PDA

View Full Version : I really really wish Chris Canty NEVER opened his mouth.....

PhilaGiant83
02-02-2012, 05:52 PM
This is what makes me worried now. He got Brady pissed off, and it seems the media is going bonkers over this. Not to mention, ESPN is gonna blow this whole story like no tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, and I am worried with the trash talking we do we will be in for a HUGE letdown. Come on boys! We aren't the Jets! We back up what we say usually...

Gmen2005
02-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Agreed. It really bothered me when he said that. I'm so sick of all this talking. Really worries me.

jjj45
02-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Explain how Brady got "pissed".

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
This is what makes me worried now.* He got Brady pissed off, and it seems the media is going bonkers over this.* Not to mention, ESPN is gonna blow this whole story like no tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, and I am worried with the trash talking we do we will be in for a HUGE letdown. Come on boys! We aren't the Jets! We back up what we say usually...I do not like it either.

But the best team will win. If the Giants are the best team, then they will win regardless.

But again I agree, SHUT UP ALREADY lol.

stormblue
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
what did Canty say ?

egyptian420
02-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Yea this is really getting out of order. I think the best team will win, there is no bulletin material at this point. But this just isn't like us. So many people I knew who were rooting for us aren't anymore because of this, we're acting like the Jets.

DragonSoul
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Yea this is really getting out of order. I think the best team will win, there is no bulletin material at this point. But this just isn't like us. So many people I knew who were rooting for us aren't anymore because of this, we're acting like the Jets.
Heard that from one of my instructors today. Your guys are gonna lose, they are talking much. And previously he was taking the Giants but didn't like either team.

Either way I could care less. If they are gonna talk, they better back it up, if not WOW will they hear it.

haKREEM88
02-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I like it and Canty can back it up it's not like some bum who doesnt see the field said it.

egyptian420
02-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Heard that from one of my instructors today. Your guys are gonna lose, they are talking much. And previously he was taking the Giants but didn't like either team.

Either way I could care less. If they are gonna talk, they better back it up, if not WOW will they hear it.
This is exactly what I'm saying, if we lose get ready to hear about it. People won't even feel sorry for us (not like I care, and not like we're losing [;)])

I hate how we went from being the underdog humble team with their backs against the wall to the ****y, arrogant, overconfident team that everyone has begun to hate...

Firenugget
02-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Wait. So Brady can tell his fans he hopes to see even more of them at the victory celebration when they get back, but Canty can't tell Giants fans get ready for a parade??

You guys are WORSE than the freakin media. Give it a rest ffs.

stormblue
02-02-2012, 06:28 PM
WHAT DID HE SAY ?

he asked again politely.

Firenugget
02-02-2012, 06:31 PM
WHAT DID HE SAY ?

he asked again politely.

He was asked if he had anything to say to the "fans". He said something like get ready for a great game on Sunday and a Parade on Tuesday.

Here's the actual quotes, etc..-

When asked by a television reporter to send a message to Giants fans back home, Canty had the Canyon of Heroes on his mind (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/18/chris-christie-nj-should-host-giants-potential-super-bowl-parade/).</p>

“Get ready for a great game on Super Bowl Sunday,” Canty said Wednesday. “And get ready for a parade on Tuesday.”</p><div class="entry-injected-ad narrow">

</div>

Sound familiar? Patriots quarterback Tom Brady made headlines when he told fans “hopefully we’ll have a lot more people at our party next weekend” (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/30/victory-party-tom-brady-gives-giants-early-bulletin-board-material/) at Sunday’s send-off pep rally.</p>

Canty wasn’t concerned about handing bulletin-board fodder to New England.</p>

“I don’t care,” said Canty. “Doesn’t matter. Obviously, Tom Brady
made a statement at their pep rally. Obviously, both teams are here to
try to win a football game.”</p>

bigjeep
02-02-2012, 06:34 PM
This is what makes me worried now.* He got Brady pissed off, and it seems the media is going bonkers over this.* Not to mention, ESPN is gonna blow this whole story like no tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, and I am worried with the trash talking we do we will be in for a HUGE letdown. Come on boys! We aren't the Jets! We back up what we say usually...

Hey, I already have my parade tickets and bus tickets!

Die-Hard
02-02-2012, 06:35 PM
I've never seen a football team lose a game because they talked

Seriously, what do you want these guys to say? "We suck, and we dont have a chance in hell!"? If that happened, you guys would be calling for his head, and his job. None of this crap means anything, and if you don't like hearing about it, turn off the TV/Radio and ignore it. The team who plays better will win this game, regardless of what is said.

NYBlue10
02-02-2012, 06:37 PM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Canty said, it's just all positive reinforcement.

stormblue
02-02-2012, 06:38 PM
WHAT DID HE SAY ?

he asked again politely.

He was asked if he had anything to say to the "fans". He said something like get ready for a great game on Sunday and a Parade on Tuesday.

