PDA

View Full Version : NFL Mocks

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 10:01 PM
mostly have us taking Alshon Jeffery. That would be SICK. what do you guys think?

slipknottin
02-02-2012, 10:07 PM
mostly have us taking Alshon Jeffery. That would be SICK. what do you guys think?

I have absolutely no interest at all in Jeffery.

Dont think he is worth anywhere near a 1st round pick.

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 10:10 PM

Dont think he is worth anywhere near a 1st round pick.WHAT!? the guy is a game changer!

elitosmith
02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Great 2010 season. What happend in '11? And why would the giants do this? to replace manningham if he leaves? Still doesn't address their biggest needs. And rookie WR's don't usually make much contributions. especially to Super Bowl teams.

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 10:14 PM
He has had to deal with poor QB play all season, He's also a cheaper alternative than resigning Manningham, and finally I think he can be that guy opposite of Nicks that allows Cruz to continue to work the slots.

allentown PA
02-02-2012, 10:14 PM

Dont think he is worth anywhere near a 1st round pick.WHAT!? the guy is a game changer!

i doubt JR is targeting him..we could get him in the 2nd imo...dont want him personally.

slipknottin
02-02-2012, 10:16 PM
WHAT!? the guy is a game changer!

overweight, slow, lazy, hes going to be out of the NFL in a couple seasons. If he struggles with motivation in college what do you expect will happen once he is given a couple million dollars?

allentown PA
02-02-2012, 10:17 PM

overweight, slow, lazy, hes going to be out of the NFL in a couple seasons.

lol..wow ur that down on him slip? IDk if he will be that bad but I agree he is nowehere near a 1st round talent...what did u see that ur so down on him?

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 10:20 PM

overweight, slow, lazy, hes going to be out of the NFL in a couple seasons. If he struggles with motivation in college what do you expect will happen once he is given a couple million dollars?Alshon is faster and quicker than many give him credit for and I'm not sure what his weight is but the guy is a big body receiver. I'm sure he'd be plenty motivated in the NFL.

Raptor22
02-02-2012, 10:21 PM
At his best, Jeffery was a man amongst boys in the SEC, and one of the top receivers in the conference (He was right there with Julio Jones and AJ Green last season).

That being said, his QB's play was inconsistent at best. Garcia has his struggles with the demon in the bottle, and the replacements... I think I could do better. After Lattimore went down, Jeffery was their whole offense, and he didn't have anybody to get him the ball.

I would not be opposed to nabbing him if he's there.

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 10:21 PM
He's a late first, earl second. at worst he falls to the 15th pick in the second.

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 10:22 PM
At his best, Jeffery was a man amongst boys in the SEC, and one of the top receivers in the conference (He was right there with Julio Jones and AJ Green last season).

That being said, his QB's play was inconsistent at best. Garcia has his struggles with the demon in the bottle, and the replacements... I think I could do better. After Lattimore went down, Jeffery was their whole offense, and he didn't have anybody to get him the ball.

I would not be opposed to nabbing him if he's there.
Someone understands. the guy has crazy talent.

slipknottin
02-02-2012, 10:25 PM
but the guy is a big body receiver. I'm sure he'd be plenty motivated in the NFL.

If by big body you mean he always has to suck in his gut for pictures, then i agree.

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Ahem...Thanks Red Eye (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDm6zqkuFIY)

slipknottin
02-02-2012, 10:44 PM
the guy has crazy talent.

And that means what?

You know who else had a crazy amount of talent? Jamarcus Russell. How did that turn out?

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 11:10 PM

And that means what?

You know who else had a crazy amount of talent? Jamarcus Russell. How did that turn out?so you want to find the worst possible comparison and act like it has validity?

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 11:11 PM

And that means what?

You know who else had a crazy amount of talent? Jamarcus Russell. How did that turn out?Calvin Johnson had crazy talent, Andre Johnson had crazy talent, Adrian Peterson had crazy talent. for every negative there is a positive.

allentown PA
02-02-2012, 11:13 PM

And that means what?

You know who else had a crazy amount of talent? Jamarcus Russell. How did that turn out?so you want to find the worst possible comparison and act like it has validity?

agreed shouldnt find the worst comaparison but then u went ahead and compared him to calvin and AP...too extreme in both cases imo

titwio
02-02-2012, 11:15 PM

What mocks you've been reading? I haven't seen 1 that has the Giants taking Jeffery.

All the mocks I've seen have the Giants taking either Hightower, Brown, Burfict, Adams, Allen, Miller etc...Never seen a WR in any of them with the 1st overall and I've read A LOT.

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 11:20 PM

What mocks you've been reading? I haven't seen 1 that has the Giants taking Jeffery.

