PDA

View Full Version : Official "Cut it Out With Smack Talk & Gronk Worries" Thread

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 01:00 AM
It seems that the closer and closer we get to the game, fans are getting more and more worried about "smack talk" and the health status of Gronk. The only advice that I can give is to stop thinking and worrying about it because they don't change anything.

1. Pretend like Gronk was never injured and will be 100% healthy for the game. The worriers are making themselves that way because of the tantalizing possibility that he wasn't going to play. I don't think there would be nearly as much worrying about Gronk if he had never been injured to begin with, but your desires for him to not play were giving you false hope. He's going to play. If it's any consolation he won't be 100%.

2. The Giants have NOT been talking smack. I hate smack talk more than anyone and would have been calling it, too. The Giants have been acting AND talking confidently since they beat Dallas in week 16. They have been playing fantastic ever since. Quite frankly, I think they can use a little confidence-talking since they were such a battered team throughout this roller coaster of a season. Canty's talk of a parade came after Brady saying the same thing during his pep rally in front of 25,000 Pats fans, and I didn't think that Brady said anything "smacky."

And if there were any truly smack talking going on, TC would have addressed it. The ol' man has lightened up apparently, but he's not going to break from his basic tenants. Plus, this team has enough experienced veteran leadership to put an end to any smack talking.

The only thing said that I didn't like were the comments about Edelman -- Cruz and MM should not have done it. Edelman's an NFL player like they are. Other than that, I don't see the Giants talking smack like everyone's complaining about. Let them be how they feel. Try and coop them up and muzzle them too much, and that's when they'll probably start thinking too much about other things besides football.

Let the '11 - ' 12 Giants be the '11 - '12 Giants. And stop worrying. The players from both teams will do all the talking on the field. And stop worrying about the media -- they're going to blow up anything small into a big deal because it draws ratings and money.

After the crazy year that this team has had, just let go of the leash and let them be themselves. They deserve it.

rainierjef
02-03-2012, 01:12 AM
not for nothing but i wish opposing teams would put a wide receiver infront of me back in highschool when i played running back. i would of done everything in my power to rattle the kid just sayin. its disrespectful your telling me im not talented enough to get the best cover guy you got in front of me? football players JHS and up are habitual competitors, you see someone break a run you want to do better, your constantly driven to do more, which drives you to get bigger in the gym, get faster with the weight vest and chute. that's what it means so if your going to put an out of position person in front of me fine i'll laugh it off and i'll exploit his ***, embarrass him if i have too thus embarrassing the coach that made that decision. and i'll do it **** talking up a ****ing storm!

byron
02-03-2012, 01:14 AM
I'm pretty much right where you are... espnis nothing but a circus showfull of clowns...not worth the time of day.....two more days we get some Giants football!!

Giants10Joe
02-03-2012, 01:18 AM
I agree that the media has blown a lot of the stuff the Giants say out of proportion and I'm skeptical as to how much bulletin board material actually works as a motivational tool (if you're not already fully motivated to win a Super Bowl you don't deserve to win). However, I don't like the reputation that the team has (rightly or wrongly) been acquiring. I've seen a lot of fans from other teams compare the Giants to the Jets in terms of trash talking. I don't like that at all. The Giants are supposed to be a much classier organization than the Jets and have a better reputation. I know this all doesn't matter if we win but it still bothers me.

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 01:20 AM
not for nothing but i wish opposing teams would put a wide receiver infront of me back in highschool when i played running back. i would of done everything in my power to rattle the kid just sayin. its disrespectful your telling me im not talented enough to get the best cover guy you got in front of me? football players JHS and up are habitual competitors, you see someone break a run you want to do better, your constantly driven to do more, which drives you to get bigger in the gym, get faster with the weight vest and chute. that's what it means so if your going to put an out of position person in front of me fine i'll laugh it off and i'll exploit his ***, embarrass him if i have too thus embarrassing the coach that made that decision. and i'll do it **** talking up a ****ing storm!*

I agree with you 100% on Edelman. If you think he's that bad, then just thank your lucky stars that he'll be out on the field. No need to call him out, or even worse, inspire him to beat you and make you eat your own words.

Other than that, I don't see the Giants talking smack.