Here's the actual quotes, etc..-

When asked by a television reporter to send a message to Giants fans back home, Canty had the Canyon of Heroes on his mind (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/18/chris-christie-nj-should-host-giants-potential-super-bowl-parade/).</p>

“Get ready for a great game on Super Bowl Sunday,” Canty said Wednesday. “And get ready for a parade on Tuesday.”</p><div class="entry-injected-ad narrow">

</div>

Sound familiar? Patriots quarterback Tom Brady made headlines when he told fans “hopefully we’ll have a lot more people at our party next weekend” (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/30/victory-party-tom-brady-gives-giants-early-bulletin-board-material/) at Sunday’s send-off pep rally.</p>

Canty wasn’t concerned about handing bulletin-board fodder to New England.</p>

“I don’t care,” said Canty. “Doesn’t matter. Obviously, Tom Brady
made a statement at their pep rally. Obviously, both teams are here to
try to win a football game.”</p>

great !
i hope it's a real good parade.
people are cryin' cuz he said that ?
BFD.

Voldamort
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
it's over now go out and win gmen

TuckYou
02-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah, so much for Talk is Cheap. </P>

They BETTER win this game now. </P>

I like our chances, but sometimes this team is just so flat. I hope it isnt this weekend. </P>

It doesnt bother me though if they are saying this stuff out of confidence, but now it is just coming off as arrogance and ****eyness. </P>

Win this game, and all is forgiven. </P>

</P>

buddy33
02-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Read everything he said. It's not bad at all and the media will spin it anyway they want. Don't you guys get it by now? The media is hyping this game even more than normal because of the last time these two teams played in the Super Bowl just 4 years ago.

He really didn't say anything wrong.

lawl
02-02-2012, 07:06 PM
When Tom calls hike and takes the snap, what Chris canty had to say wont be on his mind at all.

egyptian420
02-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Yeah, so much for Talk is Cheap. </p>

They BETTER win this game now. </p>

I like our chances, but sometimes this team is just so flat. I hope it isnt this weekend. </p>

It doesnt bother me though if they are saying this stuff out of confidence, but now it is just coming off as arrogance and ****eyness. </p>

Win this game, and all is forgiven. </p>

</p>
+1

GameTime
02-02-2012, 09:08 PM
This is what makes me worried now. He got Brady pissed off, and it seems the media is going bonkers over this. Not to mention, ESPN is gonna blow this whole story like no tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, and I am worried with the trash talking we do we will be in for a HUGE letdown. Come on boys! We aren't the Jets! We back up what we say usually...</P>

stop being such a *****....[:D]</P>

Giants arent even close to what the Jets are in this regard...</P>

Like you said the media creates all this bull**** out of nothing. You think Brady gives a **** that Canty wants a SB parade. Hell...Brady said I hope we have a parade next week too. You can twist that into bull**** as well. </P>

</P>

PhilaGiant83
02-02-2012, 09:14 PM
This is what makes me worried now. He got Brady pissed off, and it seems the media is going bonkers over this. Not to mention, ESPN is gonna blow this whole story like no tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, and I am worried with the trash talking we do we will be in for a HUGE letdown. Come on boys! We aren't the Jets! We back up what we say usually...</P>

Like you said the media creates all this bull**** out of nothing. You think Brady gives a **** that Canty wants a SB parade. Hell...Brady said I hope we have a parade next week too. You can twist that into bull**** as well. </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Hahaha I know, but it makes me nervous with us and being in the big game. Man no 9-7 team has ever won!</P>

GameTime
02-02-2012, 09:20 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Hahaha I know, but it makes me nervous with us and being in the big game. Man no 9-7 team has ever won!</P>

</P>

you would be nervous no matter what was going on in the media this past two weeks. You are nervous because its a huge game and either team can win and potentially win big. As a true die hard fan we take this stuff personally. I am nervous too but it has nothing to do with trash talk at all. Thats why we watch and root for the Giants. We want the high of a big win....but fear the low of a huge loss. We've all expereinced both with the Giants...</P>

BTW...9-7 doest mean **** now. Neither does 13-3......</P>

GMan883
02-02-2012, 10:04 PM
This is what makes me worried now. He got Brady pissed off, and it seems the media is going bonkers over this. Not to mention, ESPN is gonna blow this whole story like no tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, and I am worried with the trash talking we do we will be in for a HUGE letdown. Come on boys! We aren't the Jets! We back up what we say usually...</p>

stop being such a *****....[:D]</p>

Giants arent even close to what the Jets are in this regard...</p>

Like you said the media creates all this bull**** out of nothing. You think Brady gives a **** that Canty wants a SB parade. Hell...Brady said I hope we have a parade next week too. You can twist that into bull**** as well. </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Hahaha I know, but it makes me nervous with us and being in the big game. Man no 9-7 team has ever won!</p>