All the mocks I've seen have the Giants taking either Hightower, Brown, Burfict, Adams, Allen, Miller etc...Never seen a WR in any of them with the 1st overall and I've read A LOT.here you go linky linky (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts)

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 11:20 PM

And that means what?

agreed shouldnt find the worst comaparison but then u went ahead and compared him to calvin and AP...too extreme in both cases imoJust showing that I can play that game too.

slipknottin
02-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Calvin Johnson had crazy talent, Andre Johnson had crazy talent, Adrian Peterson had crazy talent. for every negative there is a positive.

Yea, and all of them have shown time and again how hard they work to be the best.

Jeffery has none of that. He has instead shown that he will be lazy and overweight.

XxBigWhitxX
02-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Calvin Johnson had crazy talent, Andre Johnson had crazy talent, Adrian Peterson had crazy talent. for every negative there is a positive.

Yea, and all of them have shown time and again how hard they work to be the best.

Jeffery has none of that. He has instead shown that he will be lazy and overweight.229 pounds for a 6'4 WR isn't overweight.

slipknottin
02-02-2012, 11:42 PM
229 pounds for a 6'4 WR isn't overweight.

Then why does he have to suck in his gut for pictures? lol.

lawl
02-02-2012, 11:52 PM
229 pounds for a 6'4 WR isn't overweight.

Then why does he have to suck in his gut for pictures? lol.

There was a point in time where nicks put on weight and people called him lazy but it turned out he had an injury.

I don't know what alshon's deal is, but is a similar situation possible?

slipknottin
02-03-2012, 12:01 AM
There was a point in time where nicks put on weight and people called him lazy but it turned out he had an injury.

Jeffery has been talked about as being lazy his entire college career.

I can see gaining a couple pounds when you arent playing like Nicks did, but Jeffery has been playing, there are pictures of him during the season that show him as being overweight.

allentown PA
02-03-2012, 12:58 AM

Jeffery has been talked about as being lazy his entire college career.

I can see gaining a couple pounds when you arent playing like Nicks did, but Jeffery has been playing, there are pictures of him during the season that show him as being overweight.

will there be any safeties worth taking?

GiantPride27
02-03-2012, 10:07 AM

i havent seen one mock with us taking jeffery and only one where he would be available that late.

plus i dont see JR taking another 1st round WR after we have a great young corp as it is.

i see us picking up a LB, OL, TE, DL, DB, RB way before we take of WR round one.

3rd year - Nicks career NYG
2nd year - Cruz Locked up long term this year
4th year - Manningham - resignes cheap in off season(IMO)
1st year - Jernigan - jsut got healthy again and will look to make an impact

to many young weapons at WR to draft one first round

Voldamort
02-03-2012, 10:16 AM
We are trading out of the first round

GiantPride27
02-03-2012, 10:49 AM
We are trading out of the first round

i really wouldnt mind it. there is alot of depth in this draft and if we can pick up a couple 2-3 round picks this year we could score some major talent.

2nd/3rd round steals - LaMichael James, Chandler Jones, page-moss, etc

titwio
02-03-2012, 12:01 PM

All the mocks I've seen have the Giants taking either Hightower, Brown, Burfict, Adams, Allen, Miller etc...Never seen a WR in any of them with the 1st overall and I've read A LOT.here you go linky linky (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts)

That's the first time I've seen that but honestly I'd take Sanu over Jefferey if I had the choice. I'm surprised Charles Davis has the Giants taking Alshon. I wouldn't think WR would be on Reese's radar at 31/32 overall but I could be wrong.

GiantPride27
02-03-2012, 12:06 PM

That's the first time I've seen that but honestly I'd take Sanu over Jefferey if I had the choice. I'm surprised Charles Davis has the Giants taking Alshon. I wouldn't think WR would be on Reese's radar at 31/32 overall but I could be wrong.

WOW how do so many "experts" have us taking a WR in the first when its our last need next to QB

slipknottin
02-03-2012, 03:33 PM
will there be any safeties worth taking?

As a first round pick? No, and I dont think its that big of a need either.

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:22 PM
will there be any safeties worth taking? As a first round pick? No, and I dont think its that big of a need either.</P>

KP is a free agent after next year and Grant is all but gone as well. It's definitely a position I'd like to see addressed</P>

slipknottin
02-03-2012, 09:26 PM
KP is a free agent after next year and Grant is all but gone as well. It's definitely a position I'd like to see addressed</P>

KP will be resigned. While its a need, its not a first round sort of need.