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 01:23 AM
I agree that the media has blown a lot of the stuff the Giants say out of proportion and I'm skeptical as to how much bulletin board material actually works as a motivational tool (if you're not already fully motivated to win a Super Bowl you don't deserve to win). However, I don't like the reputation that the team has (rightly or wrongly) been acquiring. I've seen a lot of fans from other teams compare the Giants to the Jets in terms of trash talking. I don't like that at all. The Giants are supposed to be a much classier organization than the Jets and have a better reputation. I know this all doesn't matter if we win but it still bothers me.

Compared to the Jets? Oh, please. They've been talking since Rex's 1st day on the job. And ALL teams engage in talking smack -- especially against the teams they don't like. Every single one.

I don't see myself being a homer on this because I hate talking smack -- I think they're just vocalizing their confidence. If they think that it's helped them get this far, then keep with it. As another poster pointed out in another thread, if they stopped now I would be worried that they were scared.

miked1958
02-03-2012, 04:00 AM

I think the Pats are well aware the Media is overblowing what's being said

calzonesays
02-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Gronk is gonna be morphined up for the game. But the long halftime could make him stiffen up..especially if a few Giants defensive players "accidentally" fall on the ankle.

miked1958
02-03-2012, 04:02 AM
I'm pretty much right where you are... espn*is nothing but a circus show*full of clowns...not worth the time of day.....two more days we get some Giants *football!!*
Wilfork knows its the media. He said they are confident. We are confident. Will see what happens sunday

miked1958
02-03-2012, 04:07 AM

Compared to the Jets? Oh, please. They've been talking since Rex's 1st day on the job. And ALL teams engage in talking smack -- especially against the teams they don't like. Every single one.

I don't see myself being a homer on this because I hate talking smack -- I think they're just vocalizing their confidence. If they think that it's helped them get this far, then keep with it. As another poster pointed out in another thread, if they stopped now I would be worried that they were scared.
Correct.
They called the dirty Birds Oline, well, DIRTY. They said they would not allow julio, roddy and turner to come into our House and win.

Then went out and backed up the talk

miked1958
02-03-2012, 04:09 AM

Correct.
They called the dirty Birds Oline, well, DIRTY. They said they would not allow julio, roddy and turner to come into our House and win.

In GB they said they would discount double check the Packers on both sides of the ball.

THEY DID

miked1958
02-03-2012, 04:11 AM

Correct.

In GB they said they would discount double check the Packers on both sides of the ball.
THEY DID
Then they said they were confident they could go back into Candlestick and right that wrong from earlier in season.

They found a way to hang in there and not make mistakes in very bad conditions and got the win
THEY DID

miked1958
02-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Now they are saying they will take down the mighty Pats and Mario and cruz are saying they feel they have a field day if a certain guy covers em. I believe them.

They have burned good secondaries all year. Why not Edelman

miked1958
02-03-2012, 04:15 AM
They are saying they are confident in the fact that they can whip the Pats..

Well again I feel they will back it up

calzonesays
02-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Edelman got punked by Boldin on that final drive. No clue why Balty didn't attack him all game.

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Compared to the Jets? Oh, please. They've been talking since Rex's 1st day on the job. And ALL teams engage in talking smack -- especially against the teams they don't like. Every single one. I don't see myself being a homer on this because I hate talking smack -- I think they're just vocalizing their confidence. If they think that it's helped them get this far, then keep with it. As another poster pointed out in another thread, if they stopped now I would be worried that they were scared. Correct. They called the dirty Birds Oline, well, DIRTY. They said they would not allow julio, roddy and turner to come into our House and win. Then went out and backed up the talk In GB they said they would discount double check the Packers on both sides of the ball. THEY DID Then they said they were confident they could go back into Candlestick and right that wrong from earlier in season. They found a way to hang in there and not make mistakes in very bad conditions and got the win THEY DID</P>

Exactly. Don't stop acting confident now. Keep doing what works for them. They're not talking smack, and I'm sick and tired of everyone A) Blowing it out of proportion, and B) Trying to get the Giants to back down because quite frankly I believe that some want them to back down. </P>

And I'm sick of all the worrying about Gronk. Guess what -- Gronk's going to play and he's probably going to be a major contributing factor. Didn't we beat this team when they had Gronk in the middle of the season. I believe that NE only scored 20 points in that game in their own stadium, and Gronk was the there and healthy.</P>

Didn't NE lose 3 games this year (1 being to us)? So, I guess that a team that has "the Gronk" can actually lose a game. Personally, I hope that Gronk is 100% healthy and I hope that Nicks is, too. Lets see what the two best teams do in a fair 1-on-1 winner takes all match up. </P>

