it was odd how simms seemed to react so emphatically and had to shoot down romes opinion.

its exactly why its ironic. its like when u make a statement about eli in a positive way, and another poster goes "what?! your wrong!" for merely speaking ur opinion. thats what simms did. rome spoke his opinion, which is def. justifiable that one could see taking eli over peyton ONLY in a big game, not the better qb, and simms went "no!your wrong! and heres why eli isnt as good"

perhaps u could point me to the article where "reese blamed eli for last season" bc that never happened.

its my opinion simms acted strangely over romes comment. u dont feel that way, cool. ur opinion is no better than mine or vice versa. kinda wierd how u try and blast the posters who felt simms acted wierd about the whole thing.

well done. +1

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 11:28 AM

and Sausage:

it makes no sense

You do realize these shows are taped right?

GMENAGAIN
02-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Keep in mind here that the OP is nutty as a fruitcake.</P>

He is on record as saying: (1) he wants TC fired even if we win the SB; and (2) he thinks that he is the Wizrd of Oz . . . . . .</P>

stormblue
02-03-2012, 12:49 PM

He is on record as saying:* (1) he wants TC fired even if we win the SB; and (2) he thinks that he is the Wizrd of Oz . . . . . .</P>

you say that every time you disagree with
one of my posts.

having a sense of humor and being self deprecating does not make me a fruit cake.
it's just having fun and realizing that my opinion is neither finite nor necessarily correct. but right or wrong i am still allowed to have an opinion.

you are one of those "pulpit posters" that reads your own press and thinks that having
a point of view that disagrees with yours is
sacrilege.
you are the poster child for the "wizard of Oz" that i refer to.

you think your opinion trumps all and that anyone who has the audacity to oppose you is mentally challenged.

grow up , you're not as eminent as you think you are.

and slap yourself.....don't make me have to get
up and go over there and do it myself.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Agreed.

Agreed. The nancys are out big time in this one.

GMENAGAIN
02-03-2012, 01:08 PM

He is on record as saying: (1) he wants TC fired even if we win the SB; and (2) he thinks that he is the Wizrd of Oz . . . . . .</P>

you say that every time you disagree with one of my posts. having a sense of humor and being self deprecating does not make me a fruit cake. it's just having fun and realizing that my opinion is neither finite nor necessarily correct. but right or wrong i am still allowed to have an opinion. you are one of those "pulpit posters" that reads your own press and thinks that having a point of view that disagrees with yours is sacrilege. you are the poster child for the "wizard of Oz" that i refer to. you think your opinion trumps all and that anyone who has the audacity to oppose you is mentally challenged. grow up , you're not as eminent as you think you are. and slap yourself.....don't make me have to get up and go over there and do it myself.</P>

I rest my case . . . . . </P>

stormblue
02-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Agreed.

Agreed.* The nancys are out big time in this one.

you's are the one's with tears in your eyes because some of us have the audacity to question the mighty Simms.

here's a tissue .....cry as much as you want.
its YOUR manhood and mancrush at steak here.....not ours.

"Pulpit Posters" ensconced in their own self-annointed eminence.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Agreed.

you's are the one's with tears in your eyes because some of us have the audacity to question the mighty Simms.

You certainly are troubled.

Try to hold on. At least until this Sunday.

Kruunch
02-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Agreed.

My wife (whose name is Nancy) just said SCREW YOU GUYS!

ashleymarie
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM
StormBlue, Some may not recognize your sense of humor, but you have one and it is funny as heck. I seek out your posts to get a fresh spin on an old subject that has been stomped to death.</P>

</P>

I don't know if you are a woman or not and don't care. I just like your posts. [B]</P>

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Agreed.

She's probably a Simms or Eli hater!

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Agreed.

She's probably a Simms or Eli hater!