No 9-7 team.....??? C'moooon maaaaann? really??? hahaha.</p>

Even so, how many 8-8 teams have won... how is that different or better than a 9-7? by logic, it is actually worse, right? is it because it is something that has never been done? lol i dunno man, but i think that has nothing to do with it. Last i checked, this Coughlini Giant team looooooooovess breaking or stopping records/streaks. ESPECIALLY with these Pats:
</p>

2007: 18-1...Nuff said
</p>

2011: Back-to-back losses: The Patriots lost back-to-back games for just the third time since
the beginning of the 2003 season. Over that span, the Patriots are now
26-3 (.897) in games following a regular season loss.
</p>

in the same game...
</p>

2011: <font face="Times New Roman" size="3"></font>20 Game Home Winning Streak: The
Patriots concluded a 20-game home winning streak. Prior to this game, the
last time the Patriots lost a regular-season game at Gillette Stadium
was on Nov. 30, 2008, when New England fell 33-10 to Pittsburgh. (Tom Brady concluded a 31-game winning streak as a starter in home games) </p>

I won't even mention Eli breaking the 4th quarter TD record...yea whatever, i couldn't resist.
</p>

</p>

gmen0820
02-02-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't mind the talk, they've been doing it all post season, if they suddenly stopped I would start to worry they aren't as confident.

But I do like the people who aren't ditching the talk is cheap mantra. Loving the consistency for a change from some people.

RoanokeFan
02-02-2012, 10:24 PM
This is what makes me worried now. He got Brady pissed off, and it seems the media is going bonkers over this. Not to mention, ESPN is gonna blow this whole story like no tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, and I am worried with the trash talking we do we will be in for a HUGE letdown. Come on boys! We aren't the Jets! We back up what we say usually...

You need to stop reading ANYTHING. Just wake up at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday and get ready to watch a great game.

ikebibby91
02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Canty said, it's just all positive reinforcement.

All I want to know is is that picture on your profile how you look? If so I also have a twitter account.

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 11:37 PM
what did Canty say ?
Yeah, what's the problem? His comment about a parade? Brady's "mad" about that? Didn't he say something similar at his 25,000 fan bon voyage party on the way out to Indy?

Please, Canty and the Giants have not been trashing talking. I hate trash talking more than anyone and if I heard it, I would have called it out.

They're just confident. They're acting AND talking like it. Just like they have been throughout the entire playoffs.

JJC7301
02-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't mind the talk, they've been doing it all post season, if they suddenly stopped I would start to worry they aren't as confident.

But I do like the people who aren't ditching the talk is cheap mantra. Loving the consistency for a change from some people.
+1. Exactly.

rainierjef
02-02-2012, 11:58 PM
i think the reason why people are scared of the trash talk so to say is cause deep down they doubt this team can win. and in the case that their doubts become reality they don't want to deal with the media or fan"which is more worse" back lash of all the trash that was leading up to the game.

take the vernon davis post conference championship game party, we heckled the 9ers fans for it and the team and called them ****y. so your worried karm will happen to the giants, its a fair assessment and no one is blaming you, but keep that fair weather **** to yourself.
<font size="4">
<font color="#0000FF">IM ALL ****ING IN </font></font>

win or lose!

buffyblue
02-03-2012, 12:33 AM
I have no problem with anything Chris Canty said. Heck it was in the same vein as Tom Brady telling his fans that he hopes to see them at the celebration.

You folks need to chill out and stop worrying.

I bELIeve.

allentown PA
02-03-2012, 12:53 AM
tired of it myself too but **** it...lets do this big blue!!!!!!!!!!

Manning2Niks
02-03-2012, 01:19 AM
When Tom calls hike and takes the snap, what Chris canty had to say wont be on his mind at all.

/end thread.

If you think Brady needs THAT as motivation to win the game you're nuts.

How'd Plax's bulletin board prediction of SB42 work out as fuel for Brady?

Get a grip.

Go Big Blue.

touchdown44
02-03-2012, 03:16 AM
doint let media day (week- nowadays) fool you. they ask questions to bait players into a quote to get them on the front page...
and if the player doesnt give them front page material you get stories like this.

calzonesays
02-03-2012, 03:20 AM
doint let media day (week- nowadays) fool you. they ask questions to bait players into a quote to get them on the front page...
and if the player doesnt give them front page material you get stories like this.

yeap, its hilarious.

The NFL pretty much forces all players to talk to the media, and all the media does is troll people and try to trip them up into saying something to print it. Pathetic really. Why are players required to talk to the media?

The media = the devil

miked1958
02-03-2012, 03:20 AM
This is what makes me worried now.* He got Brady pissed off, and it seems the media is going bonkers over this.* Not to mention, ESPN is gonna blow this whole story like no tomorrow. I can't take it anymore, and I am worried with the trash talking we do we will be in for a HUGE letdown. Come on boys! We aren't the Jets! We back up what we say usually...
Brady pretty much said the same thing in front of 25k fans before they left for INDY

It's being confident not ****y

miked1958
02-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Nothing wrong with what either of them said... They both should be confident their will be a parade in their honor next week.

miked1958
02-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Why wouldn't they be