Let the chips fall where they may AND STOP WORRYING AND ENJOY ALL OF THIS.</P>

Rudyy
02-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Compared to the Jets? Oh, please. They've been talking since Rex's 1st day on the job. And ALL teams engage in talking smack -- especially against the teams they don't like. Every single one. I don't see myself being a homer on this because I hate talking smack -- I think they're just vocalizing their confidence. If they think that it's helped them get this far, then keep with it. As another poster pointed out in another thread, if they stopped now I would be worried that they were scared. Correct. They called the dirty Birds Oline, well, DIRTY. They said they would not allow julio, roddy and turner to come into our House and win. Then went out and backed up the talk In GB they said they would discount double check the Packers on both sides of the ball. THEY DID Then they said they were confident they could go back into Candlestick and right that wrong from earlier in season. They found a way to hang in there and not make mistakes in very bad conditions and got the win THEY DID</P>

Exactly.* Don't stop acting confident now.* Keep doing what works for them.* They're not talking smack, and I'm sick and tired of everyone A) Blowing it out of proportion, and B) Trying to get the Giants to back down because quite frankly I believe that some want them to back down.* </P> And once they back down, the same people would be complaining how they aren't motivated .

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM

Exactly. Don't stop acting confident now. Keep doing what works for them. They're not talking smack, and I'm sick and tired of everyone A) Blowing it out of proportion, and B) Trying to get the Giants to back down because quite frankly I believe that some want them to back down. </P>

And once they back down, the same people would be complaining how they aren't motivated .</P>

ABSOLUTELY. Everyone's going to say, "Where's the swagger? Oh, the Pats must be in their heads." Screw that -- let them be who they are. They've had a tough year and have been on a great ride. Let them say what they want to and the Giant fans should back them up and stop with the "I'm pissed that they're saying anything" garbage. This team has NOT been talking smack. They've been saying the same confident things that they've been saying throughout the playoffs -- get off of their backs.</P>

Many of your are just freaking out because of the extra week in between games -- WAY too much to think about.</P>

burier
02-03-2012, 12:44 PM
seriously we need to stop with the nonsense.

We're going to win. Actlng all nervous isn't necessary.

Sit back and enjoy the show.

Right now I love how people want to pick the Giants but have been brainwashed so deeply regarding how invincible the Patriots are and Tom Brady and Belalick that its hard from them to spit it out.

Its really funny now and will be even funnier when the Giants win.

CTLadyBlue
02-03-2012, 12:51 PM
It seems that the closer and closer we get to the game, fans are getting more and more worried about "smack talk" and the health status of Gronk. The only advice that I can give is to stop thinking and worrying about it because they don't change anything.

1. Pretend like Gronk was never injured and will be 100% healthy for the game. The worriers are making themselves that way because of the tantalizing possibility that he wasn't going to play. I don't think there would be nearly as much worrying about Gronk if he had never been injured to begin with, but your desires for him to not play were giving you false hope. He's going to play. If it's any consolation he won't be 100%.

2. The Giants have NOT been talking smack. I hate smack talk more than anyone and would have been calling it, too. The Giants have been acting AND talking confidently since they beat Dallas in week 16. They have been playing fantastic ever since. Quite frankly, I think they can use a little confidence-talking since they were such a battered team throughout this roller coaster of a season. Canty's talk of a parade came after Brady saying the same thing during his pep rally in front of 25,000 Pats fans, and I didn't think that Brady said anything "smacky."

And if there were any truly smack talking going on, TC would have addressed it. The ol' man has lightened up apparently, but he's not going to break from his basic tenants. Plus, this team has enough experienced veteran leadership to put an end to any smack talking.

The only thing said that I didn't like were the comments about Edelman -- Cruz and MM should not have done it. Edelman's an NFL player like they are. Other than that, I don't see the Giants talking smack like everyone's complaining about. Let them be how they feel. Try and coop them up and muzzle them too much, and that's when they'll probably start thinking too much about other things besides football.

Let the '11 - ' 12 Giants be the '11 - '12 Giants. And stop worrying. The players from both teams will do all the talking on the field. And stop worrying about the media -- they're going to blow up anything small into a big deal because it draws ratings and money.

After the crazy year that this team has had, just let go of the leash and let them be themselves. They deserve it.