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
StormBlue, Some may not recognize your sense of humor, but you have one and it is funny as heck. I seek out your posts to get a fresh spin on an old subject that has been stomped to death.</p>

</p>

I don't know if you are a woman or not and don't care. I just like your posts. [B]</p>

Definitely not a man. Men don't talk like that. [:O]

bigblue58
02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Simms has 2 rings, but he has never gotten over the fact that he went from being the MVP for his first SB ring, to watching his back-up QB win the second one FOR him.
On top of that, I'm sure he's got some bitterness watching Eli and knowing that he's not only playing in a second SB that Simms injury denied him the chance to do, but that Eli will one day push him to second place in every category on the Giants all time QB list, and will have done it in a shorter period of time!
Hell...if Eli plays for the same number of years as Simms......he won't end up just topping Simms all time stats, he will have obliterated them, and in the words of Bill Parcells...roller skate to Canton!!!

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Wow this thread is still hot huh?

Btw if we cannot have half naked women in our avatars how are half naked men allowed in avatars? SEXISM much??? lol

stormblue
02-03-2012, 05:27 PM
StormBlue, Some may not recognize your sense of humor, but you have one and it is funny as heck. I seek out your posts to get a fresh spin on an old subject that has been stomped to death.</p>

*</p>

I don't know if you are a woman or not and don't care. I just like your posts. [B]</p>

Definitely not a man.* Men don't talk like that.** [:O]

that's a pretty low blow there , Roosevelt , even for you.

stormblue
02-03-2012, 05:54 PM
StormBlue, Some may not recognize your sense of humor, but you have one and it is funny as heck. I seek out your posts to get a fresh spin on an old subject that has been stomped to death.</P>

*</P>

I don't know if you are a woman or not and don't care. I just like your posts. [B]</P>

thanks A ,

there's a group of 10 or 12 self proclaimed Giants Geniuses on these boards that like to call people , girls ,nancies , and resort to questioning gender when someone decides to have a different opinion.
they like to wolfpack in to agree with and protect each other like they are the chosen ones.

but there favorite one is to question your manhood because anybody knows that that's
the easiest way piss somebody off.
and the best way admit that they are full of it.

can't do anything about it though....they hide
behind the internet , and most likely , in a closet.

i urk them because i ain't scared of them.

they have to resort to name-calling to make their point.

be honest or humorous , that's not much too ask.

Roosevelt
02-03-2012, 06:11 PM

</p>

Definitely not a man. Men don't talk like that. [:O]

C'mon man, your signature reads like The Wizard of Oz.

"The all powerful Stormblue has spoken".

http://www.marketnavigators.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/wizard-of-oz.jpg

lawl
02-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Agreed.

You assume a whole bunch of things that are wrong and ignore the point that I brought up of Simms comments a week ago.

My eminence isn't self-anointed. It's a widely accepted notion.

lawl
02-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Honesty and humor all in one post!

GameTime
02-03-2012, 06:55 PM
How is Simms thinking Peyton is better than Eli dissing Eli?? I am sure he think Peyton is he was too..</P>

some of you guys whine like little deprived kids......</P>

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 07:05 PM
How is Simms thinking Peyton is better than Eli dissing Eli?? I am sure he think Peyton is he was too..</P>

u missed the point completely. its a shame i made a post explaining my point of view at least which explains this, but here i'll go again.

no one here is here to argue that eli is better than peyton. no ones doing any of that. what IS happening, is how simms so emphatically refused to allow rome his opinion that IN A BIG GAME, HE CHOOSES ELI. before rome could even finish his statement, simms is shaking his head no and couldnt wait to tell rome how wrong he was for that in such a way, it honestly comes off as simms wanting rome to recant or something.

and the way in which simms made or tried to make his point wasn't in talking of the things peytons done so well, he was saying what eli hasnt done well. like the imaginary "last year reese was calling out eli blaming him for last season" HUH? point me to the link where i can see or read reese say that.

rome made a comment. simms could have made his, which is, in a big game i'd choose peyton. no one would bother to even care. what simms did was make it seem like a ****** would say eli is a better big game qb, which btw, theirs actually very good statistical proof that he is.