The safety's in the mid-late rounds are nearly as good as the ones that go early.

lawl
02-03-2012, 09:35 PM
KP is a free agent after next year and Grant is all but gone as well. It's definitely a position I'd like to see addressed

</P>

KP will be resigned. While its a need, its not a first round sort of need. The safety's in the mid-late rounds are nearly as good as the ones that go early.</P>

We need to invest high quality assets(whether it be FA $$ or draft picks) into a OT, TE and a Corner this offseason</P>

The second teir of positionthat needs a decent player added to it is IOL, S, DT, MLB, RB</P>

Atleast thats how I view it as of now. </P>

(Guys that are on our team now and are soon to be FAs could potentially fill some of these holes. For example- Thomas, Goff)</P>

BlueSanta
02-04-2012, 07:27 AM
KP is a free agent after next year and Grant is all but gone as well. It's definitely a position I'd like to see addressed

</p>

KP will be resigned. While its a need, its not a first round sort of need. The safety's in the mid-late rounds are nearly as good as the ones that go early.</p>

We need to invest high quality assets(whether it be FA $$ or draft picks) into a OT, TE and a Corner this offseason</p>

The second teir of positionthat needs a decent player added to it is IOL, S, DT, MLB, RB</p>

Atleast thats how I view it as of now. </p>

(Guys that are on our team now and are soon to be FAs could potentially fill some of these holes. For example- Thomas, Goff)</p>

The only position I disagree with you on is RB. I think that is a primary need. If, like me, you agree that there is no way we are going to pay Jacobs $4.5 mil next year, then we will be going into next season with Bradshaw, Ware and Scott.

I do not want to see that happen.

bandwgn86
02-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Ahem...Thanks Red Eye (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDm6zqkuFIY)That's a big dude.. He runs like a bull in a china shop Not vey smooth for a wr.. Lol

bLuereverie
02-04-2012, 09:25 AM

</p>

KP will be resigned. While its a need, its not a first round sort of need. The safety's in the mid-late rounds are nearly as good as the ones that go early.</p>

We need to invest high quality assets(whether it be FA $$ or draft picks) into a OT, TE and a Corner this offseason</p>

The second teir of position*that needs a decent player added to it is IOL, S, DT, MLB, RB</p>

(Guys that are on our team now and are soon to be FAs could potentially fill some of these holes. For example- Thomas, Goff)*</p>

The only position I disagree with you on is RB. I think that is a primary need. If, like me, you agree that there is no way we are going to pay Jacobs $4.5 mil next year, then we will be going into next season with Bradshaw, Ware and Scott.

Even Jacbos agrees he won't be coming back at 4.5mil. From latest interviews though, he looks willing to negotiate prior to his March bonus deadline.

jjj45
02-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Ahem...Thanks Red Eye (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDm6zqkuFIY)That's a big dude.. He runs like a bull in a china shop Not vey smooth for a wr.. LolIt looks like Sebastian Janikowski running routes out there.

BlueSanta
02-04-2012, 10:09 AM

</p>

The second teir of positionthat needs a decent player added to it is IOL, S, DT, MLB, RB</p>

(Guys that are on our team now and are soon to be FAs could potentially fill some of these holes. For example- Thomas, Goff)</p>

Even Jacbos agrees he won't be coming back at 4.5mil. From latest interviews though, he looks willing to negotiate prior to his March bonus deadline.

Its a possibility. I do think he is a team 1st guy. But, there are other factors. If he gets cut, it would allow him to opportunity to go to FA and possibly get a decent contract that would finish out his career. If he takes a pay cut to stay with us, it would have to be somewhat significant as he is vastly overpaid relative to his production. So maybe, its best for him to his FA now, rather than play for a lot less then hit FA at 31. It will be a tough choice for him.

Lets try and look at it without sentiment. Without knowing who he was, and how we all love him for what he has done for us, If I told you we had a guy who was :
- A backup 30 yr old RB coming off his worst year ever.
- A guy who has had a growing number of nagging injuries.
- A guy who has really struggled on short yardage situations, where we need him most.
- A guy who doesnt play special teams.
- A guy who excels when the oline gets him to the 2nd level, rather than his creativeness but that our Oline is in transition recently.
- A guy who isnt a 3rd down back, with mediocre receiving ability.
- A guy who plays a position that happens to be 1 of the deepest in this year's draft.

When I look at it like this, I cannot help but think we are going to part ways. I dont want it to be the case, I like BJ, but it is a position we need to upgrade.

lawl
02-04-2012, 12:21 PM

</p>

The second teir of position*that needs a decent player added to it is IOL, S, DT, MLB, RB</p>

(Guys that are on our team now and are soon to be FAs could potentially fill some of these holes. For example- Thomas, Goff)*</p>

I do agree that Jacobs will be gone. I really think we need to add a good pass catching RB in this draft, and a guy like that can be had in the 3rd or 4th round. I don't think it is wise to invest anything more than that in the RB position