Amen! I'm on Day 2 with going cold turkey on any radio/television coverage (I just come here and read the NY papers online). Even they can be a bit nauseating, but at least I don't have to listen to Carton overtalking anyone, Russo not being able to spit his words out or anyone else for that matter STILL agonizing over Peyton's neck, Brady/BBs legacy or whether Eli is elite.

But I did see a video of Stephen A Smith giving Bayless the bird. Anyone else see that story?

Leave these guys alone. They had a hard season trying to muddle through with injuries. I don't mind certain talk, as long as predictions or guarantees aren't tossed around. No reason for that

And as for Gronk - HE isn't the entire Pats offense. I think everyone's trying to get in the Giants head with the will he or won't he. Who cares? Giants are prepping for him as if he were to be 100% so Gronk better be prepared to NOT get coddled cuz that ain't happening

bearbryant
02-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Another typical SB media circus: Its a blast! I watch a half hour of replays to catch all the "highlites" of the circus during that day. Interesting that people should care about what someone else says about the "enemy"!!! Come on its a game not a war but for 60 minutes on Sunday I hope they feel like the guy across the line from him is trying to take his paycheck... Cause he is! Sunday come soon! As for gronk; if he really has the injury that is listed, it makes our job Sunday easier not harder. You go out and test him early and than you know what he's got or not got! Go Giants!!!

JJC7301
02-03-2012, 01:07 PM
It seems that the closer and closer we get to the game, fans are getting more and more worried about "smack talk" and the health status of Gronk. The only advice that I can give is to stop thinking and worrying about it because they don't change anything. 1. Pretend like Gronk was never injured and will be 100% healthy for the game. The worriers are making themselves that way because of the tantalizing possibility that he wasn't going to play. I don't think there would be nearly as much worrying about Gronk if he had never been injured to begin with, but your desires for him to not play were giving you false hope. He's going to play. If it's any consolation he won't be 100%. 2. The Giants have NOT been talking smack. I hate smack talk more than anyone and would have been calling it, too. The Giants have been acting AND talking confidently since they beat Dallas in week 16. They have been playing fantastic ever since. Quite frankly, I think they can use a little confidence-talking since they were such a battered team throughout this roller coaster of a season. Canty's talk of a parade came after Brady saying the same thing during his pep rally in front of 25,000 Pats fans, and I didn't think that Brady said anything "smacky." And if there were any truly smack talking going on, TC would have addressed it. The ol' man has lightened up apparently, but he's not going to break from his basic tenants. Plus, this team has enough experienced veteran leadership to put an end to any smack talking. The only thing said that I didn't like were the comments about Edelman -- Cruz and MM should not have done it. Edelman's an NFL player like they are. Other than that, I don't see the Giants talking smack like everyone's complaining about. Let them be how they feel. Try and coop them up and muzzle them too much, and that's when they'll probably start thinking too much about other things besides football. Let the '11 - ' 12 Giants be the '11 - '12 Giants. And stop worrying. The players from both teams will do all the talking on the field. And stop worrying about the media -- they're going to blow up anything small into a big deal because it draws ratings and money. After the crazy year that this team has had, just let go of the leash and let them be themselves. They deserve it. Amen! I'm on Day 2 with going cold turkey on any radio/television coverage (I just come here and read the NY papers online). Even they can be a bit nauseating, but at least I don't have to listen to Carton overtalking anyone, Russo not being able to spit his words out or anyone else for that matter STILL agonizing over Peyton's neck, Brady/BBs legacy or whether Eli is elite. But I did see a video of Stephen A Smith giving Bayless the bird. Anyone else see that story? Leave these guys alone. They had a hard season trying to muddle through with injuries. I don't mind certain talk, as long as predictions or guarantees aren't tossed around. No reason for that And as for Gronk - HE isn't the entire Pats offense. I think everyone's trying to get in the Giants head with the will he or won't he. Who cares? Giants are prepping for him as if he were to be 100% so Gronk better be prepared to NOT get coddled cuz that ain't happening</P>

It will be so sweet if the Giants win this game (like I strongly believe they do) and force all of the pundits to eat crow for an entire year. This 2nd week in between games is just bringing up nitpicking and I hope the Giants don't back down. He'll, I'd love for them to double down on the talk.</P>

We're not guaranteed to win anything, but if we can beat the '07 Pats who were much better, then we can beat the '11 Pats as well. </P>