thats the point, and i love simms awesome giant awesome commentator still respect him 1000%. but it WAS wierd how like he was shaking his head before rome could finish, how he made his point by bringing down eli, and how he was saying how ridic "peoples thoughts are" for thinking eli is a better big game qb.

no one is saying "screw u simms eli is better than peyton", that isn't the case at all. its wierd how people could get on some ones case for simply thinking it was odd how simms reacted to rome's statement. it was clear simms was adamant that "no no no! ur wrong, eli is not better than peyton (when that wasn't even the point, it was BIG GAME QB) and last year reese was saying eli cost him the season! one season and now people want to give eli kudos?!?!"

thats what went down, for anyone to say simms was complimenting eli in that particular segment is diluted.

Gianthunter
02-03-2012, 07:09 PM

</P>

I don't know if you are a woman or not and don't care. I just like your posts. [B]</P> thanks A , there's a group of 10 or 12 self proclaimed Giants Geniuses on these boards that like to call people , girls ,nancies , and resort to questioning gender when someone decides to have a different opinion. they like to wolfpack in to agree with and protect each other like they are the chosen ones. but there favorite one is to question your manhood because anybody knows that that's the easiest way piss somebody off. and the best way admit that they are full of it. can't do anything about it though....they hide behind the internet , and most likely , in a closet. i urk them because i ain't scared of them. they have to resort to name-calling to make their point. be honest or humorous , that's not much too ask.And the rest of us know the truth. Sadly we hide you from it. Guess we are just enablers.

GameTime
02-03-2012, 07:14 PM

u missed the point completely. its a shame i made a post explaining my point of view at least which explains this, but here i'll go again. no one here is here to argue that eli is better than peyton. no ones doing any of that. what IS happening, is how simms so emphatically refused to allow rome his opinion that IN A BIG GAME, HE CHOOSES ELI. before rome could even finish his statement, simms is shaking his head no and couldnt wait to tell rome how wrong he was for that in such a way, it honestly comes off as simms wanting rome to recant or something. and the way in which simms made or tried to make his point wasn't in talking of the things peytons done so well, he was saying what eli hasnt done well. like the imaginary "last year reese was calling out eli blaming him for last season" HUH? point me to the link where i can see or read reese say that. rome made a comment. simms could have made his, which is, in a big game i'd choose peyton. no one would bother to even care. what simms did was make it seem like a ****** would say eli is a better big game qb, which btw, theirs actually very good statistical proof that he is. thats the point, and i love simms awesome giant awesome commentator still respect him 1000%. but it WAS wierd how like he was shaking his head before rome could finish, how he made his point by bringing down eli, and how he was saying how ridic "peoples thoughts are" for thinking eli is a better big game qb. no one is saying "screw u simms eli is better than peyton", that isn't the case at all. its wierd how people could get on some ones case for simply thinking it was odd how simms reacted to rome's statement. it was clear simms was adamant that "no no no! ur wrong, eli is not better than peyton (when that wasn't even the point, it was BIG GAME QB) and last year reese was saying eli cost him the season! one season and now people want to give eli kudos?!?!" thats what went down, for anyone to say simms was complimenting eli in that particular segment is diluted.</P>

I read the OP and scanned through some other posts and thats why I put in the "whining" statement. Not so much the OPs but other responses.I didnt disect the thread. So what you said about Rome sounds more like Simms didnt want Rome telling him what he shoudl think about the topic. Seems like Simms doesnt really like Rome all that much. Still dont think it was a "diss" on Eli as the OP stated. But thats just me.......</P>

lawl
02-03-2012, 07:34 PM
You really cannot compare 2 QB's who play for different teams, different coaches, different stadiums, et.c, etc., etc.

However, you can say this. Peyton Manning played for a top 10 college program and could never win a championship. He could never get past Florida. Eli played for a team that finishes close to last in their conference every year yet he found a way to beat Florida and LSU...twice.

This is the most contradictory post I have seen in quite awhile. Gotta a little chuckle out of it

stormblue
02-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Agreed.

