PDA

View Full Version : Gronk practiced in limited fashion today

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Per NFLN

bLuereverie
02-02-2012, 05:45 PM
"Limited" is extremely ambiguous in closed practices. He's been on the sideline all week catching passes.

Either way, a healthy Gronk doesn't change the fact that the Giants should win. No excuses. Practice and prepare for a 200% healthy Gronk.

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Funny thing, most say Hernandez is the more versatile TE and the one to really watch out for. While Gronk can just run seam routes.

Either way, no excuses with him in or not.

bLuereverie
02-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Hernandez may be more versatile in the passing game, but losing Gronk as a blocker is huge.

NYBlue10
02-02-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm sure Pats fans will use this as an excuse if they lose, but the thing is I DON'T GIVE A HOOT as long as Giants win, Patriots can play Giselle at QB for all I care and I still will take the win.

BParcells777
02-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Did you see his ugly mug without the helmet?

This guy is limping all over the place.........it would take a miracle for him to be a factor sunday

Zaggs
02-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Gronk was healthy in week 9, yet took a fumbled punt to get the Pats in the game. Not worried.

CTLadyBlue
02-02-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm sure Pats fans will use this as an excuse if they lose.

They're barking up the wrong tree if they're looking for excuses. If the 1990 Giants can win the Superbowl with a BACKUP QB, then the Pats can reach within their roster to find someone to step up and be the star.

NO EXCUSES!

buddy33
02-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Heard Toomer on the radio tonight and he said there is no way you can play on a high ankle sprain after only 2 weeks.

fletch842
02-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm not surprised by this at all. He'll probably play on Sunday as well. We'll see how effective he is, but I'm expecting him to play.

bflo23
02-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Heard Toomer on the radio tonight and he said there is no way you can play on a high ankle sprain after only 2 weeks.

I heard like a dozen analysts that were ex-players say the same exact thing when they had a high ankle sprain. Faulk said he may be able to get through the 1st half with shots and pills but by the 2nd half, it starts to tighten up and it gets more painful. By looking at the history of players with this injury, I don't even think he will be 25%.

Zaggs
02-02-2012, 08:34 PM

I heard like a dozen analysts that were ex-players say the same exact thing when they had a high ankle sprain. Faulk said he may be able to get through the 1st half with shots and pills but by the 2nd half, it starts to tighten up and it gets more painful. By looking at the history of players with this injury, I don't even think he will be 25%.

Of course they're assuming thats what Gronkowski actually has. Never trust Belacheat.

Habu
02-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Vollmer takes over at RT and Solder fills in as blocking TE if Gronk can't finish game.

It's the best TEAM that wins this game...

Should be a battle.

bflo23
02-02-2012, 09:10 PM

Of course they're assuming thats what Gronkowski actually has. Never trust Belacheat.

You are right about never trust Belicheat but I saw the Pollard tackle on Gronk and it definitely is a high ankle sprain when it twists to the side like that. I am surprised that it isn't broken. Even with lowest grade, 2 weeks is still unheard of a recovery time.

buddy33
02-02-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't think they are faking it.

When it happened it looked really bad and he did not practice until today.

bLuereverie
02-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Even with lowest grade, 2 weeks is still unheard of a recovery time.

HGH

othermanning
02-03-2012, 08:22 AM
The guy seems a bit tougher than most of the commentators/ex-players saying you cannot play on a high ankle sprain. I think the most reasonable assessment I have seen suggests he will probably be effective the 1st half but may have trouble after the halftime break. The Giants need to be prepared for him to be 100% the entire game.

RugDaniels
02-03-2012, 08:29 AM
"Gronkowski's wearing a boot", "Gronkowski's boot is off", "Gronkowski practiced", Gronkowski was limited at practice"

I'm so sick of reading about this guy and his freaking ankle. Who cares? If he plays he plays, the Giants will deal with it. They played against other great offensive players during the playoff run, they'll try and defend Gronkowski on Sunday.

He's a great player having an amazing season. Let's stop talking about him.

miked1958
02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Per NFLN</P>

At this point even if the guy was 100 percent healthy not practing for 2 full weeks will have a tremendous effect on his play come sunday.
</P>

</P>

miked1958
02-03-2012, 09:06 AM
With that said, we all know this is a serious injury. He is hurt. So he will be even less a factor not practing for 2 wks coupled with having some sort of disability. weather it limits him 30, 40, 50 or more percent on game day remains to be seen. but one thing we know, he wont be anywhere near 100percent

miked1958
02-03-2012, 09:07 AM
We all know BB is shifty and would try to gain an edge anyway he can. But to keep a guy out of practice for 2 full weeks is not one of them.

miked1958
02-03-2012, 09:08 AM
With that said, we all know this is a serious injury. He is hurt. So he will be even less a factor not practing for 2 wks coupled with having some sort of disability. weather it limits him 30, 40, 50 or more percent on game day remains to be seen. but one thing we know, he wont be anywhere near 100percent</P>

Him being off his game will help alter their running game as well. He wont be able to block as effectively as normal</P>

We also wont have to double him.</P>

that will free up a guy to take another one of their players out of the game.</P>