You assume a whole bunch of things that are wrong and ignore the point that I brought up of Simms comments a week ago.

My eminence isn't self-anointed. It's a widely accepted notion.

"My eminence isn't self-anointed. It's a widely accepted notion."
LOL now that's what i'm talkin' about.
great post.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 07:48 PM

This is the most contradictory post I have seen in quite awhile. Gotta a little chuckle out of it

lol yeah it kinda is no offense nygfanmaybe, and btw what kinda name is that??

but i can say that what eli did at ole miss with i believe ONE other player to make any noise in the nfl, and i think it was stacey andrews...it was an OL that was avg really dont remember exactly...that his resume was pretty impressive.

i remember watching marshall faulk say before the 9ers game that eli's 24-13 record in college doesn't equate to a #1 draft pick...i couldnt believe what he said. he completely overlooked some of the amazing quality wins eli engineered with no target to make any noise at the nfl level, against teams like florida, lsu, auburn, etc etc. with teams full of defensive nfl caliber players, was downright amazing.
im not even a big college football guy and i remember going WOW. last minute game winning drives that if u rewatch the games, i know it sounds like a homer, but it was on eli's arm. straight up.
i believe ole miss even got to the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME and was like a drive away from winning it...with ole miss and guys with heart, not the talent of the competition.

thats why i feel we're so successful now, we got guys on offense with heart, and a bunch of talent too.

i absolutely could not believe faulk uttered those words that eli's college resume did not warrant a #1 pick at all...completely floored.

edit- yeah i know cruz and ballard are oober talented. but theirs no denying they have tons of heart. i believe its the heart not the skill that puts them above the rest. cruz isnt physically dominant or the fastest wr...we know ballards not outrunning anyone, their heart with eli's heart equals success.

stormblue
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM

u missed the point completely. its a shame i made a post explaining my point of view at least which explains this, but here i'll go again. no one here is here to argue that eli is better than peyton. no ones doing any of that. what IS happening, is how simms so emphatically refused to allow rome his opinion that IN A BIG GAME, HE CHOOSES ELI. before rome could even finish his statement, simms is shaking his head no and couldnt wait to tell rome how wrong he was for that in such a way, it honestly comes off as simms wanting rome to recant or something. and the way in which simms made or tried to make his point wasn't in talking of the things peytons done so well, he was saying what eli hasnt done well. like the imaginary "last year reese was calling out eli blaming him for last season" HUH? point me to the link where i can see or read reese say that. rome made a comment. simms could have made his, which is, in a big game i'd choose peyton. no one would bother to even care. what simms did was make it seem like a ****** would say eli is a better big game qb, which btw, theirs actually very good statistical proof that he is. thats the point, and i love simms awesome giant awesome commentator still respect him 1000%. but it WAS wierd how like he was shaking his head before rome could finish, how he made his point by bringing down eli, and how he was saying how ridic "peoples thoughts are" for thinking eli is a better big game qb. no one is saying "screw u simms eli is better than peyton", that isn't the case at all. its wierd how people could get on some ones case for simply thinking it was odd how simms reacted to rome's statement. it was clear simms was adamant that "no no no! ur wrong, eli is not better than peyton (when that wasn't even the point, it was BIG GAME QB) and last year reese was saying eli cost him the season! one season and now people want to give eli kudos?!?!" thats what went down, for anyone to say simms was complimenting eli in that particular segment is diluted.</P>

*I read the OP and scanned through some other posts and thats why I put in the "whining" statement. Not so much the OPs but other responses.*I didnt disect the thread. So what you said about Rome sounds more like Simms didnt want Rome telling him what he shoudl think about the topic. Seems like Simms doesnt really like Rome all that much. Still dont think it was a "diss" on Eli as the OP* stated. But thats just me.......</P>

i can honestly admit that i had not considered
that Simms was countering Rome on general principle , rather than what he was actually saying about Eli being clutch. but i wouldn't have thought he would do that to a guest.

definately food for thought though.

stormblue
02-03-2012, 08:01 PM

*</P>

I don't know if you are a woman or not and don't care. I just like your posts. [B]</P> thanks A , there's a group of 10 or 12 self proclaimed Giants Geniuses on these boards that like to call people , girls ,nancies , and resort to questioning gender when someone decides to have a different opinion. they like to wolfpack in to agree with and protect each other like they are the chosen ones. but there favorite one is to question your manhood because anybody knows that that's the easiest way piss somebody off. and the best way admit that they are full of it. can't do anything about it though....they hide behind the internet , and most likely , in a closet. i urk them because i ain't scared of them. they have to resort to name-calling to make their point. be honest or humorous , that's not much too ask.And the rest of us know the truth. Sadly we hide you from it. Guess we are just enablers.

a sheep is a sheep , i blame the sheperd
you are forgiven.

stormblue
02-03-2012, 08:12 PM

*</p>

Definitely not a man.* Men don't talk like that.** [:O]

C'mon man, your signature reads like The Wizard of Oz.

"The all powerful Stormblue has spoken".

http://www.marketnavigators.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/wizard-of-oz.jpg

100% correct . a self deprecating disclaimer to
let every one know that my opinions might not
be any better than yours.

hardly a reason for you to swing below the Everlast logo.

Harooni
02-03-2012, 08:52 PM
This is silly. I see where the OP is coming from. But let's not expect Simms to be a Homer.

GMENAGAIN
02-03-2012, 08:56 PM
This is silly. I see where the OP is coming from. But let's not expect Simms to be a Homer.</P>

Dude, what is with the gay avatars? Were they funny at some point? Because they certainly aren't now . . . just real creepy . . . . </P>

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
This is silly. I see where the OP is coming from. But let's not expect Simms to be a Homer.</P>

Dude, what is with the gay avatars? Were they funny at some point?* Because they certainly aren't now . . . just real creepy . . . . </P>Curious how half naked woman pics are not allowed if his half naked men are allowed. Cause I remember hearing no half naked people are allowed to be displayed or you get a suspension. Different rules maybe.

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 09:30 PM

Dude, what is with the gay avatars? Were they funny at some point?* Because they certainly aren't now . . . just real creepy . . . . </P>Curious how half naked woman pics are not allowed if his half naked men are allowed. Cause I remember hearing no half naked people are allowed to be displayed or you get a suspension. Different rules maybe.

maybe thats haroonis satire of the rule...nah he isn't that smart. ha, and yeah really what is up with that? can we get an official "ESPECIALLY no picks of half naked dudes" bc I remember some females felt it wasn't appropiate or at least thats who i hope would complain about that and i certainly would rather see the female versions. lets not double standard it.

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Dude, what is with the gay avatars? Were they funny at some point? Because they certainly aren't now . . . just real creepy . . . . </P>

Curious how half naked woman pics are not allowed if his half naked men are allowed. Cause I remember hearing no half naked people are allowed to be displayed or you get a suspension. Different rules maybe. maybe thats haroonis satire of the rule...nah he isn't that smart. ha, and yeah really what is up with that? can we get an official "ESPECIALLY no picks of half naked dudes" bc I remember some females felt it wasn't appropiate or at least thats who i hope would complain about that and i certainly would rather see the female versions. lets not double standard it.</P>

So like, if one of us pretends to be a chick we can post all the titties we want?</P>

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 09:43 PM

Dude, what is with the gay avatars? Were they funny at some point?* Because they certainly aren't now . . . just real creepy . . . . </P>

Curious how half naked woman pics are not allowed if his half naked men are allowed. Cause I remember hearing no half naked people are allowed to be displayed or you get a suspension. Different rules maybe. maybe thats haroonis satire of the rule...nah he isn't that smart. ha, and yeah really what is up with that? can we get an official "ESPECIALLY no picks of half naked dudes" bc I remember some females felt it wasn't appropiate or at least thats who i hope would complain about that and i certainly would rather see the female versions. lets not double standard it.</P>

So like, if one of us pretends to be a chick we can post all the titties we want?</P>

wait? ur not a chick? my bad man.

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:44 PM

wait? ur not a chick? my bad man.</P>

Happens to the best of us</P>

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 09:47 PM

Dude, what is with the gay avatars? Were they funny at some point?* Because they certainly aren't now . . . just real creepy . . . . </P>

Happens to the best of us</P>lol kids, play nice..

Harooni
02-03-2012, 09:49 PM
First off sehorn is a giant. Next a man with his shirt off is allowed go to any beach

What's not allowed is half naked woman on a football site. We are giants we dont even allow cheerleaders

giantsfan420
02-03-2012, 09:50 PM

nicely played for all of us who have that friend who got too wasted and flirted with that girl who could have been a guy.

DS, i was kidding i think lawls the man. im pretty sure u knew i was messing around right brah

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 09:51 PM
First off sehorn is a giant. Next a man with his shirt off is allowed go to any beach

What's not allowed is half naked woman on a football site. We are giants we font even allow cheerleadersummm there are nude beaches all over the world. And the NFL wants to go international, with even putting a team in the UK. So...

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 09:52 PM

nicely played for all of us who have that friend who got too wasted and flirted with that girl who could have been a guy.

DS, i was kidding i think lawls the man. im pretty sure u knew i was messing around right brahI know you guys were joking. I was adding to it. eh lol

Harooni
02-03-2012, 09:54 PM

What's not allowed is half naked woman on a football site. We are giants we font even allow cheerleadersummm there are nude beaches all over the world. And the NFL wants to go international, with even putting a team in the UK. So... point is if you see a guy driving his truck with his shirt off you wouldn't think nothing of it. But if it was a woman..... See what I mean

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:56 PM
First off sehorn is a giant. Next a man with his shirt off is allowed go to any beach What's not allowed is half naked woman on a football site. We are giants we dont even allow cheerleaders</P>

Two piece bikinis are allowed at every beach too. Riddle me that batman.</P>

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:57 PM

nicely played for all of us who have that friend who got too wasted and flirted with that girl who could have been a guy. DS, i was kidding i think lawls the man. im pretty sure u knew i was messing around right brah</P>

yea just bustin balls</P>

Harooni
02-03-2012, 10:01 PM

What's not allowed is half naked woman on a football site. We are giants we font even allow cheerleadersummm there are nude beaches all over the world. And the NFL wants to go international, with even putting a team in the UK. So... point is if you see a guy driving his truck with his shirt off you
wouldn't think nothing of it. But if it was a woman..... See what I mean

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 10:01 PM

What's not allowed is half naked woman on a football site. We are giants we font even allow cheerleadersummm there are nude beaches all over the world. And the NFL wants to go international, with even putting a team in the UK. So... point is if you see a guy driving his truck with his shirt off you wouldn't think nothing of it. But if it was a woman..... See what I meanrules are rules. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. And in europe it is all the same.

See what i mean? [:)]

pica01
02-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Easy guys,Phil is as fair as they come and is by far the best analyst out there.People are starting to compare Eli to Peyton.Without peyton the Colts were the worst team in the league this yr.Eli was a turnover machine last yr.That said,big game,i'll take Eli.Truth told,however,Eli put together his 5 best games leading to the 07 SB win.Those 25 interceptions last yr made alot of us hold our breath everytime he dropped back.We lost trust.I always trusted Simms.This yr Eli came into his own.He may never put up reg season numbers like his brother or Brady,Rodgers or the most overated QB of all time,Favre,but in a big spot,like Simms,I trust Eli will play well.And Eli,like simms is one tough sob who never gets intimidated.When Brady gets roughed up he's not the same.Eli took a beating against the 49ers and still stood in there unflustered in a way that Brady can't.in 07 we hit him alot.He's different when he gets hit.We've all seen that Brady dropback.Setup,flatfoot and survey the field.When pressured he'll get rid of the ball to avoid getting hit.Eli,obviously doesn't even consider the pass rush or getting hit when it comes to when he throws the ball.Like Simms.The Bradys,Peytons and marinos of the world put up the numbers but unlike Eli and Simms you'll never see them,with an unblocked blitzer that he sees bearing down,take the hit to make the pass.Don't diss Simms.If there's any jealousy it's that he didn't have Nicks,Cruze and Manningham to throw to.

Harooni
02-04-2012, 01:27 AM

What's not allowed is half naked woman on a football site. We are giants we font even allow cheerleadersummm there are nude beaches all over the world. And the NFL wants to go international, with even putting a team in the UK. So... point is if you see a guy driving his truck with his shirt off you wouldn't think nothing of it. But if it was a woman..... See what I meanrules are rules. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. And in europe it is all the same.

sorry bro , you just cant post naked girls (no matter how badly you want to turn the male posters of this board on)

sehorn is a male and played for the gmen. this is why its allowed.

GmenFan1980
02-04-2012, 01:32 AM
http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb300/20090720/Stop-Sign-Quot-What-Happened-Here-Quot-Isolated-Black-1264348.jpg

How did this thread come to this lol

Harooni
02-04-2012, 01:36 AM
yes this got derailed.thank you

back to Simms. i always thought he was fair and unbiased. why is it giant fans get on other anouncers for being homerish yet want all ex giants to be huge homers?

GmenFan1980
02-04-2012, 01:45 AM
yes this got derailed.thank you

* back to Simms. i always thought he was fair and unbiased.** why is it giant fans get on other anouncers for being homerish yet want all ex giants to be huge homers?

since it seems all we ever listen to is troy and buck i'll only be referring to them with this.

I don't care who they like or if they sound homerish, I personally just find their voices to be annoying.

as for Simms, He is a loyal Giant from what I can tell, like strahan and Toomer. At the same time they have the right to their own opinion on whatever the matter may be.

P.S, I have no idea what he said on the show lol

DragonSoul
02-04-2012, 03:45 AM

sorry bro , you just cant post naked girls (no matter how badly you want to turn the male posters of this board on)

sehorn is a male and played for the gmen. this is why its allowed.
it is actually half naked = showing part of skin as lawl said Bikini is half naked w/o nudity.

So I guess we can use Kate or rooney mara in bikinis as they are related to the Giants w/your logic :)

calzonesays
02-04-2012, 04:28 AM
is Harooni a girl? i'm confused. I hope she is.

DragonSoul
02-04-2012, 04:36 AM
is Harooni a girl? i'm confused.* I hope she is.
We have been trying to figure that out for years.

But hey if harooni is a guy that likes guys, it all in vogue, but rules are still rules [:p]

mr.hiroki
02-04-2012, 04:40 AM
Inside The NFL has a panel with Rome and Simms arguing about Payton and Eli and Rome is "pimping" Eli and Simms is all up in Payton/s corner. Simms has not been an Eli homer at all in this weeks interviews. i don't think he wants Eli to be more prominent than he was. i'm embarrassed for Eli. and ashamed of Phil for being totally owned by Rome .</P>

ever since the whole jim/chris everett thing, i find jim rome unbearable.....hes arrogant, snide, and condescending, why he still has a spot on the air/tv, is a concept that is hard for me to wrap my mind around. i would think that; Rome=Bad Press, i guess it's just me, lol. [:|]</P>

GCGiant
02-05-2012, 08:31 AM
i find jim rome unbearable.....hes arrogant, snide, and condescending

You know...that was my original take on Rome, and I really tuned him out for a long, long time.

However, recently I was listening and I actually didn't have that hard of a time listening. He seemed to have come back down to earth and saw himself for who he really is and I thought it was refreshing.

He was talking about going to some award show and sitting in a limo with his wife and people, not knowing who was in the limo, were yelling, "roll down the window!"

He acknowledged that if they knew who was in there they might not have been quite so excited...so, I thought that was pretty humble and realistic.